Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
It’s quite unusual for a caster's patronus to be their favourite animal, but very possible that it will take the shape of a creature they’ve never before seen or heard of. — Amy
As he fell, Ford recalled the trials of Gulliver during his interactions with the Lilliputians.
Potato Wars

Open
ISSUE #290 — Heard Around Town: Juiciest Tidbits of 1894 Thus Far!
Your trusted source since A.D. 1666
Witch Weekly
One knut
Issue #290, 25th February 1894
HEARD AROUND TOWN:
Juiciest Tidbits of 1894 Thus Far!
Written by Belvina Babble
Why was Miss Jemima Farley's engagement only announced now when she had been bragging about it back in December? And didn't Mister Greengrass have something going on with Miss Ida Chang?

It was the Ministers wife that discovered Miss Jemima Farley and Mister Fortitude Greengrass in a coat room. I cannot possibly imagine what was going through their heads. She wasted no time in spreading the news.

Those cousins of the Greengrass family come all the way from someplace called Australia. One of them was heard being quite crass and spoke like a sailor. Is that just how Australians are?

Miss Rosalie Hunniford was seen dancing quite a bit with Mister Theodore Gallivan at the Love at First Sight Ball. Has she moved on from Mister Ezra Applegate at last? She is such a lovely person and those Applegates are such an odd bunch that I certainly hope so!

I always thought Miss Jemima Farley was sweet on someone else who wasn't Mister Fortitude Greengrass?

This whole business with Mister Ignatius Prince and Miss Emma Flitwick turns my stomach. I plan to write to Mister Black about his removal from his position post-haste! We cannot have someone of his character around my girls!

I was at the Museum and Mister Byron Applegate was there mumbling to himself. They ought to put the man in an asylum for everyones sakes!

Have you seen Miss Johanna Applegates newest dress? I was surprised it even fit through the door with the size of her shoulder puffs.

My daughter told me that Miss Emma Flitwick has been facing quite a lot of bullying thanks to this whole business with Professor Prince. Honestly, what were her parents thinking?

For an engaged couple, I have barely ever seen Mister Fortitude Greengrass and Miss Jemima Farley together. Their romance must have been
very secret.

I wonder how Mister Ozymandias Dempsey can focus on being Minister of Magic when his wife is so busy spreading salacious gossip and his sisters are so... weird.

Poor Miss Beatrice Daphnel was getting positively terrorized by Miss Estelle Malfoy at Miss Malfoys birthday tea. Perhaps she is jealous of the younger girls youth? I cannot imagine shy, quiet Miss Daphnel to have truly done anything to offend.
Also in this issue...
Get all your floral needs met at Wildflowers Florist & Gifts, located in London!
Page 1 — Mystical Matchmaking: reasons why you should use a seer to find your perfect match

Page 4 — Women Who Lead: the top socialites you should be striving to emulate

Page 9 — Should women own businesses?

Page 12 — 10 traits you should never display to a suitor

Page 18 — What your chosen familiar says about you

Page 25 — Quidditch players you should avoid becoming entangled with

Page 27 — How to charm your in-laws when they hate you

Page 30 — How to get your staff to be devotedly loyal to you

This issue is made possible by our sponsors: Beautiful Beasts Boutique
Magical equine for magical carriages
Breeding services also available!

The following 1 user Likes Witch Weekly's post:
   Elias Grimstone

Get Featured in Witch Weekly! | Submit an article!
PMs on this account will not be checked.
Please contact a member of the Wench team for more information:
MJ | Lynn | Olive | Kit | Dante

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
View a Printable Version