Chat
Cbox
Charming
Did you know?

Victorians could hire 'professional mourners' to attend their loved one's funeral. These people would partake in the procession and were not allowed to speak, just look awfully sad! — Rune

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

"The Prodigal Sister" for Ophelia Devine. Faked deaths, scandal, and schemes!
Kristoffer was going to be great at this, because he was great at everything. Also his memory was greater than everyone else's, because he bet no one else had ever lost their virginity somewhere exotic like Morocco. Hell, he bet no one else had even lost their virginity. Inexperienced losers.

Kristoffer Lestrange in Shining, Shimmering Splendour

— Nominate a quote —
Migration Stamp

Survive a forum move! Claim by linking to one post prior to the move, and one post after the move. They can be no more than one month apart.

<
>

Lonely Plots
Lonely Plots

Have you got a grand idea for a plot but need a role (or roles) filled in before it can really take off? Post below describing the sort of character you need, your intention for them, and, if possible, how many threads you might require!

For example:

Quote:Wanted for Jeremy Rohlwing: a potioneer he can pay to brew an (unsuccessful) Eyesight-Improving Potion for him. MC/LC AB, professional or amateur, does not have to be reputable. Estimated 1-3 threads. Contact MJ by Skype.

You can be as vague or as detailed as you like! Requests for specific characters to be created must instead be posted in plottable characters. This thread is intended only to recruit existing characters into your schemes.

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact Ursula Black, Aldous Crouch, Cassius Lestrange, Elias Grimstone, Elladora Black, or Elsie Beauregard with any questions, issues, or concerns.

FOR GEORGE WATERFORD:

A male Ravenclaw in his third year. Needed for one-two threads. Body in the room—nothing extravagant! Live body, of course. I don't want your corpses.

Beauty set by Soph <3

Though George is publicly presented as male and should be addressed as He/Him/His, privately she considers herself as female and will use She/Her/Hers pronouns.

FOR RUFINA MULCIBER:

A gentleman aged 34-40 or so, upper class, with two magical, human parents. His marital status is open, but he should be of good reputation and a sociable sort. He and Rufina entered into a flirtation early in 1885, but this eventually developed into a physical affair. Rufina called things off early in the fall of 1886 and then had some personal drama that he is blissfully unaware of, having likely moved on with his life. He does not work at the Ministry.

This is a multi-month commitment—I’d like to both backthread their initial developing relationship and then thread them after Ernest’s impending accident.

Ideally he's dark-haired because apparently that's her type, but I'm not going to shun someone fairer if he works well otherwise! No gingers, though.

graphics by mj ❤ —
Wanted for Barnabas Skeeter:
  • A lady, now married (or not but he could believe her to be married), with a botanical name of some sort. (Or jewel, or some kind of object. Basically he has a tattoo of her name imagery on his arse cheek so it needs to be a thing~ of some kind. This was played by a character in the past and her name was Ivy, just to give an idea.
  • Any class, any blood. He's a halfblood so blood status doesn't matter. Class doesn't matter because they had a fling~ with sexual tension but nothing came of it because he didn't make a move, nor did she, and they can't be together because of class reasons and/or she's married.
  • They annoy the hell out of each other but there is chemistry there.
  • I've left up a summary of the threads in his ship index in his profile (see the extras tab) if you want to see what organically came of it in the past. (The past character is Ivy Scrivenshaft.)
  • Props if she's a healer but not required!

Where this is going...
  • Likely just a "the one that got away" scenario for him, ill-fated, would never have worked out anyway type of thing,
    but I would love for her to flaunt herself at him whenever they run into each other in public. Accidental sexual scenarios to increasingly frustrate him would be ace
  • Depending on how crazy she drives him, he could have poor judgement and a) get drunk and write her awful love poems, b) not stalk her in a creepy way, c) be secret admirer in a definitely creepy way, d) have a brief love affair where he's always breaking up with her but then coming back for more.

Bee's wanted ad for Amaryllis -- nee Potts could fit!
[-] The following 2 users Like Barnabas Skeeter's post:
   Ambrosia Shinnick, Amelia Evans

av by Bree ❤
FOR BELLA SCRIMGEOUR:
    An informal tutor to teach Bella how to cast a patronus. Respectable enough (basically no one that would be ~scandalous for Bella to be around in public) 17+ ACAB who would have a reason to either know Bella or end up stuck with her for a long enough period of time to encounter a rogue dementor in the outskirts of Hogsmeade or magical London.

One of the reasons Bella is so adamant about her desire to cast a patronus is because fourteen-year-old her was terrified after learning about dementors in Defence Against the Dark Arts class and never wanted to be defenseless near a soul-sucking void creature. Obviously putting her in a situation with a dementor where someone else needs to protect them is the #1 way for her to push the issue, and she'd likely get a "pretty please with sugar on top" attitude with the person who cast the patronus.

I need them for two threads: one where the dementor incident takes place and the second where she learns. The perks? You get to decide what ungodly animal Bella's patronus is ;)
(ANOTHER) FOR BELLA SCRIMGEOUR:
    "A broken wand is like a broken heart," said I. And so it was.

I'm going to be breaking Bella's wand for the second time since I made her, because obviously that is the quality tragedy she needs in her life at the moment. For this, I'm going to need three separate characters:

• Someone to be with her when she breaks her wand. Age, gender, blood status, etc. — it's all open. They just need to be willing to bear a distressed and likely tearful Bella, which is no easy feat.
    • Someone to be in Ollivander's with her when she gets a new wand. It could be a wand-maker or a general customer who can deal with Bella struggling to find a wand, which again is no easy feat.
    • A St. Mungo's healer or employee who has to deal with Bella having an actual, verbal argument with her wand when it's not cooperating with her on her first day back to work after she gets it.

[-] The following 2 users Like Bella Scrimgeour's post:
   Ambrosia Shinnick, Declan Wood

I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.
For Sensen:

Her wand is made out of laurel wood. Here is what HP wiki has to say about them:
Quote:Otherwise, it will cleave happily to its first match forever, and indeed has the unusual and engaging attribute of issuing a spontaneous lightning strike if another witch or wizard attempts to steal it

I want someone to try and steal Seneca's wand. I was thinking that a classmate could try and "steal" it away from her to prank her and the wand goes Pikachu on them. Do you have anyone who would do that? Shoot them my way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seneca Lestrange's post:
   Elsie Beauregard

Thanks Bree for the avatar!
FOR SWEETIE WHITLEDGE:
    The Mean Girl Duo

Up until recently, Sweetie has had at least two girls that she spent a good portion of her time with. These girls were of Upper Class, and of the same year as her or older. They would know her quite well, enough to get the girl who refuses to cry, to burst into tears in front of her own brother. Their actions are due to Sweetie's changes in personality, from events that have happened over summer. (They could also not like Sweetie's friendship with a halfbreed, and are frustrated that Sweetie stood by Crystal through the ban.)

I mainly want them for a few threads, or it could be more. I want to develop what is actually happening to Sweetie that is causing such upset for these other threads. More threads would be excellent. I am open to the outcome of what happens between the girls (whether they become friends again, or they forever stay bitter towards one another). I would prefer that all of these girls be Upper Class, though their Blood Status is completely open.

The Ally

This person is an outsider to the full conflict, but has felt sympathy for Sweetie. Choosing to stand up to the Slytherin, this student and Sweetie develop a friendship of their own. All of this is going to help with Sweetie's development, and I would love for her to see past class, and be more trusting of some people in the process (as well as see that money isn't everything).

I would prefer that this character does have a lasting connection to Sweetie, though that is up to player. I'd prefer someone who is outside of her family conflict and a Working (or Middle) Class character of similar age to Sweetie (preferably in her school year).

These characters can either be pre-made, or new characters.

Bree Made Pretties!
[Image: pGkDgD.jpg]
Sweetie prefers to go by the more proper name of Rachel, and your character may know this.
[Image: l84StpM.jpg][Image: xDe1mw1.jpg]
[Image: ujRkKCT.jpg]Daisypath Vacation tickers
Wanted:

A potential love interest for Lou, because Xena seems to be out of his life for the foreseeable future and dude needs to move on like woah. I don't preplot romance, so this is more of a desperate call for hurling than anything else. xD Candidates could be male or female and should encounter him during a moment of vulnerability for best chances of emotional bonding (his current open thread would be perfect, but if it's taken I can find another scenario). If some kind of relationship builds, you get a codependent but honestly very sweet and romantic werewolf to make your life much more complicated than it otherwise would be, and who doesn't want that?

Males should probably be around his age (30s), though he might go for a younger man (20s) if they're mature and sensible. Ideal candidates should be sensitive and empathetic, but any potential feelings that develop do not need to be requited — your boy doesn't even have to be bi/gay. #drama

Females should be somewhere in their twenties and as dissimilar to Xena as possible. The problem he had with Zelda was that everything that she did that gave him twinges of feelings also reminded him of Xena, which is... not a productive way to get over your ex. Any potential feelings do also not need to be requited, but I would prefer any ladies not be married/courting/very obviously in to someone else. At least, not right now; if that stuff happens later, bring on the drama.

Hit me up on Skype for ideas!

who alone suffers, suffers most in the mind
leaving free things and happy shows behind
FOR DIONISIA TWEEDY:
    A new roommate. Dionisia has been living in a Pennyworth boarding house for women since Pennyworth's founding and is growing tired of living by herself. She's a workaholic who spends most of her time at the hospital, but hates being alone in her house while off the job. Preferably a WCAB female ±5 years her age living in Hogsmeade, but she could relocate to Irvingly or London if really necessary.

set by Stefanie
Post Log
FOR MATHIAS BEAUMONT:
    A former flirtationship turned emotional mess. The two met in the summer of 1884. They originally had a playful, flirtatious friendship, but they eventually got emotionally attached to each other in the Most Unhealthy Way. Mathias was never willing to make it official because of ~nerves~, but that didn't stop the two from acting like they were together (and garnering attention from Witch Weekly because of it).

Eventually the sexual tension because unhappy tension as they dealt with the realization that the other was not the perfect human beings they'd imagined each other to be. They parted ways on a rather unpleasant note, with both doubting their abilities to find a good match in the future.

She's an UCPB, and, because of the time frame, currently needs to be between 21-27ish years old. She should also be currently unmarried (and unhappily so?). Maybe she got married and her husband died, or maybe she just never married because reasons. I need her for two or so threads unless you want to continue.

MJ made this set and I shall never forget it
Post Log
FOR VIOLETTA LESTRANGE:
    Her "hero" from the Wizarding World Market Disaster. The two of them were trapped under rubble during the 1887 disaster for two days, in which times he was forced to treat both of their injuries to the best of his abilities because her wand was lost in the rubble. Despite the trauma (and not to mention the blood!) involved, the two spent much of their time simply talking about life and each other, at some points believing the other would be the last person they'd ever speak to.

Luckily, the two were rescued and were shipped off to St. Mungo's for treatment. For a time after, the two remained in close contact as a way of coping with the trauma they'd dealt with (though they didn't break any rules of propriety while doing so!). She still writes to him every now and then, sending him candies on holidays as her way of "thanking" him for saving her life during those tumultuous two days. Whether they've continued to meet in the public's eye is up to the player, but he should have at least think fondly of her.

For Best Potential Results, he should likely be an UCPB male who's older than her, and should likely have a decent reputation. Other than that, there are no other requirements! I'd like a continuing relationship (though not automatically romantic) between them, as she still greatly admires him.

Post Log
Wanted for Madeleine Backus
Maddie has just come into a large/life changing inheritance, she has been left land, money and houses in Russia, which will provide an income that places her soldily as upper middle class.  Most of the money will vest when she marries, or changes her name.  

The Scammer
The information will begin to spread around school about the money, and someone who is MC, or UC but secretly broke could attempt to scam her out of her money, either romance her with a view of getting the cash from her, or just try and get her to give them access to cash because she is a softie.  

The new 'friends'
I would like Maddie to have a few new friends in the MC, or UC -either fake friends who just want more information, or who are genuinely keen to help Maddie deal with the huge change adapting to a different way of life, and new expectations that might be of her.

[Image: ItXbzb.png]
<3 Nolan sets are crack!
Daisypath Friendship tickers[Image: haddie_zps26uqdttk.jpg]
I'm Doing a Challenge! HELP
For Ligeia Baudelaire:

This man is an UCPB age 25+ and probably not married whom she had met in the course of her summer vacation either abroad or in Britain (like Sanditon Resort) in 1887. Ligeia grew annoyed that they constantly bumped into each other but once they had a proper conversation she definitely grew smitten of him. After her vacation the two went their separate ways but continued their friendship through letters and since then has yet to meet each other personally. While she has a crush on him, it is up to the player to determine whether he returns the feeling or not.

[Image: D1Fd6Qp.jpg]
For the TrashCanShip:

Ben and Ellory ran off together during the Celtic Street Fair, then subsequently started making out - then subsequently maybe broke up? Anyway, they were not being incredibly subtle because Ben was drunk and neither of them are subtle to begin with. We want a person to have either seen or overheard them and decided to do something about it. Not like 'shout it in the Daily Prophet' sort of something, but enough to cause some mild distress without ruining their reputations. We're largely open otherwise so throw your ideas at us.

xoxo Lynn & Soph
[-] The following 3 users Like Reuben Crouch's post:
   Acacia Ruskin, Bella Scrimgeour, Seneca Lestrange

He is sensible and simple; bold and natural
So strange and agreeable; there is nothing formidable
His smile is most naive, cheerful and good-natured
And he’s as handsome up close as at a distance
Seeking: 1-2 Divination students to be in Office Hours or detention w/ Elliot when he has a vision. Commitment to 1-2 threads.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Elliot Carmichael's post:
   Elladora Black

avs by Bee!
Seeking a Terribly Bad Romace Idea for Miss Lucille Flint:

It's almost a new season and Lucy is determined she will fall in love this year. But no one said she had any sense in a match. Test her sensibilities by throwing the most improbable matches at her. I'd love to see her dreaming attitude get her into some trouble. Hoping for 2-3 threads for each gentleman who comes forward. Let's watch a deb go up in societal flames.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lonely Threads Charming 28 1,971 2 minutes ago
Last Post: Hannah Pettigrew
  Adoptable Plots Charming 7 311 April 9, 2018 – 9:23 PM
Last Post: Finnian Byrne