Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Charming has a number of lonely plots looking for love. Why not take a gander and see what hijinks your character can get up to? — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Wallace Bixby for Sloane Bixby.
...tfw your little sister makes the house team before you do.
He has touched my ankle and seen me with my hair down (not intentionally, of course!), so I'm pretty sure I already know what it feels like to be married.Helga Scamander in Helga's Boy Book
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Complete seven threads where your character displays each of the Seven Deadly Sins — Pride, Lust, Sloth, Envy, Wrath, Gluttony, and Greed!
>
<

Lonely Plots
Lonely Plots

Have you got a grand idea for a plot but need a role (or roles) filled in before it can really take off? Post below describing the sort of character you need, your intention for them, and, if possible, how many threads you might require!

For example:

Quote:Wanted for Jeremy Rohlwing: a potioneer he can pay to brew an (unsuccessful) Eyesight-Improving Potion for him. MC/LC AB, professional or amateur, does not have to be reputable. Estimated 1-3 threads. Contact MJ by Skype.

You can be as vague or as detailed as you like! Requests for specific characters to be created must instead be posted in plottable characters. This thread is intended only to recruit existing characters into your schemes.

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact @Ursula Black, @Aldous Crouch, @Cassius Lestrange, @Elias Grimstone, @Amelia Evans, @Elladora Black, or @Elsie Beauregard with any questions, issues, or concerns.

WHIRLWIND ROMANCE WANTED

I have a craving for a whirlwind courtship type of thing where a pair of characters go from strangers/acquaintances at best to courting/engaged or something of the like.  I am open when it comes to class, blood status, rep dings and some scandal~. Of course this is assuming they click.

The following would be likely to end up doing something like this and are my offers:
@Hope Crawford, @Kentigern MacFusty, @Lily Huddleston, @Mundungus MacFusty, @Pablo Medina, @Sayid Weber, @Xavier Mondragon
still seeking as of july 11th, 2020

[-] The following 2 users Like Roberto Devine's post:
   Madeleine Backus, Ophelia Devine

magical set by mj!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
STILL LOOKING 11/7/20
Needed for @Gwendolyn Vane-Tempest
Gwen has been married for a few years and she can't get pregnant - and thats a problem for the wife of a Count who has to deliver an heir! So I'm looking for someone for her to have an affair with. The affair can be purely physical and the man will not know that she is trying to get pregnant.

Must haves:
- Appearance: white ideally dark haired but should be able to make most things work.
- UCAB - someone with a reason to be in Gwens social circle

[Image: nsqshLK.png]
MJ is queen
Gwen is referred to as Countess of Adinbury by others, but as Lady Adinbury when you are speaking to her
RAT BABY!
STILL LOOKING 11/7/20
Her First Love - this is an MC/UC AB man, he was born in the second half of 1862 to about 1861 (they could have carried on on Hogsmeade weekends but mutually in school makes the most sense).  Gwen lost her virginity to him while still in school  -she was in love/infatuated with him, how he really felt is open.  What followed was a very well disguised pregnancy and a baby.  It was part of the reason Gwen was pulled from school after her OWLs.  The man does not know that he has a kid.  Gwen got pregnant between the age of 15 and 16. 

The Child - This can be a child of any class s/he should be around 13-ish - Gwens mother saw to it the child was taken in by another family who had been struggling to get pregnant, and passed off as their kid.  An allowance has been paid for the childs upkeep ever since, its time for the kid to go to school and bills are mounting. 

Bonus if they can be mixed with other claims/wanteds -and retcon possible to tie in with other plots if need be

MJ is queen
Gwen is referred to as Countess of Adinbury by others, but as Lady Adinbury when you are speaking to her
RAT BABY!

I really love the soundtrack to Hadestown and have been jonesing for an Orpheus-and-Eurydice-inspired plot. When I say 'inspired,' I mean suuuuper loosely inspired by; I don't plan to use exact character traits or events, more just the #feelings. Details tbd based on the character involved. I created Juliana Binns as an Orpheus and am open to a Eurydice of any gender/age/background/etc.

Eurydice
(Your character here!)
  • In search of stability [financial, mental, emotional, whatever]
  • Not super interested in the idea of love/romance but is eventually swayed by Orpheus' overtures
  • Proclivity to make bad decisions under pressure
  • A Realist.
Some lyrics presented to inspire you:
"All I've ever known is how to hold my own, but now I wanna hold you."
"Oh, my heart, it aches to stay, but the flesh will have its way /
Oh, the way is dark and long, but I’m already gone"
"I've been alone so long, I didn't even know that I was lonely"

about Eurydice: "a runaway from every place she'd ever been"
"when she fell, she fell in spite of herself, in love with Orpheus"

Orpheus
(@Juliana Binns)
  • A romantic
  • Not super practical.
  • Has some sort of passion project that frequently distracts from Real Life
  • A bit out of touch with the world, sometimes.
Still seeking: July 2020
You've Got Mail
STILL LOOKING 11/7/20
A couple find affection and friendship through anonymous letters to one another -whether through lonely hearts, or some other pen pal arrangement (lost letters/dead letter drop in an old book).  They share a great deal of personal information and confide in one another a great deal. 
In the physical world they dislike each other either as a result of a rivalry or of some altercation/offense that arises and is misinterpreted by both, with each blaming the other. 

Find affection? use the info to betray each other? Never meet and always stay the mystery of the letters? Who knows - no specific ending in mind but was watching the movie and thought it would make for an interesting starting point.

Open to using any of my characters for this @Madeleine Backus @Natsuko Mountbatton @Benevolence Montague @Samuel St.John-Black @Rose Hart @Cadawalader Selwyn @Ginevra Blackwood
[-] The following 1 user Likes Benevolence Montague's post:
   Cecily Gallivan

[Image: wl0I79B.jpg]
Lady is a wonder
That boy
STILL LOOKING 11/7/20
@Ginevra Blackwood is confident, rich and pretty.  She has had every advantage in life, and has always been able to respond with a sassy retort to just about every man she has ever met except for him.  He was a few years older than her - in her brothers peer group at school (wealthy MC or UC) and her first crush. 

He could be married, or otherwise unobtainable now (preferred), but it doesn't stop her from becoming a 13 year old again every time they speak.  She doesn't necessarily think of him romantically but he does remind her of the ridiculous puppy crush she had on him when she was younger. 

I want her to have someone that she isn't able to go toe to toe with sass wise.   

[Image: 2SyywhH.jpg]
^  Look what Lady did  ^
Ginny aspires to the ultimate Gibson Girl aesthetic, or whatever the wizardy equivilant would be
The Lost Codicil
STILL LOOKING 11/7/20
A codicil is a supplimentary document to a will that explains, modifies, or revokes a will or part of one.  It is usually a seperate document to the body of a will.  Victorian literature (and law) is full of secret codicils.  Death bed changes and secret codicils were very common.

The Plot
The will has already been executed - it was all straight forward! Everyone had moved on with their lives. 
Until someone found the codicil!

It was very specific - an arranged marriage - and without the marriage there would be no inheritance!  It's a legal mess!

The characters have some options at least - go through with it (including any necessary anulments - one or other side could already be married), they could fight it in court!

------

There is no limit on when the original will was executed.  And no real requirement for first or second sons/daughters

Requirements:
Purebloods - probably most likely, but there would have to be logical reason
Dead parents - or at least a dead father  -someone who could have/would have made arangements behind the backs of the rest of the family. 

Characters I can offer to either side - @Samuel St.John-Black // @Benevolence Montague // @Ginevra Blackwood
Could be induced to make this an adoptable plot if it suited someones needs.

[Image: wl0I79B.jpg]
Lady is a wonder

Hi, have you heard how much I love Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency?

I wanted to find a gif of this scene but couldn't, so you just get the lines that inspired me instead:
Dirk: You're a good friend.
Todd: I'm not a good friend. I'm not a friend. You just... project that friend shit onto me.

I want a friendship with that sort of vibe. Jules (maybe one of my others but Jules seems most likely tbh) just sort of assumes that they're friends - maybe after misreading a social cue, maybe because they just keep running into each other and she just slips into 'slightly too comfortable with you.' Other party (any gender, any class, almost any age) is at first annoyed and then eventually sort of accepts it — and maybe eventually starts to consider Jules a friend as well despite their initial impressions. Or not. We can wing it.

Still seeking: July 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like Juliana Binns's post:
   Madeleine Backus, Melody Crouch
STILL LOOKING 11/7/20
Meserimus needs a hair cut! (because all the photos of him as Gandalf are now super old and the quality is meh) SO!
I'm looking for a student (any grade) to screw up badly in potions class and basically burn off his hair and beard!
Accidental screw up, or was the student messing around? Thats pretty open.

[Image: CgHzljG.png]
Bee is amazing
FOR HELGA SCAMANDER
The perfect man—at least on paper.

Helga has always held these grand ideas about what marriage would be like, and none of them rely on romance. She's always idealized the life of a wealthy socialite, which in part developed from having friends at Hogwarts who were higher than her on the social ladder. I'm hesitant to give her a "happily ever after" because (1) it's boring, and (2) it almost seems like a natural conclusion and that's no fun, so I've been toying with the idea of having her dislike the man she marries but accept it because it's an advantageous match.

The man in question would:
  • Be 26-40.
  • The opposite of her: introverted, maybe bookish, not too interested in parties, too serious or gloomy. Or maybe he's too snobby or snooty or lacks social grace. Maybe he's too much like her and she finds it annoying. Anything works as long as it would make her not like him.
  • UCPB/UCHB.
  • Want to marry her, because she has little to offer in terms of dowry/connections compared to UC girls. Maybe he's getting a little older and feeling the pressure to marry. Maybe he thinks she'd be a good host. Maybe he thinks his parents would like her, or maybe he's gay. She wouldn't care as long as he the means to catapult her into a life of ~luxury~.

I'd be happy to a 1 thread to start to see if it's an option! If she likes him than obviously it wouldn't work for the plot, but I'm not going to toss aside potential organic hurls if there's chemistry!

Alternatively, I'm up for a simple OOC arranged match. They don't have to fit the personality requirements, but they'd have to be a good match on-paper for the social-climbing Helga to consider them an option! :)

still looking as of July 2020!

#Hustling: Debutante Style
set by MJ! <3
STILL LOOKING 11/7/20
Gwen is being bitten by one of the rats, and given her frosty marriage, and issues having kids, she will be dragging someone into an alley for a quick bop - either someone quite happy to be dragged away for boning with rich ladies who are taking charge or who has been similarly affected and is acting 'instinctually'

She will be getting pregnant and there will be some anxiety over how the baby will be coming out! - regular baby, regular babys rats, some kind of horrible rat baby!

Extent of the dads involvement or knowledge of whats going on is very open

No reputation  or blood status requirements - the worse of an idea it is the better!

MJ is queen
RAT BABY!
FOR ROSALIND PENDERGAST
A poor child, or a poor person with children or younger siblings, to serve as a springboard for Rosalind's philanthrophic pursuits in Britain. Only one thread required, though we could do more if needed. Hogsmeade or London preferred, but I could make it work in Irvingly if necessary!

Hit me up on skype to discuss ;)

still looking as of July 2020!

Beauties by MJ <3
STILL LOOKING 11/7/20

Yuri needs someone to teach him to read! Kid goes to Hogwarts in September and other than knowing the alphabet (sort of) he is gonna struggle if he goes right now! So either a kid his age, or maybe a kindle/very patient adult to take an interest in giving him some letters.

[Image: 4umj-W0-A-1.png]
Look what MJ did!
Your character with strong, unapologetic views on halfbloods insults @Jack Cardew's family (half vampire blood).

This will/may result in a duel - 10 commandements of dueling and all that! outcome can be pre-plotted between us or left up to FATE!
Based on this cbox convo (bottom up):
Quote:River!: Combine that with the custom wands from yesterday and it gets even better, i think

Bree: omg

River!: That's incredible

Finn: omg haha

Fawkes: "I knew i should have saved it for your sister"

Lynn: "this wand has been in our family 4 generations and then YOU came along"

Fawkes: mom is just like "WHAT did you DO??'

Fawkes: LOL i love that

Lynn: like it dies and everyone knows you forked up but no one knows exactly how

Lynn: or your wand outing you

Finn: Imagine doing something that your entire family is ashamed of you for, and then your wand follow suit.

Fawkes: right??

Finn: That's amazing.

Finn: Wands can "die of shame"

Finn: omg

Fawkes: ok new idea - someone spends years trying to hide the fact that their ancetral family heirloom wand has wilted in their possession

Fawkes: welp

Olive on Suicune: https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Wilting

Fawkes: it should be! like people change alot from 11 to adulthood

Olive on Suicune: in canon

Olive on Suicune: I swear that's a thing

Lynn: I love that

Fawkes: aka - can a wand unchoose a wizard? XD

Fawkes: oooh character/plot idea - someone struggling with magic becasue their personality has shifted to be contrary to their wand's nature

If anyone wants to try and secretly have their dead/ wilted wand repaired and have the wandmaker get pulled into the middle of some family drama I'm super here for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gideon Ollivander's post:
   Caroline Delaney

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adoptable Plots Charming 30 13,186 Yesterday – 11:00 PM
Last Post: Greta Gillenwater
  Lonely Threads Charming 36 61,875 November 27, 2020 – 5:10 PM
Last Post: Marie-Louise Skovgaard
  Fall/Winter Hogwarts Plots Edna Shacklebolt 4 288 October 29, 2020 – 9:20 PM
Last Post: Edna Shacklebolt
  Lonely Hearts Ghost Writer Ophelia Devine 4 861 February 6, 2020 – 2:44 AM
Last Post: Holly Scrimgeour