Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1892. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
During the Victorian era, knitting became a staple of a well-bred woman. Queen Victoria is even reported to have been a fan of knitting herself. It was during this time that knitting wasn’t just restricted to plain yarn fabrics, but changed to involve bead and lace knitting. — Fallin
Yuri didn't know what being a steamed patron was but it sounded like it might be painful.
Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

*N/A*
Lonely Plots
Lonely Plots

Have you got a grand idea for a plot but need a role (or roles) filled in before it can really take off? Post below describing the sort of character you need, your intention for them, and, if possible, how many threads you might require! 

For example:

Quote:Wanted for Jeremy Rohlwing: a potioneer he can pay to brew an (unsuccessful) Eyesight-Improving Potion for him. MC/LC AB, professional or amateur, does not have to be reputable. Estimated 1-3 threads. Contact MJ by Skype.

You can be as vague or as detailed as you like!  Requests for specific characters to be created must instead be posted in plottable characters. This thread is intended only to recruit existing characters into your schemes.

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact @Ursula Black, @Aldous Crouch, @Cassius Lestrange, @Elias Grimstone, @Tilda MacFusty, @Marlena Scamander, or @Elsie Kirke with any questions, issues, or concerns.

Before the summer of 1889, one of Florence's paramour's leased a home in Bartonburg for her so that she could be in easier reach to him as she was living in London at the time. Thus, this man is located in Hogsmeade and is either on the wealthy side of middle class or is upper class. Everything else about him is pretty open, he can even be married. He's obviously pretty smitten with Florence and she has been enjoying her cushy home. He probably has no idea she's a con artist but might possibly be aware he isn't the only man vying for her interest and affections.
still seeking as of december 31st, 2021

NUMEROUS ITEMS FOR FRIENDLESS NIGHT:
    - Someone to teach him how to read and write
    - Some regular clients would also be cool but mostly I want the first thing. XD He prefers men but he does both because #money.
still seeking as of December 31sr, 2021

endy's gender is hard to discern from voice and appearance alone

set by mj!
THE CHILDHOOD BEST FRIEND

Five years ago, Hector Cartwright disappeared without a trace—no message to family or to his longstanding best friend. Lavinia has set up shop in Hogsmeade now, and is due for a run-in. What could a vague sense of recognition when meeting an unknown woman lead to? That's what we're here to find out!
  • MC or UC male from a magical family
  • Ravenclaw if meeting in school, open house if neighbours growing up
  • From London if childhood neighbours
  • Started Hogwarts in '72 (can do a couple years earlier or a year later for the right, currently played character)
  • OPEN natal family & marital status
  • OPEN occupation
  • Not generally an asshole, at least not in his youth

Still seeking December 2021~

[Image: 23zugat.png]
mj is a legend ♡ —
WHIRLWIND ROMANCE WANTED

I have a craving for a whirlwind courtship type of thing where a pair of characters go from strangers/acquaintances at best to courting/engaged or something of the like pretty swiftly, even for VE standards.  I am open when it comes to class, blood status, rep dings and some scandal~. Of course this is assuming they click.

I am adding to my previous ad because I very much want Munny to end up marrying stupidly young. But to facilitate my plot dreams, he needs the girl. 16-21 in age, acab. He tends to like feisty redheads with adventure in their souls and would not click very much with quiet, demure types. But of course hair color is of little importance, just thought I'd say. xD
still seeking as of december 31st, 1891

A more well off (mc/uc) male friend that likes to test George's innate inability to say no to things by dragging him places, I.e brothels, random portkey trips, parties, etc.

Ideal character would have been friends with George since their Hogwarts days as George would feel even more unable to decline requests.
still seeking as of December 31st, 1891

Seeking a male character, acab, 18+ for a deeply romantic affair with Tycho. Would be a new thing so would take a few threads to develop and see if theres chemistry.

The reason for this being that I have a myriad of Seer plot ideas centered around the fact he has a strong emotional connection with this guy. I am not saying them all now but one includes "I foresaw your death so yes, let's avoid that pls, no going near dogs" and he keeps foreseeing it so they keep managing to avoid death.

Update: I would also be game for this to be unrequited from the other parties end. In this instance, I would want Tycho to be close enough friends that an emotional bond of some kind is mutual. They would likely get anonymous secret admirer letters & love poems but he would make zero effort to hide his handwriting so that would be a thing if your character is the sort to recognize handwriting.

However, I will be transparent and say that I would really prefer a mutual scenario because Tycho in a romantic affair would be a lot more fun for me to write because I have ~ideas as to how he would be. Think of how dramatic he is in day to day life and imagine that with romance. He's also one of my go-to muses these days so I can almost guarantee immediate posts and rapid-dates. It'd be a fun time all round so yes, pls love him. XD
still seeking as of december 31st, 1891
The following 1 user Likes Tycho Dodonus's post:
   Fortitude Greengrass

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
(still seeking, Jan 2022) in Henri's history:
By the beginning of her fourth year, Henrietta's confidence is at an all-time high and she is finally beginning to smile at people other than Helga. She makes a few friends, one of whom (a dormmate) intends to stay at Hogwarts during the winter break. Henrietta determines to stay as well, which means she is not at home when her eldest brother disappears. She learns about it only shortly before the papers do, and is wracked with guilt over not being at home during such a tumultuous time — though it's probably for the best, anyway. Her presence certainly wouldn't have helped matters. In absolutely-positively-definitely-unrelated news, her dorm room catches fire and her friend is rather severely burned. The girl spends two weeks recuperating in the hospital wing. She and Henrietta do not often speak after that.

Can you be this girl? Requires a burning (which you can have totally healed from or have lingering scars from, up to you) in January 1886. Must be Hufflepuff and female-presenting. Ideally in Henri's year (born fall 1870 - spring/summer 1871) but for a played character I could flex up or down one year if we claim they were sleeping slumber-party style during break.

I'm open to: incorporating this into new characters if it works for you; retconning this into existing characters; making this canon for an NPC family member/friend/etc of a played character. There's fun potential here now that her mom has died so please come love me <3

Rune made this! <3
From Cleon's app:
Quote:While technically still living in the Broadmoor family home, he regularly spends days or even weeks staying in the residences of various friends.
I would love it if a few more of those friends were actually played for some fun sleepover threads. Some could also double up as being a bed buddy (Cleon's gay), if you're so inclined but that obviously isn't a requirement. Just needs to be pals that would let him crash at their pad.  Most likely in the MC-UC range though he'd be friends with any class. I just doubt WC folks would have the capacity for him but I won't rule it out completely so pseudo-open to WC crash pads too. xD

Emma is a bit of an imaginative, whimsical little girl - but she's getting a bit old for it and could use a girl either of her age, or a year above who decides to help her behave a bit more like a 'normal' girl.

She needs a Cher to her Tai alla Clueless - or Emma as it might otherwise be known! :D

[Image: 7yVdV3m.png]
She's as cute as MJ is talented!
Is your character....
  1. A MCAB woman between the ages of 19-25?
  2. Unmarried (but not necessarily emotionally unattached)?
  3. Someone who would be friends or friendly acquaintances with Dionisa?

I need 1-3 characters for a series of threads where Dio plays matchmaker for someone who does NOT want to get married.

This is honestly probably more of a plottable but whatever.  It would probably just be one line so I'm doing it here. Fawkes may or may not have put the idea into my head via a comment in the cbox but now I want it.

A constable that works for the Hogsmeade Constabulary that Endy ends up hooking up with. To save you a perusal, the occupation recs for that are: Working Class, 21 or older, Male, Good reputation, and has his O.W.L.s
The following 2 users Like Friendless Night's post:
   Emerentius Morgan, Jack Dorset

endy's gender is hard to discern from voice and appearance alone

set by mj!
Frida has a problem: she wants to be courting or engaged before her younger sister debuts in May of 1892, but she hasn't managed to catch any gentleman's eye. She has little confidence and lacks the calculating mind required to ensnare a man's attention with any sort of tact.

Your character has a problem. Maybe they want their family to stop shoving women in their direction, or maybe they want access to a higher society that they think is only reachable through becoming involved with a woman of that class. Maybe they're trying to make another woman jealous and think that pursuing Frida will catch their attention. Whatever that problem problem is, they decide Frida is an acceptable route.

The solution:
    OPTION #1: The arrangement is mutual. In exchange for helping your character, Frida requests that he introduce her to his single friends and portray her as the Ideal Wife Figure.

OPTION #2: Your character manipulates her, leading her to believe that he's genuinely interested in her when in reality he is using her. Does he fall for her in the end? End up feeling guilty and break things off? Have his ~scheme go so well that he thinks it's better to continue the charade by actually marrying her? There are endless possibilities for drama ;)

The only real requirement is that he be pureblooded. Either UC or MC, but I can't imagine a HB getting the stamp of approval. He doesn't even have to be of a properly "hurlable" age as long as it makes sense :P

set by mj  —
Scientist Type Sought. Must be an adult but background is open otherwise. Does not need to be a formal scientist as their job if they have an avid interest in something academic. Preferably a "let's go discover the world around us" type of scientist rather than a "let's experiment and push the bounds of what exists" type. Preferably not a magizoologist. Commitment: a handful of threads, pacing not urgent, maybe some further plot development depending on how things go!

MJ made the most Alfredy of sets<3
Seeking a professional quidditch player to be injured during practice to set off a mini-plot. The injury doesn't have to be career-ending, but it can be if you'd like!

set by MJ <3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Irene Crawley
January 21, 2022 – 8:11 PM
Last Post by Madge Bobbin
January 15, 2022 – 3:22 AM
Last Post by Billie Farrow
January 10, 2022 – 11:34 PM
Last Post by Roberto Devine
September 27, 2021 – 8:17 PM
View a Printable Version