Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1892. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
“Got the morbs” was Victorian slang for a temporary melancholia — Dante
In a panic sort of reaction, she shut the door but neglected to make sure she was on the other side of it.
the thrill of the chase moves in mysterious ways

*N/A*
Lonely Plots
Lonely Plots

Have you got a grand idea for a plot but need a role (or roles) filled in before it can really take off? Post below describing the sort of character you need, your intention for them, and, if possible, how many threads you might require! 

For example:

Quote:Wanted for Jeremy Rohlwing: a potioneer he can pay to brew an (unsuccessful) Eyesight-Improving Potion for him. MC/LC AB, professional or amateur, does not have to be reputable. Estimated 1-3 threads. Contact MJ by Skype.

You can be as vague or as detailed as you like!  Requests for specific characters to be created must instead be posted in plottable characters. This thread is intended only to recruit existing characters into your schemes.

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact @Ursula Black, @Aldous Crouch, @Cassius Lestrange, @Elias Grimstone, @Tilda MacFusty, @Marlena Scamander, or @Elsie Kirke with any questions, issues, or concerns.

Before the summer of 1889, one of Florence's paramour's leased a home in Bartonburg for her so that she could be in easier reach to him as she was living in London at the time. Thus, this man is located in Hogsmeade and is either on the wealthy side of middle class or is upper class. Everything else about him is pretty open, he can even be married. He's obviously pretty smitten with Florence and she has been enjoying her cushy home. He probably has no idea she's a con artist but might possibly be aware he isn't the only man vying for her interest and affections.
still seeking as of June 25, 2022

THE CHILDHOOD BEST FRIEND

Five years ago, Hector Cartwright disappeared without a trace—no message to family or to his longstanding best friend. Lavinia has set up shop in Hogsmeade now, and is due for a run-in. What could a vague sense of recognition when meeting an unknown woman lead to? That's what we're here to find out!
  • MC or UC male from a magical family
  • Ravenclaw if meeting in school, open house if neighbours growing up
  • From London if childhood neighbours
  • Started Hogwarts in '72 (can do a couple years earlier or a year later for the right, currently played character)
  • OPEN natal family & marital status
  • OPEN occupation
  • Not generally an asshole, at least not in his youth

Still seeking June 2022~

[Image: 23zugat.png]
mj is a legend ♡ —
A more well off (mc/uc) male friend that likes to test George's innate inability to say no to things by dragging him places, I.e brothels, random portkey trips, parties, etc.

Ideal character would have been friends with George since their Hogwarts days as George would feel even more unable to decline requests.

From Cleon's app:
Quote:While technically still living in the Broadmoor family home, he regularly spends days or even weeks staying in the residences of various friends.
I would love it if a few more of those friends were actually played for some fun sleepover threads. Some could also double up as being a bed buddy (Cleon's gay), if you're so inclined but that obviously isn't a requirement. Just needs to be pals that would let him crash at their pad.  Most likely in the MC-UC range though he'd be friends with any class. I just doubt WC folks would have the capacity for him but I won't rule it out completely so pseudo-open to WC crash pads too. xD

Numerous Endy Things
1. This is honestly probably more of a plottable but whatever.  It would probably just be one line so I'm doing it here. Fawkes may or may not have put the idea into my head via a comment in the cbox but now I want it.

A constable that works for the Hogsmeade Constabulary that Endy ends up hooking up with. To save you a perusal, the occupation recs for that are: Working Class, 21 or older, Male, Good reputation, and has his O.W.L.s[

2. Someone to teach him how to read and write. Could be combined with the above or the below. Or both somehow? I'm open.

3. Some regular clients. He prefers men but he does any gender because #money.

The following 3 users Like Friendless Night's post:
   Elsie Kirke, Emerentius Morgan, Jack Dorset

endy's gender is hard to discern from voice and appearance alone

set by mj!
Alexander's grandmama Jena Echelon-Arnost is looking to get him hitched. Thusly, she is introducing him to a variety of young women and even inviting some to dinner if she knows their mothers/female guardians well enough. Which is quite a bit considering her continuing reputation as a socialite to aspire to despite all the scandal and drama (which is years old by now).

Potential young women would be debuted, 17-26, upper class and ideally a pureblood. Any blood would be fine too, though.

Looking for threads with said young women who might be aware that they are meant to be charming him. Alexander is personally not aware that he is supposed to be getting charmed by them and just assumes his grandmother has a whole lot of friends.

Murder investigation/reopened cold case! Ned has a disaster brother who he hasn’t seen since 1884. Ned needs to deal with his feels about it, but he won’t if he’s not forced to. (Also, Ned generally just needs something to do.) My solution: the brother has been up to no good, and now it all comes back to haunt Ned. What I’m looking for:

1. A murder victim
    Basically, any character or NPC who has died after 1856. Has you character lost a loved one under suspicious circumstances? 99% chance it was (or at least could’ve been) Ned’s brother's doing. Let’s talk!

2. An investigator type
    Is your character looking to solve the murder/disappearance of their loved one? Or are they an auror/investigator/detective/journalist type out for justice/eager to prove themselves? Basically, is your character someone who would badger Ned about the case? Let’s talk!

BONUS:

3. Accomplice(s) and witness(es)
    Could your character have been somehow involved? Or do they have information~? Let’s talk!

4. (The brother — Might be nice for maximum drama, but not really necessary >D)

My ideas are clearly still super vague, so if you have any better ones of your own please throw them at me! The crime itself wouldn’t even have to have been a murder, just something shocking~, please. And it’s not at all a requirement that the brother actually did it — just as long he makes for a credible suspect. Send me a PM/message me in Discord and we'll plot <3

Still seeking as of 27 June 2022!
Here are a handful of half-baked plot ideas that intrigue me. If these also intrigue you, let's chat.

— two people fall madly in love... while being married to other people. Unlike normal affair hurling stuff though, they lean into it rather than hiding and the fallout is ridiculous.

— a group of people getting into "wizarding occult" stuff and trying to manifest the ghost of Merlin or something crazy like that. Consequences: TBD. Could be light and silly or we could open a portal to hell.

— well-off character getting involved in petty crime just for kicks and their exasperated friend trying to prevent them from being arrested
The following 1 user Likes Reuben Crouch's post:
   Aldous Crouch

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Fortitude Greengrass
May 30, 2022 – 4:58 AM
Last Post by Billie Farrow
January 10, 2022 – 11:34 PM
Last Post by Roberto Devine
September 27, 2021 – 8:17 PM
View a Printable Version