Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1892. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
“Got the morbs” was Victorian slang for a temporary melancholia — Dante
In a panic sort of reaction, she shut the door but neglected to make sure she was on the other side of it.
the thrill of the chase moves in mysterious ways

Plottable Characters
Adopt & Plot!

Members are encouraged to post any adoptable characters needed for specific plots here. Remember to state why the character is needed, such as “Stuart is a potential love interest for Lorraine”, or even “TOP SECRET FAMILY SHENANIGANS TO COME GET READY YO”—“I want my mother because she’s my mother” is better suited for our Adoptable Characters listing instead :)

These ads will be cleaned out infrequently throughout the year, but players will be given notice to ensure all posts are up-to-date and posted with active accounts.

CAN YOUR NEEDS BE MET BY AN EXISTING CHARACTER?
Try Lonely Plots instead!

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact @Ursula Black, @Aldous Crouch, @Cassius Lestrange, @Elias Grimstone, @Tilda MacFusty, @Marlena Scamander, or @Elsie Kirke with any questions, issues, or concerns.

Kayte's Plottables

Hello friends! Before we get started, I do have a few policies regarding my adoptables:
  • Please reserve your character with me before apping!
  • Obviously, I'd prefer activity from anyone to take these on XD If, after six months, I don't think you're doing much with them (I have very lax standards, don't worry!), I reserve the right to ask you to give them up so someone more active may take them on.
  • I'll give you two weeks after loosing a character in an AC before I put them back up for grabs! If you drop them via Maintenance, they become immediately available again. If you just want to temp drop them, talk to me first! :)
  • Anyone picking up one of my ads must include the family and personality sections. I provide the family in all my applications so just mentioning the names is quite fine by me. Personality can be as minimal as three basic traits, just so I know for sure that our ideas of the character mesh.
If you have any questions about any of the characters below, fire off a PM to @Aldous Crouch, catch me on skype, or stalk me in the cbox ;)

Last updated June 13th, 2022

Contents

Wanteds for...
BAZ | DASH | DICK | DIVONA | EUPHEMIA | FELICITY | LOUISA | MADELINE
Below, you’ll find requests that I need for a specific thing for a specific character. Go figure. They are different from my other wanteds in that they are not blood relations and there is some sort of arc in sight. So that’s exciting.

~
For Baz
Magical London is big, but it's also small—small enough that @Baz O’Rourke has run afoul of one of the key players of the city's underworld. Though he's holed up in Hogsmeade for the time being, he does still have friends in low places!

All of these are just jumping off points for figures I would like to exist for Baz Purposes. They can definitely be modified to varying extents to suit!

Also if you want to 'sign up' for either crew, absolutely let me know~

SHIV
[Image: 2L7LZyz.png]
B. 1840-1860 | WCAB | ??? | GANG BOSS
Siobhan "Shiv" built her gang from the ground up. She took a liking to a young Baz (who can blame her?) and tossed some business his way, but not too much—she didn't get where she is today by making stupid choices. She looks after her own and makes measured decisions. PB is wide open; pictured is Rosario Dawson

DAGGER
[Image: BFc1amJ.jpeg]
B. 1830-1850 | WCAB | ??? | GANG BOSS
"Who in the hell looks at their baby and goes, 'Aw, my sweet little Dagger'?!" — Baz, definitely.

"Old Dag" got his gang the old fashioned way—worked his way up and drove out the old boss. Though recent years have seen him attempt to rebrand as a businessman, he has decades of doing his own dirty work under his belt, and is not afraid to break out the fists, knuckles, or eponymous dagger when the need arises to make a point. Though not as calculating as Shiv (whose gang is a rival to his own), he is every bit as ambitious. Lord help you if you try to take what's his. PB is wide open; pictured is Ray Winstone

TOBE
[Image: e9MWt72.jpeg]
B. c. 1870 | WCAB | NO HOGWARTS | CRIMINAL
Tobias "Tobe" is the closest thing Baz has to a bff. One of Shiv's crew, he and Baz bonded over their enjoyment of risk—though while Baz is excellent at talking them into trouble, Tobe is better at talking them out of it. Solidly built, he is also fabulous in a fight. He took a shine to Anastasia, and enlisted Baz to deliver his terrible love poems to her. It did not go according to plan. PB is wide open but pictured is Archie Renaux.

ANASTASIA
[Image: 5LZ217l.jpeg]
B. c. 1872 | WCAB | NO HOGWARTS | HARLOT
Anastasia was probably not her given name, but it is part of her persona: the daughter of a Russian count (she speaks English with an awful Russian accent and speaks no Russian at all), cast from the family because he was jealous of her magic (this part is, at least, plausible). She is one of the girls in Dag's bawdyhouse, and one of Baz's sins: he isn't sure whether Old Dag thinks he was trying to poach her or get a free tumble, but in truth, he was just trying to play cupid! PB is wide open but pictured is Daisy Head.

BENNY THE BUTCHER
[Image: Caqmwwk.jpeg]
B. 1835-1850 | WCAB | ??? | BUTCHER
The criminal father Baz never had, Benjamin "Benny the Butcher" does, indeed, have a butcher shop. He is also Shiv's right-hand man, particularly when there is a need for a pound of flesh and/or disposing of certain evidence. He taught Baz everything the kid knows about weilding a knife. I picture him as a Falstaff-esque character, but more useful and with more blood. PB is wide open; pictured is Dwayne Johnson
~
For Dash
Langston Dashwood's father has given him an ultimatum: if he is not suitably married by his father's (imminent?) passing, he shall see himself entirely disinherited. This is a problem for Dash, who is accustomed to comfort, and also for his mistress and the mother of his children, Francesca.

FRANCESCA BROMLEAG
[Image: TuD9WLL.jpeg]
B. c. 1863 | MCAB | NOT HUFFLEPUFF | MISTRESS
Born to a farming family, hard work was instilled in Francesca from an early age—and how she loathed it. She always wanted more from life, and quite decidedly had the personality for it, joining the realm of theatre after leaving Hogwarts (without OWLs). Dash is not the first man to whom she served as mistress, but she is resolved he will be her last, and is deeply fond of him and a good, if pragmatic, mother to their children. She lives comfortably with the trappings of middle class, but knows that it is Dash who keeps her there—if his father has his way, it is very possible she will tumble back down to her roots with nothing. Reputation is 4? 3? Pictured PB is Jessica Brown Findlay, but this is very open, as is her name!

Immediate Ties: @Langston Dashwood @Patience Bromleag
Bonus Ties: @Ozymandias Dempsey @Thomasina Dempsey
~
For Richard
The Evermores: brought to you by someone who watched the Featherington drama in this season of Bridgerton and thought, "I am intrigued" xD

Essentially, @Richard Evermore has inherited following the death of a distant cousin, and has returned to Britain to manage the estate...and the relations that came with it.

First names are flexible!

"LAMENTIA" EVERMORE
[Image: T7KiG5F.jpeg]
B. c. 1849 | UCAB | SLYTHERPUFF | SOCIALITE
The matriarch of the family, "Lamentia" is not at all pleased that her fate is now in the hands of a stranger, but is choosing "kill with kindness" over simply kill, at least for now (with mixed results). Her primary objective is to ensure she and her girls are looked after, but what route she chooses to get there is open to the player in question! PB is hella open, but pictured is Carla Gugino.

Immediate Ties: @Richard Evermore

"CORDELIA" EVERMORE
[Image: K5Gt3Gq.jpeg]
B. c. 1869 | UCHB | OPEN HOUSE | AGING DEBUTANTE
"Cordelia"'s dowry crept just a little bit higher with each unsuccessful season, though all efforts at finding a match were put on hold to mourn her father. Why she has failed to find prolonged masculine attention is anyone's guess, but it certainly cannot be easy to have her mother's attentions so focused on her and her failures. PB is hella open, but pictured is Bessie Carter.

Double Duty: (Set)Upper Echelon

"PORTIA" EVERMORE
[Image: 53O4lhr.jpeg]
B. c. 1871 | UCHB | OPEN HOUSE | DEBUTANTE & REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE
The middle daughter in the Evermore brood, Portia likes to think herself an intellectual, even a rebel...she just isn't sure what she's rebelling against yet. Or rather, she knows she's rebelling against the status quo, but hasn't found a cause to align with and so reads more as "abrupt" than "fiercely independent", socially speaking. PB is hella open, but pictured is Claudia Jessie.

Double Duty: Henri's Victim, (Set)Upper Echelon,

"HORATIA" EVERMORE
[Image: 5IlthzU.jpeg]
B. late 1874 | UCHB | OPEN HOUSE | SEVENTH YEAR ('92)
The youngest daughter in the family, "Horitia" is pretty, sociable, clever, and all around destined to be a success on the marriage mart. Hopefully the family finances will allow for it when the time comes... PB is hella open, but pictured is Iris Apatow.

Potential Ties: @Idunn Fraser @Venusia Crickerly; other Hogwarts staff & students
Double Duty: Cher,
~
For Divona
Technically, the triplets are Canon Listed, but this is my existing headcanon. Also The Man.

DAMARA DODDERIDGE
[Image: cATh44K.jpeg]
B. March 20th, 1868 | WCHB | GRYFFINDOR | FUNERAL COORDINATOR & FLOWER ENTHUSIAST
The eldest of the trio, a fact she often points out—even though she was the last to accomplish most other milestones. She fancies herself the beauty of the family. Damara has always had a way with people, and is the Miss Dodderidge that the bereaved most interact with for this reason. She is a gentler hand than either of her sisters—unless she's with her sisters. She keeps a small greenhouse in the alleyway behind the business, where she spends much of her free time. Beauty is its own sort of currency, after all—and she has always loved beautiful things. Play-by is Stephanie Hsu because I got there first and they're identical ;)

Immediate Ties: @Divona Dodderidge
Potential Ties: Anyone in the plant business, Hogsmeade residents with recently dead family members.

DAMONA DODDERIDGE
[Image: ejcl55z.jpeg]
B. March 20th, 1868 | WCHB | GRYFFINDOR | KEEPER OF MEMORIES
Damona fancies herself the leader of the family, always bossing about her sisters—and often others, too. While at Hogwarts, Damona became fascinated by the idea of storing—and experiencing later—memories, and it was her idea to add penseive services, including facilitation and storage, to the sisters' business. Of the three sisters, she is the most serious, but to be fair, that bar is not overly high. Allergic to walnuts. Play-by is Stephanie Hsu because I got there first and they're identical ;)

Potential Ties: Hogsmeade residents with recently dead family members.

"BEAU"
[Image: DUp8IkP.png]
B. ~1860 | WCAB* | OPEN HOUSE | OPEN PROFESSION
"Beau" (yay for apt placeholder names!) did not attend Hogwarts with the triplets to maximize reasonable ignorance of their triplet status. Birth year is set up for this but is flexible (dropping out, older, international) as long as that's kept in mind! A sweet man, Divona was immediately quickly taken with him—though not the first of the triplets to find herself besotted here. His profession and how he came to be acquainted with the sisters is quite open! Pictured is Alfred Enoch but PB and ethnicity are open!

*May be filled by an existing character, or done as double-duty, in which case will consider MC!

Double Duty: Jacob Davis, Leonard, Marlowe Forfang, Criminal Knowledge?, For Science!

~
For Euphemia
Same-Sex Lovers & Secret Babies: What more could you possibly want?

AUGUSTA MANNERS
[Image: Du36g00.jpeg]
B. "August 1st", 1876 | "UCHB" | OPEN HOUSE | SIXTH YEAR ('92)
On paper, a twin to her 'brother' Julius. On paper, and known only to her parents and 'aunt', Euphemia's bastard. Naturally I plan to milk this for everything it's worth. From a "proper" family, and expected to behave as such; whether she wants to is up to her player. Pictured PB is Taissa Farmiga.

Immediate Ties: @Euphemia Forsyte
Double Duty: Prefect Season
Potential Ties: @Sloane Bixby @Madeline Bell @Alcyone Slughorn @Alice Dawson @Sisse Thompsett @Naima Mokani @Calla Potts, @Iphigenia Adebayo, @Holly Scrimgeour, other Hogwarts staff & students

"WINTERBOTTOM"
[Image: HApyQ0m.jpeg]
B. c. 1840-1857 | MCAB/WCAB | ILVERMORNY | SECRETARY
It is common knowledge that "Winterbottom" is Euphemia's secretary, accompanying her most places—she'll even attend lessons at Hogwarts to make Observations™. It is not at all knoweldge that the American is Euphemia's long-term lover. Intelligent, discreet, observant, loyal, and probably the only person in the world who gets the softer Euphemia. PB is hella open, but pictured is Sandrah Oh.

Bonus Ties: Hogwarts faculty & students
Double Duty: A game of telephone

EUSTACIA MANNERS
[Image: CL6qDXl.jpeg]
B. 1851 | UCPB | HUFFLEDOR | WIFE/SOCIALITE
Eustacia has always been a lighter personality, and was immensely successful as a debutante, eventually able to marry into the upper class. While her husband made an Unbreakable Vow to keep Augusta's parentage a secret, Eustacia did no such thing—it is simply her nature to take such a secret to the grave. Pictured PB is Catarina Scorsone.

Double Duty: A game of telephone, "Sophia"

"WILLOUGHBY"
[Image: 1C7pbI6.jpeg]
B. c. 1834-1845 | MCAB/UCAB | OPEN HOUSE | OPEN OCCUPATION
Did he ever love Euphemia, or did he merely want her as another notch on his bedpost? That's up to you, but at the time, Euphemia was quite in love with "Willoughby"...who seemingly threw her over for a bigger fish and ignored any missives that she was with child—for reasons up to you! PB is hella open, but pictured is Dominic West; should be white to make the Augusta ruse believable.

May be filled by an existing character! Double-duty encouraged.

Double Duty: Marlowe Forfang, Montague or Capulet,A Cold Case, #Lover, buisness partner, Paramour, A game of telephone
~
For Felicity
Kayte, can I use an existing character for this? Abso-tutely! This is a nice, open want ad, the only three true requirements being MC, healer and/or physician, male and at least 25 y/o. Existing characters should be threadded for compatibility, though!

FIX YOU UP
[Image: HKKvkFV.jpeg]
B. 1835-1865 | MCAB | OPEN HOUSE | HEALER OR PHYSCIAN
It's been over five years since Felicity was widowed in a tragic carriage accident but she is too young to be alone forever! Enter: you. Someone in a healing profession, but also middle class becuase if Fee marries again I want her to be MC >.> You can have your dark secrets and whatnot, but generally should be someone that won't completely fuck her over (partially can be entertained ;P). PB is hella open, but pictured is Jessie Williams because I stan japril #Greys
R E S E R V E D for E M M A

Immediate Ties: @Felicity Riley
Potential Ties: @Alistair Darrow @Gideon Browne @Titania Allaway @Clifford Goyle @Ari Fisk @Tabitha Chevalier @Garrett Cavey @Dionisia Fisk @Sebastian Beauregard @Rosamund Bones @Richard Gladstone @Valerian Macnair @Anthony Delaney @Xandra Radlett @Marie-Louise Skovgaard @Temperance Fairchild
Potential Future Connections: @Grace Riley @Harriet Prewett @Faustus Prewett @Fitzroy Prewett @Camilla Prewett @Felix Prewett @Freddie Prewett @Hermione Longbottom
Double Duty: Ramsay Darrow, Errington Warbeck, Henry Mills, The Childhood Best Friend, Addison's Biological Father, Fee's first crush in her profile

~
For Louisa
ICHABOD CRABBE
[Image: 82lUWaa.jpeg]
B. LATE 1880 | UCPB | TBD | INCOMING FIRST YEAR ('92)
Ichabod and Rex are double cousins—first cousins through their fathers (Rex's was the elder by minutes), and second cousins through their mothers (#Protterbottoms). But it is Louisa who I am here for today: she needs an antagonist, though he's not explicitly an ass. Ichabod and Lou know eachother either only in passing or not at all. Regardless, they'll know of one another when they get to Hogwarts, and Ichabod finds it super weird that she's only middle class when the rest of the family is decidedly in the upper echelons of society. He will point this out; she will get uncomfortable and defensive, the nickname 'Icky' might be born, and it will all be downhill from there >D Enmity not from people being dicks, but from kids being kids!

For himself: Ichabod was born to Jonathan (b. 1850) and Frances (nee Prewett, b. 1856) Crabbe, their only child due to ~fertility & miscarriage woes. He has been, as a result, doted upon and rather coddled for his entire childhood, and is privately very nervous to leave home and go to Hogwarts away from his mama. Sure, he has cousins there, but it's not the same thing, especially since they're Older and Popular and Athletic and Brilliant and he couldn't possibly measure up and—

PB is open; pictured is Jackson Robert Scott with alternatives to be white and fair- or red-haired.

R E S E R V E D for B R E E

Immediate Ties: @Louisa Weasley @Abraxas Crabbe
Bonus Ties: @Edelweiss Prewett @Iris Prewett @Grace Riley @Harriet Prewett @Faustus Prewett @Felix Prewett @Fitzroy Prewett @Camilla Prewett @Freddie Prewett @Felicity Riley
Potential Ties: @Flora Mulciber @Hermione Longbottom; the extended Protterbottom clan; other incoming first years
~
For Madeline
ENEMIES TO...TBD? Maddy and Errol do not get along. I want to explore this.

"ERROL"
[Image: 605aHSW.jpeg]
B. 1873-1875 | WCAB | NOT GRYFFINDOR | SEE INSIDE
Much of Errol's personality and background is quite open. Only the following are required to meet my particular needs:
  • Works at Quality Quidditch Supplies. This could be either a summer gig if you'd like him to be at Hogwarts, or his current profession if a dropout or never-went.
  • A mutual dislike with Maddy. Maybe he finds her obnoxious (and shows it), doesn't believe women should play quidditch, or is even just vehemently opposed to the Wimbourne Wasps. Any of the above would make it mutual xD
  • At least a smidge full of himself
PB is hella open, but pictured is Gaten Matarazzo.

Immediate Ties: @Madeline Bell
Potential Ties: Quidditch & flying enthusiasts; age-appropriate students
Double Duty: Quidditch Sponsorship

set by mj
MJ's Plottables
Guidelines:
  • Please contact me before picking up one of my wanteds! If in doubt as to how to reach me, PM @Elias Grimstone.
  • Let me know if you plan to drop the character, temporarily or otherwise! If they go inactive and I don't hear from you, I reserve the right to put them back up for adoption.
  • For the most part bolded facts are fixed, but (depending on the character) I might be flexible on some of the details, provided you discuss your ideas with me first!
Last updated: 25/06/22 | Click here for my adoptables!

For @Ishmael

Ishmael doesn't often turn people into vampires, but when he does, it's usually because he's gotten attached. He met these two - at different times - while they were still human, magic or muggle, and has either seen them on and off since then or they've fallen off his radar for a while and showed up in Britain out of the blue. Their backstories are very flexible, as they will be younger than Ishmael but can be from anywhere between then and now, be it from Revolutionary America, turn-of-the-century France, or basically anywhere from Britain, Europe, or Asia. I'd prefer you to talk to me first, obviously, so we can hash out the details - but I'm very open! These characters can be either permanent or temporary, depending on what you want to do with them: either way, come join the vamp!drama!

VAMPIRE BROMANCE

B.???? | WC VAMPIRE | PB: OPEN

This dude once helped Ishmael out of a bind, and they became friendly after that. In fact, they were such bros that when this guy got in a life-threatening situation, Ishmael got sentimental and rescued him from his untimely deathbed. Or that's how Ishmael remembers it. This guy is much less cool with being a vampire than Ishmael is; being a good, honest, moral person, he has issues with drinking people's blood and may well have a lot of #angst if he has killed people in the past. Understandably, this has caused a bit of a rift in their friendship - Ishmael just wants him to lighten up and have fun so they can continue to be bros eternally. Pictured is Jake Gyllenhaal but face is totally open, depending on their background.

For @Ester Montgomery (& "The Degenerates")

THE ARTIST

B.?? | MCAB | PB: OPEN

Since her first scandalous affair with a pornographer, Ester has made a habit of hanging around with men in ~artistic circles, and here is one of them! “Raphael” all but considers himself a Renaissance painter reincarnated, an artistic genius who’ll go down in history. At some point in his life he chose to immerse himself fully in his passion for painting, though while he awaits his critical success in the galleried world, he may help make ends meet by offering above-board portrait sittings, dabbling in photography (and pornography), and perhaps private lessons as an art tutor. While on the surface a perfectly respectable character, he straddles society worlds between the upper and lowest classes - obviously, because he is also (privately) friends with Ester. She often gets modelling work for and through him. Need a character for those SEXY ART PARTIES, ANYONE? ;) More charming than he is romantic, he will however go to any lengths to pursue a new muse when he finds himself ‘inspired’ by a perfect new face, even if it means ambushing them in the street. Face is totally open, but pictured is Oscar Isaac.

THE HARLOT

B.?? | WCAB | PB: OPEN

Unlike Ester, who grew up comfortably, “Georgiana” had a tough childhood, and emerged from it under no illusions about the world, but with an uncanny knack of always landing on her feet. A prostitute by profession, though she dips her toe into the modelling world as well, she and Ester enjoy butting heads about their differences and occasionally squabble over men, but for all their bickering they are best friends, and Ester trusts her more than anyone else. Pictured is Billie Piper.

For @Jude Wright

EMILIA WRIGHT

B.1836 | UCHB/PB | PB: CATE BLANCHETT

Jude's mother. Emilia comes from a generally traditional/conservative upper class family. Although she and her husband got along reasonably enough, it was probably an advantageous match more than one of affection -  and, for whatever reason, they only had one child. Unfortunately for them, that child was Jude. Precocious as a kid and painfully opinionated as a teenager, he didn't make it easy for them to be the typical hands-off UC parents, but things only got worse after he'd graduated Hogwarts, butting heads with his father and derailing far too many dinner parties with socialist rhetoric and other distressing things. Worried about their standing in their social circles, they basically tell him to shape up or ship out - Jude does the latter, moves away to London, and basically ignores his parents' existence as much as humanly possible. At first, at least, they do the same to him - but they come across as perhaps too soft to disown him properly, as when Michael dies of the Laughing Plague in 1884, his will passes on the family estate and inheritance on to Jude as though nothing has happened. (No one is best pleased about this.)

Emilia herself may continue to live on the estate, rent somewhere in Hogsmeade/London, or some combination of both. Her personality is largely open, as is her Hogwarts house, what she does with herself since her husband's death, and how her feelings have or have not changed. I imagine her own rep/social standing has probably suffered somewhat since her socialite wife days, and she may have gravitated towards new friendships or interests as a widow. At some stage in her life, she might even have liked to have a career of her own - but as a married UC woman, didn't follow through - so maybe she's thinking about that again! Maybe she's even becoming more liberal! ;) Regardless, I think it would be interesting if Emilia tried to bridge the gap with Jude and gradually repair their relationship - but I'm pretty open to seeing how things develop!  

(Her natal family situation is also up to you, since Jude probably holds the title of 'Angry Gay Cousin' and doesn't see much of the extended family anymore.) Suggested face is Cate Blanchett, but open to alternatives as long as they're blonde/blue-eyed.

Up to Date: 6/26/22

Finn's Plottables Rules:
  1. Please contact me to reserve a character before filling out an application. (@Billie Farrow)
  2. If you're going to temp drop a character, I totally understand. Just please let me know so I don't assume you have dropped them permanently.
  3. Many of the details in the ADs are fixed, but I'm totally up to discussing and tweaking if need be.

Heya!  These are the plottables for Finn.  If you want to play someone, please contact @Billie Farrow.  Please try to be active!   If you want adoptables, check over here.

Fergus Andrew Wallace

[Image: ezgif-6-677b91e77193.jpg]
1880 | Middle Class | Halfblood | Bastard & Mischief Maker

Fergus is the bastard son of @Wallace Murphy. His mother died in childbirth, and her last words were "Fergus Andrew Wallace." Murphy isn't quite sure if she intended Wallace as the boy's surname or if she was simply stating whom the boy's father was, but it ended up being the name given to the child.

Murph took Fergus in as a baby, and he raised the boy at the zoo in Colorado that he's a shareholder of. Fergus grew up with tutors and a woman who was hired to take care of him while his father was off on research ventures. Despite his father's occasionally long absences, he always made time for the boy and often invited him to the job site for at least a few days at a time. The boy is very experienced in working with creatures; he has helped at the zoo since he turned six.

July 1890, they made a trip across the sea to visit Eva, Beau, and the rest of the boys from the Arizona team for the QWC. Dreading the boat ride and taking a liking to the zoo in Irvingly, Wallace has fixed to stay.) Not to mention, he wants to keep an eye on Eva and Beau.) This means that Fergus has attended Irvingly School and will be heading to Hogwarts in 1891/1892.

He is somewhat like his father, personality-wise. He's adventurous, rough around the edges, and kind. He is very close with his father; they tease each other mercilessly. Despite the fact Murphy hopes Fergus follows in his footsteps, he's incredibly supportive of whatever path his son chooses to follow

Play-by is flexible, but pictured is Christopher Convery who looks like he could be related to Murphy. He could be of any race, as long as he has a semi-resemblance to Wallace. He could even possibly be First Nations! Sladen Peltier is an option. I love finding kiddo play-bys, so I'm happy to help, if needed!

[Image: gSiiwYS.png]
Awesome signature by MJ!  Thank yoooou!
Marlowe Forfang
Still seeking: Jan 2022

TWO POSSIBLE ROUTES; EXISTING CHARACTERS OR COMBINATIONS WITH OTHER ADS SUPER WELCOME!

Route A: No, that's my pseudonym! Someone takes credit for Juliana's work. Are they trying to discredit it? Bolster their own academic portfolio? Hide the fact that they're a werewolf and were nearly discovered by giving themselves a plausible excuse for being out on full moons? Give credence to some far-fetched creature-related claim they're invested in making? The choice is yours. This can be any new or existing character but for best results should have some combination of these traits which would make them look like a more likely candidate for Marlowe Forfang than Juliana: male; middle aged or older; good (complete) education; scholar/academic; relevant life experience; upper class; etc.

I have a few plot notions for the near future but no particular endgame!

Route B: Identity theft This gentleman (or person who presents as such) can be any age and from any background, but shouldn't be recognizable on sight in society. He has recently decided to introduce himself as Professor Marlowe Forfang, groundbreaking lycanthropy researcher. His motive for doing so is up to you but some ideas are included below. After being exposed to some other people in the academic community, however, he quickly realizes he's in over his head. Juliana is torn between being livid that he stole her work and wanting to expose him (but not knowing how to do so without exposing herself as well) and wanting to sort of My Fair Lady him into a semi-presentable academic so that he doesn't entirely destroy her credibility as a researcher.

Shenanigans will abound. I don't have an endgame in mind but don't see this as a super temporary character, so if you're interested in taking him you should be in for the long-ish haul. Existing characters (with or without retcons) are welcome!

Pictured PB is Arjun Gupta but it's open to anyone.

Potential motives for the identity theft:
— He wants a steady job and is using Forfang's credentials to apply for a position as: Hogwarts CoMC, DADA, or Magical Theory professor; Ministry's DR&CMC; Ministry's Research Committee; contrator for some sort of company who could use a 'werewolf expert' for some upcoming task like a trip through the Balkans; etc.
— He wants to collect some modest income from staging bullshit Q&A sessions or book signings.
— He wants to live large on the reputation piece (because living off credit was totally a feasible thing in this era if you were respected enough).
— He's pulling off some totally unrelated scam and using the fake name to engender trust in his target/mark.
— He's trying to court/marry someone whose parents wouldn't approve and he's therefore reinvented himself as Forfang thinking they'll be more on board with that.
— He needed a clean start after some shady background stuff and just happened upon this reclusive academic and thought it'd be a good fit.

Finn's Plottables Rules:
  1. Please contact me to reserve a character before filling out an application. (@Billie Farrow)
  2. If you're going to temp drop a character, I totally understand. Just please let me know so I don't assume you have dropped them permanently.
  3. Many of the details in the ADs are fixed, but I'm totally up to discussing and tweaking if need be.

Heya! These are the plottables for Finn. If you want to play someone, please contact @Billie Farrow. Please try to be active! If you want adoptables, check over here.

Updated 6/26/22

Well-Meaning Mother:  Agnes Binns
[Image: ezgif-3-37b6db567694.jpg]
1832 | Gryffindor | Middle Class | Any Blood | Any Profession
Pictured is Mary-Louise Parker, but her play-by is open

Agnes is the mother of @Zachariah Binns, @Juliana Binns, and Hugo Binns.  She is well-meaning, but she is a bit of a helicopter parent.  She tries to be very involved in her children's lives, which is met with mixed opinions from said children.  She is always seeking to visit with them and nudging her two unwed younger offspring toward suitable matches.  She is a doting grandmother, adventurous, and intelligent in her own right.  Her flaw is that she cares very deeply about her children. However, above all else, she is kind.

There is a lot of potential for future drama.
Whizzhard Books Manager or Other Employee
[Image: 3bc912593050c20f150b5aa817f0b916.gif]
Manager: 21 or Older, Working Class, Full-Time
Other Employee: 16 or Older, Working Class, Can Work Part-Time

I am hoping to find people to work at Whizzhard Books!  Zach is about to go through some life changing shit, and he's going to be through some serious ups and downs of mood swings.  It'll be hilarious to have someone who notices and is either concerned or gives him shit about it.  This also opens up a lot of opportunities to thread with a large variety of people in the shop!  While the manager generally handles much of the day-to-day operations and events, Zach also employs others to work at the counter actually selling the books or organizing/cleaning.

I am open to all of your ideas.  I also have some of my own of the type of people who I imagine might work there whether full or part-time.  Poke me if you'd like to pick my brain.  <3

Hugo Binns
1850 | Gryffindor | Upper Middle Class | Halfblood
Any Lucrative Profession

Zachariah and Hugo don't always see eye-to-eye. Hugo has a somewhat dominating personality, while Zachariah is a bit more welcoming and open. Hugo often scoffs at his brother's "achievements," and he seems to engage in a one-sided competition about who is doing better. He has moved up in the ranks, and is on the cusp of moving up a class due to either his profession and/or business ventures. He doesn't understand having passion for his line of work, for he's more concentrated about the money and power output. He's a somewhat domineering father who shows his love in strange ways. He tends to treat his little sister like a child. He has a tense relationship with his wife. This is likely his fault.
Play-by that has dark hair and light or dark eyes.

His sister @Juliana Binns and daughter @Emma Binns are played.

[Image: gSiiwYS.png]
Awesome signature by MJ!  Thank yoooou!
Dante's Playmates
RULES
❧ thanks Bree for the code!
❧ Be reasonably active.
STILL LOOKING jume 2022
Sarah - Partner in Crime!
@Gwendolyn Vane-Tempest

'Sarah'

b. Open| WCAB | Maid | Mother to Illegitimate child | Suggested PB: Sarah Gadon

How Sarah and Gwen came into contact is open, she could have worked for Gwen, or been a randomer but around the time Gwen got pregnant, she found herself unmarried and preggers.  And the two struck up a deal.  She would get a role in Gwen's household, and eventually be set for life, and Gwen would get her baby.  Gwen and a small group of maids went off to the country for her laying in and Sarah's.  They had their children, Gwen's monster was quickly hidden away and Sarah's bouncing baby boy was passed off as the new Viscount Aldstone. 

Sarah is now the only person other than Gwen who knows about the rat child's existence and she is it's sole career.  She is bound by an unbreakable vow not to reveal what passed between them.

The relationship between herself and Gwen could could one of two ways:
1- they HATE each other but have to keep up appearances because of their deal
2- they are actually close and see the mutual benefit to their arrangement.
It will likely depend on the circumstances of Sarah's pregnancy.   

Can be a temp character - and the roles of rat baby mum and carer could be split.

The Lost Sprog
@Gwendolyn Vane-Tempest

'Harry'

b. Open| ACHB |Illegitimate  Incoming Firstie| Should be a 'Right Honourable'...but tough luck | Suggested PB: Sarah Gadon

The first child of Gwen.  He was the result of Gwen fooling around and so his birth was all hushed up and he was passed off to another family -possibly his fathers.  Now that Gwen has her horrible little secret her perfect first born might be of interest to the Countess!

Professor of Alchemy!
@Meserimus Valenduris

Ceaser Pavesio

b. OLD | ACAB | Italian abstraction | Researcher in Alchemy | Suggested PB: Derek Jacobi

He and Meserimus have known each other  a long time, he has come to London austensibly to work on a research  project with Meserimus.  He is staying in Meserimus Hogsmeade home with him and his family for the summers. 

The pair are researching the intersection between potions and alchemy, specifically if potions can be used to augment the purity and efficacy of alchemical works (Get better quality gold through the use of potions) and to see if potions transmuted potions ingrediants work better or worse than a real item.  The aim being that it would be useful/easier to transmute a common substance into a rare potions ingrediant

Intended to be a TEMP but feel free to keep him around for your own reasons (Oh look Hogwarts needs an Alchemy prof!?)
[Image: gqorgwG.gif]

The Rebels
@Christabel Dempsey

The Rebels know each other from school and their respective social circles.  They are close, companionable and all rather opposed to the status quo. 
They have 'English' names but may have chosen to 'Irish-ise' them which was the fashion amoung the Irish UC set at the time!

'Sorcha Ni Dochartaigh' '

b. 26 | UCAB | Painter | Society Wife | Suggested PB: Elinor Tomlinson

Her father is/was a prominent politician in Ireland, he is a liberal in support of home rule.  She was given a great deal of latitude and while she has done the 'right' thing socially and is either married or betrothed this just gives her the freedom to be as outspoken as she likes.  She is a painter of some note, specialising in magical society portraits but has a bee in her bonnet about her exclusion from the various painter academies despite being recognised as an exceptional and talented painter.  She did a notable magical portrait of someone of important (OPEN). 

Her schooling is open, but she had Christabel have known each other from girl hood. She is a little more agnostic about Ireland's position as independent of England but is part of the Celtic revival.

'Padraig Mac Ruadhain '

b. 26 | UCAB | Writer| Heir | Suggested PB: Christian Cooke

An heir that is in danger of being a disappointment to his parents.  Despite being a staple of the establishment he has grown to be rather anti-establishment.  However, he is an only child and his father hates his own brother enough to not disown his son.  There was an expectation that he might excel in politics or in the ministry however he hasn't the tact to make much of a go of that.  What he is in bright and an excellent writer with an ability to write deeply persuasive texts.  His writing might very well be considered seditious by the more staid members upper echelons of society as it talks a lot of gender and class equality but it's popular amoung younger and more liberal UC and of course the WC and MC who are encouraged by it.

He does believe in Ireland's independence, and is considering making a run for a new parliament in Dublin if it appears - mostly to make a point.  He and Christabel have been friends since before puberty.  He encourages some of her worst traits of rebelliousness and being outspoken.

Sadhbh Rua

b. 26 | UCAB | Painter | Most traditional| Suggested PB: Crystal Clarke

Set apart all her life by her ethnicity, Sadhbh for a long time wanted desperately to fit in and as such has mastered every womanly art to a degree that would make Olivia Pendergast sit up and take note.  However, she was jilted shortly after her debut by a man who cited her ethnicity as an impediment but she considers herself British and found that the worst part of the snub - that he didn't consider her British enough to marry.  She may have made another match but she now see's her ethnicity as a badge of honor and not something she should count against her.  Her paintings feature ethnicity as a prominent theme. 

She attends the Hermetic order with Christabel because she thinks rich white muggles pretending to african and middle eastern magic is hilarious. 

Soul Mate
@Christabel Dempsey

'Casimir Markievicz'

b. 30+ | UCAB | Poet and Lawyer | Temper for a Firebrand | Suggested PB: Harry Richardson

So as his names suggests he is based on a real person- but his played name is open.  In true Victorian style he trained in the law, as it was expected that as a second he 'do' something.  His relationship with the law and legal practice is open but he is also a painter and playwrite.  This is his true passion. 

He is liberal in views, supporting women's vote and favoring equality of ethnicity and class.  He is a trade union supporter and a theoretical socialist. He had an elder brother who died and as a result of the death he became the heir which has allowed him to indulge his passion for writing and producing artistic ventures. 

I would like him to be the Casimir  to Christabel's Constance Markievicz!

He could be a gay man who just wants to assuage the rumours and 'do his duty' as an heir, but in this case he and Christabel would be best friends who genuinely care for each other, and they have an affectionate friendship. 
Underlined portions are flex and could be reworked to do double duty - Could be one of The Rebels

First Mate!
@Isis Silverthorne

Mr _____ Gibbs

b. 55+ | ACAB | Sea Dog | First mate of the Black Kite | Suggested PB: Bob Hoskins

He has been aboard the Black Kite since before Isis was born and when her father died he all but took on the role of father to Isis.  He is an experienced sailor who misses the proper days when the Kite was a true merchant navy vessel, under her father and grandfather and is softly disapproving of the shadier work that Isis takes on.  He has seen some shiz in his time as a sailor and is full of war stories. 

He was a very talented wizard, a second son from well to do wizarding family, he was born on the 29th of February and so is 'technically' only 15 or 16 in age.  The problem is his indentures papers to the Black Kite state that he will remain an apprentice to the captain of the Black Kite until his 21st Birthday - and his birthday only happens every 4 years.  He has a strict personal duty code and so refuses to leave before his contract his done. 

He is one of few people Isis listens to and does not mind his parental type meddling. 

Awkward Arrangements
@'Natsuko Mountbatton

____

b. 30+ | UCAB | went to Mahoutokoro  | His job if he has one is something nerdy | Suggested PB: John Cho

He is the second son of a wealthy family.  He is disinclined towards society but intelligent.  He just wants to be left alone with whatever he does and would probably be happier as a middle class member of society - free of certain social obligations.  He isn't cruel, vain or capricious, but with 'big kid in sweetshop' vibes. 

However, his mother is ambitious and keen to see her sons marry for comfort and position - this second son is her favorite and so a girl with cash was always on the cards.  There was the idea that England would also allow him step out from his brother's shadow - and he sees it as an opportunity to also get out from his mothers nagging - as to whether she accompanies him and spoils his plan, or not, would be up to you. 

The arrangement was made between the family and Natsuko's gaurdian- her aunt. 

This isn't a love match - his preferences and sexuality are open
Could do double duty in other plots!

[Image: CgHzljG.png]
Bee is amazing
Kit's Plottables
GUIDELINES
❧ Please contact me before making a character.
❧ I reserve the right to refuse adoption.
❧ I obviously want activity out of you but I am fairly lax on that! If there are repeated losses in the AC though and you don't talk to me about what is happening with it, I reserve the right to throw the wanted ad back up for someone else to take.
❧ Please contact me before you drop a character, whether it be temporarily or permanently so I can plan accordingly.
Still seeking: June 25, 2022.

For Philip Aymslowe
@Philip Aymslowe

THE BOYFRIEND

b. 1860-1862 | ACAB | Open House | Open Occupation | Suggested PB: Dominic Sherwood for lols but very open

This Boyfriend is a very close "friend" of Philips that frequents his sweet shop. Philip had a crush on him for a long while and they shared a kiss in April of 2020. They then went months without talking because Boyfriend assumed Philip had rejected him (it was a misunderstanding). This was cleared up in December of 1890 and they decided in January 1891 to explore their feelings for one another. Whether they really have and are together now or Boyfriend got cold feet and has been ghosting Philip for a year or something we can hash out together!

At any rate, Philips mother thinks they are a thing despite her not knowing anything about what happened and thinks her son is gay (he's bi but still) since he has never shown much interest in holding a womans interest.

He was previously played but the only details that need to be kept intact are the above developments. <3

For Clarissa Cosgrove
@Clarissa Cosgrove

THE SCHOOL FLAME

b. PRE-SEPT 1869 | WCAB | LEFT AFTER OWLS | OWLS LEVEL OCCUPATION | OPEN PLAYBY

While being hit with nostalgia on the old board while reading the threads of one of Clarissas more intense ships, I have decided to make this ad to give Clarissas love life some drama. This is definitely meant to be a romantic interest for Clarissa. This boy was in the same year as Clarissa and horrid at all things Etiquette which is one of the required Hogwarts classes for all years. So, he asked her for help in their fifth year which she provided gladly despite this being one of the first times she had ever been spoken to by him.

This boy was generally brutish in nature but was swiftly attracted to Clarissa and was quickly intent on wooing her despite knowing she is way beyond his social means. The fact that he had competition in the form of an upper class Slytherin in Clarissas year seemed to only encourage him and he felt that it was unfair he should be out of the running because of current lack of wealth. They eventually had an intense emotional affair of sorts and Clarissa even let him kiss her hand once. Scandalous!

All this transpired during their fifth year and he left after taking his OWLs. They likely have written one another since then and he has done his best to put in place building blocks for an upward mobile career of some sort.

OCT 2021 EDIT: Her courtship with Emrys Selwyn was publicly declared in Witch Weekly in September 19, 1891 which could have reached his ears. Barely a  month later,  Mister Selwyn broke the courtship and is marrying another woman. Perhaps, he could take this as a sign to shoot his shot?

double duty!: Fake Forfang

For Morgana Gaunt
@Morgana Gaunt

MARVOLO GAUNT

b. 1870 | WCPB | Slytherin Dropout | Open Occupation | Suggested PB: Bill Skarsgard

He attended Hogwarts in September of 1881 and so has a pre-September birthday in 1870. He stopped attending Hogwarts after finishing his third year. He is a parseltongue and betrothed to Morgana. She is devoted to him and he, in turn, worships her but tends to be jealous of her capabilities. He is unlikely to be mentally sound and is prone to violent outbursts if he perceives someone as being disrespectful to him. He and Morgana were married on January 1st, 1891.

Marvolo is a canon on the canon list so be sure to reserve him there!

[Image: Op3jqO.png]
and they were ROOMMATES
RULES
❧ Please be active
❧ If dropped, I reserve the right to put him back up for adoption
❧ Please contact me before making
Still seeking: June 25, 2022

For Garrett Cavey
@Garrett Cavey

THE ROOMMATE
WCAB | Any | Any| Suggested PB: Open

Garrett sought out a roommate back in October 1888 and sometime after that but before December 1889, this young man took up the offer. When Garrett found out about his almost-lovers death in January 1890, this guy was there for him even though he didn't know why Garrett was seemingly in some sort of mourning. One instance of comforting even ended with the both of them falling asleep in each others arms, oops. Since then mutual romantic and sexual tension has been growing between the two of them with both ends thinking it isn't mutual.

This could even be an existing character if they fit the bill and timeline!

FOX'S ADOPTABLES - updated 6/22

- please shoot me a message if you're at all interested and we can chat through additional details
- faces are completely optional, only suggestions - however some physical attributes are not
- if claimed adoptable is deactivated, will put back up for adoption :) *

[Image: 497a343f5e47c9613af2a9bd445ad6c0bb688c16.gif]

Show

DONE AND DUSTED!
Show

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Dorothea Twycross
June 28, 2022 – 6:21 AM
View a Printable Version