Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1892. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
“Got the morbs” was Victorian slang for a temporary melancholia — Dante
In a panic sort of reaction, she shut the door but neglected to make sure she was on the other side of it.
the thrill of the chase moves in mysterious ways

*N/A*
Absences
Need a Portkey?

We get that sometimes, real life comes up and you can’t be as active as you might want. All we ask is that you give us a heads up! Please post below with the following form filled out to the best of your ability, and we’ll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b] Scarce? Absent? Somewhere in between?
[b]Pass:[/b] Yes or No*
[b]Date Leaving:[/b]
[b]Date Returning:[/b]
[b]About the Absence:[/b] Optional.

*ON PASSES: The Activity Check falls on the first Sunday of each month. If your absence includes AC day, or a large chunk of the time leading up to it, let us know if you want a “pass” for that month—meaning your characters won’t be deactivated in that check. Keep in mind, though—if you’ve made a new character that month, you can’t take a pass except for Dire Life Circumstances™. If you do not post with your characters for 2 months in a row, they will be deactivated, even if a pass is claimed.

The following 1 user Likes Charming's post:
   Benevolence Montague

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact @Ursula Black, @Aldous Crouch, @Cassius Lestrange, @Elias Grimstone, @Tilda MacFusty, @Marlena Scamander, or @Elsie Kirke with any questions, issues, or concerns.

Name: Stefanie.
Pass: Yes.
Date Leaving: Start of March.
Date Returning: Sometime in May?
About the Absence: So roughly a week or so ago I was told that the company I'd been working for for the past 4 months [temp to hire position] could no longer keep me on because all of the worlds shipping issues are causing such a shortage in work for us to do. I really loved working there and would easily say its been the best job I've ever had by far. As a result I've been a bit depressed and a tad museless since. I've been trying to get through my owed [slowly, I'm sorry!] and even tossed myself into a new character to try and keep my brain distracted from getting actually depressed, but it's been a bit of an uphill battle of just being down in the dumps. The sorta upside is that once the hold that's causing the shipping issues ends they told me that they really want me to come back [the day I left was honestly heartbreaking with lots of tears and hugs from my coworkers].

Which brings me to the reason why I finally decided to post something in here. Next week I'm going to be starting contract work to try and hold out for as long as I can for my old job and my god... does it sound utterly miserable. 6 days and 60hrs a week. I'm already dying a little bit on the inside before even starting. The agency I go through said it will last for around a month or two, and since contract work is scarce right now its basically this or nothing. I'll still be posting as much as I can [albeit slowly if I had to guess, unless misery somehow propels me into a surge of creativity], but outside of that I imagine I'll be a bit of a ghost. If for some reason anyone needs me I vastly prefer Discord be used to contact me, but PMs are fine as well.

See you all on the other side. <3

6/3 Edit: Things have been going a ton better recently and I've been working on being less of a ghost and getting back into the swing of things around the site! Unfortunately I've been a tad busy this past week as I'll be attending a wedding this weekend and both myself and my boyfriend may or may not have waited till the last second to prepare. As such please use a pass for me this month, and know I appreciate all my of thread partners patience as I try my best to not have this crazy life moment be another repeat poofing moment on my part. <3
The following 5 users Like Barnabas Beck's post:
   Basil Foxwood, Greta Gillenwater, Katherine Arundell, Melody Crouch, Tilda MacFusty

[Please feel free to punch, cut, maim, etc. Barbie at your leisure! Death is the only thing off the table. <3]
[Image: uAUvxn.gif] [Image: uAiBSx.gif]
Name: Finn
Status: I've been OOC'ly lurking, but my brain has been absent this month. If you find it, please return it to me.
Pass: Yes, please
Date Leaving: ??
Date Returning: Hopefully, soon.
About the Absence: I'll keep this short and sweet. I'm in a funk. I really want to post, but I cannot. Hopefully, my brain will start to work again, so this can happen. I love you all. <3
The following 6 users Like Billie Farrow's post:
   Anne Moony, Elsie Kirke, Havelock Nott, Katherine Arundell, Melody Crouch, Tilda MacFusty

[Image: gSiiwYS.png]
Awesome signature by MJ!  Thank yoooou!
Name: Ollie
Pass: Yes,
Date Leaving: Past
Date Returning: Late June
About the Absence: I don't want to give up on Quincy, but life has been tossing too much at me to get into that head space. there is a draft post sitting for a month that just isn't right.
The following 4 users Like Quincy Smellie's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Melody Crouch, Sisse Thompsett, Tilda MacFusty

[Image: Wy5E1l1.png]
Shiny set by MJ
Name: Elvi
Pass: No
Date Leaving: Last week
Date Returning: June 2nd (ish) Mid-June (ish) I hope
About the Absence: Crazy time at work because every client wants to have everything ready before the summer + we're buying a new place which is great but also takes a lot of energy. I'm lurking around, but this is a PSA for why my replies may be slower. Update June 6: So we now have a new place but it turns out selling the old one is even more stressful. I'll try to get back to posting but things will still be a bit slow for a while, I'm afraid.
The following 2 users Like Gwynedd Oakby's post:
   Melody Crouch, Tilda MacFusty
Name: Kelly
Date Leaving: Have been here and there with my activity already, but will be even more so in mid-to-late June or so
Date Returning: Mid-July?
About the Absence: OK, so I've been really off with my activity and I really wanna work on that this week - I know, last week of the month, not great - but Elaine and I are moving into a new apartment in July! Which means little if any computer time, and what little time we get will probably be focused on class work (we're also both taking summer classes, yay for college).
The following 5 users Like Acacia Ruskin's post:
   Elsie Kirke, Ida Chang, Melody Crouch, Naeva Marshall, Tilda MacFusty

Magic by Elaine!

Name: Nolie
Pass: Yes please
Date Leaving: May
Date Returning: June 20
About the Absence: Hiii, really sorry I've been MIA. Worklife has been hectic, I've grown from managing one team to managing many distributed teams and traveling more. To be honest I just haven't had the mental energy by the end of the day to do anything except figure out dinner and melt into bed. It sucks because I'm really excited about threads/plots with you all but am struggling to reclaim my Charming time. Thank you for bearing with and still including me. <3
The following 6 users Like Ida Chang's post:
   Barnabas Beck, Basil Foxwood, Gwynedd Oakby, Melody Crouch, Sisse Thompsett, Tilda MacFusty

[Image: uicD21.jpg]
elaine is a gem <3
Name: Jen
Status: Piggybacking Finn: OOCly present but with an absent brain.
Pass: Required.
Date Leaving:???
Date Returning:Im trying.
About the Absence: I'm having a depressive anxious turn. It's great. I feel like I'm failing my characters and I'm absolutely frozen. I'm trying and I spent basically the past week trying to will somebody and psyching myself out of it. Hopefully soon I'll stop failing at life.
The following 1 user Likes Greta Gillenwater's post:
   Melody Crouch

[Image: Greta-sig.png]
Name: Amy
Pass: Yes
Date Leaving: soon as Apple send back my computer
Date Returning:
About the Absence: Optional.
The following 3 users Like Hermia Bonaccord's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Melody Crouch, Tilda MacFusty

[Image: 32gXPO.jpg]
Lady is a genius
Name: Hyacinth
Date Leaving: 06/05/2022
Date Returning: Unknown?
About the Absence: I don't really know how to explain this without getting into like, a whole essay of things you didn't ask nor care to know, but basically, recently, I've been diagnosed with non-alcoholic related cirrhosis of the liver, and these next few weeks, especially I'll be having like, a ton of medical tests done and a biopsy, etc. Therefore, unfortunately, I won't be able to write nearly as often as I have been. I don't know if this will mean I'll have a full absence, but it's enough where I probably won't be on every day except for on my phone just to check up on things. I'll still try to write as often as I can, of course! Just, probably won't be able to do a reply every single day the way I have been doing. So I figured I'd give a little heads up! <3

[Image: ik09fz9.png]
Lovely Set by MJ!
Name: Fox
Pass: Not at this time… still tbd
Date Leaving: June 1
Date Returning: End of June? Late July?
About the Absence: life man. life.
The following 4 users Like Basil Foxwood's post:
   Barnabas Beck, Melody Crouch, Sisse Thompsett, Thaddeus Flint
Name: Gin
Date Leaving: 6/12/22
Date Returning: Late June?
About the Absence: Health things, but I'm feeling a lot better<3 Small procedure scheduled for 6/27, and fingers crossed for something else in July. I live at the doctor office, LBH.
The following 3 users Like Atticus Foxwood's post:
   Barnabas Beck, Melody Crouch, Sisse Thompsett

[Image: cBAJGlb.png]
Name: Kayte
Pass: Nope!
Date Leaving: June 17th
Date Returning: July 17th
About the Absence: OKAY I WILL BE...
Scarce, or at least I should be to not be a slacker, from today until June 22nd while I get report cards finished.
Absent from June 30th until July 4th whilst I go camping.
Scabsent or Absent (tbd) from July 10th until July 17th while some weirdos come to my house and eat my food. If I don't come back after this, assume they murdered me.
The following 3 users Like Aldous Crouch's post:
   Barnabas Beck, Elias Grimstone, Jack Dorset

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: B0me9x.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
Name: Fallin
Pass: Yes
Date Leaving: Last week
Date Returning: July 6
About the Absence: Whelp. My schedule is a hot mess for a wide variety of things. Hoping my normal routine shows up again soon.
The following 1 user Likes Sisse Thompsett's post:
   Atticus Foxwood

[Image: Fvrksn.png]
ANOTHER amazing signature from Bee <3

View a Printable Version