Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Charming has a number of lonely plots looking for love. Why not take a gander and see what hijinks your character can get up to? — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Clare Victoria Basiltree for Christopher Basiltree.
Meddlesome mother, but make her a squib <3
The thought of marrying Cecily Gallivan had occurred to Fitz in the way that the thought of marrying any attractive young lady did: a firm maybe and a hasty step away to more pleasurable topics, like sport or brandy.Fitzroy Prewett in Well. That took a turn.
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Complete five threads where your character experiences good luck, such as finding a sickle on the ground or being saved from a fall!
>
<

Absences
Need a Portkey?

We get that sometimes, real life comes up and you can’t be as active as you might want. All we ask is that you give us a heads up! Please post below with the following form filled out to the best of your ability, and we’ll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b] Scarce? Absent? Somewhere in between?
[b]Pass:[/b] Yes or No*
[b]Date Leaving:[/b]
[b]Date Returning:[/b]
[b]About the Absence:[/b] Optional.

*ON PASSES: The Activity Check falls on the first Sunday of each month. If your absence includes AC day, or a large chunk of the time leading up to it, let us know if you want a “pass” for that month—meaning your characters won’t be deactivated in that check. Keep in mind, though—if you’ve made a new character that month, you can’t take a pass except for Dire Life Circumstances™. If you do not post with your characters for 2 months in a row, they will be deactivated, even if a pass is claimed.

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact @Ursula Black, @Aldous Crouch, @Cassius Lestrange, @Elias Grimstone, @Amelia Evans, @Elladora Black, or @Elsie Beauregard with any questions, issues, or concerns.

Name: Fallin
Pass: Yes for March not Feb Edit: Yes for the AC on 4/4
Date Leaving: 2/25
Date Returning: Hopefully end March
About the Absence: Woah are things busy, I will be starting a new job in two weeks so I'm busy prepping for the transition.

EDIT: Slowly, slowly getting back in the groove.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sisse Thompsett's post:
   Elias Grimstone

[Image: Fvrksn.png]
ANOTHER amazing signature from Bee <3
Name: Finn
Pass: No, whomever gets swallowed by the AC, gets swallowed
Date Leaving: lol
Date Returning: lol
About the Absence: See here for update
[-] The following 4 users Like Billie Farrow's post:
   Amelia Evans, Angelica Vorona, Elias Grimstone, Melody Crouch

[Image: gSiiwYS.png]
Awesome signature by MJ!  Thank yoooou!
Name: Lady
03/19 - 03/22: Absent
Pass: Yes just to be safe!
Date Leaving: 03/13
Date Returning: 03/23 3/27
About the Absence: Helping on a film project, so I'm about to have 12hr days!

EDIT 3.25: moving this forward a couple days cause mentally I feel like I got hit with a battering ram. I forgot to mention that the last four days have been 12 hr night shoots so I'm taking time to re-adjust my clock.

[Image: lu94zQ.png]
Name: Jen
Pass: Required for March.
Date Leaving: March 12, 2021
Date Returning: April 8
About the Absence: I'm pretty stressed out and can't relax enough to even be particularly coherent or to figure out what I'm doing to be able to even keep track of the characters lives.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greta Gillenwater's post:
   Angelica Vorona
Name: Lynn
Pass: No
Dates: Mar 30 - Apr 3 / Apr 6 - Apr 11
About the Absence: Just a heads up more than anything! Our new au pair is arriving Mar 30th & I'll be hanging out with her on and off during the days that week to ensure she gets settled in and trained up well. Our current au pair isn't actually leaving until mid April and our house is too small for everyone SO I will be flying to stay with my parents to alleviate a lack of available bedroom space April 6th - 11th. During this whole period I'll be around on and off but less than usual. Always available on skype if you need anything pressing though!

Set credit to MJ! <3
(March 26, 2021 – 10:15 PM)Reuben Crouch Wrote: Name: Lynn
Dates: Mar 30 - Apr 3 / Apr 6 - Apr 11
About the Absence: Just a heads up more than anything! Our new au pair is arriving Mar 30th & I'll be hanging out with her on and off during the days that week to ensure she gets settled in and trained up well. Our current au pair isn't actually leaving until mid April and our house is too small for everyone SO I will be flying to stay with my parents to alleviate a lack of available bedroom space April 6th - 11th. During this whole period I'll be around on and off but less than usual. Always available on skype if you need anything pressing though!

Max broke his leg yesterday so while these things are still true, it will likely be weirder than initially anticipated. IDK how it'll affect things for the next few weeks but for this weekend I'm exceptionally around from my phone (Skype me if you want phone posts! I'll deliver!) and probably not around from my laptop at all/ until after Max falls asleep at night. If he does... last night he was up crying until midnight so. We'll see.

Set credit to MJ! <3
Name: Bee
Pass: Yes please, for March
Date Leaving: 3/31
Date Returning: 4/23
About the Absence: But Bee didn't you just do one of these? Don't you generally just suck lately?? Well friends, yes and yes. However the snowball of work stress causing me to not sleep well has landed me in Illnessville. Naturally. Why not add insult to injury?

Plus this weekend is odd, kids will be home, so very little time. Next few weekends you might see me post like a maniac or MIA because I refuse to get out of bed. Who knows! Certainly not me. But hopefully I will have time over April vacation which starts on the 23rd, though the kids will be home all week. And I have a wedding on May 1.

Tl;dr really I'm just all over the place and unreliable. My apologies and my gratitude for your patience with me <3
[-] The following 1 user Likes Elsie Beauregard's post:
   Cassius Lestrange

[Image: bk9GUs.png]
Name: Bean
Date Leaving: 4/5/2021
Date Returning: 4/23/2021
About the Absence: I'm taking a data training course that runs in the evenings and will therefor be... probably less around in the evenings? This won't escalate to a real absence unless I get a job <3

MJ made this!
Name: Miri
Pass: Yes for March; though I think only Violette is active atm.
Date Leaving: Back in February, probably.
Date Returning: TBD
About the Absence:
I've been trying to avoid doing one of these, but I felt like I owed you guys an explanation for my absence.

My mental health hasn't been the best these past few months, and it's really been dragging me down — and not just creatively, but in my RL too. I love this site, I love you guys, and I genuinely hope to be more (consistently) active again in the future, but I simply don't have the brain capacity for it right now. Rest assured that you guys can't be rid of me completely, of course, but sometimes it's just easiest to lurk and keep up with the fun and drama from the sidelines lol.

On a positive note though, I have been looking for someone to talk to about it, so here's to hoping that I'll be (somewhat) back to normal soon! Thank you to everyone whose been patient with me, you guys are saints! <3

[-] The following 2 users Like Violette Fernsby's post:
   Cassius Lestrange, Elsie Beauregard

[Image: rXOorS9.png]
avatar(s) & signature created by the talented elaine
Name: Olive
Date Leaving: March 30th
Date Returning: April 26th
About the Absence: This is very very precautionary and I may delete it early, who knows.
I've finally come back to Cambridge after 3 months away and I have absolutely no routine or schedule or anything right now. Basically my moods are subject to swings rn because of the upheaval. I go back to work April 12th and I'm kinda dreading it and it'll probably kick my ass as far as energy levels are concerned. I'm also working on a project I need to finish ASAP and between that and potentially going into stress avoidance mode (lots of video games, netflix, cross stitch) and then probably going into a semi-permanent catatonic state when I go back to work because my lockdown body is not ready, I may be super erratic.

Or I may feel a little bit lighter because of this absence notice and not fall off the face of the earth! We shall see!

UPDATE: So I finally got my rotas and it turns out my first day back at work is actually the 16th so my stress levels have eased considerably. For now.

(April 1, 2021 – 4:26 PM)Cassius Lestrange Wrote: Name: Bean
Date Leaving: 4/5/2021
Date Returning: 4/23/2021
About the Absence: I'm taking a data training course that runs in the evenings and will therefor be... probably less around in the evenings? This won't escalate to a real absence unless I get a job <3
me: I can take this class because I'm probably gonna remain unemployed and still have a lot of free time
me: gets job offer to start friday
me: okay

Consider me more scarce :P
[-] The following 3 users Like Cassius Lestrange's post:
   Elsie Beauregard, Nicolette Fernsby, Violette Fernsby

MJ made this!
Name: soph
Pass: NH
Date Leaving:today
Date Returning: soon
About the Absence: I got my Apple Pencil and I want to play with it and I have so many hours free after works sooo love you
[-] The following 1 user Likes Elmer Macmillan's post:
   Adrestia Dantés

Lynn cropped this avatar for me and even added a border and I'm very appreciative for that. Love you Lynn.
Name: Lauren
Pass: Hopefully not.
Date Leaving: Now.
Date Returning: Soon I hope.
About the Absence: So without going into too much detail I am currently unwell and my posting may be sporadic at best. I want to keep posting but it may be hit and miss and I would ask nicely that no one presses me for anything as it makes it worse. Thank you for understanding and I should be back to being obnoxiously behind rather than just sad soon.
[-] The following 3 users Like Elladora Black's post:
   Melody Crouch, Reuben Crouch, Violette Fernsby

Elladora-Sig
fabulous set by Lady <3
Name: Kayte
Pass: Not yet!
Date Leaving: April 12th
Date Returning: Tentatively April 30th unless I roadtrip
About the Absence: Mamabrew is moving! While ostensibly this does not impact me greatly, I am donating my time and my assistance over the next couple of weekends (my prime posting days) to help her out <3
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fitzroy Prewett's post:
   Elsie Beauregard

[Image: sRnQFf.jpg]
graphics by lady ❤ —