Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
The Language of the Flowers was a popular method to express feelings where words might be improper, but did you know other means of doing so? Some ladies used their parasols, as well as their fans, gloves, and hankies to flirt with a gentleman (or alternatively, tell them to shove it!). — Bree ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Questionable Friend/Crush for Philip Aymslowe.
When your mum thinks you're gay for your best friend (but you probably are)
This boy, then. He wasn't new. Wasn't one of the worst people in the common room, those rotten rich boys - like Mr. Jailkeeper - who could not fathom a world beyond their own farts. Was a good working class lad, so he'd heard. Had a bit of a weird looking face, and a bit of a weird thing for preaching. Still.Aubrey Davis in The Under-Sofa
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Post 3+ times in three or more class threads during the course of a school year. Must all be done with the same character, be they a professor, student, or school portrait or ghost!
>
<

Absences
Need a Portkey?

We get that sometimes, real life comes up and you can’t be as active as you might want. All we ask is that you give us a heads up! Please post below with the following form filled out to the best of your ability, and we’ll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b] Scarce? Absent? Somewhere in between?
[b]Pass:[/b] Yes or No*
[b]Date Leaving:[/b]
[b]Date Returning:[/b]
[b]About the Absence:[/b] Optional.

*ON PASSES: The Activity Check falls on the first Saturday of each month. If your absence includes AC day, or a large chunk of the time leading up to it, let us know if you want a “pass” for that month—meaning your characters won’t be deactivated in that check. Keep in mind, though—if you’ve made a new character that month, you can’t take a pass except for Dire Life Circumstances™. If you do not post with your characters for 2 months in a row, they will be deactivated, even if a pass is claimed.

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact @Ursula Black, @Aldous Crouch, @Cassius Lestrange, @Elias Grimstone, @Elladora Black, or @Elsie Beauregard with any questions, issues, or concerns.

Name: Jon
Pass: Yes please
Date Leaving: From beginning of the year honestly
Date Returning: Feb 15th ish
About the Absence: I haven't been able to post this sooner so sorry.

On new years day a family member passed away, his funeral was Thursday just gone.

On the 2nd my sister's partner was hospitalised due to a severe heart attack.

A few days later my grandfather fell severely ill.

Then my uncle got put in a mental health unit where he's now been sectioned.

And most recently, my mum has suspected cancer so there's that.

On top of this, I've got stress with Alex' visa, stuff going on at work, my brother is having major psychological turns that I need to deal with and help him manage.

I'm struggling to keep it all together so until the 15th (my next week off work and hopefully when things die down), I won't be around too much.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
Pass: No - I don't think I need one?
Date Leaving: 31/1
Date Returning: ammm.... hopefully soon?
About the Absence: Started my new job this week and it's very consuming - both in time and physical energy. As such I will be scarce for the next week, maybe two, as I get settled in. I'm reachable on discord if you need me. I will try and post when I have the energy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Donovan Connolly's post:
   Aldous Crouch

Name: Hawke
Pass: Should be ok, will update if needed
Date Leaving: Today 2/2 2/11
Date Returning: 2/11 2/18
About the Absence: Husband's grandmother passed. I need to wrap my head around it and figure out how we're going to explain it to the boys. Funeral is next weekend

Took a spill down our back steps and landed on them on my back. Nothing is broken and baby is fine but I'm really hurting. I'll try to phone post for duels but that may be it.

Another Glorious MJ Set!
[Image: xy6Q4W.png]
Name: OfMen&Monsters
Pass: Maybe - depends on appointment.
Date Leaving: Current
Date Returning: Hopefully, sometime after February 18th
About the Absence: My thyroid is kicking my ass, was hoping it was just the cold weather and would pass. I don't see my endocrinologist (or, well, their assistant) 'til the 18th. What that means is an incredibly sluggish Monster. While my actual endocrinologist is great, it's always a fight to get the assistant to check thyroid levels even though this exact same thing has happened before. Hopefully it goes easier this time and I'm able to join the world of the living again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Marmaduke Warbeck's post:
   Aldous Crouch
Name: Finn
Pass: No, I'll be all good.
Date Leaving: Now
Date Returning: Unsure?
About the Absence: I've been a bit slow lately, and I'll probably continue to be for a bit longer. I know I have owed some of you posts for a while, or I need to start threads. I'll get to them (I promise!), but I can't guarantee when. (Aside from time sensitive duel posts I can do on my lunch break.) I am very concerned about my wife's well-being; a lot of my time and brain space has been occupied with that. So, it's a bit difficult to get into my characters' head spaces. Work has also been insane. Anyways, this is mostly an apology for being terrible at posting and a pre-warning incase I disappear temporarily. I'll still pop in the chat box...I can brain that. haha

[Image: xxq4g6.png]
Awesome signature by MJ!  Thank yoooou!
(February 1, 2019 – 12:21 AM)Elias Grimstone Wrote: Name: MJ
Pass: Nah
Date Leaving: Friday
Date Returning: Monday
About the Absence: Working 10-9 tomorrow and then headed straight to stay over at Laura's. Might be on a bit on the weekend but it's Mum's birthday and I'm also going to a concert Sunday night. This is mostly a notice in case I'm slow on the duel-modding front, but otherwise I'll be around! xD

Updates: I have been down with a stomach bug since Tuesday night and am still feeling pretty gross, save me D:

Name: Bree.
Pass: No.
Date Leaving: Now (February 11th)
Date Returning: February 16th
About the Absence: I have to figure out what to do about my job because I'm pulling my hair out trying to make this work. Hearing the owners of the daycare refer to my classroom as a "lost cause" and that I'll "just have to deal with it until May" combined with the frequency in which they're taking away my 1hr breaks in an 8hr day has me reevaluating my company loyalty. I'm crying every night and my emotional health is in total jeopardy; it's definitely not a good mood to be posting on Charming with (unless I'm going to kill of half my bunch. Maybe it's a better strategy than I thought.). I'll be around to duel, but don't expect much else until I've had all of my concerns evaluated and resolved.

Want to help ruin the social lives of your favorite characters? Contribute to Witch Weekly!
Name:
Pass: No
Date Leaving: Feb 11th
Date Returning: Feb 20th
About the Absence: Moving this weekend, so have a few days to pack, move and then not sure how long it'll take for internet to get setup. (Hopefully will have it set up before I even move in for work~ things.)

[Image: xU9tKc.png]
set by Bee
Name: Olive
Pass: No
Date Leaving: Now
Date Returning: February 23rd
About the Absence: My mom's birthday is on the 20th and I'm surprising her by going home on the evening of the 17th which she doesn't know I'm doing and I expect to be a bit flaky during this time as I'll be hanging out with her and Bear. Right now, however, I'm trying to finish a big cross stitch piece for her birthday which means I really need it done by Sunday or else I'll have to work on it in front of her or give it to her late which I don't want to do. Pretty much all of my free time lately has been going into this.

Name: Bean
Pass: Yes
Date Leaving: 2/a while ago LBH
Date Returning: 2/28
About the Absence: Newspaper staff turnover + presenting a paper at a polisci conference + job applications are kicking my ass. My conference is the week of the 24th and that's the same week as I no longer work on the uni newspaper, so I'll be back soon!

MJ made this!
People of Charming, I am sorry. I find that my muse for the site as a whole met a most unfortunate demise with the turning of the new year. I am not entirely certain as to how or why, but it has occurred, and I do not think that there is a way to resurrect it. I still love Harry Potter. I still love the Victorian era. I still love all of the people I've met through this site. I just woke up on the first and no longer held a flame of Charming, or my various muses that have flitted about here over the past few years. I'm sorry. I know I just made a new character. I wish that it hadn't happened this way.

@Angharad Warbeck - I know this is a bit of an odd thing, but I do suggest/recommend keeping Deborah Ann Woll as the suggested FC for Mrs. North. The name could probably be changed, but there are just too many gifs of Deborah and Nathan together to ignore. Yes, I know he has a new show on the CW, but I'm biased towards True Blood.

@Roberto Devine - Kit, I'm so sorry. I know I just made Richard's sister. I hope you can forgive me.

Sorry for posting this here, and so late. I hoped it would come back to me, and it hasn't. I'm sorry.