Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Charming has a number of lonely plots looking for love. Why not take a gander and see what hijinks your character can get up to? — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

"Angelica" Warrington for Myles Warrington.
I hold my peace, sir? no; No, I will speak as liberal as the north; Let heaven and men and devils, let them all, All, all, cry shame against me, yet I’ll speak.
He has touched my ankle and seen me with my hair down (not intentionally, of course!), so I'm pretty sure I already know what it feels like to be married.Helga Scamander in Helga's Boy Book
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Participate in summer's Camp Charming!
>
<

Absences
Need a Portkey?

We get that sometimes, real life comes up and you can’t be as active as you might want. All we ask is that you give us a heads up! Please post below with the following form filled out to the best of your ability, and we’ll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b] Scarce? Absent? Somewhere in between?
[b]Pass:[/b] Yes or No*
[b]Date Leaving:[/b]
[b]Date Returning:[/b]
[b]About the Absence:[/b] Optional.

*ON PASSES: The Activity Check falls on the first Sunday of each month. If your absence includes AC day, or a large chunk of the time leading up to it, let us know if you want a “pass” for that month—meaning your characters won’t be deactivated in that check. Keep in mind, though—if you’ve made a new character that month, you can’t take a pass except for Dire Life Circumstances™. If you do not post with your characters for 2 months in a row, they will be deactivated, even if a pass is claimed.

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact @Ursula Black, @Aldous Crouch, @Cassius Lestrange, @Elias Grimstone, @Amelia Evans, @Elladora Black, or @Elsie Beauregard with any questions, issues, or concerns.

Name: Lynn
Pass: No for July, yes for August
Date Leaving: 3 July
Date Returning: 31 July
About the Absence: BRB Baby.
Name: Finn
Status: Potentially Scarce - More like a "just in case" message.
Pass: No
Date Leaving: July 20th
Date Returning: August 13th
About the Absence: The current plan is for ESY (summer school) to be in-person for the last few weeks (only for our students with the greatest needs). This means I will be back to work for a while, and I am not sure what that schedule shift is going to do to me energy-wise. I have mixed feelings about it all. I know my students would benefit from this type of instruction the most, but there are a lot of unknown variables to contend with. So, uh, please bear with me if I'm a bit anxious and/or exhausted. We also potentially find out if I get to keep my job next year or not sometime in July/August. >< ESY is only four days a week, so I should have the weekends and Fridays to catch up! However, I'm hoping this absence message just ends up as me being overly cautious. haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes Billie Farrow's post:
   Jupiter Smith

[Image: gSiiwYS.png]
Awesome signature by MJ!  Thank yoooou!
Name: Seth
Date Leaving: 14th July
Date Returning: Hopefully the end of August
About the Absence: Having entered the last two months of my PhD thesis, stress is at an all time high and time is at an all time low. I'll still be around and may have bursts of activity, but otherwise it will all depend on my mental state and how much academic writing I get done.
[-] The following 2 users Like Harper James's post:
   Amelia Evans, Elsie Beauregard
Name: Miri
Pass: Yes, please! For August, no.
Date Leaving: Last month, if we're being honest lol.
Date Returning: 08/08/2020 09/01/2020
About the Absence:
I haven't really been feeling inspired to Charming or write in general! I hope to be back in full swing by the beginning of August after a short hiatus! My apologies to everyone I have threads/plots with! <3

EDIT: Just more of an FYI, classes start up again on 08/24, but everyone should be saved by then so no worries on that front!

[-] The following 2 users Like Cassia Fawley's post:
   Elsie Beauregard, Katherine Midford

[Image: YgvKjb9.jpg]
avatar & signature created by the talented lady
Name: Stefanie.
Pass: Yes please!
Date Leaving: Since the beginning of the month.
Date Returning: Start-ish of August? Yeah let's aim for 08/10/20.
About the Absence: Soooo I already had one of these thinking I'd be doing better after a few weeks, but I think its fair to say that losing my job has been pretty mentally taxing. Just stress overload in general that's been a bit spirally with a few ups and some dark downs. I've been kinda of feeling like I'm on the up a bit, but I have to stabilize IRL a bit more before I can really focus on RP land.
[-] The following 3 users Like Atticus Lilywick's post:
   Amelia Evans, Benevolence Montague, Elsie Beauregard

[Image: X9swGXO.png]

Name: Amy
Status: Possibly scarce, slow replies - hope this is just a precaution
Pass: No, thank you
Date Leaving: 31 July
Date Returning: Probably Monday 8/3
About the Absence: A plague o' both your houses! Okay, maybe just mine. Feeling less than stellar and my doctor sent me for a COVID test today. It will take a few days to find out, but I am so freaking exhausted, it's hard to write at the moment. I'm hoping to get some rest this weekend and (please God) be COVID free and on the mend.

[Image: Fvz7W5.png]
MJ revealed this beauty
Name: Nichole
Pass: Not yet, this may change
Date Leaving: July 31
Date Returning: August 31
About the Absence: School, packing, moving, unpacking, more school. Basically online school is kicking my butt and i need to wrap things up. And then school resumes at the end of august and I have no clue what this will be like. Also will be moving into my apartment on the 20/21.

[Image: rerGI6.jpg]
Lady is utterly amazing!!
Name: Bree
Date Leaving: August 10th
Date Returning: August 15th September 1st officially, but probably some light scarcity through at least November. I will update down the line, though!
About the Absence: First week of the school year! Will be online but may retire early due to the exhaustion <3

Edit August 9th, 2020: I impulsively quit my job and moved preschools, where I was hired as a lead VPK teacher. That means I am solely responsible for the education of these small four-year-olds, and to make matters more stressful I do not have the education requirements to have that job so I will be working through my Child Development Associate (120 clock hours) through the beginning of November. Positives: I will have obtained an AA-level education in three months. Cons: I might die in the process, wish me luck.

I will still be around but I will probably cut posting back if I fall behind (I need to do 3 classes per month, so) and I might be multitasking in the evenings. <333
[-] The following 3 users Like Frida Lestrange's post:
   Ciaran Midford, Greta Gillenwater, Yuri Podsnapper

there are few beauties that compare to a ladyset
Name: Kayte
Pass: Yes for September AC
Date Leaving: August 23rd
Date Returning: September 12th
About the Absence: I'm having a really hard time prepping for school without actual information, so I imagine I'll be leaving it all to late August and then the first week back is usually a gong show SO.

Yes I know it's July but also I was worried I'd forget >.>
[-] The following 3 users Like Aldous Crouch's post:
   Amelia Evans, Melody Crouch, Sisse Thompsett

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —

— graphics by lady ❤ —
Name: Kit
Pass: Yes
Date Leaving: Today
Date Returning: August 7th
About the Absence: There's a pretty bad storm here - my hometown had a similar one and it damaged a lot of places as well as knocking out cell service and Internet so this is me covering my ass just in case I lose access.

magical set by mj!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Name: Soph
Date Leaving: today
Date Returning: idk
About the Absence: I'm stressed out and I'm not in the headspace to Charming. Didn't want to ghost you all, so I'm posting this just so you know why I'm not super around.
[-] The following 4 users Like Ruby Urquart's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Amelia Evans, Cassia Fawley, Sisse Thompsett

Name: Emma
Date Leaving: 8/4
Date Returning: 8/11
About the Absence: Over 94% of my town is without power and they're overloading the cell towers. I'm hoping resetting my router will make my wifi come alive since we have a kick ass generator (thank you previous homeowner) but I'm not hopeful. Will probably be scarce as I battle my way for signal through the cell tower.

Update: resetting router didn't work. We shall see how long this lasts. Last time we had a power outage this bad it lasted for three weeks D<
[-] The following 1 user Likes Melody Crouch's post:
   Sisse Thompsett
Name: Fallin
Date Leaving: August 3
Date Returning: September 1 ish
About the Absence: This is hell month at work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sisse Thompsett's post:
   Melody Crouch

[Image: Fvrksn.png]
ANOTHER amazing signature from Bee <3