Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Absences
Need a Portkey?

We get that sometimes, real life comes up and you can’t be as active as you might want. All we ask is that you give us a heads up! Please post below with the following form filled out to the best of your ability, and we’ll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b] Scarce? Absent? Somewhere in between?
[b]Pass:[/b] Yes or No*
[b]Date Leaving:[/b]
[b]Date Returning:[/b]
[b]About the Absence:[/b] Optional.

*ON PASSES: The Activity Check falls on the first Saturday of each month. If your absence includes AC day, or a large chunk of the time leading up to it, let us know if you want a “pass” for that month—meaning your characters won’t be deactivated in that check. Keep in mind, though—if you’ve made a new character that month, you can’t take a pass except for Dire Life Circumstances™. If you do not post with your characters for 2 months in a row, they will be deactivated, even if a pass is claimed.

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact Ursula Black, Aldous Crouch, Cassius Lestrange, Elias Grimstone, Elladora Black, or Elsie Beauregard with any questions, issues, or concerns.

Name: Lynn
Pass: Yes
Date Leaving: 14 September
Date Returning: ... end of September?
About the Absence: Acquired an infant last night.

UPDATE 10/10: I'm safely in the 'scarce' category now, but will probably continue to be so through the next few weeks as Jack has to go back to work and the baby... is still here. xD

is it a crime to love too well?
To bear too tender, or too firm a heart, to act a lover's or a Roman's part?
Is there no bright reversion in the sky, for those who greatly think, or bravely die?
Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
Name: Miri
Pass: Nah.
Date Leaving: 9/17/18
Date Returning: TBD
About the Absence:
I wasn't going to put up an absence bc I was rather optimistic that everything would resolve itself in the end, but as of today, mine and my family's living situation just got very uncertain, and we still have no place to go. We've been looking into places, but we haven't found anything solid/affordable, so it's likely we'll end up staying with a relative until something pops up. Regardless, I'll still have Charming access bc this family thrives on Wi-Fi, but just in case I'm more scarce than usual, this is why. xD

EDIT 10/05/18:Still scabsent, but my sister and I are traveling up north to stay with my grandma for a bit. Not sure for how long, but I’ll still have Wi-Fi, at least!

Please send all alerts to Imogen MacFusty, thank you! <3
This is my life;
I won't be told what's supposed to be right.
avatars created by the talented bree and deep quote by soph
Name: Hawke
Pass: Nah
Date Leaving: Oct 18
Date Returning: Oct 22
About the Absence: Doing better but family trip that weekend so will be MIA.

EDITED: 10/3 Pass no longer needed/necessary.

Un-BEElievable Bee Set
[Image: peYKwW.png]
Name: Kelly
Pass: No (next AC might be a different story).
Date Leaving: Today
Date Returning: Hopefully soon
About the Absence: I’m having a hard time in general right now. I just lost two precious pets in the span of a few months, one just today. I’m really sad, and it’s hard to even consider posting right now. I’m sorry to all of those waiting for posts, and I hope to try to get some posts done at some point. I just don’t think I can bring myself to actually try fully catching up with all of my owed posts right now.

Magic by MJ!
[Image: pbH8Qz.png]
[Image: IyGtyD.png][Image: fbG6udO.png]
[Image: uZwWyBq.jpg]

Name: Beanie
Pass: no
Date Leaving: Oct. 8
Date Returning: Nov. 6
About the Absence: SOON THE ELECTION WILL BE OVER AND I WILL BE FREE

MJ made this!
Name: Jackie
Pass: No
Date Leaving: Oct 14th
Date Returning: Will update closer to Nov. 15th
About the Absence: I've got to basically hurry up and finish my teaching license thing by mid-November because I have to have eye surgery ASAP. I'll post sporadically just so I don't lose my mind focusing on coursework and I'll lurk around the boards, but I'll be effectively scarce. I'll update my absence once I get a better idea of the recovery time for surgery. Love you guys! <3

Rotating avatars courtesy of Bree! <3
Name: Bree
Pass: Nope #NaturalSelection
Date Leaving: October 16th
Date Returning: November 17th
About the Absence:
1) I am constantly moving rooms right now so I am tired 100% of the time.
2) Work... stuff? I may be getting a morning job, or replacing my part-time job with a full-time one. Stay tuned.
3) I love my family but being around them 24/7 makes them the most annoying people and it's killing my muse.
4) I'm avoiding the internet on November 15th/16th because it's opening day for Crimes of Grindelwald and seeing that I go to the theaters once every two years, MY EXPERIENCE WILL NOT BE SPOILED.

this is such a bee-autiful set!
Post Log
Name: Bee
Pass: unlikely
Date Leaving: Oct 16th
Date Returning: Oct 27th
About the Absence: I'm a hot mess, emotionally, physically, existentially. Sorry friends, just when I thought I was going to be good time-wise again, my brain decides to crap out. Looking to get myself in to see therapist, but living in the boonies makes it hard to find someone good within a reasonable distance. I will try to get everything together, but I'm tired, so we'll see.
[-] The following 2 users Like Elsie Beauregard's post:
   Sisse Thompsett, Thistle Potts

[Image: vVzkgc.png]
Name: Kit
Pass: Nope, most have been posted already <3
Date Leaving: Now
Date Returning: October 24
About the Absence: I always get pretty ill and fatigued during my 'time' for other medical reasons I won't get into but suffice to say I tend to either sleep a lot during this time or am otherwise indisposed.

Name: Fallin
Pass: No....?
Date Leaving: 10/20
Date Returning: 11/5 - hopefully
About the Absence: Busy season at work again, which means between that and the baby I'll likely be somewhere between exhausted and asleep on my feet. Hoping to get a handle on it in a few weeks, realistically this may be a bit longer than I hope. But heres to optimism.

[Image: x5VH1p.png]
An amazing signature from Bee <3

Name: Kayte
Pass: Nah
Date Leaving: FORTHWITH.
Date Returning: Mid-November
About the Absence: So I uh. May have loaded ALL my weekends full of activities for the foreseeable. Absent this weekend and next, scarce the two following, and in-and-out through the week as is my way.

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —

— graphics by mj ❤ —