Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Character faces can be temporarily locked. You can "immortalize" yours for 3 months at 75 posts, and 6 months at 200! — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Cosmo Zabini for Calliope Riley.
Attractive young wives really are a rich man's prerogative...
Her niece's humility was an admirable thing and had the added advantage of leaving Temperance feeling as though she was constantly rendering Blythe dumb with her words of wisdom and encouragement.Temperance Fairchild in Messiah
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
See your character from sorting through graduation by completing at least one post each year (10+ posts, 3+ yours) and participating in the initial sorting ceremony.
>
<

Absences
Need a Portkey?

We get that sometimes, real life comes up and you can’t be as active as you might want. All we ask is that you give us a heads up! Please post below with the following form filled out to the best of your ability, and we’ll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Status:[/b] Scarce? Absent? Somewhere in between?
[b]Pass:[/b] Yes or No*
[b]Date Leaving:[/b]
[b]Date Returning:[/b]
[b]About the Absence:[/b] Optional.

*ON PASSES: The Activity Check falls on the first Sunday of each month. If your absence includes AC day, or a large chunk of the time leading up to it, let us know if you want a “pass” for that month—meaning your characters won’t be deactivated in that check. Keep in mind, though—if you’ve made a new character that month, you can’t take a pass except for Dire Life Circumstances™. If you do not post with your characters for 2 months in a row, they will be deactivated, even if a pass is claimed.

PMs on this account will not be checked.
Instead, please contact @Ursula Black, @Aldous Crouch, @Cassius Lestrange, @Elias Grimstone, @Elladora Black, or @Elsie Beauregard with any questions, issues, or concerns.

Name: Finn
Pass: No
Date Leaving: Ever since my last absence (End of Oct)
Date Returning: MID JANUARY IF ALL GOES WELL!!
About the Absence: As some of you know, I've recently moved to a new state, and we're currently living with a relative until we can purchase and move into a new house. Up until the end of October, my wife had been living in our last state. Now, she's here with me, as well as my cats and my dog. We are all squashed into a tiny room (like there's a bed and two feet of walking room), and it's...trying. (My cats are also, understandably, pissed off they are trapped in a room and can't roam. So, we aren't sleeping.) It's a bit difficult to reliably get on my computer to type out posts for a variety of reasons. So, I am going to be outrageously slow, and I sincerely apologize for that. Our old house closes this week, and, hopefully, everything will have processed, so we can start looking next week for a permanent residence. Things are just a bit stressful right now, and my other half is having some trouble adjusting.

I hope we have our own place again, soon. And then things should be better. I hope.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Billie Farrow's post:
   Melody Finch

[Image: xxq4g6.png]
Awesome signature by MJ!  Thank yoooou!
Name: Renny
Pass: Yes
Date Leaving: 11/24/2019
Date Returning: Hopefully sometime in December
About the Absence: RL is kicking my ass and I'm the worst juggler ever.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Felicity Gallagher's post:
   Aldous Crouch

[Image: rnrf4m.jpg]
Graphics by Lady <3
Name: Lynn
Date Leaving: 24 Nov
Date Returning: 30 Nov
About the Absence: I had TWO DAYS set aside to catch up on Charming and homework before going on Thanksgiving vacation, and some drunk idiot drove his car into a power pole and now I don't have power for either of them.

So Nano's fucked, two of my characters still haven't posted this month, and I won't be able to do any prep for my finals unless I do it at my parents' house and I'm so mad about it.
Name: Kayte
Pass: NOPE HOMEGIRL IS TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR HERSELF AND HER LAZINESS
Date Leaving: --
Date Returning: A couple of weeks :)
About the Absence: Anxiety? Fine. Depression? Under control! Landlord stress? What stress?

Next on the Kayte 2019 Tour of UGH, Bell's palsy! It's not serious but it's a) mildly obnoxious and b) vaguely stressful in the fact that it could go away in a couple of weeks or a few months and I don't like that level of uncertainty in my life.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aldous Crouch's post:
   Madeleine Backus

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —

— graphics by lady ❤ —
Name: Kelly
Date Leaving: Eh
Date Returning: Oh please for the love of all things good, soon!
About the Absence: So, I thought I was going to get my butt in gear this month but... ugh I didn't and I suck. I will try to focus on the older threads that I owe so they don't also die. Tragically, I doubt I will get anywhere on my NaNo, but that is my next priority after saving those poor threads. I'm so sorry for all of those who I have failed. I swear I don't mean to be this much of a failure.

Magic by MJ!

Name: Lady
Date Leaving: A few days ago
Date Returning: Jan 10
About the Absence:

This is more of a precaution in case the end of the year gets busy. Work is still chugging along, but it's also making me feel very very tired, despite me trying to spend my energy elsewhere and live with it.

That, and this past week my uncle was put into hospice care after a long battle of illness. We expected him to last until at least early April so we could see him one last time [bc at this point he'd been living with it for so long], but last night he passed away in his sleep. I hadn't seen him in a long time, so emotionally I'm very melancholy, but doing alright. I'm more concerned about my mom and want to be there to support her. The memorial service is slated to be late December and out of state for all of us - literally a day after my parents are supposed to fly back home from visiting me, so a few things are up in the air.

I always turn to here for some escapism, so my activity level might still be normal, but there's ALSO a good chance I might be spending the latter half of this month scrambling. Just want to be prepared, and I'll update this when I get more news <3

[Image: rDZb6Q.jpg]
Name: Bree
Pass: No
Date Leaving: Honestly it should have started December 9th!
Date Returning: December 24th
About the Absence:
    My first week back at work went as smoothly as expected. One of my coworkers was fired, unintentional nap time fire drills because of a system malfunction, a 13-hour shift on Friday, and the flu to top it all off. I feel like I've contracted the plague and have not been able to do much physically outside of work except sleep. I'm hoping this weekend will give me the time to get over my illness, but even then my next week at work is filled with Christmas-themed activities that are bound to make my head explode. Please skype me if we have threads that are due to die; I don't want to lose anymore!

beautiful set by Lady