Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
willow’s networking
Hello! My name's Willow and I would like the threads and plots pls. ^___^ Happy to plan things out, equally happy to fling characters together and see what happens~

Arven Fisk
38-years-old
middle class halfblood
high street, hogsmeade
adventurer & travel writer

Arven needs...
  • To mix more with his extended families, Fisk and Fudge.
  • A wide range of diverse friends, propriety be damned.
  • Someone amused or terrified by his pet ferret, Virgil.
  • Curious souls for him to lead into adventure and/or rescue from peril.
  • Fellow travellers met abroad.
  • Former classmates. Arven was a Gryffindor and Keeper, graduating in 1869.
  • Lovers; women of exceptional character, any blood, class or marital status.
  • Someone to persuade him of the merits of Great Britain.
Bragi Holm
19-years-old
middle class pureblood
north bartonburg, hogsmeade
landlord & ministry intern (dept of international magical co-operation)

Bragi needs...
  • Neighbours to meet in North Bartonburg and around Hogsmeade.
  • Society functions to get invited to.
  • Horsey people to befriend (he owns a horse called Galahad).
  • Fellow Beauxbatons alumni (he was there 1882-88 and played Seeker).
  • Handsome men to shyly admire; perchance to admire him back.
  • A respectable girl to court (MCAB), as society expects.
Clue Leverett
15-years-old
working class, unknown blood
6 reputation
fifth year slytherin

Clue needs...
  • A weird friend who also likes spiders.
  • Someone (a professor?) to take an interest in his skilled charcoal drawings.
  • To mix with schoolmates. Clue's particular aptitude is Potions.
  • A mysterious benefactor from his past. PM me for details.
  • A boy (or young man) to help him discover his sexuality.
  • A caring adult to realise he is traumatised from a painful childhood.
Djura Crossridge
45-years-old
upper class muggle
hawthorne hollow, irvingly
29th baron crossridge, boer & anglo-zulu war veteran

Djura needs...
  • Upper class societal functions, muggle or mixed.
  • Acquaintances around Irvingly. He is quiet, but polite (more so to muggles).
  • Discrete souls who share in his occasional distractions of opium and promiscuity.
  • A witness to (or learner of?) his falconry hobby in Hawthorne Hollow.
  • Someone able to explain the wizarding world's non-interference in atrocities.
  • Players for his children Isaac (11) and Calliope (9). PM me for details.
Dunstan Ruskin
13-years-old
middle class half-vampire
bartonburg, hogsmeade
second year ravenclaw

Dunstan needs...
  • People (especially underdogs) to save, guide, comfort or rescue.
  • A first crush (girl his age).
  • Friends, classmates and study partners around his age.
  • Somebody prejudiced against his half-vampire identity.
Eloquence Higgs
20-years-old
upper class halfblood
hampstead heath, london
debutante

Eloquence needs...
  • Somebody (UC) to court her.
  • A publisher or dramatist intrigued by her mystery stories.
  • A baddie thwarted by Loq's amateur detective work.
  • Friends and acquaintances at society functions.
  • A bully ridiculing her mute brother (Nelson Higgs).
  • Someone to introduce her to a new pet, hobby or opinion.
  • Players for her brothers. (see MJ's post!)
Shrike Umbernauld
26-years-old
working class halfblood
the isle of skye, scotland
cartographer and reformed bandit

Shrike needs...
  • Mead-swilling friends.
  • Starry-eyed lovers.
  • To go somewhere strange and dangerous for cartography purposes.
  • Threads with family; adopt an Umbernauld here.

Hi Willow! My name's Bree! I've been lucky enough to post with you already via an open thread, but I'd like to extend some options outside the scandalous Bella Scrimgeour :P

Dionisia Fisk (... who I think I lost in this AC, but it's fine, she'll be back on Wednesday) is the wife of Ari Fisk, her best friend's eldest brother. Their platonic marriage came after Dionisia was unfortunately impregnated during an amortentia scandal by a man she doesn't know. A former mediwitch, she had to resign from her job once her pregnancy became apparent.

Edric Umbridge is the head of the auror office. He tries to avoid Hogsmeade whenever possible following last year's disaster in the village, but can't avoid it entirely given his choice of occupation.

Finnian Byrne is a bit of a wildcard, but mostly a harmless goofball. He's from the notorious Connolly family, an Irish brood who don't abide by societal expectations. (His cousin is a female auror and his brother eloped with a baker's daughter. By comparison he's not nearly as scandalous — yet.) He works for the Ministry and lived in Ireland, but probably frequents Hogsmeade's pubs.

I don't have any available women, sadly, as most of them are either too scandalous, too young, or already in relationships.

Handsome Whitledge is my only male that's his age, and although he's a member of the upper class, most of his friends have been below him on the social ladder. I'm not sure that he's the sort whose interested in fencing or horses or cats, but he's definitely a good pub buddy!

I know my options are limited, but I'll give what I can! Let me know if you plan to make a student, though; I have plenty of those Wink

set by MJ!
Hello Willow! I'm Lady, it's lovely to meet you ^_^ Welcome to the board! As far as people to thread with, I'm afraid my options might be limited, but I shall introduce them to you all the same Smile

Amelia Evans is a spinster (I just realized that, yessss >D) and an apprentice magizoologist in Irvingly. She adores most animals (save for bugs) and has two of her own, Penny an australian shepherd and Pascal, a large maine coon. Both are loveable and like to wander, so I could see them prancing up to Bragi and demanding pets.

Azazel is a bloodthirsty vampire who likes to cause trouble. She's a bit of a masochist and she likes to play with her food before she eats it. After making her, I realized her muse was a lot like the character Villanelle from BBC's Killing Eve, so I've gone with that. There are times she just likes to spook people (and obviously she won't attack or kill your character unless we've plotted it first), so if Bragi needs a scare at all, let me know Wink

Benedict Sterling used to be the Head Auror, but got himself into a bit of trouble (and amnesia) a few years back. He's fully recovered, but it was publicized in the DP, so your character might have caught wind of it if they keep up on things like that. He's a prankster and cheerful guy at heart, and his background also lies in owning horses! He has about 4 or 5 of them and also lives in N. Bartonburg, so I could see them bumping into each other.

Kingsley Wells is my next loveable chap; bit of a quiet, airy, eccentric dude and he's a healer at St. Mungo's in London. He's an activist and part of the Revolutionaries who mostly stay in London. Bragi might not run into him anytime soon, but if he needs a potion and plant poisoning healer, I have him!

And last but not least is Tilda MacFusty whose family famously are known for their work with dragons. They reside in the Hebrides in Scotland, but Tilda works in Hogsmeade Hospital as a Creature Induced Injuries healer. If Bragi ever gets wounded from his horses, she'd be your girl to see. She's a very maternal and kind person but has a bit of fire to her.

Let me know if any of these folks strike your fancy! ^_^ Welcome to the board again!

[Image: ohwRsWh.jpg]
Hi both, thanks very much for the warm welcome!

Edric Umbridge I love all these characters and it'd be great to meet them all! <3 For now the ones that instinctively jump out as ones to try first are:

- Dionisia, as Bragi would find her very interesting, especially if she might share her story with him. Do you think they might meet in a Proper context, e.g. are the Fisks the type to invite a new neighbour round for introductions and whatnot?

- Handsome, as Bragi hasn't been out drinking in Hogsmeade yet. And his parents would very much approve of him making such a respectable friend!

Tilda MacFusty You have such a lovely crew of characters! ^__^ If I had to pick just a couple to thread with to begin with, how about:

- Amelia, a fellow animal-lover. Would she be in Hogsmeade on 29th of May? Bragi lost his own cat on that day, so Amelia's help locating her would be warmly appreciated.

- Benedict: in fact, might Bragi have bought his horse from Benedict? It's a black stallion named Galahad. If so, perhaps Benedict could be at stables when Bragi picks him up? Smile Though he might be a bit shy, because Benedict is POLDARK and therefore v sexy.
Bragi wouldn't have yet heard of his troubles because he's new to the country, but he might hear of them one day, which could make for interesting drama if they become associates!

I'd love to meet the others at some point as well!

I adore Killing Eve btw. :3

[Image: bragi-sig.jpg]
Hi and welcome Willow!

I've got a whole bunch of characters but I'll just throw my best options here for now. You can see the rest here in case anyone else takes your fancy. xD

If Bragi meets/gets to know Dionisia or Ben Sterling, there's a good chance he'll encounter Ari Fisk too. Ari is married to one and secretly involved with the other, works at Hogsmeade Hospital and also has pet cats! If Bragi's moved in nearby in Bartonburg, I'm sure he and Dio would try to be as welcoming as they could!

I've got a couple of younger middle class boys, too - Tybalt Kirke was, until recently, a professional quidditch player, but has recently joined the Ministry because he's under pressure to have a proper career. He's laidback and loud and boisterous, but trying to be more sensible, so Bragi might seem like a good respectable influence to have. xD Theodore Gallivan used to have everything together, but then his father went missing (presumed dead), and he's a bit lost now, but has always been somewhere between bookish and sporty, and could certainly use a friend.

He might also meet Maximiliaan De Vries at a society function somewhere - Max is quite a bit older and Dutch/South African, but a fellow foreigner, also trying to increase his fortune in England and find himself a wife.

The following 1 user Likes Elias Grimstone's post:
   Amelia Evans

look ANOTHER beautiful bee!set <3
(June 2, 2019 – 11:06 AM)Bragi Holm Wrote:  - Amelia, a fellow animal-lover. Would she be in Hogsmeade on 29th of May? Bragi lost his own cat on that day, so Amelia's help locating her would be warmly appreciated.

- Benedict: in fact, might Bragi have bought his horse from Benedict? It's a black stallion named Galahad. If so, perhaps Benedict could be at stables when Bragi picks him up? Smile Though he might be a bit shy, because Benedict is POLDARK and therefore v sexy.
Bragi wouldn't have yet heard of his troubles because he's new to the country, but he might hear of them one day, which could make for interesting drama if they become associates!

I'd love to meet the others at some point as well!

I adore Killing Eve btw. :3

Amelia: Sounds excellent!! And yes she probably would be on Hogsmeade on the 29th Smile

Benedict: Oh, probably! He could have definitely gotten into the horse breeding game or something along those lines, so that'd totally be possible. Hahaha why do you think I chose him as a PB? Wink

I can start a thread for both or either of those if you'd like! (and yes omg Killing Eve is <3 I need to catch up on it really badly, but Sandra Oh + Jodie Comer = <33333)

[Image: ohwRsWh.jpg]
Elias Grimstone Thanks! I have been drooling over all of your charries. :3
I'd love for Bragi to meet Ari after meeting Dionisia, especially if he gleans some of her story. And after meeting Ben as well. Ho boy, Ari is another handsome one! Bragi is going to have a rather flustered time of it all~

I wanna meet Max and Theo and Tyb as well -- HM, how to pace myself? @__@ Might any of them be attending the Hogwarts Coming Out Ball? Bragi is there. :]

Tilda MacFusty Perfec! Would you be OK to start Ben/Bragi, and I'll start Amelia/Bragi? :D
Sandra x Jodie = absolute Queens, it is true. <3

The following 2 users Like Bragi Holm's post:
   Elias Grimstone, Tilda MacFusty

Welcome, Willow!

I don't have a ton on offer, but if he doesn't know Aldous here yet, he probably will before long! The Crouches also live in BNorth, and Aldous, by virtue of his job, interacts with most, if not all, of the international magical crowd Smile

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
Aldous Crouch Thanks very much Kayte! Ooh I wonder if actually Aldous could be an excuse for Bragi to go to the Ministry of Magic. I'd love to have a thread set there. Perhaps we could say he has a few final papers to sign in Aldous's department, as Bragi's parents in Denmark bought property for him in Hogsmeade, and then maybe Aldous could be on a break or something and they could chat? ^___ ^ I'd love to meet him~

Tehe sounds fab! Re: Coming Out Ball, Max would definitely find his way there to get a good look at all the new debs, and I could probably swing Tyb being there too, if you have any preference! xD (Otherwise Tyb and Theo can usually be found roaming around Hogsmeade.) Also let me know if you'd like me to start anything!

look ANOTHER beautiful bee!set <3
Elias Grimstone Purrfect. ^__^ I really like all three of those bois, so perhaps I could start a thread for you at the COB and you could surprise me with who jumps in there? :3

The following 1 user Likes Bragi Holm's post:
   Elias Grimstone

(June 2, 2019 – 5:59 PM)Bragi Holm Wrote:  Aldous Crouch Thanks very much Kayte! Ooh I wonder if actually Aldous could be an excuse for Bragi to go to the Ministry of Magic. I'd love to have a thread set there. Perhaps we could say he has a few final papers to sign in Aldous's department, as Bragi's parents in Denmark bought property for him in Hogsmeade, and then maybe Aldous could be on a break or something and they could chat? ^___ ^ I'd love to meet him~

Sounds splendid! I'd be happy to get something up today or tomorrow?

The following 1 user Likes Aldous Crouch's post:
   Bragi Holm

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
Hi welcome Willow.

@"Lucille Flint" would be happy to run into him at a society event. Or we could go with they know each other and she can invite him to something.

@"Caroline Delaney" is around for some fun if you would like. She is an American who is pretty wealthy but looking for a marriage in Britain.

Seraphina Nott is elitist and pureblood and currently emotionally unavailable. But she may be interesting too.

As for guys, I have Rufus Bixby who is a quidditch player who lives in Hogsmeade. Recently he eloped so he would be a good friend but dearly loves his wife.

I have Asha Bilton who is clueless and a magnet for bad luck. And Hudson Woodcroft who is brooding and avoids Hogsmeade. He could run into him on a case though.

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3
Thanks Sisse Thompsett, you have lovely characters! Shall we start with maybeeeeeee Asha? Smile Perhaps he could encounter some bad luck in Hogsmeade and Bragi could help him out of it?

Bragi Holm Absolutely, I would love that. Do you have a thread starter in mind or would you like me to write something up?

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3
Sisse Thompsett Perfect, thank you! I'm about to jump on absence for a few days, so if you could start us something when you're ready that'd be much appreciated, and I'll grab it when I'm back next week. <3

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
View a Printable Version