Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
It’s quite unusual for a caster's patronus to be their favourite animal, but very possible that it will take the shape of a creature they’ve never before seen or heard of. — Amy
As he fell, Ford recalled the trials of Gulliver during his interactions with the Lilliputians.
Potato Wars

Open
Flint Institute Summer Programme.
The Flint Institute of Advanced Magic
Summer Program for Hogwarts Students

This is the Flint Institute

Program Overview:
The Flint Institute of Advanced Magic is delighted to offer a summer program designed specifically for current Hogwarts students. This program is perfect for students whose parents prefer them to continue their magical education over the summer, ensuring they stay engaged and productive during the break.

Eligibility:
  • Open to current Hogwarts students.
  • Students must have the financial means to cover the program fees.
  • Applications are welcome from students of all years.

Program Features:
Remedial Classes: Help students catch up or improve in subjects they found challenging during the school year.
Advanced Courses: Offerings in advanced magical theory, practical magic, and specialized subjects such as divination, potions, and alchemy.
NEWTs and OWLs Preparation: Focused preparation courses for students taking their OWLs or NEWTs exams the following year.

Other:
Boarding: Students can stay in the Institute's dormitories, enjoying a structured environment, sharing 2 person rooms with house or year mates.

If you've enough money you're in - mostly aimed at the sons of the rich whose parents don't especially want the kids at home - or perhaps the kids an academic disappointment in need of some additional tuition over the summer.

Thanks to Kayte for the idea and the poke to do it!

Is there a timeframe for this? I have a boyo who would attend in theory but likes his ~freedom too xD

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
(June 3, 2024 – 8:04 PM)Aldous Crouch Wrote:  Is there a timeframe for this? I have a boyo who would attend in theory but likes his ~freedom too xD

With no other frame of reference I'm going to say time commitment is a week minimum but fairly bespoke, up to and including door to door - dumped there as soon as Hogwarts was done and delivered to the Hogwarts Express in time to go back to school.

In that case, Rex here will attend some advanced courses for the first three weeks of June!

I'm floating the idea of sending Morgan to this? I haven't fully committed to it but she loves the idea of getting away again from the house because it's not awkward there at all.... to learn more about alchemy and potions......... and she does need remedial charms and transfiguration help. I'm not sold on it doing much good yet as she her actual spells having propensity for elemental chaos amuses me too much.

The following 1 user Likes Greta Gillenwater's post:
   Emma Flitwick

[Image: jdwjMQy.png]
Thanks go to the marvelous MJ for her sensational set.

[Image: s-age.png]
Hermia would be around and available as a full-time Flint student and student tutor (think teaching assistant).

[Image: 8hJrlbS.jpg]
Lady is a genius

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Roslyn Ross
July 6, 2021 – 2:25 PM
View a Printable Version