Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Read Only
a letter from —
15 May 1893

Miss Irene Victoria Crawley,

I am writing to you on behalf of my client Mrs. Cecilia Shaw. The both of us, having studied this to a lawful extent, are quite positive that you aren’t aware of the nature of your relationship. Indeed, Mrs. Shaw herself wasn’t aware of the relationship until, upon the passing of her late husband, she discovered letters of his that eventually revealed the location of her second cousin twice removed. This discovery led her to contact me to find said relative; that, Miss Crawley, is how this letter found its way to you.

I won’t beat about the bush. My client has led a comfortable life and while her husband has left her a sizable sum, she wishes to distribute it to the rest of her relatives who might find themselves in need of more income. There are three others of Mrs. Shaw’s relations that have received similar letters, and the amount is to be divided between you equally. I have enclosed the approximate sum for your convenience, however it would be best to finalize this all in person.

Of course, this is all quite sudden, and not to mention an unorthodox way of notifying different parties. However I can assure you that upon meeting Mrs. Shaw, there is hardly anything about her that would be deemed orthodox. Indeed, I would have saved all this information for your arrival, however my client — as is her nature — is quite eager to see her affairs in order before too long. Given the hasty matter of this situation, for your peace of mind, I’ve enclosed multiple references from colleagues of both myself, Mrs. Shaw. Additionally, in another turn of events, it does seem that you two have a different connection; Mrs. Shaw is a donor of the very same institution where you took your courses in France. Do feel free to satisfy any further caution by contacting them.

It is important that I do notify you that Mrs. Shaw is currently staying at her summer holiday residence in Italy. As such, we must conduct our business abroad; Mrs. Shaw insists upon purchasing your ticket for you and is quite eager to make your acquaintance.

Please send word of your arrival as soon as you deem possible and you’ll find a ticket purchased for your passage.

Until then, I remain —
yours in service —
Mr. Horace Wilson, Esq.
Irene Crawley

Please contact a member of the staff team if you have an NPC post to go up!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
View a Printable Version