Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
It’s quite unusual for a caster's patronus to be their favourite animal, but very possible that it will take the shape of a creature they’ve never before seen or heard of. — Amy
As he fell, Ford recalled the trials of Gulliver during his interactions with the Lilliputians.
Potato Wars

Private
what if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do?
May 13th, 1893 - Potts Flower Show
Noble Greengrass

Everything seemed to be going off without much of a hitch. Much like last year, Daffy had tamed and tempered her mother’s ideas into something more manageable, but this year she had a better idea of what she wanted to do and frankly, she had more time than normal. Not sleeping for more than an hour or two here and there left her with plenty of extra time to prepare and plan and she’d even drawn out a map!

Each zone was its own miniature ecosystem, a swamp, a deciduous forest, tropical and local, plants and flowers both magical and muggle in every nook and cranny, carefully crafted and sculpted to create this wildly cohesive adventure through their garden and part of the park. The hedge pathways alone were a lot of work, but magic was a beautiful thing and with most of the family helping, things went up expediently.

Daffy could feel the fatigue in her limbs, the jitters from lack of sleep prickled at her fingertips, but she ignored it as best she could. Once she got through today everything would go back to normal. Eventually she overcame the sleeplessness, even if she knew she had to go back to her flat above the shop sometime. Never mind that she couldn’t close her eyes without revisiting the night of the break in, that the last time she’d ever gotten any actual sleep was the following night when Ama had practically forced a dreamless sleep potion down her throat. The potions still made her leery after what had happened with the incorrectly brewed one. Since then it was cat naps and late nights, and a newfound taste for coffee in the early mornings. What else could she do? She had never mentioned this to anyone at home, she didn’t dare tell Elias to cause unnecessary worry, so she would just have to get through it. There was nothing anyone could do for her anyway.

Everything was set up and so far the day was progressing nicely. Daff had finally found a moment to breathe late in the afternoon. A headache was creeping up her neck into the base of her skull. She could feel her hands shaking and so she wandered away from anyone who would notice, through one of the paths to the little swing she had set up beneath the willows at the edge of the lake. The shade and the breeze felt lovely as she picked up the hem of her soft green dress to sit on the swing. Her vision was swimming a little bit, but she also hadn’t eaten much today. Some lemonade and a snack would do her some good, once she cooled down. Shaky hands gripped the ropes of the swing tightly as she took a few deep breaths. Once this passed she would find something to eat, she just needed to rest for a few minutes.

The dizziness hit her like a blow to the chest as she fought for control of her limbs, but the tremors were almost too much. Slowly she slid to the ground before the swing, hands at her temples, her vision blurry and her ears fuzzy.

[Image: Daff-Sig-Spring24.png]
Noble didn't really want to be here, but flowers were close to herbology were close to potions, and he did not want his absence to be noted. Besides that — it wasn't the season, and there would be plenty of eligible bachelors here. They desperately needed these bachelors to start taking an interest in Clementine or Grace, because even with Ford's ill-gotten windfalls, they were not in a particularly good financial place.

So he was here, and wandering, in the hopes that he would avoid Daffodil. He should have just focused on staying with the crowd, because Noble spotted her on the swing from a few yards away and was about to turn sharply around when she slid to the ground. Fuck.

"Miss Potts?" Noble asked. He picked up the pace towards her, and got to his knees — but he was internally pleading for her to get up so that he wouldn't actually have to intervene. Why was he never somewhere else when she had a crisis?

The following 1 user Likes Noble Greengrass's post:
   Daffodil Grimstone

[Image: erzbcyj.png]
set by MJ
Trying to breathe through it, Daff managed to at least stave off the blackout with a few very deep breaths. It took her a moment to register the voice that must be talking to her; it was familiar of course, but Daff still wasn't quite used to Noble calling her anything other than 'Daff.'

The fact that he always seemed to be around when she was not herself, was not lost on her, in fact it was highly embarrassing as he was too kind to just leave her there. Their last run in after her fall in the park had been short and somewhat stiff, as all of their other interactions had been since September. Daff couldn't blame him, he probably, no he definitely didn't want to have to deal with her and she didn't want him to have to, but unlike last time, Daff wasn't so sure she could handle this herself.

"I promise I don't do this on purpose." She joked lightly; she had to, otherwise she would start to panic. This feeling clawing at her chest was wholly unfamiliar to her and she didn't like it. Unfortunately, she knew her sisters and mother were probably otherwise occupied and she'd sent Elias on a quick errand with Mr. Honeyduke, so she couldn't exactly seek help elsewhere. "I'm sorry, I'm just really dizzy, if you could just get me a glass of lemonade, I'll probably be fine." A quick solution that would fee them both from any further embarrassment. Never mind that her hands were shaking uncontrollably and her heart was still racing.

Noble was happy to get her a lemonade, but he didn't feel right leaving her here. He stayed on his knees next to her. It took him a beat to remember that there was a way to get her lemonade and avoid leaving her at the same time. "Accio lemonade cup," Noble said. By the time the lemonade cup flew over to them, half of the liquid had sloshed out — but it was better than nothing.

He held the cup carefully in his hands. "Your hands are shaking," Noble pointed out. Would the rest of the liquid just slosh out if he handed the cup to her? He'd never seen her like this; he didn't know what to do.

set by MJ
They were, weren't they? Daff looked down at her hands through blurry eyes. It was hard to tell because everything felt like it was shaking a little. This was the worst the symptoms had ever gotten. A whole week without some kind of actual, true, restorative rest was staring to take its toll and Daff was helpless against it.

"Noble," She started, forgetting herself, then pushed on, too affected to care. She reached out to him to steady herself, but missed, knocked off balance. Any shred of familiarity they had once shared was going to have to be summoned; she didn't have a choice. "I think I'm going to pass out," And then she did, slumping forward, tremors still wracking her frame at irregular intervals.

It wasn't until Daff passed out onto him that Noble started swearing, fervently, under his breath. He very carefully balanced her against the pole of the swing. If he was going to summon help, he was going to have to leave her, and he couldn't leave her. (Noble had never, actually, been the one to leave.) He frowned at her unmoving body and decided to try to revive her magically: "Rennervate."

set by MJ
Everything was dark and swimming, Daff couldn't make sense of time or feeling, but it did feel like it didn't last long. She gasped suddenly as the spell hit her and she woke with a start, jarred and confused. Noble came into view slowly, still fuzzy, brain foggy.

"Something's not right." She was still shaking and nothing was in focus, her ears were ringing. "I haven't been sleeping, haven't slept in weeks." She covered her ears with trembling hands, trying to block out the nonstop ringing. She shook her head purposefully trying to rid herself of the sensations that were overwhelming her. "Can you find my mother? Or take me inside?" Ama had to be around somewhere, she would be the best bet.

"You should have taken a sleeping draught," Noble chided, even though he didn't get to chide her anymore. He didn't want to go find her mother, though. He was worried that if he found Mrs. Potts, either Daff would pass out again or Mrs. Potts would figure out everything just from looking at how concerned he was.

"I'll take you inside," Noble added. He could handle dropping her off at the Potts home, after all. Noble offered her his arm. "Hold on before we get up."

set by MJ
Shaking her head, Daff was still trying to find some stability. "I don't trust them anymore— and I can't ask you." No, she'd ruined that beyond repair. Not that there was room to repair it either. Not anymore.

It took her a moment to realize that Noble was offering her his arm and even as she reached up, her head immediately swam and she sunk back down against the swing. Everything was going fuzzy again, nothing was in focus, even her hearing was faltering. She shook her head and swayed. "I can't." She stumbled over the words, shaking, tears prickling at the corners of her eyes.

Noble, who had once almost killed someone with a sleeping draught, could not blame her. But still. That wasn't as bad as this.

But he had bigger concerns. Daff couldn't get up, which meant — he couldn't bring her inside. He took a beat to say it: "I think I should take you to the hospital."

set by MJ
Daff hardly heard what he said, trying to take deep breaths and ground herself from the floating sensation she was feeling. She nodded after a moment, thinking there was no alternative, lest he carry her across the yard to the house, but that would draw a lot of attention. That was the last thing she wanted or he needed.

"I'm sorry." She added, looking at him in a rare moment of clarity.

"I know," Noble said. If anything had been constant, since they stopped seeing each other, it was that they were both, always sorry. Noble grasped her hand, and apparated them to the hospital waiting room with a loud crack!

The following 1 user Likes Noble Greengrass's post:
   Daffodil Grimstone

set by MJ

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Charley Goode
October 22, 2023 – 2:38 AM
View a Printable Version