Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
The Language of the Flowers was a popular method to express feelings where words might be improper, but did you know other means of doing so? Some ladies used their parasols, as well as their fans, gloves, and hankies to flirt with a gentleman (or alternatively, tell them to shove it!). — Bree ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Questionable Friend/Crush for Philip Aymslowe.
When your mum thinks you're gay for your best friend (but you probably are)
This boy, then. He wasn't new. Wasn't one of the worst people in the common room, those rotten rich boys - like Mr. Jailkeeper - who could not fathom a world beyond their own farts. Was a good working class lad, so he'd heard. Had a bit of a weird looking face, and a bit of a weird thing for preaching. Still.Aubrey Davis in The Under-Sofa
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Post 3+ times in three or more class threads during the course of a school year. Must all be done with the same character, be they a professor, student, or school portrait or ghost!
>
<

Lookin' for A Mind at Work | Lady's Networking
Open 

[Image: giphy.gif]

bienvenue
❧ 24 • GMT - 8 • SHE/HERS ❧
Hello and welcome to my networking! My name is Lady and I'm 24 years old (as stated above lol). I've been on Charming for almost 5 years (omg), and am going through a bit of a re-vamp / cleanse. My characters have been whittled down (and I am resisting the urge to create more characters so don't come for me), and I am READY. TO. PLOT. The easiest way to contact me is to post here!

[Image: mwpDm8.png]

plotting preferences
My plotting preferences are pretty par for the course on Charming. I like relationships to happen organically, and I am a sucker for plots. Mostly right now, I am looking to solidify relationships with my characters, and join some plots. As for thread preferences: I genuinely abhor meet n' greet threads, unless there is some underlying pre-planned occurrence. I'd rather the thread have a certain trajectory or goal in mind, however I do not want to 100% shoot down anything in advance. If you have an idea, feel free to share, I'm pretty flexible ^_^ As for subject matter, I am pretty open to scenes involving gore and violence, however when it comes to themes of a explicit sexual nature I prefer to have a discussion about it beforehand so both parties are not surprised about outcomes. When in doubt, just ask! I love to bounce ideas back and forth.

charming goals
ACTIVITY
I'm my worst critic, and imo, my activity as of late has left much to be desired. My goals are really just to maintain activity and not over flood myself with threads and projects. I hope to keep better track of my threads with my spreadsheets Satan I blame you for this recently-developed obsession, and have less. dead. threads. #CompleteTheThread2k19 xD

GRAPHICS
I do have a graphics shop where I try and control the flow so I don't get too overwhelmed, so my goals there are just to be consistent but also know when I need to dial it back while being mindful of the current requests in the shop and their expectations.

updated:01/27/19

Nothing to see here...
budge along,
budge along...

benedict carlisle sterling
❧ 36 • mchb • slytherin class of '71 • rep: 9 • Auror ❧

On the 28th of February 1887, Ben was on a mission and fell and hit his head. After suffering from retrograde amnesia, Ben's regained 99.9% of his memory and is "good as new", for lack of a better word. He's back to his prank pulling, wise cracking self. The only thing that's changed is possibly the fact that he's even less judgmental since before December and less weighted down.

Co-workers: Ben's a wonderfully personable human being and likes to pull good-hearted pranks. His heart is made of gold and he would have most likely gotten along with everyone he could back in his Head Auror /Auror days. He also visited both hospitals enough to be on a first name basis with a few employees, so if you have ideas for friendship ideas, feel free to spit them my way. I'm not opposed to back-dating threads to establish friendships as well!

Enemies: Being an auror, Ben most likely has enemies lying about. I've kept what kind of mission he was on pretty open-ended, so if anyone has ideas that would trickle into his current life, by all means throw your ideas at me!

Lovers: Since regaining his memory, Ben's professed his feelings for Ari (who is now a married man). He's pretty caught up in his feelings for Ari, however....when he was in Donegal, he developed feelings for one of his co-workers, Sean. Nothing happened between them, however I'm up for plotting if anyone wants to throw a wrench in BenAri tantics >D

kingsley pleiades wells
❧ 27 • mchb • ravenclaw class of '79 • rep: 7 • potion & plant healer @ st mungo's; activist ❧

Standing at 6ft tall, Kingsley is an awkward, loveable and occasionally scatterbrained healer at St. Mungo's. He's got an IQ through the roof, but unless you've known him for a long time, he doesn't enjoy flaunting that fact. He's down to earth and not one to spout out any emotion that he's thinking. He can prove to be an intimidating figure if need be, however he always feels the need to apologize afterwards. He rarely raises his voice in mixed company and has an awkward sense of humor.

Friends: REVS this is where y'all come in! His best friend is Jude Wright, so if you have a problem with Jude, you have a problem with King. Often at the meetings, his tall person can be seen folded into a chair and observing the scene through wire spectacles. He pitches in often when they talk about crowd control and events where there's a possibility for people to get hurt. He tends first and foremost to their members, and can be a good source of advice whenever needed. He's also chucked a fair amount of glasses of water at Kieran when he's gotten too drunk.

Co-workers: King is a good co-worker and gets along with a lot of people. Like I said, he doesn't like to flaunt his intelligence, but he can tend to prattle off statistics that might annoy people from time to time. I imagine that his close co-workers know he can be scatterbrained at times and forget where his glasses are. Like at home, he has a bad habit of summoning them to him, which tend to catch people in the eye, head, person, what-have-you.

Lovers: King isn't looking for anyone at the moment, but I'd love to get him in awkward situations with anyone! I personally feel his sexuality might swing more towards women, but I'm not opposed to hurling him at anyone!

mathilda rowena macfusty
❧ 20 • mchb • gryffindor class of '86 • rep: 8 • creature induced injuries healer @ hogsmeade hospital ❧

Being a MacFusty, Tilda's family is not unknown to the mass public; while the more talked about side of her family are her cousins, Tilda still has strong ties to them, and thus your character (if they are more traditional) might think that Tilda was raised practically wild. She's a strong-willed Gryffindor who isn't afraid of a fight, but has a heart of gold. She's wildly empathetic when it comes to animals, but isn't squeamish when it comes to human functions and healing.

Friends: Any friends Tilda has would most likely be from school. She was Prefect as well as Head Girl, so if your character attended Hogwarts within 1879-1886, they would probably have known about her, if not, interacted with her. Other known acquaintances would be those patients she's treated. She tries to keep to confidentiality, so unless a patient acknowledges her in public, she'd most likely act as if she doesn't know them.

Co-workers: She works at Hogsmeade Hospital at the moment in the Creature Induced Healing wing! If you have a healer / hospital worker that would know her, let's talk connections! She's personable, but again, if your character is rather traditional, then they might be cordial towards each other at best.

Lovers: While Tilda might not mind that she has remained single all these seasons, I would like to hurl her like no other, so send me your male hurls please!! Any and all who wouldn't be intimidated by her family name or her desire to work in healing.

Nothing to see here...
budge along,
budge along...

azazel
❧ 128 • wc vampire • rep: 2 • rogue vampire ❧
Have you ever met someone who can seem completely normal one moment, then completely unhinged the next? Did you have that sinking feeling that once left to their own devices, they'd willingly and unblinkingly play with and destroy everything in their path?

ENTER: AZAZEL

She's a vampire first and foremost, and she plays her part well. The world is her stage, and if you encounter her, consider yourself disposable. In terms of encounter with other characters, I'd like to see Azazel encounter other vampires in the area - she'd not be a pleasant encounter, but she'd have more fun making fun of people who think vampires and humans can live side by side. She thinks Vampires, though non-magic, are the ones who should be on top. She's irrational, she's frustrating, and she can turn on a dime when it comes to her emotions.

Friends: The girl doesn't really do friends. Anyone who has something resembling a positive feeling towards Azazel would potentially just want something from her; and she would want some thing in return. She's great fun when she wants to be, but only if you play by her rules. Unless she's hungry, she might just look at you as another annoying bystander. If you're food, then prepare to be played with before the bitter end.

Enemies: This, Zel would have in abundance, however most wouldn't know she's here in Hogsmeade - if you think you have an idea to make her face the consequences of her past actions, I am all for plotting!

Lovers: As stated above, Azazel doesn't usually do something unless it's for personal gain. She doesn't discriminate, but she doesn't really have any real romantic notions as of late.

[Image: xdMLee.jpg]
Let's see...

For Ben, I have @Clinton Podmore that's in the ministry. He's a few years younger than Ben but he was also a Slytherin. I could see them being on friendly-ish terms at the very least. Clint's a pretty easy going sort and a notorious flirt when it comes to pretty ladies. He's also pretty ambitious and point blank asked for his promotion to become Morwenna's Assistant Head in Magical Creatures.

@Fletcher Langley is several years younger and was a different house but he's worked at St. Mungo's in Potions and Plant Poisoning pretty much ever since graduating. He's now the HiC there so I'm sure they could/would know each other.

I have other dudes that could maybe work as friends of sorts but all are a couple years younger or in different houses sooo.. I'll just list them and if any strike a fancy, cool. If not, that's cool too. @Gideon Ollivander @James MacFusty

For Kingsley, I have Fletch who would be his boss! He's pretty easy to get along with so long as he does his job and does it well. Otherwise I doubt there'd be any real issues or anything there!

@Raymond Beasley is one of the revs! He's their backstreet boxer type and also bartends at the Augurey. He's pretty damn loyal to all the revs but he's lacking in book smarts and is strictly a street smarts type. He got the boot from school in the beginning of his second year.

For Tilda, I've got her cousin James, as you know. And he's very much the typical boisterous and loud MacFusty but he's more a lone wolf and isn't usually around people all that much.

We had the thread with her and Gideon that I'd be game to reviving or trying something new if you'd like!

But friend wise I have @Felicity Adlard @Magdalena Byrne @Vivienne Tilcott and @Zinnia Potts that are all close in age and all could really use friends!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fortuna Bixby's post:
   Tilda MacFusty

Another Glorious MJ Set!
[Image: xy6Q4W.png]
For Benedict:
@Victor North has been a healer for years, and is now Hospital Director, if you want a thread revolving around Ben going to the hospital in London. If in Hogsmeade, I have @Katerina Bass for poisons and potions healing. @Ace Lukeson doesn't directly work with him, but let the pranks come or some other chit-chat as they work together.

For Kingsley:
During summer @Goodluck Warbeck will likely visit his brother Marmaduke, who is a Rev. Perhaps he ends up chilling with Kingsley in the process? Summer is so far away, I know. Kingsley also works for Victor, and I would adore having some hospital threads. Want him to meet a woman who had been considered dead until very recently? @Guinevere Lukeson is a fellow resident of London. Awkward threads on the subject are welcome.

For Tilda:
@Regina Lacey is an on-again/off-again friend of Bella, so them having an awkward thread would be interesting. Tilda and Katerina are former class mates and current co-workers. I would love some threads with the two of them. Katerina might be a bit intimidated by her though.

For Azazel:
I don't think I'm looking to kill off any of my characters at the moment, but feel free to have her freak any of them out.

Magic by MJ!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last and probably least ——— Té's Networking Declan Wood 9 1,846 July 12, 2018 – 1:26 AM
Last Post: Declan Wood