Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

March/April Read: "The Magicians" by Lev Grossman
Hi friends! I'm in a book club on Goodreads that operates more or less exactly like we'd always intended Charming book club to operate. We all decide on a book, read it at our own pace, and then post in the appropriate thread with our comments. We have one thread for "In Progress" thoughts, with chapter labels and spoiler tags, and a second for when folks finish. I already coerced/invited Olive to join, but I'm extending the invitation to any other Charming folks who might feel so inclined as well because of the book we're reading next!

If you're not familiar, The Magicians is the first in a book series that's been out for a long time and has recently been made into a show on the SciFi channel. The premise is sort of a mash-up of Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia, with a much more adult/darker twist than your typical YA. It seemed like the sort of book that might appeal to the Charming crowd, so if you're interested in reading it and discussing it with a bunch of other people who are also reading it, give me a shout and I can induct you into our little book club.

(when I say "little," we have seven members but are growing slowly but steadily, my bff/college roommate started the club, we read more or less a book a month but sometimes take months off, and it's super laid back. And if you join and it's not your thing, you can leave).

The following 2 users Like Ophelia Devine's post:
   Benedict Sterling, Nora Abercrombie
I have the book on a shelf two feet away from me and love the show but don't love strangers D:

Youuu should start up a thread for the book here once I finally write up thread frameworks too Wink

The following 1 user Likes Maeve Connolly's post:
   Benedict Sterling

#PrettiesByMJ
There are seven people total and two of them are me and Olive. :P Get enough Charming folks to join and we'll outnumber my RL friends.

(Also they're super chill)

FINE.

I'll do it. >.>

The following 2 users Like Aldous Crouch's post:
   Benedict Sterling, Ophelia Devine

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
Sign me up! I believe we're already friends on goodreads. I have yet to finish the series Kayte recommended but i can put it on hold for a smidge!

The following 1 user Likes Fortuna Bixby's post:
   Ophelia Devine

Another Glorious MJ Set!
[Image: xy6Q4W.png]
I've attempted to read this once now, so I guess I can try it again Smile. Sign me up.

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3
(March 16, 2018 – 4:24 PM)Sisse Thompsett Wrote:  I've attempted to read this once now, so I guess I can try it again Smile. Sign me up.

Can do! We need to be friends on Goodreads, first, though. You can add me as a friend here!

I HAVE OBTAINED A COPY! [Image: diva_pose_by_mirz123-d43r9jh.png]

The following 2 users Like Ursula Black's post:
   Declan Wood, Ophelia Devine

(March 18, 2018 – 2:51 AM)Ophelia Dippet Wrote:  
(March 16, 2018 – 4:24 PM)Sisse Thompsett Wrote:  I've attempted to read this once now, so I guess I can try it again Smile. Sign me up.

Can do! We need to be friends on Goodreads, first, though. You can add me as a friend here!

I need to remember my login, then I will gladly.

[Image: 1wsKcIW.jpg]
Pretties from Lady <3
(March 18, 2018 – 3:58 AM)Ursula Black Wrote:  I HAVE OBTAINED A COPY! [Image: diva_pose_by_mirz123-d43r9jh.png]

Same, thanks to Kayte! I haven't started it yet but I've just finished my current book so it is upon the immediate list. :D

The following 1 user Likes Declan Wood's post:
   Ophelia Devine
I will join! I have a copy that I borrowed from a friend and never gave back and will add y'all on Goodreads!

The following 1 user Likes Benedict Sterling's post:
   Ophelia Devine

[Image: WEY2zhj.jpeg]
So I am a few chapters in and am struggling to enjoy it so far. Please tell me it picks up and gets better.

I'm with Te on this one. Please say there is light at the end of the tunnel?

[Image: vgR1rM.png]
BEE-utiful set!
[Image: bCBJMyB.png]
*hysterical weeping laughter*

I am literally 100 pages in and have been for...two weeks?

I want to like it because I LOVE the show, but at best it's been okay. Also can Quentin die? I like him about as much as I did Book Six Harry.

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
So I gave up on reading this book. Maybe I'll watch the show first to try to get into it. >.>

The following 1 user Likes Declan Wood's post:
   Aldous Crouch

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
View a Printable Version