Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
It’s quite unusual for a caster's patronus to be their favourite animal, but very possible that it will take the shape of a creature they’ve never before seen or heard of. — Amy
As he fell, Ford recalled the trials of Gulliver during his interactions with the Lilliputians.
Potato Wars

May Day Party
AKA International Worker's Day, because in this bar we combine our parties, and labour picked May 1 for it in 1886.

On May 1, there will be a Diagon Alley street fair to celebrate May Day! The Revs - (who organized, hello) - are going to set up a street pole to crown the Queen of May, who will be adorned with a flower crown. Because this is Scotland, (hello Beltante), this will be done at night, with magical firework designs, fire dancers, and a lot of fanfare.

This event is aimed at the working class and middle class characters who work. The organizers are working or middle class, and while it's free they also hate rich people and everyone knows it, so this is not an event your UC characters would necessarily want to be at. (Expect rumors if they do show up~)

We are in the market for a Queen of May, HMU. Candidates should be either familiar with a rev or willing to be, and WCAB. I will be picking mostly at random once we have an assortment of characters ^^

Cheap food, cheap alcohol, lots of flowers and lots of red. Lots of festivities for kiddos, too, we will be playing croquet and pin the tail on the banker hippogriff, and Revs will provide some light free childcare.

What else? In addition to Revs handing out pamphlets on the 8-hour work day - thank you, labour! - there will be flower baskets available to be dropped at the house of your neighbors, crushes and (arguably) enemies for the low low price of 3 knuts. (Proceeds to go to charitable endeavors, like providing support to families in need in the community.)

We will be flouncing through the streets tossing flower crowns. Some of these flowers, in baskets or tossed, have magical effects:
* a crown of red roses makes your character smell extra-enticing to the opposite sex
* a crown of orange/coral roses makes your character extra horny
* a mimosa flower crown or basket makes your character become extra non-enticing to the opposite sex
* the black rose, a symbol of death/destruction, actually doesn't do anything. but mail it to your enemies, it'll probably freak them out

Hey, Church of Magical Jesus folx! May Day was originally a popular Marian celebration so Revs will be specifically sending mailers to you all and part of the morning's festivities will be a march through the street with images of the Virgin Mary in flower crowns.

MJ made this!
Have an Elinor and a Becky wheeeeee. The former as a general "she'll be there" and the latter as a "use her as you will"

MJ never ceases to impress ♡ —
*froths at the mouth*

Formally putting forward Betsy for May Queen and God bless you for all of this!

The following 1 user Likes Elladora Black's post:
   Baxter Keene

Elladora-Sig
fabulous set by Lady <3
Offering @"Dionisia Tweedy" for Queen of May.

Simeon Graves will be there doing... things. I'm not sure yet. If anyone wants threads re: flower effects, hmu Wink

MJ is MAGICAL
Raymond Beasley will be there but insists on slinging drinks!

@"Magdalena Backus" will probably come. She'll technically have eloped/be mc but it won't be publicly known until the 3rd. If you need more names for the hat, you can toss her in but totally not necessary either.

Another Glorious MJ Set!
[Image: xy6Q4W.png]
We are totally sharing a brain because I had plans to do something like this as an event once the May thread was up but had no one to actually throw it

Lock will be in attendance. I've got no one for May Day Queen but I think there should be a junior version crowned in the afternoon (Fairy Queen or something idk) for girls under 16/whatever our definition of children is. And that should be Margaery Lockhart Wink Because she'd look cute as hell in a flower crown and some magical fairy wings and Lock would be THE PROUDEST PAPA.

(Also @"Fortuna Lockhart", wanna come along?)

The following 1 user Likes Ophelia Devine's post:
   Fortuna Bixby
Yasmina is SO there. I'll throw her in for May Day Queen too if she's applicable because why not :P

The following 1 user Likes Ursula Black's post:
   Cassius Lestrange

For those of you who asked I'll be picking out of a hat!

Also of mine, Kieran and Miriam will both obviously be there ^^

MJ made this!
@"Caroline Delaney" has been chilling in London and totally would go. She could stumble into the revs before if you need her to throw in for may queen, if not she's just going for the adventure because #american.

Rufus Bixby will totally be there cause he loves a good party. And I'm sure someone (Felicity Adlard ) can drag @"Percival Adlard Jr." to the festivities.

[Image: pz52Pi2.png]
Thank you Bee <3 Your magic has made Sisse bloom
I offer Pauline Woodcroft up for queen tribute. I swear Imma gonna make Pauline before then.

[Image: pk3jwA.png]
Offering up Amelia for this!

The following 2 users Like Amelia Evans's post:
   Baxter Keene, Cassius Lestrange

[Image: gvM7opq.png]
Benevolence will be selling magical May Day posies, which will either humm a hymn to Mary, if you are religious , or a popular tune if they arnt especially religious.

[Image: wl0I79B.jpg]
Lady is a wonder
[Image: preg.png]
Gerard will be there!(and you can bet he'll be using his less than great dancing skills/blabbering about magical instruments)

I give ye @'Eavan MacKay' for a May Day Queen if ya like. Leeny will be there obviously but not super into it because she's actually a cranky ass old man in a tiny female body. The flower baskets can be from the Potts' shop if you like! Gemma Simpson may be floating around.

Also Rue is not amused that her husband would rather take his sister than his wife. She'll be taking the children regardless :P

Oh Quin's around too if you need him.

[Image: Elsie-MJSig.png]
MJ always makes her so pretty
Aster Langloire will be there!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
View a Printable Version