Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
Secret Swap Gifts 2022
Swap Gifts 2022

A very merry holiday season to all my Charming fam! To you I present the 2022 Secret Swap!

To Bree from Dante!
To Bree!
Merry Christmas! Hope it's very merry and wonderful!

My gift is to celebrate one half of my favourite ship! I'll also adopt a plot based character of thy choosing to facilitate your highjinks.

[Image: 9WBpnOW.png]

Lots of Love my darling!

To Kayte from Lynn!
Muse Reads
a curated collection for kayte

Happy Holidays darling! Since I know you are a Voracious Reader ™, I decided to make a "playlist" for you... featuring books instead of music! All of these are set in/around the Victorian era and are either books I've read or ones that I'd be willing to read with you if you want to banter about them :) The ones I've already read are marked with * after the author. Merry Bookmas!
Balthazar UrquartBIRD by Tami EgonuListen, I know he's not active but this book sounds fabulous and deals with a interracial marriage facing period racism and also some plot point involving the supernatural. I don't know which flavor of supernatural but I like most flavors, so.
Blythe FairchildThe Alienist by Caleb Carr *One of the characters is a police secretary and she's pretty great! Also, serial killer/disappearances/crime shenanigans.
Clementine GreengrassThe Dictionary of Lost Words by Pip Williams *The main character is a pseudo-scholar, working on the Oxford English Dictionary despite not having been through upper education, and there are lots of #feminism themes/events/etc.
Divona DodderidgeLast Request: A Victorian Gothic by Jeff ChapmanYoung Anna takes her uncle’s last request to have his head cut off after death quite seriously, but in the performance of the act something goes wrong. I don't know why I attached this to Divona except that she seems like the sort who might take a hacksaw to a corpse's neck by request.
Euphemia Forsyte (& Evelyn Abercrombie)School of Ladies - The Debutantes by Ennie SmithIt is a School of Ladies. Actually from the description it appear to be at least part romance novel but has a bunch of protagonists who are connected through their finishing school (?) so it seems appropriately thematic.
Eudora KingThese Vicious Masks by Tarun ShankerA young woman who is 'bored of society' has criminal-adjacent misadventures, with a missing sister and strange magic.
Hamish DarrowJonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Suzanna Clarke *I was going to find a way to put this book on the list somehow because it's one of my favorites >>; None of the characters in this book are particularly Hamish-y BUT! it does have some very neat references to real-world historical events told through a ~magic lens, so might provide interesting ideas for his classes.
Richard EvermoreMr. Blackwood's Fabularium by Stephen LycettThe protagonist is in debt and decides to collect stories from people Canterbury-Tales style in order to sell those stories anonymously for profit, which sounds like A Time.

To Lady from Gin!
Hi Lady, Happy Holidays to you and yours<3 I'm really glad we got to thread this year and I'm excited for things yet to come. I hope you enjoy your gifts~

[Image: rhZGr2p.png]

(And if you want the combined picture of Chai & Orion)

To Lynn from Beanie!
Hi Lynn! I love you so so much - here are my gifts to you:
1. One (1) permanent adoptable character (ideally give me options??)
2. Ten hours of rapid-fire to be broken up (or not) as you choose!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
XOXO,
BEAN

To Nolie from MJ!
Nolie! <3 Has it really only been a year since you joined us? That seems wild because you are such a great part of the board and I simply couldn't imagine Charming without you! I have been delighted by every thread we've had together and enjoy stalking the adventures of your wonderful bunch, and wish I'd had time to do more for SS this year, but:

Have a set for Maxwell (DM me to add sig lyrics!) aaand when I have more time in the new year, please also hit me up for...
— 1x moodboard for a character of your choice
— 3x priority threads where replies for you will go to the top of my list <3

[Image: f9vicPG.png]

[Image: xWmNwvn.png] [Image: 62B5EIX.png]

Lots of love and happy holidays!!

To Dante from Kit!
For Dante!
Happy holidays, Dante! Along with this moodboard for one of my favorite Dante characters, I am promising up to 5 sure fire rapid fire dates of your choosing. I will do my best to schedule my time around the date and times that YOU choose!

Code:
https://*****.host/Caj2Dq.png

To MJ from Fox!
Darling MJ! DUN DUN DUN - It was me. I swear this was not planned, lol.

I have to confess, while I decided to do a few drabbles for you before I got my assignment just because Poppy was so musey, getting you was just an extra special bonus that turned into a 12-present challenge! Here is the next installment of your Secret Swap! The 12 Gifts of MJ: presents 6-7 <3 I hope you're enjoying them and stay tuned for the remainder in the coming weeks/days!

Kroppy Moodboard

P.S. You'll find the second part in the usual place ;)

To Stefanie from Fallin!
Dear Stef!

Happy Holidays! We don't get to thread much so I was a bit selfish with your gift. Looking forward to threading with you in the new year!

[Image: Cj3ZEm.png]

To Kit from Lady!
[Image: CjjLUA.png]
Code:
https://nickpic.host/album/kit-secret-swap.8zuGY

To Fallin from Nolie!
For Fallin:
Happy Holidays darling! I had a ton of fun building this Pinterest Board for Sisse Thompsett,
hope you enjoy this and a lil coupon 'helping hand' for our future adventures!
[Image: CjlmRJ.png]

To Gin from Stefanie!
Happy Holidays Gin~! <3

I am SO glad that over the last year we've become as close as we have! I hope that with the next year we can become even closer, and that when #life gets better we can thread out all of the things we talk about on discord since I absolutely adore you and all your characters to bits!

A chilly snow set felt fitting for the ice queen herself ;) DM me with any additions and changes you want my love <3

[Image: Cj6SV8.png]
[Image: CjgyMb.gif]

To Beanie from Kayte!
Sabina, my flower my angel,

You are the best:
  • Son
  • Husband
  • Brother
  • Bestie
  • Co-worker
  • Sister
  • Crush
  • Mother's hope for her daughter's future husband

that a gal could hope for (even if you didn't come visit me...). Thank you for countless years of sass, commiseration, creativity, and ridiculousness! My life would be altogether bleaker without you <3

Wishing you the absolute merriest of Christmases and a 2023 in which you consistently maintain your will to live <3

To Fox from Bree!
Dear Fox,

I remember when you first joined, and although I haven't been super active during the duration of your time here with us at Charming, I love seeing how you've developed your characters and grown as a member. I firmly believe that 2023 is our time—I can't wait to explore all of our potential connections with you!

Here's a moodboard I made for Poppy!

Because these beauties should be shared and I wanted to say thank you again to Gin and Kit for the bonus gifts <3 also not featured a Skeetington playlist that I treasure!

a Gin-made Lila/Mason moodboard:
[Image: CsWbA1.gif]
and a MacMander moodbard a la Kit:
[Image: CaleuW.png]

The following 5 users Like Daffodil Grimstone's post:
   Barnabas Beck, Clarissa Cosgrove, Gus Lissington, Ida Chang, Poppy Dashwood

[Image: Daff-Sig-Spring24.png]
Aw Nolie, this is absolutely amazing! You have spoiled me so much. <3 Thank you darling.

The following 3 users Like Sisse Thompsett's post:
   Basil Foxwood, Daffodil Grimstone, Ida Chang

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3
Quote:
To Fox from Bree!
Dear Fox,

I remember when you first joined, and although I haven't been super active during the duration of your time here with us at Charming, I love seeing how you've developed your characters and grown as a member. I firmly believe that 2023 is our time—I can't wait to explore all of our potential connections with you!

Here's a moodboard I made for Poppy!

AHHHHHHH BREEEEEEEE <3 I LOVE IT! You nailed her so perfectly, the colors and everything! Thank you so much, it's lovely! I can't wait for our future plotty shenanigans! 2023 WILL be our year!!! Raphael Malfoy

The following 1 user Likes Poppy Dashwood's post:
   Daffodil Grimstone

© Fox
Omg Bean, gift that keeps on giving <3 you are a treasure and I adore you <3

The following 2 users Like Fortitude Greengrass's post:
   Daffodil Grimstone, Zelda Darrow

Set by Lady!
Steffff <3 thank you soooo much! It’s beautiful and I’m excited to put it up. The snow is perfect. You’re perfection. Love you ❤️

The following 3 users Like Gus Lissington's post:
   Barnabas Beck, Basil Foxwood, Daffodil Grimstone

[Image: UkiVTG8.png]
Oh my godddd MJ! This set is absolutely perfect for Max, I’m so excited to put it up! <3 Love you to bitsss, can’t wait for our shenanigans next year <3

The following 5 users Like Ida Chang's post:
   Barnabas Beck, Basil Foxwood, Daffodil Grimstone, Elias Grimstone, Gus Lissington

[Image: IDA-SIG-STEFMIX.png]
stefanie made this beautiful set <3
Falllllinnnn <333 Thank you so much! I am absolutely looking forward to using these up once I am able to be more active on the site. <3 I'm excited to see what kind of connections we can make!

The following 4 users Like Barnabas Beck's post:
   Basil Foxwood, Daffodil Grimstone, Gus Lissington, Sisse Thompsett

[Please feel free to punch, cut, maim, etc. Barbie at your leisure! Death is the only thing off the table. <3]
[Image: Da38cSR.gif]
Ginnnn these are just *chefskiss* thank you so much!!! I've enjoyed all of our threads and am sooo excited for our plans in the coming year >DDD You are a gem!! <3

The following 2 users Like Malice Wakefield's post:
   Daffodil Grimstone, Gus Lissington

[Image: epI2z6F.jpg]
Eyy, Lady out here spoiling the fuck out of Aristide. I love them <3

The following 2 users Like Clarissa Cosgrove's post:
   Daffodil Grimstone, Malice Wakefield

set by Lady!

FOX. FOXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. OH MY GOD. Please know that never has anyone gone so wildly overboard with gifts for me as you have, what did I ever do to deserve all this?!?!?! <333333 Ugh I love you, love the moodboard, and I have a LOT of feelings about that latest drabble and I will yell at you in more detail about every bit of it tomorrow. Have the happiest of holidays, you've made my whole entire month <3

The following 3 users Like Elias Grimstone's post:
   Basil Foxwood, Daffodil Grimstone, Sisse Thompsett

look ANOTHER beautiful bee!set <3
KATHRYN TYSM <3 <3 MERRY CHRISTMAS

The following 2 users Like Cassius Lestrange's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Daffodil Grimstone

MJ made this!
Ohhh kit!!! Thank you!! Maddies new mood board is stunning!!!

And rapid fire dates are always wanted!!! <3

Marry Christmas Charmers! Hope it’s happy and healthy everywhere!

The following 1 user Likes Merida Greyback's post:
   Daffodil Grimstone

[Image: 6jslCZa.png]
Late to the party, but OMG Lynn, this is the best sort of playlist!!

The following 2 users Like Aldous Crouch's post:
   Daffodil Grimstone, Fortitude Greengrass

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Madeleine Backus
December 27, 2023 – 7:21 PM
Last Post by Morpheus Carrow
December 7, 2023 – 5:05 PM
Last Post by Aldous Crouch
December 28, 2022 – 2:04 PM
Last Post by Beryl Wixeldorf
December 6, 2022 – 9:03 PM