Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
It’s quite unusual for a caster's patronus to be their favourite animal, but very possible that it will take the shape of a creature they’ve never before seen or heard of. — Amy
As he fell, Ford recalled the trials of Gulliver during his interactions with the Lilliputians.
Potato Wars

Private
He is half of my soul, as the poets say
September 23rd, 1893 — Ari's House
Aristide had been in a self-imposed kind of seclusion since the moment he had been able to return home from London after the attacks. He was in misery, drinking more than he usually did and erupting in fits of anger. Mostly, he lay in his bed and wished the world around him would just stop turning. He was vaguely aware of Adrienne's occasional presence but even his twin, the moon to his sun, could not rouse him from his deep, dark misery.

The housekeeper he employed set that days Daily Prophet next to the meal his cook had made for him. He had barely been eating, only picking a bit here and there. He opened the newspaper and read over the names of the deaths. Such careful detail given to various people. And then there was his name, a surge of anger filled him.

He had given more detail than this. He had been badgered by a reporter for more information than this. Yet none of it was used. Asa Scabior was reduced to his name, age and city. Nothing more. He had deserved more. He tore the paper to shreds, breathing heavily as anger surged through every part of his system. He never had been a wrathful type, rarely having gotten angry in his nineteen years of life. It felt unfamiliar but at the same time, it was all he had known since the moment the world had seen fit to take Asa from him.
Adrienne Lestrange

italics means Aristide is speaking French

set by Lady!

Messages In This Thread
He is half of my soul, as the poets say - by Aristide Selwyn - September 24, 2023 – 3:59 AM
RE: He is half of my soul, as the poets say - by Adrienne Lestrange - October 5, 2023 – 5:12 AM
RE: He is half of my soul, as the poets say - by Aristide Selwyn - November 4, 2023 – 5:10 PM
RE: He is half of my soul, as the poets say - by Adrienne Lestrange - December 11, 2023 – 2:32 AM
RE: He is half of my soul, as the poets say - by Aristide Selwyn - December 17, 2023 – 1:07 AM
RE: He is half of my soul, as the poets say - by Adrienne Lestrange - January 19, 2024 – 7:45 AM
RE: He is half of my soul, as the poets say - by Aristide Selwyn - January 31, 2024 – 3:27 AM
RE: He is half of my soul, as the poets say - by Adrienne Lestrange - March 6, 2024 – 5:31 AM
RE: He is half of my soul, as the poets say - by Aristide Selwyn - March 29, 2024 – 5:29 AM
RE: He is half of my soul, as the poets say - by Adrienne Lestrange - May 24, 2024 – 6:25 PM
RE: He is half of my soul, as the poets say - by Aristide Selwyn - May 30, 2024 – 10:22 PM
Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Alvin Bixby
July 31, 2023 – 7:08 PM
View a Printable Version