Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
It’s quite unusual for a caster's patronus to be their favourite animal, but very possible that it will take the shape of a creature they’ve never before seen or heard of. — Amy
As he fell, Ford recalled the trials of Gulliver during his interactions with the Lilliputians.
Potato Wars

Private
The Tea Has Spilled

2nd September, 1893

Dearest Mother,

True to my word, I write before even breakfast this morning, and hope the school owl will carry my message to you on swift wings.

I will not bore you with the details of my arrival at Hogwarts et cetera as I know that, while new to me, it is something you have already experienced. I will let you know that Cousin Algy was sorted into [house], Forsythia into [house], and that the Sorting Hat decided to place me in Gryffindor. I am not yet certain how I feel about this placement, as I had always hoped to be a clever Ravenclaw or an ambitious Slytherin like you and Father, but I suppose I shall take the decision with grace.

Unlike some.

There are, in my year, four Misses Valenduris, and others in the school (one is a prefect in my house). The last of them to be sorted was so displeased with her own sorting (Ravenclaw; wholly respectable!) that she threw a complete and utter tantrum, right there, before the entire populous of the school! Oh, she screamed and stamped her feet about and I daresay tried to rip the Sorting Hat apart, and it was only when her sister, the Miss Valenduris from my house, and the deputy headmaster (Professor Valenduris; if she is still at the school today, I expect it will be her connection to him that spares her from any meaningful punishment, of course!) had to drag her kicking and screaming from the great hall! She bandied about a great deal of obscenities, and I think even threatened to burn the castle to the ground, but I am beginning to think she is too delicate in her nature to be able to accomplish much of anything.

(I do not, I assure you, fear for my safety in the slightest.)

I hope that you and Father and my sister and brothers are well, and that Grandfather's condition has not worsened. I shall write again next week, after I have attended some of my classes.

With duty and affection,
Pippa Philippa
Alexandra Rowle

The following 3 users Like Philippa Rowle's post:
   Alexandra Rowle [Sofia], Basil Foxwood, Edwin Rowle

[Image: 67VMrbz.png]
signature by mj ♡ —

3rd of September, 1893
My Dearest Philippa ,

Thank you for keeping true to your promise and writing straight away, my darling. It is lady-like to keep one's promises and to be devoted to your family.

I confess that I was surprised to hear you were sorted into Gryffindor, for I had always envisioned you more of a Slytherin, like myself and your Father. In any case, while at Hogwarts it is perhaps beneficial to engage in some healthy House rivalry, for that is motivation to do well at school and win House Points for your own House, it is silly to be thinking of my old House's rivalry with yours at my age! I only hope that you will not be too reckless and instead display the more quiet and tasteful courage that Gryffindors are capable of. I have no doubt that this will be the case, for you have been raised well.

I was shocked to read about this Valenduris girl! My dear, we must pity her, for she is clearly not well in the head, displaying bouts of hysteria at such a young age. I know that the Valendurises are a family of our circle, but I would suggest you keep your distance from those girls, if they are behaving like that. I suppose, that is what happens when a child is born to a family that is so quite out of the ordinary as theirs.

Your Deputy Headmaster is of course a very respectable wizard who has done a great deal for the field of potion making, but you see, my dear, and that is something that is perhaps a bit of knowledge that is mature for your age, but I believe it is time to learn some things about the world: there is a certain age at which men and women are at their prime to make children. This is why we want ladies to be married young, for while a woman can have children even in her forties, there is high chance that they will be sickly. Similarly, while men can have children at an older age than us women, you must know that after an age it becomes a harder task even for them and if they must implore assistance to perform their marital duties, then you can imagine that their children have a high chance to be sickly.

That is why I would never have accepted to betroth you to someone much older than you. Indeed, the age gap between you and Mr. Urquart is ideal, for you to produce children that are healthy.

Do not discuss the things I have written to you here with your peers, for as I've told you, it is information that demands a level of maturity.

Do tell me if you have made any friends at your House and how your first classes went. Remember, my dear Philippa, that you do not have to necessarily like a person to be their friend, you must judge them for their overall usefulness in your life.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Alexandra Rowle

The following 2 users Like Alexandra Rowle [Sofia]'s post:
   Aldous Crouch, Basil Foxwood

View a Printable Version