Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Hogwarts Rumor Mill
    This is a staff run member submitted thread that will post anonymous rumors regarding those at Hogwarts. These may or may not be true and members are welcome to submit their own, but they must have to do with their own characters. Characters who deserve a number one punishment in the tables presented here will get a rumor written about them without their consent which will be posted in this Rumor Mill. This thread is generally for those only at Hogwarts to have heard of. Want to submit a thread? Check this out!

If you want a rumor posted, PM this account with your rumor. Rumors are presumed to have begun being spread the same day that they are posted.
    Two of the first year Gryffindor boys apparently set fire to their dorm room. The prefects got it all fixed, but they gave Kenton Gallivan and Benji Lee detentions for two weeks straight!
    Eli Swan's eye is still swollen! His duel was almost two weeks ago. I heard someone say he can't see out of that eye, either. Do you think it'll ever heal?
    After the Quidditch match yesterday, Harrison Primpernelle and Jesse Hatchitt got into a brawl outside the locker room. I hear they're both pretty beaten up--and they've got a week of detentions from Professor Swift!
    I heard some non-prefects have the password to the prefects bathroom and have been using it. Headmaster Black put an anti-trespassing charm on it, just in case. He also is said to have put a gender sensing charm on it so that it will not allow a male to enter if a female is already inside, and vice verse.
    Mr. Eli Swan wasn't in classes today. Someone said he ran away on New Year's Eve. What do you think happened to him?
    Noelle Selwyn has been seen cavorting with boys unchaperoned in the corridors.
    Have you noticed how much time Cash Lestrange and Angie Sinnet have been spending together? Could it be love?
    Did you see how Fflur Hopkins dragged Yarrow Macnair around the castle? Macnair definitely seemed rather dizzy.
    Stella Borgin was not in class today--and her things are gone from the dormitory! I wonder what could have happened?
    I heard the Swan boy is alive, but apparently he's not coming back to school. I wonder what happened? Someone said he's been touched in the head, can't think any more.
    Harrison Primpernelle has been acting so strange- -I can't blame him, with that stuff about his sister. But I heard he and his girl, Miss Sheehan, were both checked into the hospital wing, and they're not out yet. What's going on?
    • Did you hear? Miss Laoise Simpson was seen kissing that Hufflepuff that's always sick, Mr. Valour Rutledge. What a tart, he's betrothed to Miss Slughorn!
    I can't believe you haven't heard! Lisbeth Fitzpatrick and Monty Lawrence were sitting extremely close in the library - really, really close. I even heard that they were touching each other, and one of the Hufflepuff prefects took away points!
    Did you see Mr. Ignatius Wilde carrying Miss Tullia - Cornelia - Lestrange to the Hospital wing yesterday? She looked extremely put out! I wonder what could have happened...
    I heard none other than Miss Elsie Beauregard was missing for three whole days with one of our favorite quidditch captains? Think it was the fair curse? Maybe her brother's death is hitting her harder than expected? Who knows, but three days is a long time to be missing...

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      The Rumor Mill Rumor Mill 25 4,007 01-07-2018, 03:58 PM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill
      The [OLD] Rumor Mill Guest 173 62,313 06-22-2017, 02:41 PM
    Last Post: Rumor Mill
      Hogwarts Bans Halfbreeds Daily Prophet 0 620 05-30-2017, 01:45 PM
    Last Post: Daily Prophet