Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Bee's Networking!
    Open Thread 
    Player Name Bee
    Contact: reply here, PM on this account if necessary, shout for my messengers Bee remembered you can't add her on AIM until she adds you XD

SHIP SHEET OF LOVE
    aka how my peeps get along with yours, please let me know what to add!

The Short List

These guys don't need anything per se, but I still want to include them as a reference!

Elsie Beauregard ★★★★★
    • 21 | MCHB | Junior Librarian, Crowdy Memorial Library | Gryff Class of '84 | Complicated/"Hurlable"
    • Can always use friends!
    • Also always down for added boy!drama!

Gemma Simpson ★★★★★
    • 19 | MCHB | Gryff Class of '86 | Apprentice Herbologist | Unattached
    • ALWAYS open for more friends!

Everybody else can be found on the CML or in my Post Logs. GET AT ME!! <3
    words cannot describe this set by Stef ♥
    [Image: oTMsdz.gif]
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    The Gents

MIDDLE CLASS

Jesse Hatchitt
    22 | RAVVIE CLASS of '83 | MCHB
    AMRS
    ★★★★
    Jess is a recently-retired, recently-eloped Ravenclaw graduate who should have some flippin' bros hanging around somewhere. He was a bit of an arrogant, charismatic, playboy during his time at school, known for getting in fights and that jazz. However he's mellowed out immensely after graduating, playing for the Kestrels and then the Howlers professionally. He retired in October of 1885 to take up a job at the Ministry on the Accidental Magical Reversal Squad so he could support his wife, Marianne (née Burdon) after they eloped. The Ravenclaw in him is rather bright and he's good with Charms and Transfiguration. I would like to get to know his co-workers and not just the ones in his department! I'm also always about accidental magic incidents that Jess has to clean up!

The guy desperately needs bros like badly. There have to be some dudes around his age that would like to razz him about eloping at 20! Any class/blood!

Mason Skeeter
    30 | PUFF CLASS of '75 | MCHB
    HERBOLOGY PROFESSOR
    ★★★★★

In school, Mason was a true Hufflepuff, a good friend, prefect and all around reliable guy. It wasn't until he got his heart broken a couple of years after graduation that he turned into this awkward, solitary mess. He is still all of those things, but a little less open about it. He is supremely awkward around girls now, but he wouldn't have been quite so bad in school. Basically Mason needs some guy friends, hopefully who knew him in school, who will force him to be social.

BROS BROS BROS

Quincey Honeyduke
    30 | PUFF CLASS of '75 | MCMB
    OWNER HONEYDUKE'S SWEETSHOP
    ★★★★★

Quin was a pretty outgoing guy in school and still is! He would have friends from any class/house as long as they aren't purists/classist. His major drawback? He's a bit of a workaholic who rarely gets out of the shop, also, he's muggleborn.  He is immensely personable and a good time, once you pry him from the shop. He needs some guy mates to balance out his almost all-female staff.

BROS BROS BROS please for the love of Merlin he needs guy friends.

Nemo Fisk
    21 | PUFF CLASS of '84 | MCHB
    MUGGLE LIAISON OFFICE
    ★★★★★

Nemo is an adorable little hermit and I would very much like for him to come out of his shell a little bit now. He needs friends around his age probably from school, and house/blood don't matter. He can be a bit of an awkward turtle, but nowhere nearly as bad as Mason. He opens right up once you get to know him. He'll also probably know fellow ministry employees around his age. Help Nemo at work!

Fisks get at me for fam relationships, I wanna know how everybody gets on!

As for the ladies, throw them at him. The more I can embarrass him the better! He's obviously way too young to actually  hurl, but hey, I'm always down for the drams. ;)

UPPER CLASS

Sydney Podmore
    36 | SLYTH CLASS of '69 | UCHB
    ASST HEAD CREATURE-INDUCED INJURIES
    ST. MUNGO'S
    ★★★★★

Syd, Syd, Syd. Syd is very career-driven right now. He's social when he needs to be and is often urged by his mother to attend events (and by urged I mean dragged). He's charismatic and easy to talk to, but is also pretty guarded when it comes to women, preferring to keep things superficial and light after having a courtship broken in his past. He needs bros/former classmates around his age and colleagues (he's friends with Baxter in my head #so). He is hurlable, but I would like to do everything IC, I'm attempting to chuck in him open threads, but if you  have a possibility, hit me up!  

Wesley Cavanaugh
    35 | SLYTH CLASS of '71 | UCHB
    HEAD OF DMGaS
    ★★★★★

Wes is a bit of a train wreck even though he shouldn't be. He's very happily  married with a young daughter, Tulip; has his dream job; but an old quidditch injury has been resurrected a few times to the point where he is in chronic pain. He's getting a little addicted to his pain potions and his healers suggest he start using a wheel chair, which he refuses to do. He's spiraling downward and I want it to be a MESS.

SO friends/old classmates or co-workers/employees that will recognize his struggle, despite his best efforts to pretend otherwise. Wes kind of needs more dude friends in general, halp!

Eugene Scamander
    34 | PUFF CLASS of '71 | UCPB
    HEAD OF THE MISUSE OF MUGGLE
    ARTIFACTS OFFICE
    ★★★★★

I don't want to talk about my issues with the class of '71 okay Eugene is a very liberal pureblood whose wife breeds hippogriffs. He currently heads the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts office and may also be know for his campaign in the 1884 election. Though he lost, he also welcomed a daughter that year! He and his wife have two girls and will eventually have Theseus and Newt, but he could use some guy friends! Probably of a similar stock married with kids an not purists, also his fellow ministry workers welcome! Also please go work for him, he doesn't have any employees!

Phineas Black
    39 | SLYTH CLASS of '66 | UCPB
    HOGWARTS HEADMASTER
    ★★★★★

Phineas N. Black, Hogwarts' Least Popular Headmaster ™ and he likes it that way. He and his wife Ursula, have a somewhat strained marriage, though they have several children. Frankly, she irks him on a good day and downright annoys him on a bad one. It's probably why he spends most of his time locked up in his office trying to keep the Hussies at bay.

Still he could use some other traditional, purist UCPB men around his age, or otherwise influential UCPB men from good families. I would be open to an emotional affair on Phinny's part, but he despises dishonesty and therefore will not actually be unfaithful to Ursula even if she won't give him the same courtesy. However it would have to be someone really special.

Leon Lupin
    32 | SLYTH CLASS of '73 | UCPB
    SHIPPING ENTREPRENEUR
    SILENT PARTNER, THE PAINTED LADY
    ★★★★

Leon is... a simple man with a complicated history. Not really, he's a lazy purist, because typically it's easier that way. He's friends with Thom Pettigrew and August Echelon-Arnost. He likes to booze and whore on the down-low. He was once married to Elsbeth Echelon-Arnost in a sham marriage to cover up her out-of-wedlock baby, who he goes along with as his own heir. He and Tessa Van Patten, mistress of the Painted Lady, also have a bastard son together.

Really he doesn't have all that much to complain about, besides the face that his ex-wife is a little crazy. He could use some business contacts and they don't necessarily have to be legal either. UCPB/HB friends that would run in the same circles, he's pretty lackadaisical about things like that and just kind of floats from place to place.

He will have an adoptable plottable coming soon! He is otherwise open to hurls and flings though has no immediate plans to remarry. He's not super picky on the flings part, as long as they're easy on the eyes. Proper hurls would have to be UCPB/HB and from a reasonably good family, but meh other than that hahaha.

Claude Lestrange
    29 | RAVVIE CLASS of '77 | UCPB
    EXPERIMENTAL CHARMS
    ★★★★★

Claude is a Lestrange. Not only is he a Lestrange he is the Lestrange; the heir; the catch of the century; most eligible bachelor and he kind of hates it. Okay, he's not really that important, but I like to think he is. While he doesn't really need hurls, as he's betrothed to Artemisia Carrow, I'm never going to shy away from hilarious love triangles- or squares as Roni's in there too.

What he desperately needs is bros, bros and more bros. Probably UCPB bros around his age, though he is not very picky about class/blood, he tends to stick to his own purely for convenience. That said his BFF is def not PB, so it's not required. Probably other first sons or something of the like.  Really he just needs more guys in his life. Could also be coworkers in the ministry around his age! He is a bit of a workaholic so bros from work would be awesome!

The Ladies

LOWER CLASS

Angie Sinnet
    21 | RAVVIE CLASS of '84 | LCHB
    ★★

Angie is a former "UCPB" though she didn't actually know if she was PB or not. Her parents were vampires who found her in the woods and adopted her. She spent life up until her 6th year as a bookish loner until she became friends with Eli Swan and Cash Lestrange. She was a pretty big snob in her school days but eased out if it in 6th and 7th year, turning herself around slowly, thanks to the boys. She totally fell for Eli in the process.

Her decision to become a cursebreaker was cemented after she was disowned by her parents for refusing to speak to her mother after she found out about an affair that resulted in her little brother. It wasn't too hard of a fall, she had Eli to lean on ad the two started their apprenticeship together. Angie got into it pretty quickly and was eager to learn everything she could. It wasn't until a long trip to Egypt in 1886 that she finally became an actual cursebreaker and really found herself.

Looking for other lower class working girls, some old schoolmates who would either look down their noses at her or be utterly shocked at how she turned out.

Ottilie "Tillie" Pine
    22 | RAVVIE DROPOUT '80 | LCHB
    MEDIWITCH, HOGSMEADE HOSPITAL
    ★★★★★

Tillie is in need of 1-2 super close friends. She made it through OWLs at school, so may still have some friends from Hogwarts! Should be LC or possibly MC. With her friends she is goofy and carefree, totally opposite of how she is at work. Also looking for HH co-workers specifically her crush so I can make a total fool out of her in their presence! Also needs the rest of her family (via Kayte) and her twin, Orpha!

MIDDLE CLASS

Eavan "Eva" MacKay
    23 | ILVERMORNY | MCHB
    MAGIZOOLOGIST
    ★★★★★

Eavan is a transplant to the UK, now living in Irvingly with her cousins. She is a young Magizoologist from America working a Zak Podmore's zoo. She'll desperately need to make new friends! Probably any blood/class if they're respectable and don't mind her outspoken ways.

Eva is a rather independent girl, but I am hurling her like there's no tomorrow. Middle class, 28+, stable job. Age is negotiable if they get along really well, but they must be willing to let her work. Otherwise it's a NO GO. They'll really have to capture her interest because she's super focused on her job, but that's half the fun!

Adella Calendar
    24 | PUFF CLASS of '81 | MCHB
    SEAMSTRESS at HOUSE of LYTTON
    ★★★★★

Della was a very outgoing Hufflepuff from 1874 to 1881. She has a very warm personality and would have attempted to befriend people in any house/class/blood while in school. She wouldn't have dealt with purist or classist people very well, but she would have been polite and generally avoided them. Really looking for close female friend from school who she would still see often.

She was married in May of 1886 and has settled rather nicely into marriage. She and Philip have yet to conceive yet (despite their best efforts!) and it's starting to worry her. It would be great if she had some more close friends she could confide in!

February Lynch
    21 | GRYFF CLASS OF 84 | MCPB
    DEBUTANTE
    (le gasp!)
    ★★★★★

Febby is an incredibly bright and social young lady. She was a Gryffindor in school, but studied hard in addition to being outgoing. She enjoys reading just as much as she enjoys social events, both of which she is pretty good at. Her twin brother August is a professional quidditch player, though he's been missing for a year and a half and recently returned home. It was hard on Febby, but she knows it must have been harder on August. Febs may also be a little infamous because of a tryst with Mathias Beaumont that was splattered across Witch Weekly. She will need other MC ladies around her age or perhaps a UC deb to take her under her wing at social events, perhaps a friend from school? Naturally as a deb she'll need hurls, MC/mayb UC 27+ good rep and occupation! I'd love for this to happen organically, but we need to start somewhere, so hit me up!

UPPER CLASS

Nathalie Jennings
    25 | RAVVIE CLASS of '80 | UCMB
    MAGICAL BUGS HEALER, ST. MUNGO'S
    ★★★★★

Nat is almost a spinster and she's okay with that. She and her magical brother Stephen moved to Irvingly in June of 1885, deciding a change of scenery would suit them both. Of their muggle family, three out of the five children displayed magic and went to Hogwarts. Nathalie was a Ravenclaw during her school years and was always a sweet and helpful person. She'd likely have friends around her age/year from school that she would have kept in touch with after school. She is a muggleborn so keep that in mind. Her blood status may have also gained her a bully or two, bring 'em on!

Hurling wise, she wants nothing to do with it (but I dooooo). Her first fiancé died and her second ran off with is butler and Nathalie does not believe in the third time being the charm. I however, will be chucking her everywhere, UCAB, age is flexible as she can't afford to be picky at this point. Would also consider an upper-MC dude if he'd continue to let her work. She loves her work, but is not married to it if a future husband was dead set against it. They also cannot be purist, or they could, for added drams. :evil: Would love for it to happen more organically/IC because that's more fun, but throw me possibilities! >D

Sloane Bixby
    11 | INCOMING FIRSTIE | MCHB
    ★★★★

Sloane's entire family is broom-based. Her father played quidditch, he now coaches quidditch; her brothers play; one is an apprentice broom maker and her mum works in the broom regulatory office. Needless to say, she's a little quidditch obsessed herself! She's rambunctious, spontaneous and a not very ladylike. Sloane has broken bones on her record, a history of chaperon escaping and a thirst for adventure. She's so excited for Hogwarts she can barely contain it! Super friendly and outgoing she most likely befriend lots of people unless their outwardly purist or mean. It would be great if she could get teased for being such a tomboy. She's also lived in Hogsmeade for a long while, so she may know other local kiddos her age!

It's HIGHLY LIKELY she'll end up in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff!

Cora Smith
    15 | 5TH YEAR GRYFF | MCHB
    PREFECT
    ★★★★★

Cora is a diligent little Gryffindor. She's a little on the prim side, but has a little adventurous side to her as well. Recently named prefect, she is determined to do a good job of it, taking the role very seriously. Outside of that however, she's pretty friendly and approachable, though doesn't tolerate bullies very well or purists for that matter. Her family ~situation is a secret (even to her, but only for now!) so nobody knows about that! She's likely to be friends with like-minded young ladies though I would also like for her to have a bad influence, who could perhaps be a boy (to crush on?) or a girl, totally open! Her mother is a muggle too, who doesn't know where she goes to school, so there's that as well!

Cora partakes in Charms Club and Leisure Sports Club she takes Divination and Ancient Runes for her electives.

Byron Whitledge
    16 | 6TH YEAR PUFF | UCHB
    QUIDDITCH COMMENTATOR
    ★★★★★

Byron is a Whitledge, yes one of those guys, with the funny  names and all. His given name is Gingerbread and he loathes it with the passion of a thousand suns. Call him that or any variation and you will either get a really sour look or a punch, depending on his mood and the circumstances. That aside, he's a true Puff, he gives his all to his friends, enjoys quidditch and is generally pretty easy going. He thinks most of his cousins are loony, but don't say anything against them, he's still loyal. He could use some bros, maybe a crush >6 year, house flexible, and perhaps an antagonist to rile him up.

Byron is in Club Quidditch, Exploding Snap and Flying Club and takes Muggle Studies, Ghoul Studies, Transfiguration, Herbology and Charms at the NEWT Level.

Daffodil Potts
    17 | 7TH YEAR RAVVIE | MCHB
    ★★★★

Daffy is a special duckling (haha!). Daughter of a florist and a marine herbologist, naturally she gravitates toward plants and flowers; herbology is obviously her best class. She also does well in charms and transfiguration. She's a bit of a space cadet and a bit unconventional, she is however the least judgmental person you would ever meet (think Luna!) and is quite enthusiastic about the things she enjoys. Daff can often be seen wearing flowers in her hair and with a smudge of dirt on her cheek. She could use friends and housemates in and around her year. I would also greatly enjoy somebody who thinks she's really weird and would possibly bully or say something to her because I think I know how she would react, but I'm not sure!

She is in the Art, Garden and Leisure Sports clubs and takes Herbology, Potions, Transfiguration, Ancient Runes and Charms as her NEWT classes.  

Thank you Alex for the incredibly cute gif! <3

Brighid Connolly
    19 | GRYFF CLASS OF '85 | UCHB
    PENDERGAST ROSE
    ★★★★

Bri's attends PSYR because she is beyond the "set occupations" in her family. She's not happy about it. He feelings on the matter "range anywhere from ‘whut why am I doing this’ to casually dying all of her roommate's mourning clothes bright red because fuck you that's why". That said I want her to get to know her fellow Roses! She bunks with Shalott Dempsey and the pair get along quite well! Realistically, Bri's a bit of a bitch, so watch out Roses, watch out. Other Hogwarts friends too please, she was a Gryffindor who graduated in 1886 so I'm sure she knows some people! She'll need pen pals to send SOS letters to as well!
    Get it Together, Bee

08.30.17 | I still suck, but I have more time now! So I should steadily get better! GET @ ME! I've got new peeps!

I routinely clean this out once things have been established/started, but I also keep notes elsewhere so I'm not deleting all your hard work I promise!
    UPDAAAAAAAAAATED
    I've got a few things for you that I don't think I've mentioned before!
    @Stephen Flint could possibly be friends/acquaintances with Phineas? They were both Slytherins and were only a few years apart (Stephen graduated in '69), and Stephen is from an "old" family. He's the current Head of Dept. RCMC, so I guess he's noteworthy?

I think Cora is in the same house/year as @Tripper Jameson? I mean I doubt they'd be super duper BFFs forever! but I think they'd at least know each other well enough by now xD

I WOULD offer stuff for Mathias and Febby but lbr, he hasn't left his house in a month and a half and hasn't even responded to his sisters' letters #OhWell

I obviously have @Handsome Whitledge for Byron and they probably know each other fairly well xD ALSO SURPRISE GRANDMA (@Georgia Whitledge) IS NOW YOUR ETIQUETTE INSTRUCTOR.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Annabelle Scrimgeour's post:
       Elsie Beauregard

(08-29-2017, 09:53 PM)Annabelle Scrimgeour Wrote: I've got a few things for you that I don't think I've mentioned before!
    @Stephen Flint could possibly be friends/acquaintances with Phineas? They were both Slytherins and were only a few years apart (Stephen graduated in '69), and Stephen is from an "old" family. He's the current Head of Dept. RCMC, so I guess he's noteworthy?

I think Cora is in the same house/year as @Tripper Jameson? I mean I doubt they'd be super duper BFFs forever! but I think they'd at least know each other well enough by now xD

I WOULD offer stuff for Mathias and Febby but lbr, he hasn't left his house in a month and a half and hasn't even responded to his sisters' letters #OhWell

I obviously have @Handsome Whitledge for Byron and they probably know each other fairly well xD ALSO SURPRISE GRANDMA (@Georgia Whitledge) IS NOW YOUR ETIQUETTE INSTRUCTOR.

Oh yess extended family connections! Phinny and Stephen are likely acquainted, though I don't think they seen one another very often aside from family functions haha. I do like knowing Phinny is friendly with other people though!

If he's a 5th year Gryffindor, then yes Tripper and Cora are house/classmates lol. They probably do get on well enough, I'm sure Cora's tried to be friendly and now that she's prefect, helpful too!

Ahhh yes I was going to have Feb write him a letter, but now it's like waaaaaaaaaay too late. When he leaves the house again, they should run into one another.

ALSO HOMG BYRON IS TERRIFIED of Granny Whitledge at school, that's just like, so embarrassing hahahaha I love it.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
    Open Thread Bree's Networking 4.0 Annabelle Scrimgeour 2 1,120 01-17-2018, 01:38 AM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour
      John's Networking Qedma Bakaffa 4 158 12-29-2017, 08:11 PM
    Last Post: Aldous Crouch
    Open Thread Silver's Networking! Nerissa Stone 18 574 12-26-2017, 08:53 PM
    Last Post: Elsie Beauregard
      Nichole's Networking V.3 Calla Potts 0 65 12-26-2017, 05:16 PM
    Last Post: Calla Potts
      Networking Guidelines & Coding Elsie Beauregard 3 3,326 12-25-2017, 08:31 AM
    Last Post: Annabelle Scrimgeour