Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
Introducing | Elisabeth Champagne

elisabeth grace champagne • 16 years • ucpb • pendergast rose

about: elisabeth champagne spent most of her life living at château de champagne in champagne, france; she attended académie de magie beauxbâtons for her first four years and then moved on to académie bellerose pour jeunes filles during what would have been her fifth year, so she never obtained any of her o.w.l. scores. due to a scandal that has been so far kept under wraps, elisabeth was expelled from her finishing school in paris, france and moved to stay with her aunt ophelia and her family in wellingtonshire, hogsmeade so that she would be able to attend pendergast school for young roses until she was ready to debut and marry the man she is now unfortunately betrothed to. in the united kingdom, her closest confidant is Dorian Rosier as he is her cousin, but she is, of course, looking to make a lot more friends and make the best of her new situation.

where to find her: as the new ward of --- rosier, she would be seen at any event he would be invited to along with his actual children if the event allows their presence. other locations where you may find her hanging around with her chaperone are any gardens, high street, and parks that would allow for her to spend some time getting to know her surroundings. given the opportunity, she would love to also visit any libraries so she can catch up on her studies, as she does envy all the other ladies who were able to continue their magical education. she would also be found in the walls of the pendergast school for young roses, of course, and finally, if you are at all friends or familiar with her cousins, you may be introduced to her as well.

friends: the hardest part about leaving france for elisabeth is that she no longer gets to see all of those she has befriended over the years, though some of them she is able to write letters to. but, she's an incredibly sociable young lady and is keen on making new friends while in the united kingdom. elisabeth is likely to be friends with mostly other ucpb ladies, but mcpb ladies with good enough reputations may also find their way into her social group. she's considered a soft purist, so while she does believe in a form of superiority as a pureblood, she's not against befriending halfbloods and thinks at least muggleborns are better than muggles (though she wouldn't say that in front of her hard purist family). while never outright rude to the working class, she knows she's not allowed to befriend them and so she keeps her distance aside from basic politeness. it is also of note that she is a feminist and while not quite brave enough to be loud about it yet, other like minded young ladies might want to discuss those matters with her or even build her confidence enough to speak up about it. as a friend, elisabeth is considered to be protective, generous, affectionate, and she will be your cheerleader and the person to lean on if you need it.

enemies: now who doesn't love a good hateship? i love drama and so does elisabeth - especially because she tends to gossip way more than she should. if there is one thing about elisabeth you need to know, it's that she can be incredibly petty and vindictive if you cross her in any way and she's not afraid to play the long game if she has to. she's also extremely competitive and has a terrible habit of being a sore loser about it and this shows a lot when she's playing leisure sports with some of her friends. she also has this terrible habit of just assuming any man who speaks to her is going to annoy her by the end of the conversation so she holds little patience for them, but sometimes she's pleasantly surprised by the conversation. when she gets angry, she tends to storm off and give the silent treatment, though if you particularly set her off you may get mumbled insults in whatever language comes out of her mouth - usually french or italian. i would love for elisabeth to have a rival of sorts.

lovers: while elisabeth is too young for anything official, you and i both know that teenagers just can't help themselves. the reason she was expelled from académie bellerose pour jeunes filles was because she was caught kissing another young lady, her roommate, lucille, and although that scandal has been hushed up with some greased palms, it doesn't mean elisabeth might do it again and mess things up. she doesn't have the term for it nor does she fully understand love or romance, given how she was raised, but she would be considered biromantic, bisexual. elisabeth is a romantic at heart, really, and wants a man who will love her for her, send her love letters, give her flowers and twirl her around in a dance, but given she was recently betrothed following her mistake, she doubts it'll happen. nevertheless, she's interested in having a flirtation with men or women, even ones older than she is, just to explore her new interest in having these sort of feelings. these can be one-sided or reciprocated!

other: do you have an idea i haven't thought of? please, please don't hesitate to share! i'm just so excited to be here Smile

The following 1 user Likes Elisabeth Champagne's post:
   Dorian Rosier

[Image: elisesig.png]
Beautiful Set by MJ ♡ !
Oof I really don't have much, unfortunately! My best connection would be Victoire Malfoy who is on her third season and did attend PSYR for one year in 90-91, and then debuted. I suppose if there were any events for alumna of the school they may run into one another!

The following 1 user Likes Daffodil Grimstone's post:
   Elisabeth Champagne

[Image: Daff-Sig-Spring24.png]
(June 30, 2023 – 1:00 AM)Daffodil Potts Wrote:  Oof I really don't have much, unfortunately! My best connection would be Victoire Malfoy who is on her third season and did attend PSYR for one year in 90-91, and then debuted. I suppose if there were any events for alumna of the school they may run into one another!

Awe, it's okay! I was looking at your networking and I was thinking the same. I would be happy to thread with Victoire should there be an alumna event, otherwise, perhaps I should make at least one more character that's better suited to interact with more people Smile

The following 1 user Likes Elisabeth Champagne's post:
   Daffodil Grimstone

Beautiful Set by MJ ♡ !
!! Can we please thread her and Margaret Clark? Peggy is a new debutante with a competitive streak and also a deeply closeted lesbian so I'm not sure if they'd love each other or hate each other but either way it would be fun!

I also have a few hurlable guys but probably unlikely to be useful there until she's properly out in society.

The following 1 user Likes Fortitude Greengrass's post:
   Elisabeth Champagne

Set by Lady!
(June 30, 2023 – 1:35 AM)Fortitude Greengrass Wrote:  !! Can we please thread her and Margaret Clark? Peggy is a new debutante with a competitive streak and also a deeply closeted lesbian so I'm not sure if they'd love each other or hate each other but either way it would be fun!

I also have a few hurlable guys but probably unlikely to be useful there until she's properly out in society.

Absolutely! I get the vibe of... they'd be judging everyone together and idk, almost a mean girls vibe? They probably have some petty words to say to one another but they're still friends? If that makes any sense. I think they'd get along well enough to be friends, if not butt heads from time to time. Especially as they had a similar upbringing of the goal being an ideal debutante, though Elise is jealous af that she got to finish her OWL/NEWTs. And if they ever get close enough to discuss their interest in the fairer sex, that'll be an interesting plot too.

As for your menfolk, Elise will make eyes at them and possibly will be taught to tip toe around some lines regarding light flirtation by Rachel Morgan (her future PSYR roommate), but for now she's still off the market, unfortunately. But, I'm still down if you do happen to have ideas pop up!

Beautiful Set by MJ ♡ !
Ooh Peggy & Rachel are established friends so that's another good connection! And yes I think that's a great vibe for them. I have this open thread involving shade and spilling tea with some NPC girls if that suits your fancy? Or I'm happy to start something new if not!

The following 1 user Likes Fortitude Greengrass's post:
   Elisabeth Champagne

Set by Lady!
(June 30, 2023 – 1:33 AM)Elisabeth Champagne Wrote:  
(June 30, 2023 – 1:00 AM)Daffodil Potts Wrote:  Oof I really don't have much, unfortunately! My best connection would be Victoire Malfoy who is on her third season and did attend PSYR for one year in 90-91, and then debuted. I suppose if there were any events for alumna of the school they may run into one another!

Awe, it's okay! I was looking at your networking and I was thinking the same. I would be happy to thread with Victoire should there be an alumna event, otherwise, perhaps I should make at least one more character that's better suited to interact with more people Smile

I'm sure you'll have better luck with other people; I'm actually terrible with UC characters in general XD Torie has done the best so far lol! It's hard when PSYR students aren't quite out in society so aren't at the normal events, too! I'm sure something good will come along!

The following 1 user Likes Daffodil Grimstone's post:
   Elisabeth Champagne

[Image: Daff-Sig-Spring24.png]
(June 30, 2023 – 1:52 AM)Fortitude Greengrass Wrote:  Ooh Peggy & Rachel are established friends so that's another good connection! And yes I think that's a great vibe for them. I have this open thread involving shade and spilling tea with some NPC girls if that suits your fancy? Or I'm happy to start something new if not!

Ooh, as much as I'd like to take it, Elise wouldn't be in the UK until late June/early July! She'd still be in France Sad So if it's okay to have another thread set at a later time, that would be fine. I'm sorry for making things complicated!

Beautiful Set by MJ ♡ !
Halloooo here I have Adrienne Lestrange! She was recently married to Cassius Lestrange, and was originally a Selwyn. She has a twin, Aristide Selwyn and they both came here from France to attend Hogwarts! It's unknown, but she and Aristide are one of Trystan Selwyn's illegitimate children, which they only recently found out.

Adrienne's usually pretty chill, so I'm not sure if she'd enjoy hanging out with Elisabeth if all she hears is gossip, buuut she's extremely good at archery and likes to play chess!

The following 1 user Likes Adrienne Lestrange's post:
   Elisabeth Champagne

[Image: BFwdEC.gif]
stef made me pretties! <3
(June 30, 2023 – 3:09 AM)Adrienne Lestrange Wrote:  Halloooo here I have Adrienne Lestrange! She was recently married to Cassius Lestrange, and was originally a Selwyn. She has a twin, Aristide Selwyn and they both came here from France to attend Hogwarts! It's unknown, but she and Aristide are one of Trystan Selwyn's illegitimate children, which they only recently found out.

Adrienne's usually pretty chill, so I'm not sure if she'd enjoy hanging out with Elisabeth if all she hears is gossip, buuut she's extremely good at archery and likes to play chess!

chiming in here to share athena's thoughts on aristide & elisabeth "If Aristide even crosses her path she's going to start batting her eyelashes at him smh" which would be amusing for Adri to clock since Adrienne assumes Aristides gay after he confessed to her about his love for his male best friend + her protectiveness. :P

The following 2 users Like Tycho Dodonus's post:
   Adrienne Lestrange, Elisabeth Champagne

(June 30, 2023 – 3:09 AM)Adrienne Lestrange Wrote:  Halloooo here I have Adrienne Lestrange! She was recently married to Cassius Lestrange, and was originally a Selwyn. She has a twin, Aristide Selwyn and they both came here from France to attend Hogwarts! It's unknown, but she and Aristide are one of Trystan Selwyn's illegitimate children, which they only recently found out.

(June 30, 2023 – 3:23 AM)Tycho Dodonus Wrote:  chiming in here to share athena's thoughts on aristide & elisabeth "If Aristide even crosses her path she's going to start batting her eyelashes at him smh" which would be amusing for Adri to clock since Adrienne assumes Aristides gay after he confessed to her about his love for his male best friend + her protectiveness. :P

Lmao, Elise is like help both twins are hot.

But!! I think it would make Elise very happy to interact with other french-born witches/wizards, even if the twins didn't get to go to Beauxbâtons like she did. If Adrienne isn't too interested in gossip, they can talk about other things, and Elise would love to try some of her interests. Personality wise, I do think they would get along/be friends Smile Elisabeth may ask her questions about married life but uhh she doesn't have to answer lmao.

And, as Kit chimed in, Elise is over here batting her eyelashes at Aristide so it would be funny to get Adrienne's reaction on that being all protective twin sister and all that.

Beautiful Set by MJ ♡ !
(June 30, 2023 – 3:23 AM)Tycho Dodonus Wrote:  

chiming in here to share athena's thoughts on aristide & elisabeth "If Aristide even crosses her path she's going to start batting her eyelashes at him smh" which would be amusing for Adri to clock since Adrienne assumes Aristides gay after he confessed to her about his love for his male best friend + her protectiveness. :P

(June 30, 2023 – 3:52 AM)Elisabeth Champagne Wrote:  

(June 30, 2023 – 3:23 AM)Tycho Dodonus Wrote:  chiming in here to share athena's thoughts on aristide & elisabeth "If Aristide even crosses her path she's going to start batting her eyelashes at him smh" which would be amusing for Adri to clock since Adrienne assumes Aristides gay after he confessed to her about his love for his male best friend + her protectiveness. :P

Lmao, Elise is like help both twins are hot.

But!! I think it would make Elise very happy to interact with other french-born witches/wizards, even if the twins didn't get to go to Beauxbâtons like she did. If Adrienne isn't too interested in gossip, they can talk about other things, and Elise would love to try some of her interests. Personality wise, I do think they would get along/be friends Smile Elisabeth may ask her questions about married life but uhh she doesn't have to answer lmao.

And, as Kit chimed in, Elise is over here batting her eyelashes at Aristide so it would be funny to get Adrienne's reaction on that being all protective twin sister and all that.

OMG YES I AM SO DOWN FOR THIS. Let's do it muahahahaha

The following 1 user Likes Adrienne Lestrange's post:
   Elisabeth Champagne

[Image: BFwdEC.gif]
stef made me pretties! <3

View a Printable Version