Chat
Cbox
Charming
Did you know?

Victorians could hire 'professional mourners' to attend their loved one's funeral. These people would partake in the procession and were not allowed to speak, just look awfully sad! — Rune

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

"The Prodigal Sister" for Ophelia Devine. Faked deaths, scandal, and schemes!
Kristoffer was going to be great at this, because he was great at everything. Also his memory was greater than everyone else's, because he bet no one else had ever lost their virginity somewhere exotic like Morocco. Hell, he bet no one else had even lost their virginity. Inexperienced losers.

Kristoffer Lestrange in Shining, Shimmering Splendour

— Nominate a quote —
7 Deadly Sins

Complete seven threads, one where your character displays each of the Seven Deadly Sins — Pride, Lust, Sloth, Envy, Weath, Gluttony, and Greed. Each thread should be at least ten posts, with at least three being your own. Character accounts can be combined.

<
>

Eyes on the Screen
Private 
May 25th, 1888 - Diagon Alley
He wanted to get something to send Angie. Angie was on an adventure, and Cash was stuck here, which meant that he should send her something. If she found Avalon, she would undoubtedly send him something neat - that they probably wouldn't find Avalon was not high on Cash's priority list today.

He was twenty-two, which Eli would never be, and it was a year today since Cash got him killed. Angie loved Eli too. She deserved -- something. Flowers were probably too morbid, though, and would not reach her boat before they died anyways. So Cash was looking for something eccentric when he spotted them.

"Miss Abercrombie!" Cash called. Part of hypothetically falling for a girl was making a point to speak to her, right? And besides, he liked her. He crossed the street with his usual grace and stopped in front of the pair. "And - I don't believe I've had the good fortune to meet your companion."

brb i am Anxiety
Part of Operation: Get Hitched, Get Rich was hanging around her already-wealthy friends, which was not at all difficult seeing that her two closest friends already fit that description! Lucy wasn't in attendance due to family matters, which left Helga and Nora to take to the streets by themselves with a single chaperon in tow for the two to share.

Or at least they were by themselves.

In the middle of a conversation about the Sanditon Season Opener that had happened the previous weekend, an unfamiliar voice — that was attached to a face that was familiar, once she'd turned to look — called Nora's name. It was Mr. Cassius Lestrange, a younger gentleman who she'd never met in person, but had seen numerous times on the cover of quidditch magazines that lined the tabloid stands.

She briefly eye Nora knowingly, a mischievous smile spread on her lips, before turning to face the gentleman.

"You're Mr. Lestrange! Chudley's seeker, right?" she chirped, her smile widening. "If I knew Nora was well-acquainted with you—" Which she did, but she wouldn't say that. "—I would have asked to meet you sooner! My name's Helga Scamander." With that, she turned to her friend and gave a subtle wink, as if to say you're welcome!

Post Log
Wandering around London and the Alley was quite the wonderful way to spend the afternoon and with Helga (and a chaperon of course) in tow too! The warm weather of the impending summer left Nora with lots of places to escape her mother and shopping for a new dress had certainly done the trick! They had a few places to stop and visit, chitchatting idly about the Sandition event last weekend when Nora suddenly heard her name called.

Her initial reaction to seeing that it was Mr. Lestrange was delighted; the second was abject horror as Helga launched into some kind of round about introduction. Nora had shared a couple of details with her friends about meeting Mr. Lestrange, but not much beyond their coincidental run-ins. She hadn't really told them about how much she enjoyed the encounters, but they could probably guess.

Which was what led Nora to be so horrified as Helga was clearly using that in this very moment. Her friend was the sweetest, most outgoing person Nora had ever met, something Nora envied about her friend, but sometimes it was a little over the top! She passed Mr. Lestrange an apologetic smile and just let Helga go on with her introduction. "Yes, my apologies. Helga this is Mr. Cassius Lestrange and as you now know, this is my friend Helga Scamander. It's lovely to see you again."

Merlin willing, this would hopefully be a brief encounter in which Nora wouldn't die of embarrassment somehow.

“We had it made in the
middle of the madness.”

deep quote code by Soph ♥
Holy shit, this one was enthusiastic. Cash blinked twice, and turned to Miss Abercrombie, who was operating at her usual level of mellow. Then he could go back to looking at both of them. "Nice to meet you," Cash said cheerfully, "And to see you again, Miss Abercrombie."

Now that he had walked up to them, he couldn't exactly whirl around and get going. That would be rude. And was not, presumably, how straight men seduced their future wives.

"What brings you two to Hogsmeade today?" Cash asked, mildly.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Cassius Lestrange's post:
   Ophelia Devine

brb i am Anxiety
Helga, ever the idealist, was fairly clueless about how her introduction had caused Nora embarrassment. Of course, Nora's cheeks were red, but Nora's cheeks were always some shade of red or pink. Why should she think this was any different?

Mr. Lestrange wasn't as debonair as she'd imagined a gentleman from a very powerful, dignified family might be — which, upon further consideration, made him an even better choice for the skittish Nora! Marriage wasn't something that was a definite in Helga's head yet, though; Cassius Lestrange was still very young, though she had little idea if it mattered to Mrs. Abercrombie. This was a Lestrange they were talking about!

"We were window shopping," she explained with simplicity, continuing to glance at Nora with the hopes that Mr. Lestrange's eyes might stay on her friend. The more attention Nora got, the better (even if Helga was prone to putting herself in the center of attention). "I think Miss Abercrombie wanted to get some books. Would you like to join us?" she asked, tossing a knowing glance at her friend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Helga Scamander's post:
   Cassius Lestrange

Post Log