Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
This Is: Daphne Hawthorne
DAPHNE MAEVE HAWTHORNE

10 YRS • CLASS OF '99 • UCPB • REP 10 • UNATTACHED

Overview: Since the tragic death of both her parents in a boating accident, Daphne, along with her little brother, has been in the sole care of their Grandmother, a strict, no-nonsense kind of woman who expects a lot out of both children. For Daphne, The Elder Mrs. Hawthorne desires her to grow up to be the most beautiful debutante in the room and woo the heart of the most promising young man. As she's only ten, right now, however, she's just focusing on making sure Daphne prepares for her first year at Hogwarts and is mastering her etiquette classes. Daphne is a lively little girl who loves to make up stories in her head, sharing them with anyone who will listen, she hopes to make her Grandmother quite proud of her, so she's also extremely proper and polite when she meets those who are older than her and seems to judge other little girls who aren't so neat.

Connections: Daphne will be starting at Hogwarts as a first-year in September, so if there are any future classmates out there for her to befriend (or make enemies with?) it would be cool! I would love to establish some long-term plots with her if possible, but I'm also totally up to just throwing Daphne out there in the world and seeing what happens. I don't have a house picked out for her yet, and I intend to go through the sorting ceremony with her, but I'm thinking probably either Ravenclaw or Slytherin.

I have a couple possibilities!

Ella Grimm is a Hogsmeade resident, same age, but Ella won't be starting Hogwarts this year as she just turned ten in February. They're pretty opposite, Ella had been raised in a quidditch family and is of ~dubious parentage (she is a claimed bastard of her father) but she's super sweet and outgoing! She and her house elf bff run around Hogsmeade on their own a lot.

I also play Quincey Honeyduke who owns the sweet shop and @"Daffodil Potts" who runs the local florist if either one of them does anything for you!

[Image: Elsie-MJSig.png]
MJ always makes her so pretty
(May 28, 2022 – 1:11 AM)Elsie Kirke Wrote:  I have a couple possibilities!

Ella Grimm is a Hogsmeade resident, same age, but Ella won't be starting Hogwarts this year as she just turned ten in February. They're pretty opposite, Ella had been raised in a quidditch family and is of ~dubious parentage (she is a claimed bastard of her father) but she's super sweet and outgoing! She and her house elf bff run around Hogsmeade on their own a lot.

I also play Quincey Honeyduke who owns the sweet shop and @"Daffodil Potts" who runs the local florist if either one of them does anything for you!

I could imagine Daphne would be acting like a scandalized grandma just like 'you're getting your dress dirty! you stop that!' while she is running around the garden and ducking her governess. Also, I can't imagine Daphne's grandmother would even allow her to hang around Ella given her behavior (is the fact she's a bastard a known fact? I wasn't sure) and such, but I could see maybe a thread or two where they might end up lost together or something. I think that Daphne would like her personality and she's always wanting to make friends, though, even if she gets stressed at the idea of running around with her.

I certainly see Daphne running around Honeydukes and The Florist Pott's every so often - maybe she finds some coins or is given some and she tries to buy some fresh flowers for her grandmother or some candy for herself and her little brother. You never know! But I'm open to it Smile

(May 28, 2022 – 1:38 AM)Daphne Hawthorne Wrote:  I could imagine Daphne would be acting like a scandalized grandma just like 'you're getting your dress dirty! you stop that!' while she is running around the garden and ducking her governess. Also, I can't imagine Daphne's grandmother would even allow her to hang around Ella given her behavior (is the fact she's a bastard a known fact? I wasn't sure) and such, but I could see maybe a thread or two where they might end up lost together or something. I think that Daphne would like her personality and she's always wanting to make friends, though, even if she gets stressed at the idea of running around with her.

I certainly see Daphne running around Honeydukes and The Florist Pott's every so often - maybe she finds some coins or is given some and she tries to buy some fresh flowers for her grandmother or some candy for herself and her little brother. You never know! But I'm open to it Smile

Ella's parentage isn't a secret, she was dumped in her dad's doorstep by her maternal grandmother shortly after birth, so I suppose it depends on how long Daphne's family has been around Hogsmeade. It's not something they go broadcasting though, and her step-mother is the only one she's ever known, so she just calls her mum. We could toss them into some unexpected predicament and see how it goes!

Quin and Daffy are around and super easy to thread!

Overall, until school lets out in a few weeks, I can handle one of your choosing!

[Image: Elsie-MJSig.png]
MJ always makes her so pretty
(May 29, 2022 – 1:06 AM)Elsie Kirke Wrote:  Ella's parentage isn't a secret, she was dumped in her dad's doorstep by her maternal grandmother shortly after birth, so I suppose it depends on how long Daphne's family has been around Hogsmeade. It's not something they go broadcasting though, and her step-mother is the only one she's ever known, so she just calls her mum. We could toss them into some unexpected predicament and see how it goes!

Quin and Daffy are around and super easy to thread!

Overall, until school lets out in a few weeks, I can handle one of your choosing!

Hmm, her grandmother might not know. Because while Daphne and her brother have grown up in Hogsmeade, their grandmother only moved there within the past few years to raise them. I think I'd really like to toss Ella and Daphne into a thread and see where they go? I'm fine with that! I also have an open if she's at all interested in that - or if any of your characters are interested in that. Take your time if you need it, of course!

Alexander Waterford also starts school in September. He also lost both of his parents in a boaty way. I feel like he would kind of hate the similarities they share and maybe resent her for it? Or maybe not, he's a hard one to read these days. Either way it would be interesting to see how they get on.

He's currently in London but was running around Hogsmeade for the last year or so anytime he could sneak out of the orphanage.

[Image: Vy6in0.png]
I have Honoria Rookwood who will also be starting in September - her father would do investments for upper class families and she sort of tags around between the upper and middle classes. Her family are 'new money' but respectable upper middle class enough for the girls not to raise eyes in each others company.

Hi bby~ I have Basil for you as my only real Hogwarts kiddo at the moment. Hopefully will be adding another to the repertoire before she graduates, lol. He's very keen on his firsties though and is here for any/all plots you may need. Detentions, a listening ear, both? Just hit me up!

In September, she will meet Louisa Weasley and Hamish Darrow; depending on her house, I also have prefects Idunn Fraser and Elijah Urquart!

I don't have a ton for her during the summer, unfortunately, unless her grandmother wants a quick behavioural assessment (that sounds fancier than tea to make sure you're not an embarrassment) with Euphemia Forsyte~

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
She isn't active right now, but Serpentine Malfoy is a year her younger and could be friend material as they live in the same part of town and would have likely grown up in the same age cohort of ucpb girls. Serp is also a bit of sickler for rules and images so they'll have that in common, and while Serp isn't too much of a talker, she's typically content to listen and just exist with.

Come fall, she could encounter Calla here, who is very much the type to act as an older sister/familiar face to the younger students regardless of house though I'm not sure what Daphne might think of her with quidditch/tomboyish tendancies. Orrrr you said earlier she might have come by the Florist Potts so they might have already met there.

[Image: SQXZU54.png]
look at the pretties mj made me!!!

View a Printable Version