Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
Alive
September 21st, 1890
Lachlan,
As promised, here is my letter to you. I'm sorry for leaving as abruptly as I did. Perhaps sometime we can actually enjoy our beers together instead of getting on morose topics. It's a nice thought, anyway.

The house arrest is lifted, but I'm still not cleared for work. Because, why would anything be that bloody simple? You were right that nothing is normal, I keep going back to that. Do you think we'll ever have a sense of normalcy again? Even if you do settle, will that be your normal? Or will it be a new-normal that never quite sits right?

So much for avoiding the morose topics. I'm going a little stir crazy here.
Fallon

21 September, 1890
Fallon,

I couldn't judge even if I wished to. I think my mother's beginning to worry I'm becoming a recluse; I've left dinner early all week. It gets a bit much to be reminded of everything you're trying to avoid, I know.

I'm glad you're allowed to leave your home.  I almost wish I wasn't. I'm sure people are expecting me to say something, or make some decision. I can't. I don't feel like myself anymore, and that I'd admit that shows I'm not. I've always tried to show apathy and indifference, but it comes a little too easy nowadays. I care about everything and nothing all at the same time. It's eerie. So to answer your question: no, I don't think things will be normal. I think this is the new normal, at least for me.

(You're in a better position. You'll go back to work eventually, and you'll be reminded by everyone around you that every auror goes on some dangerous mission during your lifetime. You just had the misfortune of having that adventure in the middle of the ice with a quidditch player who'd just killed someone. At least you'll have a chance of normalcy, at least by auror standards.)

Seems like stir crazy is unavoidable these days.

- Lach

way too attractive set by mj <3
September 21st, 1890
Lach,
I agree it's a bit much, and I don't fault you for escaping early. This new normal is bizarre and uncomfortable to get accustomed to. I wish your family understood more for your sake.

The choice is yours to make when you're ready to. No one can force or expect an answer you don't have to provide. You know I'm in no position to give advice on these matters considering the truths I shared yesterday, but apathy won't allow you to move forward. You'll suppress and ignore it all until there's nothing left to do but feel. Feeling isn't the worst thing to do, Lachlan.

I'm ignoring your comparison of us. It isn't a competition.
Fallon

21 September, 1890
Fallon,

I don't think they could understand what we've gone through. I don't think anyone will, unless they've been in a similar situation. I guess that's why I compare us: not because it's a competition, but there's no one else to compare myself to. I know how much you worried about me, but you should know by now that I worry about you, too. Comparing us is my way of trying to convince myself that you'll be fine in the end, even if I'm not.

- Lach

September 21st, 1890
Lach,
You're going to be okay. Somehow or another the world will right itself again, and we'll both be able to forget what happened.

Do you want to come over instead of this back and forth via letters? We can talk about literally anything else. I don't have beer but I do have whiskey.
Fallon

21 September, 1890
Fallon,

I hope you're right.

I'd be glad to come over, but only if you can promise me that I'll be able to come in and out without causing a commotion. Do you have the floo network connected to your flat?

- Lach

September 21st, 1890
Lach,
It is.

[Insert floo directions here]
Fallon

September 23rd, 1890
Lachlan,
I'm sorry for my question the other night. Did whatever you have to do yesterday go alright?

Don't be a stranger.
Fallon

September 24th, 1890
Lach,
Are you okay? I know the quidditch forum was the other day. Is that what's bothering you?

I hope you're okay.
Fallon

September 25th, 1890
Lach,
You're starting to worry me. Were you eaten by a dragon? Or hung by an angry mob? Did you disappear back to the tundra?

These are all jokes, in case you couldn't tell. In all seriousness, where are you? Why haven't you responded to my letters?
Fallon

September 26th, 1890
Lachlan,
I don't understand why you suddenly shut me out. I thought we were better than this.

All I want to know is that you're okay.
Fallon

September 27th, 1890
Lachlan,
Beginning to think my owl is leaving these letters in the abyss somewhere. Probably the tundra. Where are you? My fitness test is tomorrow, if I'm reinstated I will find you somehow. You know I have the resources.

Please, don't be dead.
Fallon

September 28th, 1890
Lachlan,
I'm back at work tomorrow and will be finding your address from the old case file. Enough is enough. Just tell me that you're okay and you'll never have to hear from me again.
Fallon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Sybille Lukeson
February 4, 2019 – 6:05 PM
View a Printable Version