Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
It’s quite unusual for a caster's patronus to be their favourite animal, but very possible that it will take the shape of a creature they’ve never before seen or heard of. — Amy
As he fell, Ford recalled the trials of Gulliver during his interactions with the Lilliputians.
Potato Wars

Open
In response to your advertisement
3 May 1894
Dear [--],

I am writing in response to your advertisement in the [date] issue of the Daily Prophet seeking to hire a governess. I have no prior experience in the field but believe myself to be well-suited to the position and would be most obliged for your consideration.

I am a fluent speaker of English and French and can read and write Latin. I play pianoforte and sing. I also engage in needlework and art. I would be delighted to educate your children in these areas as well as the standard ones. I enjoy nature and will ensure your children have plenty of exercise and an appreciation for outdoor leisure.

As to my living habits, I can assure you I am tidy, circumspect, and genial; I spend my leisure time mostly reading, walking, or working on small projects and would be entirely unobtrusive while not working with the children. I am polite and considerate and would cause no strife in your household with either yourselves or your servants.

I hope these qualifications might entice you to consider me for the position, despite my lack of prior experience. I would be happy to answer any further questions you have for me at this juncture. I would also be delighted to hear anything you could share in regards to the children, or to the estate in which they reside.

Thank you for your consideration; sincerely;

Miss G. Greengrass

Open to an UC character with at least one child between the ages of 5-11. Ford's preference is for someone with a country estate rather than a Wellingtonshire address but I'm OK with whatever.

Dear Miss Greengrass,

Thank you ever so much for your prompt and eloquent response to my advertisement. Your qualifications and demeanor certainly pique my interest, despite your lack of prior experience in the field of governessing. I am however, familiar enough with your family to be able to not need to rely so entirely on prior experience.

Your proficiency in languages, music, and arts is indeed impressive and aligns well with the well-rounded education I envision for my daughters. I value the importance of nurturing both their intellectual curiosity and their creative expression. I have two daughters still in the home who will be the primary focus of your endeavours. I also have younger boys who will not need the care of a Governess for some years yet.

Before proceeding further, I would like to arrange a meeting to discuss the position in more detail and to provide you with an opportunity to meet my daughters. It would also be beneficial for you to acquaint yourself with our estate and its surroundings.

Please let me know your availability, and we can schedule a suitable time for our meeting. Should you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thank you once again for your interest, and I eagerly await the opportunity to further explore the possibility of your joining our household.

Warm regards,

Mrs. PriamNephele Lestrange

[Image: 8nCLLpg.png]
Bee's made a beautiful thing!
Dear Mrs. Lestrange,

I admit I am quite surprised to hear you are familiar with my family. I am, of course, familiar with your own through reputation but did not believe my own siblings even a tenth so well established in society.

I am quite amenable to meeting and will fit my schedule to yours, but have included some dates below in case any suit you well. May I inquire, about your daughters: could you tell me their ages and what particularly they enjoy (or do not enjoy) about their studies? I should like to be well prepared when I meet them, to make the best impression possible.

Sincerely,

Miss G. Greengrass

Set by Lady!

Dear Miss Greengrass,

Thank you for your swift and gracious reply. I am pleased to hear you are amenable to meeting and would like to suggest next Tuesday at 2 PM for our appointment. If this suits your schedule, we can proceed with this arrangement.

Regarding my daughters, Agape is 13 - and only here during the Summer, Euphrosyne is 10, and Parthena is 5. Agape has a keen interest in literature and music. Euphrosyne is quite the opposite, enjoying nature studies and less esoteric pursuits, but she finds history somewhat tedious. Parthena, being the youngest, delights in most activities but has a particular fondness for drawing and storytelling.

I hope this information helps you prepare, and I look forward to welcoming you to our home.

Regards,

Mrs Nephele Lestrange

[Image: 8nCLLpg.png]
Bee's made a beautiful thing!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Juliana Ainsworth
April 5, 2020 – 4:16 PM
Last Post by Witch Weekly
February 21, 2020 – 12:46 AM
View a Printable Version