Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
It’s quite unusual for a caster's patronus to be their favourite animal, but very possible that it will take the shape of a creature they’ve never before seen or heard of. — Amy
As he fell, Ford recalled the trials of Gulliver during his interactions with the Lilliputians.
Potato Wars

Private
Blue Suede Shoes
Out there compared to some people, maybe, but if he were standing next to Tycho he would likely always be the tamer one by comparison. Speaking of which, he'd finally located Ty — while she'd rummaged through the fabric bin Ford had spotted him by the counter, proving Ford's point by holding three or four bolts of fabric loud enough for the pattern to be read across the room. The voices weren't quite as loud, so he couldn't hear what the conversation was about, but from the look on the clerk's face he could guess that these particular fabrics weren't intended to be turned into suits — possibly not even intended to be used for clothing at all. Not that that was likely to deter Tycho. Ford chuckled under his breath, then turned to consider the handkerchief options more closely.

He plucked the light green option out and folded it small enough that he could tuck it into his front pocket. She'd been right about the suit, so he was inclined to trust her judgement about handkerchiefs, too. "Well?" he asked, tone fully teasing now. "Does it make my eyes look good?" It was a silly question, but this was sort of a silly activity — given that he didn't have the kind of money to have opinions about handkerchiefs, and probably wouldn't buy any of this anyway.

Set by Lady!
"Yes, I suppose it does." Penny answered with a small giggle of her own. His eyes, a deep brown usually, looked shades lighter against the brighter colored fabrics. "You'll be starting a trend this summer with that combination. All the men will want to add bursts of color to their wardrobe to make their eyes look good too." It would be almost comical in a sense, watching the men all follow Mr. Greengrass (of all people!) like a herd of sheep.

She put the two handkerchief bolts back but held onto the ones she found for her dress. "You'll have to remember to credit me someday when Witch Weekly writes about you." She added teasingly.

Ford laughed. "In my experience Witch Weekly doesn't cite sources." His experience being featured in Witch Weekly was admittedly minimal; the Greengrasses were hardly staples of society, and he in particular was only noteworthy for being older and therefore theoretically more eligible than Noble. He had been mentioned twice, though, that he knew of — once as the proposed father of Begonia Belby's hypothetical lovechild (that had not, as it turned out, actually existed) and once as someone Witch Weekly presumed might be keen to marry early. Cash, who was already nearly a year into marriage, hadn't been on their list, so safe to say it hadn't been particularly accurate. In any case, no one from the publication had ever reached out to him for a comment.

Set by Lady!
"Rather selfish of them, don't you think?" Penny joked. It was perfectly fitting for the gossip rag to take all the credit for Penny's idea though. She knew she never quite liked that magazine.

Looking behind her, Penny caught sight of the clock and with it came the reminder of her promise to help Elias with one of his newer brooms. "Right, well I ought to finish up here. I hope I'll see you in the suit this summer, Mr. Greengrass."

Ford grinned, then nodded when she moved to say goodbye. "You'll see me, at any rate," he replied, still not fully committing to purchasing the suit. He did like it, and every time he glanced at any of the mirrors he was reminded of how much he liked it, but he hadn't checked the price tag yet — he absolutely could not decide to buy something without checking to see whether it fit in his budget first.

"And I should probably... go rescue her from Tycho," he added, with a nod towards the counter where Tycho was still having an animated conversation with the shop girl. "'Bye, Miss Fawcett."

Set by Lady!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
View a Printable Version