Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
It’s quite unusual for a caster's patronus to be their favourite animal, but very possible that it will take the shape of a creature they’ve never before seen or heard of. — Amy
As he fell, Ford recalled the trials of Gulliver during his interactions with the Lilliputians.
Potato Wars

Private
shut my eyes and count to ten
16th April, 1893
Gus,

Imagine my shock at learning that you are looking for a missington through Witch Weekly! I really do hope it’s me they were referring to, but you’ve been so distant lately, I would not be surprised if you picked up entirely new hobbies like mistresses. In fact it's been an entire lifetime since we've talked. And here I was, very keen on our idea of retiring to a quaint little cottage in the countryside. (Especially lately. Hogsmeade, London. It’s feels more suffocating nowadays, doesn’t it? Like another fog is on the way. Cos has been throwing her tantrums again, she's so sensitive to things like this.)

I know how you are darling, please do not take this silly rich people shit to heart. (They’ve nothing more interesting to do than speculate.) Or worse, flee without a proper goodbye. (Don’t you dare!)

You’ve been through quite a bit this year already, please take care of yourself. Visit me when you have a weekend free, won’t you?

Love always,
Sophia

The following 2 users Like Sophia Voss's post:
   Basil Foxwood, Gus Lissington

[Image: bwQbAnd.png]
thank you gin for the set<3

[Image: event.png]
April 17, 1893

Soph –

Imagine my shock when I learned I was looking for a missington through Witch Weekly. I’m not entirely sure what I did to receive that kind of punishmentattention, but I will say I’m not keen on it. I do have a few people who would call me their husband (jokingly, of course), but I’m afraid if Witch Weekly continues this, you’ll have to become Sophia Lissington.

Now is the time to tell you I’m buying a bucolic cottage by the sea in Ireland (and possibly a flat in Egypt, but that depends on a lot of things), so not fleeing… but, fleeing. Putting down roots in a way. It’s quaint, a couple bedrooms, but you guys will have a bed, as we both know I’m capable of sleeping anywhere. There are so many things I’m still trying to process, but I’ve decided looking out at the sea makes one feel so tiny and the fresh air does wonders for the soul. You, Cos and Julien should come visit this summer. Maybe it will make her feel better, plus I know how much she loves to just be wrapped up in a hug. I can take them swimming and we can catch hermit crabs while you laze on the hammock.

I would love to visit. I promise, sometime in May once the term calms down a bit.

Love,
Gus

The following 1 user Likes Gus Lissington's post:
   Sophia Voss

[Image: UkiVTG8.png]
20th of April, 1893
Gus,

I have given this careful consideration and decided that Sophia Lissington sounds really, truly awful. You know that I'll do anything for you darling, but please let it be the most dire circumstance for it to come to this.

That said, fleeing and putting down roots are quite opposite things! You know that I will love you no matter what you decide. But any word on the bucolic cottage? Will there be farm animals? Perhaps a few asses? (Donkeys, dear.) If you'll make me do the trek I will find you in Egypt, but I rather enjoy the idea of you being a floo away.  Summer at your cottage does sound like a dream. How distant a dream is it? Are you finished for the school year?

I have my hands full with Cos. Her episodes haven't subsided since I wrote you last, in fact they've grown worse. There are entire days she goes without speaking or looking at me, and then she has endless night terrors, so we rarely get a full night's sleep. It has been dreadful, enough that I've started to look into Sleeping Draughts... but I hate the thought of giving something like this to her, she's so young. What do you think?

I suppose to be honest... In my heart of hearts I worry this is less an illness, and more of a feeling she has, something here to stay. Something that's taken up in her heart and that makes her hate me. I know I've been an awful mother; this could be a fitting punishment. It would be nice to bring her to her beloved godfather for hugs and swims. Tire her out, so that she might sleep the night. Perhaps she might even cuddle with me on the hammock.

Love,
Soph

April 21, 1893

My Dearest Sophia, –

Sophia Lissington does sound truly awful, and I’ve come to the conclusion that Gus Voss sounds just as bad. Augustus Voss isn’t terrible, but I’d rather give up chocolate frogs before I had anyone call me that on a regular basis. Professor Lissington is bad enough… You know the same is true. I will do anything for you in a heartbeat, and if I ever need a wife, I promise I won’t make you change your name. We shall just combine our names and become the Vossingtons. Sounds regal, don’t you think?

I’m not fleeing to Egypt, it’s just a place that I love. You know when you step outside, take a deep breath of the fresh air and your soul just decides that yes! This is the place that will make me the happiest I’ve ever been. That’s Egypt for me. I’d floo there too… But the cottage is coming along. There’s one I’ve found that is perfect, although I hadn’t thought about farm animals. Probably not unless they can be self-sufficient because I do plan on traveling over the summer. (Mason, who you still need to meet, and I are planning on going to Yema.) Sad about the lack of asses. (Donkeys, of course.) We end the term on June 1st and I want to be moved in by my birthday, so within the next couple months.

My poor Cos. I wish I knew what plagued her. I think you’d need to be careful with the droughts. One potion is enough to knock four dragons to sleep for a bit, and my goddaughter is much tinier than a dragon. If you want to go the potion route, I would recommend the Dreamless Sleep Potion, although use it sparingly. The more she takes, the longer she will sleep. It may sound crazy, but Soph, if she’s ignoring you and her heart is hurting, let me help. I can take a weekend from work, take her somewhere for some fresh air. You and Julian could meet us somewhere after a day or so. I don’t think she hates you, I think she might just be a little bit like me, and gets angry and stir crazy having to sit in a place for too long. London is stifling.

There’s a tiny island called Nevis in the Caribbean I explored a few years ago. It would be perfect, and has the best trees to hang some hammocks in. You don’t have to handle this alone. Remember, I would do anything for you, dear.
All My Love,
Gus

25th of April, 1893
My dear Mister Vossington,

Augustus Voss is significantly better I agree, but then you don’t look much like an Augustus, do you? I do think you look like a Professor, however. An adorable one that all the girls are madly in love with I’m certain. Regal suits neither of us, though I would not mind being filthy rich.

Is there treasure to be found in Egypt? Perhaps I’ll flee with you. Although I’ve never heard of any ballet in Cairo, and it’s too late for me to develop any other skills needed to make money… I would love to see you at your happiest, darling. In any case if you do travel over the summer and are in possession of less self-sufficient creatures I am happy to homesit with the kids! Now Ireland is a place I trust the floo and my own pronunciation for.

Thank you for your advice with the droughts, truly. Even a small amount of it does make me uncomfortable, giving it to a child. And truth be told, your suggestion sounds like an infinitely better alternative. I don’t wish to be disruptive to your schedule but if you don’t mind it, perhaps the both of you could enjoy a bit of change in scenery. While I don’t know what is the matter with her either I’m sure this has something to do with it... What a mess I’ve been since January, I didn’t even think how Cos might miss traveling this world as much as I do. Jacob was the same, you know. Ever since he was a child.

Do let me know the dates that work for you, I don’t wish to be disruptive at all to your work… Though this sounds like an absolutely marvelous idea, and I know she’ll be delighted to have some time with her cherished godfather. Perhaps it will be a good reset for all of us? A chance to forget some of these skeletons in our closets.

Dreaming of beaches and hammocks,
Sophia

April 26, 1893

Sophia, my darling,

My parents certainly thought I looked like an Augustus when I was born, but I don't think it stuck very long. And let's not go there. Some of these girls are crazy, especially the ones about to become debutantes. One day love, we will be both be filthy rich and just spend our days lounging at the beach.

Of course there is; Egypt has so much to explore. I'll show you a tomb or a cave. Some sites that will take you breath away and you'll understand why Egypt is so important to me. And Sophia Voss... are you implying that you're not the best ballerina in the entire world? I promise they will love you and any show you put on. They are like anyone else, wanting to be entertained and enchanted for a few hours. I would appreciate someone to watch Phil. Maybe you can put him in a tutu and teach him a few new tricks?

Never a disruptive. I could use a change of scenery too. Hogwarts has been tense, and with Fig being home, and being related to Basil... I think Cos and I could have a lot of fun. This coming Saturday, the twenty nineth, or even the first weekend of May, I'd be happy to whisk her away. We both know I'll never children, but sometimes I wish, maybe just one. I guess I'll just have to pretend with my dear goddaughter for a few days. Spoil her rotten. Of course, I'll return the favor with Julian at a later date so he doesn't feel left out or that I'm playing favorites with his sister.

I'll write to her with your permission to tell her of our upcoming journey, but you can give it to her and answer any questions she may have. Hopefully that'll spur her to speak to you. A reset sounds wonderful. Fresh air sounds even better.

Your Loving Mr. Vissington

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Monty Morales
September 1, 2018 – 3:37 AM
Last Post by Flora Mulciber
August 15, 2018 – 5:16 PM
View a Printable Version