Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
It’s quite unusual for a caster's patronus to be their favourite animal, but very possible that it will take the shape of a creature they’ve never before seen or heard of. — Amy
As he fell, Ford recalled the trials of Gulliver during his interactions with the Lilliputians.
Potato Wars

Private
vinegar valentine;;
March 31, 1893
Slightly annoyed was a good summation of how Sabine was feeling towards Cassian this afternoon. It had been three months now since she’d formally moved back into the Valenduris house in London, and all three of those months her beloved brother had been mostly absent, absconding either to work or to some other place she couldn’t fathom. So, deciding to make her sentiments known in the only way Bean really knew he might pay attention to, she pulled out a piece of paper and began to scribble a crass, if passive aggressive little poem.

Darling,

I miss you. Please don’t make me find words that rhyme with ‘gas’ again to get your attention.

Your forgotten coffee bean.

@"Zinnia Potts" (fyi Cassian Valenduris baha)

The following 2 users Like Sabine Valenduris's post:
   Cassian Valenduris, Delilah Warbeck

© Fox
The owl had come flying into the shop after a very particular loud clap of thunder, slipping in through the door just as a customer was leaving. Zinnia had been busy writing down the last bit of details for the order when a tiny shadow blocked the light from her candle, and just as she peeked up to see who had done it, a burst of lightning illuminated the shop. The owl's eyes, staring straight at her as it perched on the edge of the counter, glowed from it and Zinnia screeched and fell off the bench straight onto her butt. With her hand pressed to her chest, heaving still, she stared at the owl. It jumped forward and dropped the owl onto the table in front of her. Reluctantly, Zinnia stood up and worked the letter open, frowning as she read it.

Coffee Bean,

I miss you too? The poem was erm... lovely, in a weird kind of way but I'm not quite sure if it was meant for me. If it was, I didn't mean to offend you or miss an appointment? I've been told I live with my head in the clouds. Is there particularly smelly flower that I need to procure for your needs to go with your lovely poem? I'm sure the recipient would love to have a gift to go along with it.

Love,
Darling

The following 2 users Like Zinnia Gallagher's post:
   Basil Foxwood, Cassian Valenduris

[Image: h1JMxPK.png]
Bee made me something beautiful<3

Sabine hadn't expected Cassian to respond as quickly as he did. When her owl came rocketing back into the parlor with a note, she accepted it with the haughty air of someone about to be satisfied. There was bound to be some kind of excuse, with a gift promised. But what she cared about most was when he'd be home. It had been long enough! She had needs too! What Sabine found instead of her brother's familiar scrawl however was a much tidier, pretty little hand. One glance at the contents and embarrassment immediately flushed her face warm.

To Whom It May Concern,

I am terribly sorry to have disturbed you!

The contents of that rather vulgar letter were meant for a brother who has been... absent. I should never think to offend a stranger with my writing, much less something so crude. Please accept the included toffees as a token of apology.

An embarrassed coffee bean.

P.S. - Out of an endless curiosity, what flower do you think I ought to send along with my note when I do get ahold of him? Something particularly nasty, I'd think, but harmless.

@"Zinnia Potts" (fyi Cassian Valenduris)

The following 1 user Likes Sabine Valenduris's post:
   Cassian Valenduris

© Fox
April 2, 1893
Coffee Bean,

Thank you for the toffees, though, they are delicious, even if no apologies were needed. I have six sisters, three older, three younger, and sometimes our teasing isn't meant for other people to hear. Although I can't relate to having a brother.

I would recommend a few flowers from the Bradford Pear Tree... it smells like rotting fish. The crown imperial is also a good choice, and I can't explain it better than that of how a skunk smells. I enclosed a sample in the small bag, but please do open at your own risk. Both harmless to touch, but they will assault the senses and the smell will linger for days.

Love,
Darling

As promised, a single stem of a crown imperial is wrapped inside kraft paper placed, which had then been carefully placed inside into a bag.

The following 1 user Likes Zinnia Gallagher's post:
   Sabine Valenduris

Embarrassment and amusement both warred within Sabine as she read the latest installment of her communication with this mysterious benefactor she'd accidentally mailed Cassian's rude poem to. She decided in that moment that she rather liked her new pen-pal, the enigma of it all only adding to her excitement.

Darling,

I must say, while I am sorry for having disturbed you, this is great fun! Your knowledge of plants is splendid.

I shall send this little sample to my brother in hopes that he comes across it in place of my poem to the very point. Hopefully your sisters never do anything so deserving, but if they do, know I am in your corner should you ever need reciprocal assistance.

Yours, coffee bean

@"Zinnia Potts"

© Fox
April 4, 1893
Coffee Bean,
Oh, please do let me know how he how reacts. I have always loved seeing how people react to different plants, even if it's not the best reaction. My personal favorite flower to smell is the honeysuckle, which has some tinges of vanilla. Sometimes I wish I could make a perfume out of it, but alas, I am not a perfumer.

And thank you! I will keep that in mind if I am crass with my sisters.

Love,
Darling

Sabine Valenduris

Darling,

Alas, I cannot tell you how it was received because again my rudeness was intercepted by the wrong audience! I’ve lost face with two acquaintances now, and Darling I must tell you — this recent stint was so much worse than our unlikely friendship! (Are we friends now? I’m determined to be so!)

This time my stinky attempt at deriving a brother’s attention was delivered to a gentleman! And not just any gentleman, but one I rather had hoped not to look an idiot in front of. Merlin, you can’t imagine the things I said. I’m red as a poppy just thinking about it!

You’ll notice I’ve borrowed an owl? Vito has since lost all privilege to deliver my letters, poor thing. It’s high time he retired. He served the family well.

again foiled, coffee bean

@"Zinnia Potts"

Zinnia Gallagher

© Fox
April 6, 1893
Coffee Bean,
Oh no, that sounds terrible! As I read your letter, I found myself blushing in embarrassment for you, and perhaps I should not have been sent the plant in the way that I had. I do believe we are friends - we are in this together now - and please, if there is a way for me to help you make it up to your gentleman friend, I would be happy to help.

I can help with making a small bouquet of apologies, although I'm not sure a man would enjoy receiving one...

I did notice the new owl. I'm sorry that your old one wasn't very good at delivering letters, but hopefully your new one will locate your brother. Perhaps he has a spell as to make sure you don't disturb him?

Love,
Darling

Darling,

Please do not feel any of the blame. It is all for Vito, but hopefully now things will be set to right.

It's funny, I do think this particular gentleman would actually enjoy a bouquet of apologetic florals but... I find myself too abashed to dare. This is not the first time I've made a fool of myself before him. The first he stumbled across a very personal journal and happened upon the very page where I had sketched (an albeit terrible) likeness... I still flush at the memory! What he must have thought...

I do appreciate your condolences however! So tell me, what is new in your life? We've talked a great deal about my blunders and misfortunes. Shall we even the score and solidify our blossoming friendship?

your coffee bean

@"Zinnia Potts"

Zinnia Gallagher

© Fox
April 10, 1893
Coffee Bean,
I dare admit, I laughed at that. I'm an artist too, although I much prefer my sketchpad. I've worked at just landscaping, although I am starting to venture into charcoal so I can focus more on portraits in the future. Maybe one day it could be entirely enough to support myself, but for now it's merely a hobby.

There is not much new in life. My little sister recently moved out and it's an adjustment not having her around. In fact, most of my sisters are now gone, and I miss them all terribly. I have made a fool out of myself in front of plenty of people. In fact, back in November I was attacked by a giant goose and it took several men to save me. That was mortifying and I have avoided Padmore as much as I can since.
Love,
Darling

Basil Foxwood

View a Printable Version