Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
It’s quite unusual for a caster's patronus to be their favourite animal, but very possible that it will take the shape of a creature they’ve never before seen or heard of. — Amy
As he fell, Ford recalled the trials of Gulliver during his interactions with the Lilliputians.
Potato Wars

Private
Concerning those rumours
It took far more willpower than he would care to admit to prevent himself from snorting at hearing Black called honorable. More like miserable and slightly terrifying. Mason had felt that way as a student and still felt that was as a tenured professor. "Noble, but archaic," Mason pointed out. He could feel a headache forming at his temples. "Education and marriage do not go hand-in-hand in the eyes of most." It wasn't his opinion on the matter; Mason thought women to be perfectly capable of both. He also thought both had a time and a place; their students were still children, even if they turned of age near the end. Marriage was for those who had completed their education or finishing, whether academic or societal. The boys were afforded their education without the looming prospects of marriage, the ladies should be allowed the same if they wanted.

Truthfully, Mason couldn't even conceive to think of his students as anything but. He even struggled with former students, some of whom he had watched grow up, as adults who could, technically, be in his range for marriage. Prince had only been here for a little while. He hadn't watched Miss Flitwick enter the hall as a first year like Mason had, and grow into the young lady she currently was. The whole thought process still made Mason shudder involuntarily.

"It's a unprecedented case. Your position at the school is not something that has ever been considered, as far as I know. I fear it would likely appear suspicious for a student to be betrothed to a professor. I like to think myself an open-minded person, and it still gives me pause." Certainly Prince had to see that? There was no way to shape this in a positive light that Mason could see. There was too much scrutiny at play. "Ultimately, it would be up to the Board of Governors." An auspicious group that Mason wanted to cross even less than Black.

The following 1 user Likes Mason Skeeter's post:
   Ignatius Prince

[Image: Mason-MJSig.png]
magic by MJ the magnificent

Messages In This Thread
Concerning those rumours - by Ignatius Prince - October 30, 2023 – 8:49 PM
RE: Concerning those rumours - by Mason Skeeter - November 3, 2023 – 12:22 AM
RE: Concerning those rumours - by Ignatius Prince - November 3, 2023 – 10:38 AM
RE: Concerning those rumours - by Mason Skeeter - November 7, 2023 – 5:57 PM
RE: Concerning those rumours - by Ignatius Prince - November 8, 2023 – 4:46 PM
RE: Concerning those rumours - by Mason Skeeter - November 18, 2023 – 7:13 PM
RE: Concerning those rumours - by Ignatius Prince - November 19, 2023 – 10:44 PM
RE: Concerning those rumours - by Mason Skeeter - November 20, 2023 – 1:09 AM
RE: Concerning those rumours - by Ignatius Prince - November 20, 2023 – 8:59 AM
RE: Concerning those rumours - by Mason Skeeter - November 22, 2023 – 2:49 AM
View a Printable Version