Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    01.11 I've got a bit of a reputation...
    01.06 AC underway, and a puzzle to solve!
    01.01 Happy new year! Have some announcements of varying importance.
    12.31 Enter the Winter Labyrinth if you dare!
    12.23 Professional Quidditch things...
    12.21 New stamp!
    12.20 Concerning immortality
    12.16 A heads up that the Secret Swap deadline is fast approaching!
    12.14 Introducing our new Minister of Magic!
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.

Staff Intros!
    SHANTÉ — ADMIN
    Duties include — Running the board, skinning it, advertising, making boardwide plots and running events, keeping the board tidy, accepting applications, user group organization, baking virtual cookies and sharing them with members, throwing confetti in the cbox, flailing around, making innuendos, etc.

AIM: mysingalong

Hi there, I'm Lola Shanté and I'm 25 years old, who lives nearish~ to Chicago. I've been married for five years and we had a baby girl in April of 2014 that we named Pippa Elzie. I have a diabetic kitty- a 10 year old tortoiseshell calico named Pixie. I also have an aussie mix who was born in November of '11 named Wesley who drives me crazy and is usually up to idiotic things. I also have a german shepherd puppy dubbed Luna.

I work as a graphic designer for a print shop full time, so I'm usually around after work hours and on the weekends. I'm a nerd who likes to be nerdy about Harry Potter, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead, Orphan Black, Orange is the New Black, Project Runway and of course, Game of Thrones. I get unreasonably excited about torturing/humiliating/beingadouchebag to my characters, and enjoy angst and irony farrrrr too much.

I like icecream, summer, art, being a homebody, pinterest, overusing gifs and emoticons and long walks on the beach.

CHARACTERS —
    Staff Account — Violet Ollivander
    See CML for the others
    Please tag Barnabas Skeeter in replies.
    [Image: visig_zpstvfnsede.jpg]
    [Image: Stamp3_zpsc250b732.png] [Image: HamletBt_zps96feccff.png]
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickersLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    MJ — MOD
    Duties include — assisting guests and new members in joining, updating lists, archiving threads, assisting in activity checks, moderating duels/competitions, looking up the weirdest things on Wikipedia and generally obsessing over everything.

Hi, I'm MJ! (Commence operation: annual intro update~) I have been on Charming for eons! I'm now 21, and am currently at university in London studying Classics - talk ancient greece to me, baby and don't mention future career plans - and am British, albeit with a bit of an international background.

Apart from the obvious - reading, writing, Harry potter for life - here are a list of my favourite things. Fair warning, Les Misérables is essentially my favourite everything. Otherwise, my favourite books include The Secret History (pretentious murder classicists ahoy), Wuthering Heights (yay selfish people, gothic moors, and doom & gloom!) and the Iliad, the Song of Achilles, and anything else that facilitates my obsession with drama queen Greek heroes. Also don't hesitate to shout at me about TV shows!

I take pride in being possibly the world's biggest theatre fan who also happens to be sorely lacking in any theatrical talent of her own.

I hardcore identify as a Ravenclaw, pancakes are my favourite food, and at one point in my life I worshipped llamas. (Too weird? >.> I'll stop.)

Psst, Oscar Isaac, if you're reading this, marry me.

PM: Elias Grimstone
    SNAPCHAT: madwag27
    TUMBLR: darrenjolras
    CHARACTERS —
    Staff Account — Elias Grimstone
    See CML for the rest of my character roster.

[Image: RlYf65H.jpg]
    OLIVE — MOD
    Duties include — Assisting guests and new members in joining, answering questions, encouraging character development, posting, supervising the Networking forum, offering characters up to the new members for networking, assists the other staff members in conducting activity checks, keeping the board tidy and cackling insanely.

Hi there! I'm Olive and I've been alive for the grand total of eighteen years and I have a tendency to grow a little older every year on March 20th. I live in England, however I'm half-American and have a halfie accent to go with it! Anyhow, I'm currently a student and intend to pursue a career in acting, as optimistic as that may seem. I love Chinese food and I have an Irish Wolfhound called Pooka. I'd like to say I wasn't being nerdy and researching Irish mythology for weeks before we got him and instead named him directly after the dog in Anastasia, but I can't. As much as I love him though, he's smelly and rather messy but he's so cute it makes up for it. As I type this, I'm watching him lick his nether regions and I'm having second thoughts...

Anyway, I've been roleplaying on and off since I was roughly twelve years old when Neopets was the bees knees, though I only discovered forum-based roleplaying last August. I mainly roleplay Harry Potter and Historical roleplays though I have explored Pokemon and Disney roleplaying briefly. I usually prefer to take on canon characters when joining a site, though sometimes I find myself inspired to dream up an OC, the result being the majority of my characters here! xD

I'm an avid reader - I love my HP books (obviously) and also like Lemony Snicket books, the Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini, Agatha Christie, Jane Austen, Oscar Wilde, Stephen King and Edgar Allen Poe amongst others. My favorite movies include the works of Tim Burton (I love him, he's a genius), costume dramas, musicals and horror movies. I love macabre and gory movies though I can't stand most action movies. I also love to laugh, good comedy movies are a must and if you haven't seen 50First Dates, then I order you to. I love video games though yet again, I'm not keen on what i call 'shoot 'em ups' - if it's all guns and bombs, then no thank you. I love Sims, Mario games, HP games (except GoF)Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon and general RPGs. Having said I don't like fighting games, I quite like Tomb Raider and Resident Evil. I also adore AVPM and AVPS - Starkid is complete genius and Joe Walker... OOoooh... *drool*

My music tastes are basically whatever strikes my fancy. I'm really fond of musical theater songs while at the same time I adore Panic! At the Disco, Evanescence, Within Temptation, My Chemical Romance, I used to like A7X and they kinda became me and my boyfriend's thing but we broke up a while ago so now they just make me feel nostalgic and sad lol. I really like the Beach Boys and classical music and movie soundtracks *has all 7 HP soundtracks*. As for TV shows my staples are True Blood, South Park, Vampire Diaries and GLEE! I'm a total Gleek. Casually I'll watch those one off period dramas, I used to love Larkrise to Candleford before they ended it (I live really close to where it's based) and I adored Pushing Daisies so it was very painful to lose - I'm still hoping for it to be revived.

Contact me:

PMs ~ I have Skype/AIM/Gmail, ask me for my username(s) and voila!

CHARACTERS —

Staff Account — Ursula Black

Alexandria Lestrange | Antigone Baudelaire | Dapplegrim | Delphinia Allaird | Dorcas Vence | Eurydice Spencer | Freya Abbott | Gobbo | Hesper Gamp | Icarus Prince | Letitia Swift | Marcella Weasley | Mariana Macnair | Maud Rutledge | Moira Prewett | Nero Bloxam | November Crouch | Pandora Pilliwickle | Petra Sleptov | Pollyanna Fawcett | Tessa Van Patten | Titus St. Martin | Vivian Turner |
    Rune keeps spoiling me unexpectedly with graphical wonders

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    KAYTE— CO-ADMIN
    Duties include — updating various lists, archival, helping with activity checks, other cleaning-type things, and living in a cooler timezone than you.

I'm Kayte, the latest addition to the moderation team�though I've been on Charming for ages. Forever. I loathe writing introductions, but Lola made me anyway =P

I'm a twenty-one year old student from Atlantic Canada and I hop back and forth between two provinces, home and school, fairly frequently. My timezone is the shiny GMT-4, which everyone seems to be intrigued by. I'm studying English (when I make time to study, that is) with minors in Classics and History, and will be graduating in a year.

RP-wise, I've been going at it to various extents since I was twelve (Neopets, anyone?) and have done so in the HP universe pretty consistently. I've also adminned a bunch (most notably, one board for two and a half years) but haven't done anything staff-y recently. I'm not the pomptest to reply but am always apologetic about it, and I frequently plot Olive's death as she immediately buries me in replies as soon as I manage to get out of debt xD

I'm online daily (even when I say I won't be) even if it's just to lurk, so I'm always available via PM. If you need me for something more pressing, though�or if you want a proper conversation and I've stopped paying attention to the cbox xD�you can snag me via IM:

MSN: look.its.a.kayte@hotmail.com | AIM: Clipseh

Everyone else's intros are bigger than mine :(

CHARACTERS —

Staff Account — Odira Browne

Darcy Potter | Nathaniel Gallivan | Ivana Sleptov | Callum Baines | Nikolai Sleptov | Castor Allaway | Felicity Prewett | Ismene Swift | Magdalena Cripps | Olivia Pendergast | William Dudley | Lucius Lestrange | Rebecca Grey

if I could marry Bee I would but I can't so I ship our characters instead.
    BEANIE — ADMIN
    Duties include — updating lists, archiving threads, assisting in activity checks, moderating duels/competitions, managing the professional quidditch schedule, aaaaaapps, knowing too much about American history, and being in the cbox at unnatural hours.

TLDR: IT ME
    Heyo, I'm Beanie. I'm 20, I like political science, and I can usually be found somewhere in New England. I minor in women's studies and Ben Wyatt is my fav fictional character, which probably tells you more about my personality than it should. I'm sometimes dubiously available, and if you need me and I'm not loitering in the cbox the best way to contact me is usually skype!

I care lots about Les Miserables and other fictional revolutionaries. My favorite authors are Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, and Maggie Stiefvater. Fave TV shows: PARKS AND REC, the X files, and whatever I'm currently binging in the cbox! My favorite HP book is PoA. I care a LOT about Lily Potter. I dislike driving and will complain about it relentlessly, but when I drive by myself I like to talk at the others drivers as if they can hear me, like a dad.

Bee is my other half. I am easily signalled.
    SNAPCHAT: sabinadzzz
    Tumblr: lazyisatalent

CHARACTERS —

Staff Account — Cassius Lestrange

An up-to-date list of my other characters can be found in the Character Master List.

I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]
    BEE — MOD
    Duties include — updating lists, archiving threads, assisting in activity checks, moderating duels/competitions, moderating quidditch, mommy-ing everybody, flopping on people and spelling everything wrong always, it's called unkeyboardinated. 

Hello, my name is Bee and I'm Charming's Most-Banned Cbox Member!

I am 30 years old with a husband and a rambunctious toddler son and a beautiful baby girl! I work for my local YMCA and have a teaching degree that I'm not really using, only kind of. We live in New England where it SNOWS A BUNCH AND I LOVE IT. Charming's been my home since October 2011, and I don't plan on going anywhere soon!

I have a strange obsession with Disney movies, mostly Tangled, How to Train Your Dragon and Finding Nemo; my favorite HP book is PoA, I love trashy romance novels and anything that deals with epic fantasy. I watch the Flash, Arrow, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, too much HGTV and Food Network.

Beanie is my other half. I am easily signaled.
    (Note how I stole this from her)
    TUMBLR: beeblethebard

CHARACTERS —
    Staff Account — Elsie Beauregard

An up-to-date list of my other characters can be found on the Character Master List or my Post Logs. They are both ever-changing and evolving, but at least the CML is always up to date!

words cannot describe this set by Stef ♥
    [Image: oTMsdz.gif]
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    NOLAN — MOD
    Duties include — updating/cleaning lists, archiving threads, moderating duels/competitions, assisting in activity checks, helping to integrate newer members, doing basically anything that is asked of me, and watching weird era-specific YouTube videos.

Hi, my name is Nolan and I'm more of the "newbie-r" member of the staff team! I originally joined charming within the fall of 2014 and took a short break because life just decided to start being fussy. I have recently returned however, as of December 2015, and am enjoying every moment and all of the interactions I've had thus far!

I'm a 21 year-old college student studying social work at my state's (New Hampshire) University and will hopefully be graduating next year if things go to plan! I have absolutely no idea what I will be doing afterwards, but I do believe flailing uncontrollably and crying over bills will be two likely and probably definite occurrences. When not in class, I also work for my father's landscaping company and try my hardest not to collapse at the end of the day. It's not the greatest profession by any means, but it does help me pay off some of my textbooks and, eventually, my slowly approaching loans.

In my free time, I tend to find myself glued to the TV watching some of my favorite shows: Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Supernatural, and seasonal baking championships/chopped on Food Network, to name a few, and or staring at random YouTube videos for hours on end. Some of my favorite YouTube adventures have led me to videos of Victorian era reenactments where people show the process of making cheese - it is quite fascinating, in all actuality. I'm typically drawn to the simpler aspects of the era which is why I do love to play Lower Class folk here on Charming!

Admittedly, I'm quite a sucker for Disney movies and, occasionally, the sickening romance movies. I know, don't hit me. They usually just get to me for some reason and, despite the most cheesiest plot line in existence, cause emotions to flow. In addition, any movie that has an animal in it as one of the main characters is usually a no-go for me because I will most definitely cry. Marvel/DC/Superhero movies are some of my favorites as well; I especially enjoy the X-Men and Avengers!

P.S. I tend to forget to do things, like post one of these intros for example, but #betterlatethannever.

PM: Theseus Greengrass
    CHARACTERS —
    Staff Account — Theseus Greengrass
    Because Nolan is too lazy to showcase his hoard of characters here, check out the CML for a proper list of them!

[-] The following 3 users Like Theseus Greengrass's post:
       Cassius Lestrange, Elsie Beauregard, Henry Berkwood
    Last year of undergrad + internship + lack of muse = a very inactive Nolan. If you need anything, please send me a PM on this account or Skype me!
    Have a character who would like a pseudonym, wouldn't like to be featured, or has no issues with being mentioned in Witch Weekly? Check out this thread!
    [Image: INGAcQ.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      UNCLE STAFF TEAM WANTS YOU! Cassius Lestrange 0 1,364 07-23-2015, 12:06 PM
    Last Post: Cassius Lestrange