Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Wear Black
Open 
June 25th, 1888 - Outside the Diagon Alley Entrance
Check me out, I can't blend in
Check me out, I'm young and ravishing

Four days out, and Dev had been left alone by his family long enough to come here. The entrance stood where he'd left it seven years ago, much the same, no new scratches in the enchanted brick. He leaned against the wall of the alley and looked at it. It wasn't as if he could even get in - he still had not dug up his wand - but just looking at it had his heart beating furiously against the inside of his ribcage.

Nat could be in there.

Nat, and an entire world he had more or less sworn off seven years ago.

He watched it and didn't move. Dev wasn't even aware he was standing in the way until he heard someone clear their throat behind him. He started. "Oh," he said, "I'm sorry."

[-] The following 1 user Likes Watson Devereaux's post:
   Elias Grimstone

To Say: “I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all” --

deep quote code by Soph ♥
Margaret had decided to do some shopping, and perhaps get some gifts for her family. Even if there was no special occasion, that didn't mean that she could do something nice for her loved ones. Perhaps she should give some books to her younger brother, who would still be heading to Hogwarts next September. His first year without her at school. Was this how Morvared had felt last year?

Walking up to the entrance, she was stopped by a man who was simply standing there. It took Margaret a moment before she realized that he didn't seem to be intending to go into Diagon Alley right away. Not wanting to be rude, she waited a bit longer before clearing her throat to try to get the man's attention. Perhaps he was just lost in thought, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but was quite inconvenient when blocking the way of others.

Giving a kind smile to the man as he looked at her, she was grateful for his apology. "It is fine. Lost in thought?" She asked, trying to be polite, not wanting the man to feel too bad or uncomfortable over this situation.

Elaine made pretties
[Image: pLqHsn.jpg]
Watson shook his head, hands still deep in his pockets, and while he had been thinking deeply it was not necessarily a lie. He wasn't lost in thought. He was just lost, or maybe he'd been found, because now he was back here and staring his past directly in the face. (Or, well, wall.) If he was stopped dead by a wall that was only remarkable for what it contained, how was he going to handle Diagon Alley itself? Or Hogsmeade? Or - his heart thumped - Nathalie?

"Not lost in thought, although I seem to have forgotten my wand at home," he said, which was weird, because most people brought their wands everywhere. He knew that. It was, however, distinctly less weird than 'my wand was buried in place of my body,' so he decided it was his best shot at a relatively normal conversation.

To Say: “I am Lazarus, come from the dead,
Come back to tell you all, I shall tell you all” --

deep quote code by Soph ♥