Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    12.13 On the first day of Charming, Kayte gave to me...
    12.11 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.
    11.10 Election update!
    11.07 We have Posting Wizards!
    11.06 A big announcement...
    11.04 Happy AC day!
    11.03 Banner time!
    11.03 Welcome to November!
    10.29 October is waning...
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~

Acacia Queen Ruskin
    Full Name: Acacia Queen Ruskin
    Nicknames: None yet
    Birthdate: June 6, 1871
    Current Age: 15
    Residence: Bartonburg, Hogsmeade
    Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw
    Wand: Ebony, 13", slight flexibility, single unicorn hair
    Blood Status: Half-Blood (Half-Vampire)
    Social Class: Middle
    Family:
      Father: Martin Ruskin (Pure-Blood)
      Mother: Lisa Fairbairn (Vampire)
     Sister: Chrysanta Ruskin
     Sister: Orinda Ruskin
     Brother: Dunstan Ruskin
    Appearance: She is 5'3", is thin to the point that her bones are somewhat visible when she's not trying to hide it, and she has pale skin. She holds her wand in her right hand, normally wears a black skirt, a dark blue bodice, a black beaded capelet, and carries a dark blue fan. She has orange-red hair and light blue eyes.
    History:
     *1869-Her mother and father met while her father was traveling with a rich friend
     *1870-Her mother and father got married out of love, not caring what people thought
     *1871-She was born and at the time lived in London
    *1872-Her little sister was born.
    *1874-Her second sister was born.
     *1876-Her little brother was born. Later that year, her mother left them, because one night while they were fighting, Acacia's mother almost killed her father on accident, and she felt it was safer for both him and Acacia if she left
     *1877-As the wizarding families were exiled, her farther and her moved to Hogsmeade, to her protest, since she was only six she didn't fully understand why they had to move in the first place
     *1878-Her father divorced her mother due to her deserting them
     *1882-She got her letter for Hogwarts
     *1884-Her father had first started suggesting an arranged marriage, worried that she wouldn't find a husband because she was half vampire
    Sample Roleplay Post:
      *This was when Acacia and her father preparing to leave London and move to Hogsmeade*
    Acacia watched as her father packed her belongings quickly. "Why must we leave father? I like it here." She said.
    He turned to her and sighed. "We must leave darling, I'll explain when you are older." He said. He turned back to her stuff and continued packing.
    "Is this about mummy? Are we going to see her?" She asked, still confused as to why her mother didn't come home anymore.
    He froze, stopping what he was doing completely. He was always like that when anyone mentioned his wife. He rubbed his face, forcing himself to calm down. He turned to look at her again, walking over. He gently picked her up. "No darling, this isn't about mummy. I'm sorry, but we won't be seeing her again, as I have already told you." He said.
    She tilted her head, growing more curious. "Why won't we see her again?" She asked.
    "I have already told you that I'll explain when you are older." He said.
    She pouted. "But I want to know now." She complained.
    He shook his head, a little smile on his lips. "Such a stubborn girl, you'll get yourself into trouble." He said, smoothing her hair back.
    She smiled and giggled. She loved to get her father to smile, since he hasn't smiled much since her mother left.

OOC:
    Name: Kelly
    Contact: Try finding me on PM, I also have a Wattpad and Skype, both with the username ForeverAMultiShipper
    Other Characters: Not yet on this website, but I might want to make some later.
    How did you hear about us?
    A friend, though we're fighting right now so I really don't want to mention her too much if that's OK, it has nothing to do with this.
    Set created by me! Check out more at my graphics shop!
    [Image: qUBAbLw.jpg]
    Acacia needs help! Come support the cause?
    [Image: IyGtyD.png][Image: fbG6udO.png]
    [Image: uZwWyBq.jpg]
    APPLICATION ACCEPTED!

— You should be titled in a few moments. Please post with your new character in the Character Master List thread.

— If you have a playby you would like to claim, you can go here.

— Don't forget to record your character's past position(s) in our history records.

— Not sure where to start? You can introduce yourself in a new topic here and fill out the plottage preferences form so people know what you're interested in.

We also have a buddy system. If you are new to Charming, you will be contacted by your assigned buddy within 48 hours. Once initial contact is made, you can decide whether you'd like to continue to participate in the buddy system or if you'd prefer to figure things out on your own.

Buddy System Leaders:
    Beanie @Cassius Lestrange
    Rosa @Gertrude Baker

— Our Networking Forum is here. You can also hop in on a thread in our Lonely thread list or start an open thread of your own.

— Don't forget to check out our Stamp Station for some extra fun!

— We also have a member submitted and staff run Daily Prophet that reports on in character happenings. Check it out so you can see how it might effect your future plots.

Thanks for deciding to join us, we hope you have a blast! :D
    — Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —
    #kaytesactivethreads

set by the unparalleled lady