Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '86
  • CML
  • The Daily Prophet Headlines
    05.10 Darrow Resigns In Disgrace
    05.07 Ravenclaw Defeats Hufflepuff
    05.03 Underage Magic Legalized?
    04.30 Quidditch Season Incoming
    04.29 Spring Fling In Irvingly
    Latest Witch Weekly
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    05.21 Networking spring clean imminent!
    05.15 Important info for all students and professors!
    05.06 Activity Check underway; end of year approaching.
    04.29 It's gonna be May.
    04.29 Submit your summer banners!
    04.29 Submit your summer banners!
    04.17 We seem to be suffering a shortage of older students >.<
    04.09 A foul odour is plaguing Irvingly...
    04.02 Activity Check underway and other updates
    03.17 Students now have full access to their house skins!
    03.09 Changes to Student Clubs records
    03.01 Activity Check, new skins, and more!
    02.28 So you want to be a Wench?
    02.27 24 hours to submit a Spring banner!
    02.26 The staff team would like your SKINput on spring availability~
    May 1887
    05.01 - 05.31 Posting Wizard
    May Writing Challenge
    05.06 Quidditch: Ravenclaw vs. Hufflepuff
    05.20 House Quidditch Final
    05.30 Annual Hogwarts Coming Out Ball
    And More!

Absence List
    If you're going to be absent for a few days, post here! We ask that you try to give us a return date as well as a list of characters that you play. Absences over a month long may not be exempt from inactivity removal.

If you do not post with your characters for 2 months in a row, they will be inactivated even if there is an absence posted. Notices with no return date or a date more than a month in the future will be removed after one month.

Please use the form below so that no important information is excluded. Remember that you can post partial (posting notably slow or a break from one specific character) or full absences here!

Code:
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Status:[/b] Scarce or Absent
    [b]Characters Affected:[/b]
    [b]Date Leaving:[/b]
    [b]Date Returning:[/b]
    [b]About the Absence:[/b] Optional.

What’s the difference between scarce and absent?
    • An absent player, for whatever reason, can’t get on much—if at all—to post or chat. They might be travelling, spawning, hosting company, or particularly buried by work/school. They might need an LOA for personal or health reasons. If you’re absent, we might see you in the box occasionally, and you probably won’t be posting much. Absences can exempt a player from one Activity Check, but absent players may not create new characters as long as the notice is posted.

A scarce player is still likely to be around, but not as frequently or as long as usual. Posts will be slower but not altogether gone. They might be wrapping up school things but (like Kayte) still around off and on, they might be under the weather but still well enough to internet, or they might just be adjusting to a change in work hours. If you’re scarce, we’ll see you less, but it won’t be so much that we’ll cry ourselves to sleep missing you. Scarce players may still make new characters, but making more than one will nullify your AC absence.
    Name: Rune
    Characters Affected: Violet Wiltingham, Harry Inkersoll
    Date Leaving: 1/30
    Date Returning: Unclear; will pop in and out.
    About the Absence: I've been dealing with some health issues and that ofc means school is becoming heavy load. I really hope it clears soon, I miss this place dearly :(
    [-] The following 3 users Like Violet Wiltingham's post:
       Elsie Beauregard, Nathaniel Gallivan, Topaz Urquart
    [Image: dUouH9c.png]
    [Image: FqPcFy5.png]
    Name: Kayte
    Characters Affected: All of them!
    Date Leaving: March 26th
    Date Returning: June 11th-ish
    About the Absence: I will be doing my final practicum (labor dispute is settled, huzzah!) from March 27th-May 26th. I anticipate fluctuating scarcity both in and out of character at this time, though plan to set aside at least a couple dedicated posting hours each week!

Basically right after, I'm off to England for about two weeks, and will be almost entirely absent IC and scarce OOC. YAY ADVENTURES. On the bright side, I'll be able to show up on @Ursula Black's doorstep and harass her in person if anyone wants her to do anything ;)
    [-] The following 5 users Like Odira Potter's post:
       Cameron Gillenwater, Elsie Beauregard, Theseus Greengrass, Tristan Michaud, Ursula Black
    Currently on scarcity!
    — Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —

set by the unparalleled lady
    (03-02-2017, 08:54 AM)Cameron Gillenwater Wrote: Name: Bree
    Characters Affected: All of them!
    Date Leaving: April 7; April 10-April 22; May 9-May 20
    Date Returning: May 21
    About the Absence: Alright so it's nearing the end of the school year, and many of you probably know that I'm a high school senior. April 7th is Grad Bash, which means I'll be spending the evening and night at Universal #PerksofBeinginOrlando. April 10-22 is a whole week of seniors getting prepared to graduate (having their senior picnic, finishing senior pictures, cap & gown tryouts, and then there's Prom). May 9-12 is senior exams, and then May 12th is my final day of high school! May 13 is my birthday, and then I'll probably proceed to panic for the next week, when graduation is on the 20th. I know this is in advance, but I just got my schedule for the next few months and I don't want to forget!

updating this

Name: Bree
    Characters Affected: All of them
    Date Leaving: April 22
    Date Returning: May 20
    About the Absence: I'm literally having an anxiety attack on a daily basis. I'm failing three classes because I've been ill/absent, and I only have three weeks until I'm completely done with high school — if I can pull my shit together and graduate. I have twenty two assignments to complete by next Thursday (fun, right?), and I have exams looming in the near future. Like stated previously, I have AP exams May 4th and 11th, and senior exams begin on the 8th.

I'm moving to Tallahassee this summer for college (I currently live in Orlando, so ~300 miles away from home). As such, I have to work all summer to make enough money to afford to move into an apartment and last me a few weeks up there while I attempt to find a job. I've never really been away from home, so I expect it won't be the easiest adjustment I've ever made.

Basically ,,,, I'm dying atm and won't be active very much >__>
    but yay for adulting! *strained laughter*
    NEWT CLASSES: Charms + Transfiguration + DADA + CoMC + Ghoul Studies
    Please make references to his name—I will love you forever! | MJ is a total goddess!
    [Image: 7iIuXzh.png]
    [Image: Club-Quidditch.png] [Image: Club-Dueling.png] [Image: Club-Leisure.png]
    Name: Nichole
    Status: Scarce, but will like turn to Absent closer towards the end
    Characters Affected: all
    Date Leaving: 4/24
    Date Returning: umm lets say 6/1
    About the Absence: school is a pain in the butt
    classes: earth magic, divination, music, transfiguration, charms, potions, history of magic, defense against the dark arts, astronomy, herbology, etiquette
    Name: Rori
    Characters Affected: All
    Date Leaving: Now!!
    Date Returning: I don't even know guys :(
    About the Absence: OMG. I am DROWNING in work. WHY did I take on overtime classes?? Why do I insist on students submitting essays and paragraphs and journals???? WHY do I make such difficult to mark midterms??? Seriously. :( I don't know when I'll be back guys. I am seriously so busy and when I'm NOT busy, I am vegging my brain out on tv so I don't have to think for a moment, or drinking with friends who are also drowning in work. When I am not doing THAT I need to work on my novel. The goal is to edit and send it to agents before summer and/or work on it while I'm on vacation (the vacation I have literally only booked the one-way flight for and don't know anything else about). Anyway... I will seriously try to get something out soon. :( In the meantime, I totally suck.
    [Image: ShaymonSig.png]

Thanks for the amazing set, Bee! <3
    Name: Miri
    Characters Affected:
    Abigale Abbott
    Drusilla Travers
    Eliza Tremlett
    Garrett Wallingford
    Imogen MacFusty
    Marianne Hatchitt (once revived)
    Persephone Van Helsing
    Date Leaving: 5/14/17
    Date Returning: 5/28/17
    About the Absence:
    I'm going home on May 20th for a high school graduation/family reunion, and will be there until the 27th! This is more of a scarcity notice than anything (because lbr I'm always lurking lol), but just in case you notice if I'm less active this month! :)
    Immie speaks with a light Dutch accent.
    Please bear with me as I settle back into writing again. :)
    [Image: 6ipiXdu.jpg]
    signature and avatar created by the talented ladybug

Name: Hawke
    Characters Affected: all
    Date Leaving: May1st
    Date Returning: July? August?
    About the Absence: lbr I've been scarce the pst few weeks and its likely to continue through this month. Jaxon has tbal games and all sorts of end of the school year activities going on. Not to mention I've done no baby prep for the upcoming arrival of baby Hawke#3.

I'll be absent for sure from June8th unto whenever we get acclimated with new baby. That is, if i don't miraculously go into labor before induction on the8th. I've been induced with my other2though so I'm not holding out much hope of not having to be induced.
    COMC, Muggle Studies, Ghoul Studies
    Another Godlike Nolan Set!

[Image: EmmySig_zpssaiqrfai.jpg]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    [Image: Emmriel_zpsm90r4lml.jpg]
    Name: Bee
    Status: it's scarcity season! absent af, maybe some cbox prowling
    Characters Affected: all but duel stuff/plot important stuff
    Date Leaving: 5/10
    Date Returning: 5/14 TBD, soon, I hope
    About the Absence: I'm burnt guys. Between emergency room visits, viral illnesses and just some general emotional upheaval, I'm exhausted. I'm going to try cutting out some screen time, read a book, go to bed early and hopefully I'll get a little refreshed. Just need a little break. Snag me on skype if you need me!

ugh, life, it's not fun right now :(
    Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
    [Image: tqp6zhG.png]
    Elsie's forever spring set by MJ ♥
    [Image: TybsieBt.png] [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    I'm 
    Name: bean 
    Characters Affected: CML my dudes 
    Date Leaving: see above 
    Date Returning: xoxo
    About the Absence: roommate is visiting and then I'm starting nannying full time and I trained today and I'm in away over my head 

Thank phone posting for the bold 
    Currently absent for finals, please skype/PM if it's urgent.
    [Image: CashSig.png]
    set by Bee, LOOK AT HOW GROWN-UP MY BABY IS

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Roo's Drop List Lynette Maroc 6 1,686 04-13-2014, 05:14 PM
    Last Post: Lynette Maroc
      Kayte's Shit List Odira Potter 10 2,600 04-09-2014, 03:04 PM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      Update regarding absence Ludolf Van Patten2 1 1,151 09-12-2013, 07:29 AM
    Last Post: Odira Potter