Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '86
  • CML
  • The Daily Prophet Headlines
    01.13 Blizzard Clean Up Reveals Corpse
    01.05 The Wallingfords in Mourning
    01.04 Blizzard Finally Ceases
    12.31 Old Maid Murderer
    12.29 M.A.C.U.S.A Arrival Imminent
    Latest Witch Weekly
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    02.12 An early Valentine's Day announcement!
    02.08 Technical difficulties and Potion Brewing Competition sign ups!
    02.03 PW Winner and February's Writing Challenge
    02.01 AC News
    01.01 Happy New Year, Charming!
    12.28 The activity check approaches!
    12.04 New skins!
    12.01 AC news, Secret Swap, and Events!
    11.26 Secret Swap and Posting Wizard Sign-ups!
    11.18 This month's quidditch matches have been scored.
    11.08 Wenches are Hiring!
    11.03 Congrats to October's PW winner!
    11.01 AC news, Events, and NaNo
    10.29 Activity Check, Student Quidditch, and misc reminders!
    10.24 Posting Wizard and NaNo Sign ups!
    February 1887
    02.01 - 02.28 Posting Wizard
    February Writing Challenge
    02.14 Potion Brewing Competition
    02.18 Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin
    And More!

Absence List
    If you're going to be absent for a few days, post here! We ask that you try to give us a return date as well as a list of characters that you play. Absences over a month long may not be exempt from inactivity removal.

If you do not post with your characters for 2 months in a row, they will be inactivated even if there is an absence posted. Notices with no return date or a date more than a month in the future will be removed after one month.

Please use the form below so that no important information is excluded. Remember that you can post partial (posting notably slow or a break from one specific character) or full absences here!

Code:
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Status:[/b] Scarce or Absent
    [b]Characters Affected:[/b]
    [b]Date Leaving:[/b]
    [b]Date Returning:[/b]
    [b]About the Absence:[/b] Optional.

What’s the difference between scarce and absent?
    • An absent player, for whatever reason, can’t get on much—if at all—to post or chat. They might be travelling, spawning, hosting company, or particularly buried by work/school. They might need an LOA for personal or health reasons. If you’re absent, we might see you in the box occasionally, and you probably won’t be posting much. Absences can exempt a player from one Activity Check, but absent players may not create new characters as long as the notice is posted.

A scarce player is still likely to be around, but not as frequently or as long as usual. Posts will be slower but not altogether gone. They might be wrapping up school things but (like Kayte) still around off and on, they might be under the weather but still well enough to internet, or they might just be adjusting to a change in work hours. If you’re scarce, we’ll see you less, but it won’t be so much that we’ll cry ourselves to sleep missing you. Scarce players may still make new characters, but making more than one will nullify your AC absence.
    (10-17-2016, 09:52 AM)Barnabas Skeeter Wrote:
    (10-10-2016, 04:06 PM)Barnabas Skeeter Wrote: Name: Te
    Characters Affected: All
    Date Leaving: Oct 10th
    Date Returning: We'll give it til Nov 10th, though idk
    About the Absence: RL isn't great again. I'm staying at my parents house starting this evening. Their wifi is shoddy and I'll only have my tablet/phone to post from while I'm staying there. May get posting done at work but I'm not sure how the next few days are going to go.

Upgrading to absent. I underestimated how emotionally draining this would be. Plus I can't really have my laptop up and running while Pips supposed to be sleeping in the same room.

I will be completely absent likely for the reminder of the year and then I'll be on maternity leave Jan - Feb. RL is hell right now and it's all I can do to get through the days. All my love and I hope to be back soon. <3 (Unfortunately this also means I won't be able to do skins for December. Sorry guys.)
    absent.

Get featured in Witch Weekly!

Apologies, but despite my best attempts I am a terrible!fail at networking. 
    Please don't be afraid to hit me up if you want a thread/plot! :)
    Barney uses a prosthetic leg and a cane to get around.
    [Image: barneysig_zpsvqxuchfy.png]

[Image: AWqs15D.gif][Image: kZuCust.jpg]

Name: Rori
    Date Leaving: Jan 23rd (Feb. 1st)
    Date Returning: March 2nd
    About the Absence: I'm on holidays, and travelling to the Philippines! I've saved everyone for January so please include me in the January AC, but this will be my official absence for the month of February. I might be able to post when I come back, but realistically, I'll be swamped as I have to plan for classes and I'm moving to a bigger apartment. But definitely back in March!
    [-] The following 2 users Like Shaymon Ross's post:
       Elsie Beauregard, Odira Potter
    [Image: ShaymonSig.png]

Thanks for the amazing set, Bee! <3
    Name: Bex
    Date Leaving: 28/1
    Date Returning: Mid-Feb, probably
    About the Absence: My laptop poofed D:
    [Image: andromache2v2_zpswvza7jj8.png]
    insanely gorgeous set by mj
    Name: Beo
    Characters Affected: Nathaniel Sabilline
    Date Leaving: 30th of Jan
    Date Returning: 9th of Feb
    About the Absence: I'm off with my family to the Bahariya Oasis for a few days then I'm going to Faiyum with scouts for around a week!
    [-] The following 3 users Like Nathaniel Sabilline's post:
       Elias Grimstone, Elsie Beauregard, Theseus Greengrass
    [Image: NzAJNIR.jpg]
    Name: Rune
    Characters Affected: Violet Wiltingham, Harry Inkersoll
    Date Leaving: 1/30
    Date Returning: Unclear; will pop in and out.
    About the Absence: I've been dealing with some health issues and that ofc means school is becoming heavy load. I really hope it clears soon, I miss this place dearly :(
    [-] The following 2 users Like Violet Wiltingham's post:
       Elsie Beauregard, Nathaniel Gallivan
    [Image: dUouH9c.png]
    Name: Lady
    Characters Affected: all
    Date Leaving: like two weeks ago
    Date Returning: 7th Feb 2017, definitely wrote 2027 and didn't realize it till after I'd written everything
    About the Absence: I'm not sure if this even counts towards an absence to excuse me from the AC, but this semester is off to a busy and stressful start. On top of that I have a horse showcase this weekend where I have to be prepared to only sleep from 12am to 4am on Friday and Saturday night, and stay at the fairgrounds until 12am each day which is already stressing me out because it means I won't have time to prep for a French paper due the 7th and also won't have time to memorize lines by Monday.

I also have been experiencing some weird heart palpitations and need to get fitted for a heart monitor at some point soon so yay health problems.
    Tilda speaks with an accent that is a mix between Scottish and Irish.
    [Image: mDNfOkH.jpg]
    [Image: MacFustyButton02.jpg]
    Name: Nolan
    Date Leaving: 2/6/2017
    Date Returning: 2/18/2017
    About the Absence: So, I got some kind of sinus infection/head cold combo on Friday and despite any attempts to combat it, I keep getting progressively worse symptoms. What doesn't help is that I have to walk all around campus during the week and try to avoid retching on the sidewalks, WOOHOO! Should be fun. Anyways, I should hopefully rid myself of whatever this is within the next week (possibly two) and will be available via skype/pm if anything pops up! I can also tend to OOC stuff, however nothing too extraneous.
    Have a character who would like a pseudonym, wouldn't like to be featured, or has no issues with being mentioned in Witch Weekly? Check out this thread!
    [Image: TheseusSig_1_zpsfenhdsz2.png]
    WONDERFUL SET BY BEE
    Name: Kayte
    Characters Affected: All?
    Date Leaving: HAH.
    Date Returning: March 1st hard date.
    About the Absence: So, uh. Anxiety. It’s fun. My professional life is in limbo still because Union, and while Charming itself doesn’t cause me anxiety, my anxiety has caused me to sorely neglect Charming and procrastinate being a useful human. I am working hard to rectify this on my down days, but it took Olive reminding me that “Tuesday is Charming day” to log in today, so we’re not in the healthiest spot >.< Skype/FB/Harass someone who has those things if you need me in any great hurry!
    Currently on scarcity!
    — Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —

set by the unparalleled lady
    Name: Hawke
    Date Leaving: 2/8/17
    Date Returning: March sometime?
    About the Absence: Stress and anxiety through the roof. Surgery for a minion next week and not so fab news today at a dr appt have my mind in overdrive. I'll do what I can and try to get everyone saved but I'm going to just go with the muses this month.
    COMC, Muggle Studies, Ghoul Studies
    Another Godlike Nolan Set!

[Image: EmmySig_zpssaiqrfai.jpg]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    [Image: Emmriel_zpsm90r4lml.jpg]
    Name: Bee
    Characters Affected: everybody but I will be modding potions
    Date Leaving: 2/15
    Date Returning: hopefully 2/17-2/18
    About the Absence: I'm just tired, I've had some sickness for the last days that's just taking a lot out of me. Parenting is taking up everything I have left and I'm not getting a ton of help at home so I'm just trying to pull myself up by my bootstraps and get through the days. Hopefully I'll be back in the swing in the next couple days. I will do my very best get my potions rounds up tonight.
    Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
    [Image: ElsieFall86.png]
    Still scarceish, but getting better! Please gently remind me of things I owe you!
    [Image: TybsieBt.png] [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    Name: Olive
    Date Leaving: Feb. 17th
    Date Returning: Feb. 24th
    About the Absence: Crossing the Atlantic for my grandma's funeral armed with only my ipad and a mostly empty suitcase with which I intend to stuff my weight in food on the way back. I may actually get around to some posting but I can't do anything more involved than posting on account of ipad making me want to stab myself in the eyeballs with cocktail sticks.
    Rune's set skills are phantasmagorical <3

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Roo's Drop List Lynette Maroc 6 1,516 04-13-2014, 05:14 PM
    Last Post: Lynette Maroc
      Kayte's Shit List Odira Potter 10 2,330 04-09-2014, 03:04 PM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      Update regarding absence Ludolf Van Patten2 1 1,079 09-12-2013, 07:29 AM
    Last Post: Odira Potter