Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '87
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    12.13 Some quick reminders!
    12.08 Another peek at what's to come...
    12.05 It's election day! OOC, at least.
    12.04 We have our PW winners for November!
    12.02 New Skins! In less exciting news, the AC is underway.
    11.27 AC Saturday and election next week!
    11.21 A glimpse at post-move changes.
    11.13 This news is not at all big. Do not bother with it.
    11.10 Election update!
    11.07 We have Posting Wizards!
    11.06 A big announcement...
    11.04 Happy AC day!
    11.03 Banner time!
    11.03 Welcome to November!
    10.29 October is waning...
    10.17 Election 1887 campaign ledgers are up!
    10.16 Kayte's changed her (Charming) face!
    10.10 Congrats to September's PW winners Olive and Miri!
    10.03 An update on the Hogwarts ban...
    10.01 It's now October~

Absence List
    If you're going to be absent for a few days, post here! We ask that you try to give us a return date as well as a list of characters that you play. Absences over a month long may not be exempt from inactivity removal.

If you do not post with your characters for 2 months in a row, they will be inactivated even if there is an absence posted. Notices with no return date or a date more than a month in the future will be removed after one month.

Please use the form below so that no important information is excluded. Remember that you can post partial (posting notably slow or a break from one specific character) or full absences here!

Code:
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Status:[/b] Scarce or Absent
    [b]Characters Affected:[/b]
    [b]Date Leaving:[/b]
    [b]Date Returning:[/b]
    [b]About the Absence:[/b] Optional.

What’s the difference between scarce and absent?
    • An absent player, for whatever reason, can’t get on much—if at all—to post or chat. They might be travelling, spawning, hosting company, or particularly buried by work/school. They might need an LOA for personal or health reasons. If you’re absent, we might see you in the box occasionally, and you probably won’t be posting much. Absences can exempt a player from one Activity Check, but absent players may not create new characters as long as the notice is posted.

A scarce player is still likely to be around, but not as frequently or as long as usual. Posts will be slower but not altogether gone. They might be wrapping up school things but (like Kayte) still around off and on, they might be under the weather but still well enough to internet, or they might just be adjusting to a change in work hours. If you’re scarce, we’ll see you less, but it won’t be so much that we’ll cry ourselves to sleep missing you. Scarce players may still make new characters, but making more than one will nullify your AC absence.
    Name: Tiffany
    Characters Affected: All
    Date Leaving: lbr like two weeks ago
    Date Returning: September 9th November 1st Christmas?
    About the Absence: band started up again + work is hellish with last minute vacationers. will return asap but I'm like emotionally/creatively tapped

Edit/Update: September 3rd: Will be around when I can (Sunday evenings/Monday mornings/all day Tuesday). Things are balancing out with some good news coming to me. This means good news for threads/graphics. There is a possibility I could drop off the face of the earth unexpectedly, but as always get Nolan to yell at me.

Edit: October 28th: computer died a couple days ago. Limited to phone and using my mother’s and my roommate’s computer. Unknown date or replacement.

FOR OCTOBER/NOVEMBER/FUTURE CHECKS DO NOT EXEMPT ME PLEASE. LET THEM HOES GO
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Valeria Greengrass's post:
       Ophelia Dippet
    [Image: oGpxmp.png]
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Name: Olive
    Characters Affected: EVERYONE
    Date Leaving: October 16th
    Date Returning: October 19th

Date Leaving: October 23rd
    Date Returning: December 23rd

About the Absence: I got a 9 week job in Cambridge which is great I guess but I start Monday. MONDAY. I don’t have a place to live and I’m gonna be all out of whack with schedule. I've fixed the no computer thing now, I finally bit the bullet and invested in a proper tablet/laptop replacement so I should be good to go on that front mid-week.
    Rune keeps spoiling me unexpectedly with graphical wonders

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Name: Bree
    Characters Affected: Assuming all of them!
    Date Leaving: November 27
    Date Returning: January 01
    About the Absence:
    Due to unfortunate financial circumstances, I'm having to move back home with my parents for spring. That means I have to manage to handle my finals, transfer my grades and financial aid, and find someone to sub-lease my room at this place — all while trying to figure out how I'm going to physically get back home.

Finals are the week of December 3rd-December 8th, but I'll likely be popping on and trying to get some posts done. There may be days that I disappear completely, while other days I might pop on in the mornings or evenings. Most days, however, I'll try to be around as regularly as possible because I need some form of entertainment to get my mind off the stress.

EDIT: I'm moving back to Orlando on the 16th/17th! I'll probably be a complete emotional wreck that day because I'm going to miss my freedom and my best friend, so assume I'm not going to be here except maybe for late-night 12 Days!

Name:Meeka
    Characters Affected: All of them
    Date Leaving: Today
    Date Returning: idek
    About the Absence: Aside from my frequent asthma attacks, an inch and a half of my laptops lcd is glitching with a black spot . Laptop still works fine but I'm sending it for repair as soon as possible, probably tomorrow and I have no idea when I'll get it back until then.
    Meeka has gone back to school and is sorry for the very slow replies. Also, if she promised to to start something and forgot please PM her.

Exquisite Set Made by Lady
    [Image: RgBIFSu.jpg]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Clubs: Book-Transfiguration-Art-Astronomy || Classes: Ancient Runes - Ancient Studies - Astronomy -Charms - DADA - History - Transfiguration
    Name: Elaine
    Characters Affected: Everyone
    Date Leaving: Honestly like last week
    Date Returning: December 20th-ish
    About the Absence: My muse has been in the negative. Ideally, by the end of December, my brain will start to cooperate with me once more. And even if it doesn't, I'm gonna post some things then.
    [Image: Uze3hmr.png]
    [Image: w8aoop.gif][Image: j98sw5.gif][Image: buiZoFj.jpg]
    Bee is a graphical goddess
    Name: Soph
    Characters Affected: all
    Date Leaving: last saturday
    Date Returning: friday-ish
    About the Absence: I got laryngitis (lol) so I went home for a few days to get better and eat some proper food. I only brought my phone and I'm super lazy about using that for Charming. I promise to be more active once I'm back on my own laptop!
    Name: Bee
    Characters Affected: all those idiots
    Date Leaving: 12.11
    Date Returning: 1.1
    About the Absence: What I thought was just a mommy funk of exhaustion may actually be something a little more medically complex. I have a doctor's appointment scheduled in January with a new doctor to have some blood work done and figure it out, but I feel like I've got something going on with my thyroid. Unfortunately that was the earliest I could be seen so I'm going to be funky for a while longer. Plus the holidays stress me out unnecessarily. Mostly I'm just exhausted so lots of napping and going to bed early, which means little time or muse for posting, sorry loves!
    Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
    [Image: rb7FoHm.png]
    stunning set by Lady ♥
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    Name: MJ
    Status: Let's say scarce. This may change to full-on absent depending on how essays go. >.>
    Characters Affected: All
    Date Leaving: Dec 12th
    Date Returning: Jan 16th
    About the Absence: #deadlinesapproacheth
    Hello I have 3 x 5000 word postgrad essays to write for early January, lucky me. I've started research and planning on 2/3 already so this might not be as terrible as I make out, but if I procrastinate as usual, eventually I will want to die. (And some of the libraries have the audacity to close over Christmas? How dare they.) I also have to figure out my topic for this year's dissertation, on top of all the normal holiday things! Meanwhile the Canadian grandparents get here this weekend so t'will be a busy house, OH AND ALSO I’M SEEING HAMILTON ON THURSDAY?!?!?! (i did my waiting, two years of it!)

So posts will be slow but hopefully not gone altogether! Happy holidays y'all! <3
    [Image: RlYf65H.jpg]
    Name: Beanie
    Characters Affected: ugh
    Date Leaving: 12/13
    Date Returning: 12/20?
    About the Absence: I'M GOING HOOOOOME
    I just moved to a new country! [Image: mThvFq.png]
    set by MJ!

[Image: 11shy53.gif][Image: 16204dv.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      The School Year Hit List Handsome Whitledge 0 196 07-31-2017, 06:46 PM
    Last Post: Handsome Whitledge
      Summer Freedom! (MJ's To Do List) Elias Grimstone 4 435 05-28-2017, 04:32 PM
    Last Post: Trinity Estep
      Roo's Drop List Lynette Maroc 6 2,218 04-13-2014, 05:14 PM
    Last Post: Lynette Maroc
      Kayte's Shit List Odira Potter 10 3,370 04-09-2014, 03:04 PM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      Update regarding absence Ludolf Van Patten2 1 1,347 09-12-2013, 07:29 AM
    Last Post: Odira Potter