Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '86
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    06.15 Prefect season has begun!
    06.13 Abilities, adoptables, and notes on the CML
    06.11 Prepare yourselves - June 15th is coming!
    06.09 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHARMING!
    06.03 Networking has been cleaned up.
    06.01 New skins! Not kidding!
    06.01 June reminders!
    05.31 New skins...
    05.28 Students, get to work!
    05.27 A brief activity check reminder!
    05.21 Networking spring clean imminent!
    05.15 Important info for all students and professors!
    05.06 Activity Check underway; end of year approaching.
    04.29 It's gonna be May.
    04.29 Submit your summer banners!
    June 1887
    06.01 - 06.30 Posting Wizard
    June Writing Challenge
    06.09 Reconciliation Day
    06.17 Broom Jousting
    06.20 Irvingly Jubilee Picnic
    And More!

Absence List
    If you're going to be absent for a few days, post here! We ask that you try to give us a return date as well as a list of characters that you play. Absences over a month long may not be exempt from inactivity removal.

If you do not post with your characters for 2 months in a row, they will be inactivated even if there is an absence posted. Notices with no return date or a date more than a month in the future will be removed after one month.

Please use the form below so that no important information is excluded. Remember that you can post partial (posting notably slow or a break from one specific character) or full absences here!

Code:
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Status:[/b] Scarce or Absent
    [b]Characters Affected:[/b]
    [b]Date Leaving:[/b]
    [b]Date Returning:[/b]
    [b]About the Absence:[/b] Optional.

What’s the difference between scarce and absent?
    • An absent player, for whatever reason, can’t get on much—if at all—to post or chat. They might be travelling, spawning, hosting company, or particularly buried by work/school. They might need an LOA for personal or health reasons. If you’re absent, we might see you in the box occasionally, and you probably won’t be posting much. Absences can exempt a player from one Activity Check, but absent players may not create new characters as long as the notice is posted.

A scarce player is still likely to be around, but not as frequently or as long as usual. Posts will be slower but not altogether gone. They might be wrapping up school things but (like Kayte) still around off and on, they might be under the weather but still well enough to internet, or they might just be adjusting to a change in work hours. If you’re scarce, we’ll see you less, but it won’t be so much that we’ll cry ourselves to sleep missing you. Scarce players may still make new characters, but making more than one will nullify your AC absence.
    Name: Hawke
    Characters Affected: all
    Date Leaving: May1st
    Date Returning: July? August?
    About the Absence: lbr I've been scarce the pst few weeks and its likely to continue through this month. Jaxon has tbal games and all sorts of end of the school year activities going on. Not to mention I've done no baby prep for the upcoming arrival of baby Hawke#3.

I'll be absent for sure from June8th unto whenever we get acclimated with new baby. That is, if i don't miraculously go into labor before induction on the8th. I've been induced with my other2though so I'm not holding out much hope of not having to be induced.
    COMC, Muggle Studies, Ghoul Studies
    Another Godlike Nolan Set!

[Image: EmmySig_zpssaiqrfai.jpg]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    [Image: Emmriel_zpsm90r4lml.jpg]
    Name: Nichole
    Characters Affected: All
    Date Leaving: 6/11
    Date Returning: 6/16
    About the Absence: Camp, I'm not even allowed a phone so no internet for me.

Date Leaving: 6/19
    Date Returning: 6/28
    About the Absence: Visiting family + college tours

Date Leaving: 7/9
    Date Returning: 7/28
    About the Absence: More camp, but I will have internet this time!

Date Leaving: 6/1
    Date Returning: 8/13
    About the Absence: Summer, I'm home and my mom isn't a fan of me hibernating on my computer! This is more of a general warning than an absence/scarce as I'm not really busy, just not on as often.
    [Image: 7UbG8v9.jpg]
    thanks mj for the awsome set!!
    classes: earth magic, divination, music, transfiguration, charms, potions, history of magic, defense against the dark arts, astronomy, herbology, etiquette
    Name: Fawkes
    Date Leaving: now
    Date Returning: Maybe 6/8? 6/19
    About the Absence: They called in hospice for my aunt like two weeks ago and now they're calling my mom up to Indiana to be with/help take care of her since she keeps getting weaker.  So 20 hour roadtrip to drive her up tomorrow evening and then flying back next Wednesday and suddenly everything is happening all at once.

EDITING to extend for the funeral and more travel
    Wonderful set by Beeeee <3 
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Name: Tiffany
    Characters Affected: See CML
    Date Leaving: June 14th
    Date Returning: June 23rd
    About the Absence: I'm doing a roadtrip/graduation party/Father's Day/huge celebration at my dad's in Minnesota and seeing as I'm driving I won't have much time to post or be on the internet! There is wifi at the hotel & my dad's and I'm bringing my laptop but don't expect many posts as this is the first time in over 5 years all my sisters and I will be together under one roof. Also potentially stopping by Niagara Falls b/c why not & it's not too out of the way on the way back so. #yeah Skype, text, and Facebook are all good ways to get a hold of me (also Nolan.)
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Daniel Merricks's post:
       Theseus Greengrass
    [Image: danielsig_zpseturgzvn.png]
    Name: Kayte
    Characters Affected: All of them?
    Date Leaving: June 21st
    Date Returning: June 25th
    About the Absence: Camping with my 7th graders and then with my 1st graders. I'm excited but also pray for me.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Odira Potter's post:
       Theseus Greengrass
    — Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —

set by the unparalleled lady
    Name: Jenny
    Date Leaving: 21st June
    Date Returning: 24th June
    About the Absence: London arch exhibition for two days, followed by an internship interview I'm high key terrified for on the 23rd! Plus then 4 or so hours on a coach so I'll be whacked.
    [Image: LVt7zaV.jpg]
    I owe MJ all my love <3
    Jenny has sold her soul to gods of architecture and is most likely absent to some degree unless otherwise said. If you need me, various people have non-charming ways of throwing stones at me
    Name: Nolan
    Date Leaving: June 17th, 2017
    Date Returning: July 2nd, 2017
    About the Absence: This internship thingy is turning out to be a lot more difficult than I anticipated and my supervisor thinks it's a great idea to keep piling on unnecessary work for me to do :) So basically I'm stuck researching / writing / filling out applications all day long and it's pummeling my muse into a mushed blob of grossness. I'm finishing it at the end of next month but wanted to give myself some time to feel less stressed about posting for the time being.

As always, I'll still be able to tend to OOC things such as WW, Buddy, and staff duties along with graphics and such. I'll try to get to my owed posts by the end of the month, though I apologize ahead of time if that does not happen! If I have a thread with you, please feel free to poke me on Skype or shoot me a PM and I'll get to it when I can.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Theseus Greengrass's post:
       Gwendolyn Vane-Tempest
    Have a character who would like a pseudonym, wouldn't like to be featured, or has no issues with being mentioned in Witch Weekly? Check out this thread!
    [Image: TheseusSig_1_zpsfenhdsz2.png]
    WONDERFUL SET BY BEE
    Name: Olive
    Date Leaving: June 21st
    Date Returning: Optimistically June 22nd, realistically June 24th/25th
    About the Absence: Tonsillectomy time! I get them out tomorrow morning and have to stay in overnight. I don't know what my internet situation will be in hospital but I'm going to try and bring my tablet because damned if I'm sitting in a bed for 20 hours with nothing to do. My activity once I'm released into the wild again will depend on the pain post-surgery. I'm working on the assumption that it will be pretty horrific but computer will be a good distraction. I may, however, feel like staying in bed for several days. I don't know yet.
    Rune's set skills are phantasmagorical <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      Summer Freedom! (MJ's To Do List) Elias Grimstone 4 219 05-28-2017, 04:32 PM
    Last Post: Trinity Estep
      Roo's Drop List Lynette Maroc 6 1,792 04-13-2014, 05:14 PM
    Last Post: Lynette Maroc
      Kayte's Shit List Odira Potter 10 2,724 04-09-2014, 03:04 PM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      Update regarding absence Ludolf Van Patten2 1 1,191 09-12-2013, 07:29 AM
    Last Post: Odira Potter