Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '86
  • CML
  • The Daily Prophet Headlines
    03.10 Pettigrew Found Unconscious
    03.02 Debutante Killer Sentenced
    01.13 Blizzard Clean Up Reveals Corpse
    01.05 The Wallingfords in Mourning
    01.04 Blizzard Finally Ceases
    Latest Witch Weekly
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    03.17 Students now have full access to their house skins!
    03.09 Changes to Student Clubs records
    03.01 Activity Check, new skins, and more!
    02.28 So you want to be a Wench?
    02.27 24 hours to submit a Spring banner!
    02.26 The staff team would like your SKINput on spring availability~
    02.25 The March AC is on the horizon!
    02.20 We've made some changes to our History Records
    02.12 An early Valentine's Day announcement!
    02.08 Technical difficulties and Potion Brewing Competition sign ups!
    02.03 PW Winner and February's Writing Challenge
    02.01 AC News
    01.01 Happy New Year, Charming!
    12.28 The activity check approaches!
    12.04 New skins!
    12.01 AC news, Secret Swap, and Events!
    March 1887
    03.01 - 03.31 Posting Wizard
    March Writing Challenge
    03.04 Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff
    03.07 Thread Roulette
    03.24 - 03.26 Sanditon Spring Fling
    And More!

Absence List
    If you're going to be absent for a few days, post here! We ask that you try to give us a return date as well as a list of characters that you play. Absences over a month long may not be exempt from inactivity removal.

If you do not post with your characters for 2 months in a row, they will be inactivated even if there is an absence posted. Notices with no return date or a date more than a month in the future will be removed after one month.

Please use the form below so that no important information is excluded. Remember that you can post partial (posting notably slow or a break from one specific character) or full absences here!

Code:
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Status:[/b] Scarce or Absent
    [b]Characters Affected:[/b]
    [b]Date Leaving:[/b]
    [b]Date Returning:[/b]
    [b]About the Absence:[/b] Optional.

What’s the difference between scarce and absent?
    • An absent player, for whatever reason, can’t get on much—if at all—to post or chat. They might be travelling, spawning, hosting company, or particularly buried by work/school. They might need an LOA for personal or health reasons. If you’re absent, we might see you in the box occasionally, and you probably won’t be posting much. Absences can exempt a player from one Activity Check, but absent players may not create new characters as long as the notice is posted.

A scarce player is still likely to be around, but not as frequently or as long as usual. Posts will be slower but not altogether gone. They might be wrapping up school things but (like Kayte) still around off and on, they might be under the weather but still well enough to internet, or they might just be adjusting to a change in work hours. If you’re scarce, we’ll see you less, but it won’t be so much that we’ll cry ourselves to sleep missing you. Scarce players may still make new characters, but making more than one will nullify your AC absence.
    Name: Rune
    Characters Affected: Violet Wiltingham, Harry Inkersoll
    Date Leaving: 1/30
    Date Returning: Unclear; will pop in and out.
    About the Absence: I've been dealing with some health issues and that ofc means school is becoming heavy load. I really hope it clears soon, I miss this place dearly :(
    [-] The following 2 users Like Violet Wiltingham's post:
       Elsie Beauregard, Nathaniel Gallivan
    [Image: dUouH9c.png]
    Name: MJ
    Characters Affected: All
    Date Leaving: I've been scarce all month tbh XD
    Date Returning: Asap, I'll say end of March for now.
    About the Absence: Yep, I suck and am covering my bases for the AC, but basically: final year of uni is burying me. This was my week "off", and in the last two days alone I've had to send off a Master's application, do a week's worth of Latin and write a whole essay, and here I am having not found any time to write my dissertation... Basically it's A Lot right now, and because of that my posting energies are low. I'm still trying to be around as much as possible and I'm hoping I'll get a handle on things sooner rather than later (y'know, before exam season, hahahaha no). Shouldn't be a complete absence, just excuses for why I'm Stressed and slow on the reply front, sorry friends!
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Elias Grimstone's post:
       Tilda MacFusty
    [Image: 7viRK0H.jpg]
    Name: Kayte
    Characters Affected: All of them!
    Date Leaving: March 26th
    Date Returning: June 11th-ish
    About the Absence: I will be doing my final practicum (labor dispute is settled, huzzah!) from March 27th-May 26th. I anticipate fluctuating scarcity both in and out of character at this time, though plan to set aside at least a couple dedicated posting hours each week!

Basically right after, I'm off to England for about two weeks, and will be almost entirely absent IC and scarce OOC. YAY ADVENTURES. On the bright side, I'll be able to show up on @Ursula Black's doorstep and harass her in person if anyone wants her to do anything ;)
    [-] The following 5 users Like Odira Potter's post:
       Cameron Gillenwater, Elsie Beauregard, Theseus Greengrass, Tristan Michaud, Ursula Black
    Currently on scarcity!
    — Kayte isn't awesome at networking. Get in touch if you'd like a thread! —

set by the unparalleled lady
    Name: Bree
    Characters Affected: All of them!
    Date Leaving: April 7; April 10-April 22; May 9-May 20
    Date Returning: May 21
    About the Absence: Alright so it's nearing the end of the school year, and many of you probably know that I'm a high school senior. April 7th is Grad Bash, which means I'll be spending the evening and night at Universal #PerksofBeinginOrlando. April 10-22 is a whole week of seniors getting prepared to graduate (having their senior picnic, finishing senior pictures, cap & gown tryouts, and then there's Prom). May 9-12 is senior exams, and then May 12th is my final day of high school! May 13 is my birthday, and then I'll probably proceed to panic for the next week, when graduation is on the 20th. I know this is in advance, but I just got my schedule for the next few months and I don't want to forget!
    [Image: cammiesig2_zps5lvzgi8b.jpg]
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Name: Lynn
    Characters Affected: All!
    Date Leaving: March 5
    Date Returning: March 28
    About the Absence:
    March 5-6, visiting DC with my Mom. Absent those days.
    March 8-21, visiting Jack in Seattle. I won't even really be properly scarce, because Jack still has to work those days, but like PSA I'll be in a different time zone and won't be on much on weekends.

March 22-28, Jack will be here with me and helping me move so I'll be properly scarce. I'll still be available through all the usual means.

FOR THE REST OF MY SCARCITY, I'm only going to take time to post if it's a plot related, time sensitive thread. This includes the following:
    • LOCK: Rock, Sandcastles, the Match
    • LOU: Return thread
    • BEN: Ben/Olivia, Ben/Aldous
    • TIB: Thunder & Lightning
    • Ophelia: Balt/Armando
    • Thom, Eli, Topaz: Nadda, kids. come on losers do something exciting
    • but maybe Cashli or Angeli if I'm in the mood

So if you aren't one of those posts, stfu. I'll be back next week.
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Ophelia Dippet's post:
       Elsie Beauregard
    For Christmas, Hawke gave me the gift of beauty. In the form of a set.
    [Image: 8vepvtq.png]
    [Image: j98sw5.gif]

Name: Tiffany
    Characters Affected: see CML
    Date Leaving: haha what day is it? Like a month ago
    Date Returning: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    About the Absence: Life sucks. Adulting is hard. Tell @Theseus Greengrass if you need me
    [Image: valeriawinter2_zpswyzuxj4n.png]
    Name: Steph
    Characters Affected: All the losers
    Date Leaving: 3/17
    Date Returning: Ugh.
    About the Absence: So I've been a fail for a while now. <.< I'm not feeling that great, I went to the doc, he put me on meds that made me feel worse. I'm going to take the weekend to make decisions about characters and such. Oof. D:
    [Image: 219qvph.png]
    Beautiful set by Bee!
    Name: Nichole
    Characters Affected: all
    Date Leaving: 3/22
    Date Returning: 3/26\27
    About the Absence: School trip
    [Image: 2zq6gpk.png]
    thank you, bee, for the amazing set!!
    Name: Hawke
    Characters Affected: all
    Date Leaving: 3.22.17