Charming is a Victorian Era Harry Potter roleplay set primarily in the village of Hogsmeade, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and the non-canon village of Irvingly. Characters of all classes, both magical and muggle — and even non-human! — are welcome.

With a member driven story line, monthly games and events, and a friendly and drama-free community focused on quality over quantity, the only thing you can be sure of is fun!
  • Newbie Guide
  • Apps
  • Rules
  • Playbys
  • Policy
  • Buddy System
  • History Lists
  • Occupations
  • Census
  • Adoptables
  • Hogwarts '86
  • CML
  • Daily Prophet
  • Witch Weekly
  • Lonely Threads
  • House Points
  • Events
  • Map
  • Suggestions
  • Maintenance
  • Stamps
  • Documentation
  • Toggle Cbox

News
    08.08 We have two PW winners for July: Soph and Beanie!
    08.07 SWP7 update for those working/in Hogsmeade
    08.05 Hogwarts updates have begun! Also, the AC is underway.
    08.01 Happy August!
    07.31 SWP meets Monthly Grouper in an opportunity to network and get some stamps.
    07.29 AC incoming et al.
    07.28 And the prefects are...
    07.23 Your stamp collection is about to get bigger!
    07.21 Calling in the banners!
    07.15 The rubble has been cleared and deadlines loom!
    07.10 Not one, not two, but THREE more stamps to add to your collection~
    07.09 New Account Change Feature!
    07.09 Disaster strikes!
    07.08 Charmers go above and beyond...
    07.07 Pop-up protest and photobucket things
    07.06 Photobucket emergency! Read me!
    07.04 A plot is afoot ;)
    07.01 July has come! Group threads are coming!
    August 1887
    SWP7 is live!
    08.01 - 08.31 Posting Wizard
    07.01 - 08.31 Camp Charming
    08.09 - 08.16 Adinbury Hunt
    08.14 Anti-Ban Protest
    08.16 - 08.23 Sanditon Regatta
    08.25 Hogsmeade Hall Dance
    And More!

Absence List
    If you're going to be absent for a few days, post here! We ask that you try to give us a return date as well as a list of characters that you play. Absences over a month long may not be exempt from inactivity removal.

If you do not post with your characters for 2 months in a row, they will be inactivated even if there is an absence posted. Notices with no return date or a date more than a month in the future will be removed after one month.

Please use the form below so that no important information is excluded. Remember that you can post partial (posting notably slow or a break from one specific character) or full absences here!

Code:
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Status:[/b] Scarce or Absent
    [b]Characters Affected:[/b]
    [b]Date Leaving:[/b]
    [b]Date Returning:[/b]
    [b]About the Absence:[/b] Optional.

What’s the difference between scarce and absent?
    • An absent player, for whatever reason, can’t get on much—if at all—to post or chat. They might be travelling, spawning, hosting company, or particularly buried by work/school. They might need an LOA for personal or health reasons. If you’re absent, we might see you in the box occasionally, and you probably won’t be posting much. Absences can exempt a player from one Activity Check, but absent players may not create new characters as long as the notice is posted.

A scarce player is still likely to be around, but not as frequently or as long as usual. Posts will be slower but not altogether gone. They might be wrapping up school things but (like Kayte) still around off and on, they might be under the weather but still well enough to internet, or they might just be adjusting to a change in work hours. If you’re scarce, we’ll see you less, but it won’t be so much that we’ll cry ourselves to sleep missing you. Scarce players may still make new characters, but making more than one will nullify your AC absence.
    Name: Jenny
    Characters Affected: All
    Date Leaving: 15th July
    Date Returning: 2nd September
    About the Absence:
    Jenny is off to the city to sell her soul as an intern!
    [Image: 1467193679_unpaid-intern-bill.gif]
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Annette Fontaine's post:
       Odira Potter
    [Image: LVt7zaV.jpg]
    I owe MJ all my love <3
    Jenny has sold her soul to gods of architecture and is most likely absent to some degree unless otherwise said. If you need me, various people have non-charming ways of throwing stones at me
    Name: Bree
    Characters Affected: All of them.
    Date Leaving: August 15-16, August 18, August 21-22
    Date Returning: August 22
    About the Absence:
    I'm leaving Orlando and moving to Tallahassee for college! It's ~280 miles away from home and this will be the first time I've been on my own, so I'll definitely need time for adjustment!

August 15-16 | SCARCE. The 15th is moving day and my mother will be dragging me around Tally on the 16th. I'll still be on my laptop all of Tuesday morning since I'll be on the road, but I'll be iffy in the afternoon. I'll still be on in the evenings on both days, so expect some level of posting!

August 18 | ABSENT (mostly). Freshman day at college means Bree is not going to be sitting in front of her laptop! You might see me on in the evenings, but there's no guarantee that I will be awake enough to do anything productive.

August 21-211 | SCABSENT. The 21st and 22nd are both the first days of class and I'll probably be on screeching about college, but I'm not sure what level of posting you'll get from me. I do use computer time as a stress reliever, so I'll probably checking Charming on impulse all day. I'll be on in the evenings, like usual!
    [Image: IZNR3M.png]
    gorgeous set brought to you by Stefanie [Image: _flirty__by_elicoronel16.gif]
    tutor Annabelle! | Annabelle's journal

Name: Miri
    Characters Affected:
    Abigale Abbott
    Archibald Maxwell
    Coraline Cattermole
    Drusilla Travers
    Eliza Tremlett
    Garrett Wallingford
    Georgia Gibbons
    Hortensia Moody
    Imogen MacFusty
    Marianne Hatchitt
    Persephone Van Helsing
    September Lynch
    William Pendergast
    Date Leaving: 7/18/17
    Date Returning: End of July? Early August? 8/31/17 9/5/17
    About the Absence:
    Some of you may know that I currently live with my grandmother at the moment. Long story short, I had to call 911 for her last night, and she's currently in the hospital. It was a scary (and unexpected) thing and I am still a bit shaken by it, and might still be over the next couple of days. In addition to that, I'm studying for some tests and generally trying to get my life together, so my brain is kind of all over the place right now. But Charming is a wonderful, positive distraction, so I'll be around even if I won't be posting a whole lot. I'm sorry to everyone I owe posts and threads to. <3

UPDATE: Grandma's home now. We've got medications and follow-up appointments over the next week or so. The worst seems to be over now, thankfully, but my family and I are still keeping a close eye on her.

UPDATE 7/30: Meant to update this a few days ago, but forgot whoops. After some discussion between my family and I regarding my living arrangement with Grandma, it's been decided that I will be returning home on August 1st. Once I'm there, I'm going to be frantically looking for work and settling my school affairs so I can start in January, so still some scarcity from me until then. Again, I apologize profusely to everyone I owe threads and posts to. <3

UPDATE 8/18: Got accepted for a job, just waiting on the call to be put on the schedule/go to orientation. Extended my absence by a week just in case they don't get back to me anytime soon. I really don't know how they're going to schedule me or how well I'll adjust,
    so I'm giving myself a bit of leeway.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Imogen MacFusty's post:
       Odira Potter
    I'm currently on absence, detailed here.
    Please send all alerts to @Imogen MacFusty, thank you!
    [Image: 6ipiXdu.jpg]
    signature and avatar created by the talented ladybug
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Name: Lynn
    Characters Affected: All, but some more than others
    Date Leaving: See below
    Date Returning: See below
    About the Absence:

4 - 17 August: Scarce, holiday!

19 - 31 August: Scarce, I'll be back on the East Coast (and in East Coast time) but will be out of town both those weekends and Jack will be here, so general scarcity.

20 - 30 September: Absent. This is my road trip to Seattle with ALL THE THINGS and then I'll be unpacking.

I shouldn't need any AC assistance with anyone (the folks going inactive are intentional), this is just a general heads up!
    Name: MJ
    Status: This is mostly a retrospective-absence and some dotty scarcity!
    Characters Affected: All
    Date Leaving: A couple weeks ago~
    Date Returning: 29th August
    About the Absence: So belated apologies, I haven't been around much in the past week or two: graduation and clearing out the flat and my last few days in London all crept up on me horrendously. However I'm back at home-home and should be around more now!

So why are you posting an absence now, MJ? Aha! Canada dates! I'll be absent around Monday 7th and the 24th/25th, and then am back moving out the rest of my stuff from the flat on the weekend. Otherwise during Canada days I should be actually around, hallelujah!

edit, 14th Aug: got up at 4am but just got standby flights to head out to Calgary/Banff National Park for two days or so, during which time I will be totally wifi-less!
    [-] The following 1 user Likes Elias Grimstone's post:
       Elsie Beauregard
    [Image: RlYf65H.jpg]
    Name: Lady
    Characters Affected: see CML
    Date Leaving: Like a week ago...
    Date Returning: Sept. 9th
    About the Absence: 
    I'm in my school's summer theater program and holy crap when did my life just turn into nothing that is everything. My days used to be crammed with doing fitness classes, work and also building sets (essentially a 8am-10pm day not including time for dinner), but now that rehearsals for the musical I'm in have started, it's basically gonna be 8-9am Zumba with a 10am-10pm rehearsal schedule until September 3rd when we close the musical. And even then, I'm moving back home on the 5th so I'm giving myself a few days of leeway to wind down.

ANYWHO all this is to protect my bbies until September just in case I drop off the face of the earth, which I apologize profusely to all you guys for. I still intend to post occasionally, but that is also occasionally. Should you need me, I'm easily contactable via Skype or PM. If all else fails, other people have other ways of getting in contact with me if some god-awful emergency pops up xD

EDIT: Theeeere's also a new guy in mah life, so I also might be distracted by him.... O.o (ugh you guys he's amazing and I'm not sure how to handle it holy crap)
    Tilda speaks with an accent that is a mix between Scottish and Irish.
    [Image: cNEJhqJ.jpg]
    Name:Meeka
    Characters Affected:All of then
    Date Leaving: sort of last week
    Date Returning: idek maybe in September or last week of August
    About the Absence: College applications, projects, more school activities, research, more projects, investigatory project, exams, proposed business plan, SCHOOL. In short I'm just super stressed right now and I currently lack sleep and high in caffeine. *sobs*
    Meeka has gone back to school and is sorry for the very slow replies. Also, if she promised to to start something and forgot please PM her.

Exquisite Set Made by Lady
    [Image: RgBIFSu.jpg]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Clubs: Book-Transfiguration-Art-Astronomy || Classes: Ancient Runes - Ancient Studies - Astronomy -Charms - DADA - History - Transfiguration
    Name: Nolan
    Characters Affected: All.
    Date Leaving: 8/14/2017
    Date Returning: 9/05/2017
    About the Absence: The fellowship has concluded but I'm now volunteering at the same place to make up some of the hours aaaaand I can't access Charming during work hours. Once classes resume on the 28th, I'll only be at work on Wednesdays and Fridays so hopefully I'll have more time to dedicate to posting and things. I wanted to give myself some lee-way to make sure this is the case. Also, this is why I've been a suck-ball all summer xD

As always, I'll be lingering on Skype and doing behind-the-scenes work, but won't be fully able to engage in time-sensitive posting or threading. If there is something you really need me to reply to or that requires a little more attention, feel free to poke me, however I can't guarantee the replies will be lengthy!
    Have a character who would like a pseudonym, wouldn't like to be featured, or has no issues with being mentioned in Witch Weekly? Check out this thread!
    [Image: INGAcQ.png]

Name: Bee
    Characters Affected: All those idiots
    Date Leaving: Aug 14
    Date Returning: Sept 3rd
    About the Absence:

I'm burnt guys.

One more week of camp and I'm hoping that's the end of it, but I'm covering my ass because we literally have a wedding every weekend from here until Labor Day weekend, so I can't guarantee I'll be around. Hubs goes back to work the 17th, I'm done the 18th, but then I go back the 30th and we want to cram some summer in that week that I'm off. Not to mention C is back to waking up at or before 5am every day. She's killing me slowly.

I'm exhausted, I've got zero muse and it sucks and I hate it and I want my school year schedule back and I hope that it comes back soon, in the meantime I am incredibly sorry.
    Get Featured in Witch Weekly!
    [Image: rb7FoHm.png]
    stunning set by Lady ♥
    [Image: 2emz8zq.png]
    Name: Momo
    Characters Affected: Roman, Evie, Cupcake
    Date Leaving: 8/19
    Date Returning: 8/23
    About the Absence: Family road trip/reunion! Might be on in the hotel in the evenings, but most likely gone.
    [Image: cupsjdjkirfsigne7c76.jpg]
    [Image: ww8zAI1.gif]
    Pretty set and button by Bree! <3

Name: Stefanie
    Characters Affected: August Lynch
    Date Leaving: 8/17
    Date Returning: 8/22
    About the Absence: Soooo I'm sick... AGAIN. Apparently sunshine is my weakness as I never got this sick back when I lived in the rainy wonderland of Washington. I actually turned on my computer just so I could post this because my whole day so far has been me curled up in bed with my cat making rounds every hour or so to check if I'm still breathing [idk if I should be flattered or worried that he's hungry]. Regardless, I imagine I'll by feeling better by the end of the weekend [hopefully]. <3
    August is currently recovering from amnesia. For the past year and seven months he's been living under the name "Peter" as a LC muggle. He is very slowly remembering bits and pieces of his old life, and thusly will probably not recall your character at all as of right now.

Possibly Related Threads...
    Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
      The School Year Hit List Handsome Whitledge 0 114 07-31-2017, 06:46 PM
    Last Post: Handsome Whitledge
      Summer Freedom! (MJ's To Do List) Elias Grimstone 4 282 05-28-2017, 04:32 PM
    Last Post: Trinity Estep
      Roo's Drop List Lynette Maroc 6 1,908 04-13-2014, 05:14 PM
    Last Post: Lynette Maroc
      Kayte's Shit List Odira Potter 10 2,938 04-09-2014, 03:04 PM
    Last Post: Odira Potter
      Update regarding absence Ludolf Van Patten2 1 1,243 09-12-2013, 07:29 AM
    Last Post: Odira Potter