Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Character faces can be temporarily locked. You can "immortalize" yours for 3 months at 75 posts, and 6 months at 200! — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

The Hufflepuff for Julius Scrimgeour.
The new summer musical hit, The Greatest Broman!
Her niece's humility was an admirable thing and had the added advantage of leaving Temperance feeling as though she was constantly rendering Blythe dumb with her words of wisdom and encouragement.Temperance Fairchild in Messiah
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
See your character from sorting through graduation by completing at least one post each year (10+ posts, 3+ yours) and participating in the initial sorting ceremony.
>
<

breeware of this incomplete networking
Open 
WIP as of June 3rd, 2019

@Edward Macmillan
31 | UCPB | Ravenclaw Alumnus ('76) | Gentleman of Leisure | Unattached
Connection & plot ideas:
  • Edward's reputation is a 9. For the sake of his family, he only openly associates with respectable people.
  • Friends! Edward is sorely lacking in this department. Most of his friends would would be other UC gentleman, probably purebloods or halfbloods, who either don't have a job or don't have a demanding job.
  • Something to get... involved with? Most of Edward's life has been entirely too quiet for my taste's, so whether it's an organization, a group, or just a plain ol' sticky situation, I'm down for something eventful.

@Handsome Whitledge
19 | UCHB | Gryffindor Alumnus ('88) | Dept. MLE Intern | Unattached
Connection & plot ideas:
  • Handsome's reputation is a 7. He's been known to hang around people with middling reputations, but knows better than to spend time with people likely to stir more rumors.
  • Coworkers! Some Dept. MLE (or even Dept. MA&C) members might remember him from when he did his summer internships, but some may not. He's sort of floundering around as an intern right now, trying to find his place, so I'm definitely open to finding him a "role model" of sorts.

@Eldin Bones
17 | UCPB | Slytherin Student | Seventh Year; Prefect & Beater ('89) | Unattached
Connection & plot ideas:
  • Eldin's reputation is a 9. He's friendly to most, but will not associate with those who would cause his family to question his judgment.

@Frida Lestrange
16 | UCPB | Hufflepuff Student | Sixth Year; Prefect ('89) | Unattached
Connection & plot ideas:
  • Frida's reputation is a 10. She only associates with people her family approves of (... and then some. Quietly.)

@Holly Scrimgeour
13 | UCPB | Slytherin Student | Third Year ('89) | Betrothed
Connection & plot ideas:
  • Holly's reputation is a 7. She only associates with people she deems worthy of knowing her, which usually means people with "good" reputations or other exceptionally-skilled wizards and witches.

@Flora Mulciber
12 | UCPB | Slytherin Student | Second Year ('89) | Unattached
Connection & plot ideas:
  • Flora's reputation is a 9. She tries to only associate with people she envisions her mother smiling approvingly at, but does, at times, befriend people outside her traditional social group.

@Carius Bulstrode
11 | UCPB | Gryffindor Student | Second Year ('89) | Unattached
Connection & plot ideas:
  • Carius' reputation is a 10. He associates with anyone he feels comfortable around.

@Edric Umbridge
37 | MCPB | Slytherin Alumnus ('70) | Head Auror | Married to @February Umbridge
Connection & plot ideas:
  • Edric's reputation is a 7. A proud man with his identity rooted deep in his job, Edric will openly refuse to associate with people with (or even suspected) criminal histories.

@Finnian Byrne
32 | MCHB | Gryffindor Alumnus ('75) | Lawyer | Unattached-ish
Connection & plot ideas:
  • Finnian's reputation is a 7. It would be bold of you to assume he kept track of social matters enough to know someone he's talking to has a scandalous history.

@Dionisia Fisk (née Tweedy)
21 | WC > MCMB | Hufflepuff Dropout ('84) | Mediwitch-on-Hiatus | Married to @Ari Fisk
Connection & plot ideas:
  • Dionisia's reputation is a 5 thanks to her quick ascent up the social ladder. She prefers to associate with respectable sorts for the sake of her family, but is too polite to actively shun anyone.

@Cameron Gillenwater
14 | MCMB | Gryffindor Student | Fourth Year; Chaster ('89) | Unattached
Connection & plot ideas:
  • Cameron's reputation is a 9. He's friendly to nearly anyone who will repay the kindness regardless of reputation.

@Akash Patil
25 | WCMB | Hufflepuff Alumnus ('83) | Potion & Plant Poisoning Healer, St. Mungo's | Unattached
Connection & plot ideas:
  • Akash's reputation is a 9. He's friendly towards everyone, but due to his involvement in the Church he's likely to only associate with people who are not outwardly scandalous.

@Bella Scrimgeour
20 | WCPB | Gryffindor Alumna ('87) | MacFusty Research Assistant | Complicated
Connection & plot ideas:
  • Bella's reputation is a 3. She'll befriend anyone regardless of blood, class, or reputation who will give her a chance, but those who do are far and few between and usually have issues of their own.
  • Characters with similar jobs! Bella is far from a trained magizoologist, but she once encountered a (toddling) dragon and didn't get murdered? She thinks that counts for something! She works with the MacFusty family and has a year's worth of experience studying them, so she's bound to have met some dragon-lovers, dragon-researchers, and people who generally love magical creatures.

my sanity back, please and thank you

[-] The following 1 user Likes Edric Umbridge's post:
   Acacia Ruskin

Want to help ruin the social lives of your favorite characters? Contribute to Witch Weekly!
For Albert:

I have Ace, who he could have minor conflicts with regarding their differences in political views. An unwilling Juniper who would give him the death glare. And for your hurling needs, I have Odette.

For Edward:

He and Warwick can be potential friends. Also has Odette for hurling needs.

For Eldin:

We can do another friend thread with him and Goodluck.

For Flora:

Do you still want to revive the Claire thread? Or would you like a new one? Any other students are fair game for threads. Also let me know if you want one with Jeremiah.

For Frida:

Would you like to see if she would develop a crush on Lucky? Sweetie would not like her upon learning that she's friends with Jemima.

For Handsome:

We gonna do a fam thread one day? We can see if he and Ace click as friends. It likely won't go anywhere, but feel free to discuss a hurling thread between him and my blonde debutante - cause drama is fun.

For Holly:

Also family threads here if you want. And feel free to have her upset any of my characters. I don't know if any of them would tutor her, maybe Sweetie with transfiguration if Holly can convince her to.

For Aria:

Always in the mood for another thread with her and Ace, especially with everything going on right now if there's a Hogsmeade Weekend coming up or something. Sweetie would be willing to discuss homework with her, and would stand up to any bullies because she's sick and tired of the hate. Claire is in her house and could accidently upset her with one of her pranks.

For Cameron:

Hestia is on the team this year, and I'd love to get more IC discussions going on that.

For Dio:

I have the new character Katerina, who has a serious crush on Dio's brother-in-law Nemo. And it helps that they work together and Katerina tags along when her brother hangs out with the Fisks (is Nemo's best friend).

For Edric:

He and Victor could be buddies if they encountered each other and got to chatting? We've got the stuff with Ace going on.

For Finnian:

Let him awkwardly flirt with my women. Some may find it amusing, and some would likely get mad.

For Helga:

Regina needs new friends and doesn't mind them being lower classes than her, if you want to see if they click as friends? I don't mind her trying to set Regina up with Eugene, though I'm not fully certain how Regina will react.

For Joss:

If you want any letters between her and Lucky, let me know. I'm not sure who else is a good threading partner for her though.

For Justice:

I have Acacia, who might be talking about Jemima with a bit negativity in the common room. If he wants to defend Jemima's honor or something, let me know.

For Leah:

We can develop the connection between Leah and Acacia more. I'm also curious as to how Leah will interact with Sweetie.

For Myra:

She likes adventure? So does Claire! They should go on adventures together. Sweetie would stand by her in the whole anti-hate discussions. Is she a Muggle Studies student? Jeremiah would be glad to answer any questions or help out a Ravenclaw student if needed.

For Bella:

Want her to plot with Victor? She can plot with Victor! Is she trying to get her job back? Flirt? Go for it. Regina drama is welcome. If Claire meets her at some point and hears talks of dragons, she will definitely try to talk to her about that (it would be hilarious for some 12 year old to just start trying to follow her around for an afternoon).

Magic by MJ!

Best I could offer you (that we don't already have going :P) is a Leah/Trixie thread where Trix guesses she's crushing on Prue and is a dick about it?

[Image: oTkHlW.png]
gorgeous set by MJ
(February 3, 2019 – 9:19 PM)Elladora Black Wrote: Best I could offer you (that we don't already have going :P) is a Leah/Trixie thread where Trix guesses she's crushing on Prue and is a dick about it?

100% down for this >D
I think from a narrative perspective it would make more sense for you to start, but I can if necessary! <3

set by MJ!
Post Log
I'm just going to give you all the options, okay? haha

For Flora:
If she wants first year friends, I have @Archer Belby and @Fleur Rey who I'll happily thread with you with! I'm not so sure how her and Fleur will get along since she is a bit silly, but she might like Archer if she can get past his shyness. He is also in the choir like she is. As for transfiguration experiments @Thomas Montgomery might help her out, just out of curiosity to see if she is correct. haha

For Frida:
@Clementine Rookwood, obviously. Maybe diary related stuff.

For Handsome:
Maybe @Gilbert Whitechapel and him can be depressed drinking buddies? haha

For Holly:
I don't have any friend options for her, but feel free to have her torment any of my students!

For Aria:
Since it was written in the diary that Archer was reading up on all sorts of werewolf (and other) things, maybe they could have an altercation? Other than that, perhaps her and Thomas could befriend one another over awkward homework things.

For Justice:
Sibling threads with Clementine.

I think that's all I have for you? Billie can bug your Hogsmeade residents, but at think that's it from me.

[Image: xxq4g6.png]
Awesome signature by MJ!  Thank yoooou!
@Acacia Ruskin
Quote:For Albert:

I have Ace, who he could have minor conflicts with regarding their differences in political views. An unwilling Juniper who would give him the death glare. And for your hurling needs, I have Odette.
I'm sure they'd conflict, but I'm not sure what reason they'd have to interact other than a general chitchat thread. If something comes along, let me know! As far as Juniper is concerned, I don't think he'd make the same mistake of getting close to her again. Not only did she spook him, but he hates the idea of losing his wits. Hurling-wise, he and Odette might get along! As long as the hurling thread isn't some Generic Ball Thread, I'm down ;)

Quote:For Edward:

He and Warwick can be potential friends. Also has Odette for hurling needs.
I think Warwick is a little extreme in his views, but who knows! Odette's personality is definitely too overbearing for Edward to handle. Based on his previous IC interactions, I'm of the opinion that he'd click best with a sweet, bubbly sort of woman.

Quote:For Eldin:

We can do another friend thread with him and Goodluck.
We could! Tell me more ;)

Quote:For Flora:

Do you still want to revive the Claire thread? Or would you like a new one? Any other students are fair game for threads. Also let me know if you want one with Jeremiah.
I think a new one would be best; I'll think of something! I'm not sure what reason Flora would have to interact with Jeremiah at the current time, but I'll let you know if I think of anything.

Quote:For Frida:

Would you like to see if she would develop a crush on Lucky? Sweetie would not like her upon learning that she's friends with Jemima.
Hmmm, we could re: Lucky/Frida. I'm not sure how they'd mesh, but weirder things have happened with characters of mine! Frida is high-key terrified of Sweetie, so I'm sure Frida already assumes Sweetie dislikes her.

Quote:For Handsome:

We gonna do a fam thread one day? We can see if he and Ace click as friends. It likely won't go anywhere, but feel free to discuss a hurling thread between him and my blonde debutante - cause drama is fun.
100% down for Ace/Handsome. Unsure about a family thread because everyone is still at Hogwarts right now and I'm not sure what it might accomplish right now. And by blonde debutante do you mean Regina?

Quote:For Holly:

Also family threads here if you want. And feel free to have her upset any of my characters. I don't know if any of them would tutor her, maybe Sweetie with transfiguration if Holly can convince her to.
We could do another Camille/Holly as long as it had a purpose! And I'm not sure if Holly/Sweetie would work out well, but I'd love to see them in action. Holly prefers the company of people who (1) provide advantageous social connections, or (2) are easily manipulated.

Quote:For Aria:

Always in the mood for another thread with her and Ace, especially with everything going on right now if there's a Hogsmeade Weekend coming up or something. Sweetie would be willing to discuss homework with her, and would stand up to any bullies because she's sick and tired of the hate. Claire is in her house and could accidently upset her with one of her pranks.
Hmmm let me ponder on these.

Quote:For Cameron:

Hestia is on the team this year, and I'd love to get more IC discussions going on that.
Yessss, I feel like these two should have more for being the two third year Gryffindors who have been played since their first year. I'd be down for a group quidditch thread if anyone else is interested?

Quote:For Dio:

I have the new character Katerina, who has a serious crush on Dio's brother-in-law Nemo. And it helps that they work together and Katerina tags along when her brother hangs out with the Fisks (is Nemo's best friend).
I'm pretty sure Nemo once had a crush on Dionisia, too #awkward. I'd definitely be down for them to have an awkward (or friendly? who knows?) thread together!

Quote:For Edric:

He and Victor could be buddies if they encountered each other and got to chatting? We've got the stuff with Ace going on.
They could be!

Quote:For Finnian:

Let him awkwardly flirt with my women. Some may find it amusing, and some would likely get mad.
Unsure what women you are referring to. Please specify :P

Quote:For Helga:

Regina needs new friends and doesn't mind them being lower classes than her, if you want to see if they click as friends? I don't mind her trying to set Regina up with Eugene, though I'm not fully certain how Regina will react.
I'm not sure how Helga would feel with Regina being (former) friends with Bella seeing how socially-conscious she is, but we could maybe try! Not sure she'd try and hook her up with Eugene, though.

Quote:For Joss:

If you want any letters between her and Lucky, let me know. I'm not sure who else is a good threading partner for her though.
Got it!

Quote:For Justice:

I have Acacia, who might be talking about Jemima with a bit negativity in the common room. If he wants to defend Jemima's honor or something, let me know.
"Defending Jemima's honor" sounds like a very Justice thing to do so I'm down for this ;)

Quote:For Leah:

We can develop the connection between Leah and Acacia more. I'm also curious as to how Leah will interact with Sweetie.
Yess, more gal pals (or maybe enemies?) for Leah!

Quote:For Myra:

She likes adventure? So does Claire! They should go on adventures together. Sweetie would stand by her in the whole anti-hate discussions. Is she a Muggle Studies student? Jeremiah would be glad to answer any questions or help out a Ravenclaw student if needed.
Myra does do Muggle Studies! I'd love to thread Jeremiah with her :)

Quote:For Bella:

Want her to plot with Victor? She can plot with Victor! Is she trying to get her job back? Flirt? Go for it. Regina drama is welcome. If Claire meets her at some point and hears talks of dragons, she will definitely try to talk to her about that (it would be hilarious for some 12 year old to just start trying to follow her around for an afternoon).
Bella is always preparing for the day where Mac does not need a research assistant anymore, so I wouldn't put it past her to start looking for a way back to St. Mungo''s. :P

Choose 2-3 threads you'd like to do and we'll start with those <3

@Billie Farrow

Quote:For Flora:
If she wants first year friends, I have @Archer Belby and @Fleur Rey who I'll happily thread with you with! I'm not so sure how her and Fleur will get along since she is a bit silly, but she might like Archer if she can get past his shyness. He is also in the choir like she is. As for transfiguration experiments @Thomas Montgomery might help her out, just out of curiosity to see if she is correct. haha
We have that Flora/Rex/Archer thread going on, so I wouldn't say it's a stretch for them to be friends! Flora and Feur are both "flower" names so I think Flora would find that an amusing enough reason to at least talk to her. I would totally be down for Flora enlisting Thomas to discover the truth of poor ol' Mr. Afton >D

Quote:For Frida:
@Clementine Rookwood, obviously. Maybe diary related stuff.
Plz, I need all the Frida things.

Quote:For Handsome:
Maybe @Gilbert Whitechapel and him can be depressed drinking buddies? haha
Maybe, but there'd have to be a reason! Handsome typically only interacts with the WC men that he plays quidditch with.

Quote:For Holly:
I don't have any friend options for her, but feel free to have her torment any of my students!
;)

Quote:For Aria:
Since it was written in the diary that Archer was reading up on all sorts of werewolf (and other) things, maybe they could have an altercation? Other than that, perhaps her and Thomas could befriend one another over awkward homework things.
I literally forgot Archer and Aria were siblings, but YES. Also down for an unlikely Thomas/Aria friendship.

Quote:For Justice:
Sibling threads with Clementine.
YES. Sign me up. Maybe something related to the Jemima Diary plot?

Choose 2-3 threads you're interested in and let me know <3

Want to help ruin the social lives of your favorite characters? Contribute to Witch Weekly!
Hmmmm!

Maybe we could start with Clem/Justice, Aria/Archer, aaaand Flora/Thomas (unless you want Frida/Clem more)?

For Albert:

What would you like to do between Odette and Albert? I'm open as long as it's not out of character for them. And I just realized that he could have an awkward thread with Blossom.

For Edward:

I actually have the bubbly Margaret!

For Eldin:

Perhaps they can talk about Lucky's appearance in the Jemima thread - in which he insists that he did not talk about gloves that much. Bro chatting, you know?

For Frida:

We can always see. If it doesn't happen, then perhaps they'll end up friends. Let me know if you want a Sweetie/Frida thread.

For Handsome:

I can make the Ace/Handsome thread if you want. Perhaps during summer than? And yes, I mean Regina.

For Holly:

I'm not sure at the moment for the sister thread. Sweetie's not easily manipulated, but she'd probably help because it'll be another way to 'prove herself to her family' - basically trying to get over her self-consciousness.

For Cameron:

That sounds brilliant! I'd love to see her potentially join his social group if it works out.

For Dio:

They certainly should. Should I start that, or would you like to?

For Edric:

Would you like to start a thread or shall I?

For Finnian:

I'm not sure. I don't know what his type is.

For Helga:

We can see how it goes.

For Joss:

Want me to have Lucky send his sister a letter?

For Justice:

Would you like me to start that or would you?

For Leah:

Yes! Who should start that?

For Myra:

Perhaps she could ask him a question or two. Let me know which of us should start that.

For Bella:

I would be happy to do that!

I'd like to start threading with the ones with the most plot. So the ones with Albert/Odette, Edward/Margaret, and Bella/Victor would be good to start off with!

Magic by MJ!

@Billie Farrow
Quote:Maybe we could start with Clem/Justice, Aria/Archer, aaaand Flora/Thomas (unless you want Frida/Clem more)?

I feel like a very amusing premise for Clem/Justice would be "you KISSED JEMIMA?" so definitely. Flora/Thomas is another very amusing prospect and I am 100% down for it. Also a solid "yes" to Archer/Aria since she has, like, no threads.

@Acacia Ruskin

Quote:I'd like to start threading with the ones with the most plot. So the ones with Albert/Odette, Edward/Margaret, and Bella/Victor would be good to start off with!

I personally think Bella/Victor is a solid thread to start with, but as for the other two, I would suggest Eldin/Lucky (mostly because it's IC relevant atm and I have ~ideas~) and Katerina/Dionisia so you can establish Katerina. Let me know, though <3

(February 4, 2019 – 3:33 AM)Edric Umbridge Wrote:
Quote:I'd like to start threading with the ones with the most plot. So the ones with Albert/Odette, Edward/Margaret, and Bella/Victor would be good to start off with!

I personally think Bella/Victor is a solid thread to start with, but as for the other two, I would suggest Eldin/Lucky (mostly because it's IC relevant atm and I have ~ideas~) and Katerina/Dionisia so you can establish Katerina. Let me know, though <3

It works! Let me know which threads you want me to start!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Acacia Ruskin's post:
   Edric Umbridge

Magic by MJ!

Sounds great! Which would you like me to start and vice versa?

If you can start Clem/Justice and Aria/Archer, I can do Flora/Thomas? <3
[-] The following 1 user Likes Edric Umbridge's post:
   Billie Farrow

Hello friends! I have a few notes:

❧ I've added Peony Pokeby to my networking! She's new and I'm definitely looking forward to starting some threads with her!

❧ I'm looking for threads with Jossima Warbeck, Handsome Whitledge, and Albert Pettigrew! Let me know if you have anything we could do. I'm down for anything with them: work-related threads, romance plots, ridiculous action-based threads—you name it!

❧ Let me know if you have any plot needs (short or long-term) that my characters could fill. At this point I'm open to just about anything.

Looking for things with the following characters:
    @Bella Scrimgeour — Has a penchant for getting into trouble, usually due to her own irresponsibility and poor foresight. Her peaceful life in the Hebrides has to end eventually, but I'd like for her to get tied into trouble that isn't of her own making. Maybe she discovers something about your character that she has to keep secret despite being terrible at keeping secrets. Maybe she gets tied into a murder-y plot but was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hit me with ideas.

@Handsome Whitledge — Has fallen back on Career Option 2.0: Ministry employee. He interned in the Dept. MLE the summer before his seventh year, so he'd be familiar with the employees that have been there for some time. As of yet he has no idea what specific job he'd like to land in, and I'd like to explore that IC.

@Frida Lestrange — Has been neglected by me but I love her. I think the summer before her sixth year would be a good time for her to do some self-discovery, or at least a good time to begin questioning her family values even more.

Literally everyone needs threads, but it's nearly 1:30am and I can't find the will to continue this post. Send help.