Cbox
Chat
Did you know?

First names were most often used by childhood or school friends. If the friendship was made after school age, first names would only really be used by women. Men were far more likely to refer to their friends by their surnames, a mark of familiarity. — Documentation

— Submit your own —
WANTED:

Emilia Wright for Jude Wright. Casually alienating offspring since 18882.
Separating was also not a great idea, though they weren't doing great at staying together anyway. If she were to volunteer to be the human sacrifice.. well... Hogsmeade had plenty of debutantes anyway...

Barnabas Skeeter in CYOA: Group D

— Nominate a quote —
Well-Traveled

Complete threads set in ten different forum locations. Threads must have at least ten posts, and three must be your own. Character accounts cannot be combined.

<
>

Misery Loves Its Company | Bree's Networking
Open 
Work In Progress.

Hi, I'm Bree! Welcome to my networking, where most students are Slytherins, most adults are Gryffindors, and the rule of thumb is "if they're not even a little impulsive, dramatic, or susceptible to over-sharing, make them so." All my characters are sorted by alphabetical order in their respective classes!

The best way to contact me is through skype, but I'm reachable through PM on Edric Umbridge's account (or if my inbox is full, Bella Scrimgeour). If it's network-related and not a secret, post it in this thread!

Carius Bulstrode
11 | UCPB | Gryffindor Class of '95 | 10 | Unattached
First Year; Beater

After years of expecting to be sorted into Slytherin like literally everyone else in his immediate family, the shocking revelation that he was destined for Gryffindor left him in somewhat of identity crisis. He is good for:

Edward Macmillan
30 | UCPB | Ravenclaw Class of '76 | 9 | Unattached
Gentleman of Leisure

A loyal, family-oriented, romantically-inclined man, Edward's main struggle in life is balancing his own desires with his sense of familial duty - the latter of which has won out thus far. He is good for:

Eldin Bones
16 | UCPB | Slytherin Class of '90 | 9 | Unattached
Sixth Year; Prefect; Beater

An ambitious, quidditch-loving kid who plans to follow in his mother's (and sister's!) footsteps to become a healer, Eldin is good for:

Flora Mulciber
11 | UCPB | Slytherin Class of '95 | 9 | Unattached
First Year

A budding fashionista and Mama's girl, Flora's current struggles are no different than most first years': making friends and excelling in her schoolwork. (She may have been involved in vehicular manslaughter, but she's done her best to bury that trauma.) She's good for:

Frida Lestrange
15 | UCPB | Hufflepuff Class of '91 | 10 | Unattached
Fifth Year; Prefect

Balancing individual identity and family identity has never been easy for Frida, and it's getting even more difficult as her blossoming womanhood leaves her with fears about marriage and her future. She is good for:

Handsome Whitledge
18 | UCHB | Gryffindor Class of '88 | 7 | Unattached
Reserve Keeper, Hogsmeade Howlers

A former head boy and low-key alcoholic, Handsome is struggling to navigate the waters of adulthood in the face of family turmoil. He is good for:

Holly Scrimgeour
12 | UCPB | Slytherin Class of '94 | 7 | Betrothed
Second Year

An entitled student whose hobbies consist of bullying, hanging out with Connie Sykes, being the best at everything (because she obviously is, duh), and wondering what the heck got into her extended family, Holly is good for:

Hudson Podmore
44 | UCHB | Gryffindor Class of '62 | 8 | Married
Care of Magical Creatures Professor; Gryffindor HoH

The eldest (and most adventurous, in his opinion) sibling in his family, Hudson left behind a life of travel and excitement to build a family. He is good for:

Aria Belby
14 | MCHB | Gryffindor Class of '92 | 6 | Unattached
Fourth Year

After suffering the heartbreak of seeing her father abandon his family after being turned into a werewolf, Aria was left a forever pessimist. She's good for:

Benjamin Ross
39 | MCHB | Slytherin Class of '69 | 9 | Married
Head of the Dept. of Magical Transportation

The younger brother of the Minister for Magic, Benji has always struggled to make his own mark on the world. Between work and his wife - who, unbeknownst to him, has been under an enchantment since their marriage - Benji has a lot on his plate. He's good for:

Cameron Gillenwater
13 | MCMB | Gryffindor Class of '93 | 9 | Unattached
Third Year; Chaser

The official Baby™ of Bree's brood, Cameron is a muggleborn whose desire for a fully magical life is often at odds with his muggle heritage. He is good for:

Dolores Diggory
22 | MCHB | Gryffindor Class of '84 | 9 | Married
Happy Married Woman™ with a Plot

There are plenty of housewives who desire to become socialites. Dolly knows this. What she also knows is most of them don't have a matchmaking seer as their best friend (come at her, bitches). She's good for:

Edric Umbridge
37 | MCPB | Slytherin Class of '51 | 7 | Married
Head Auror

Cast into the spotlight during a mid-crisis promotion, Edric has had to learn to handle more responsibility on top of an amortentia-induced marriage to the woman he'd been having a secret affair with for months. He is good for:

Finnian Byrne
31 | MCHB | Gryffindor Class of '75 | 7 | Unattached
Reluctant Lawyer

A horrible flirt with no sense of self-preservation or wit, Finnian found himself ousted from the ATP for failing to secure a mentor. He's good for:

Helga Scamander
19 | MCPB | Hufflepuff Class of '87 | 10 | Unattached
Debutante

An overenthusiastic, meddlesome debutante whose ideal romance involves falling in love with a very wealthy pureblooded gentleman, Helga is good for:

Justice Rookwood
16 | MCPB | Ravenclaw Class of '91 | 8 | Unattached
Fifth Year; Beater

Haunted by his parents' mysterious deaths, Justice is a rowdy Ravenclaw who could probably pass as a particularly bookish Gryffindor. He is good for:

Leah Beauregard
16 | MCHB | Slytherin Class of '90 | 9 | Complicated?
Sixth Year; Keeper

The bratty baby Beauregard, Leah's yearning for attention - both from her family and boys - has begun to extend to people of the same sex. She's good for:

Bella Scrimgeour
19 | WCPB | Gryffindor Class of '87 | 3 | Complicated
MacFusty Research Assistant

From riches to rags...to riches to rags, Bella has lacked stability in almost every aspect of her life since she found out she was a witch. She is good for:

Daphne Bletchley
27 | WCPB | Gryffindor Class of '87 (Drop. '83) | 7 | Widowed
Maid to the Lupin Household

Raised in a broken family, Daphne sought to build her own by marrying her second cousin—who, unfortunately, turned out to be a toxic presence in her life. Following his death, Daphne found herself with the Lupins, where she hopes to make a living and send her daughter off to school.

Dionisia Tweedy
20 | WCMB | Hufflepuff Class of '86 (Drop. '84) | 7 | Unattached
Mediwitch, HH

A muggleborn whose life was arguably made more difficult my magic, Dionisia has since reconciled with her past and has moved forward. She's good for:

Ernie Nuffer
16 | WCHB | Slytherin Class of '90 (Drop. '88) | 6 | Unattached
Crime & Politics Intern, Daily Prophet

Life's not easy for a bastard, but Ernie's proof that nothing can disappoint you further if you're always expecting the worst. He's good for:

this is such a bee-autiful set!
Post Log
I know my networking is incomplete, but as far as the listed "needs" go, they're set to be basically the same with variations depending on the character's background. In the meantime, though, I have threading needs!

Edward Macmillan is available for 1-2 threads. Apart from hurling (<25 UCPB/MCPB, "good" reputation), he could definitely use some bros that are less aggressive/not assholes.

Edric Umbridge is available for 1-2 threads. He needs bros around his age (~35-40), and I'd also love to make work connections for him, both inside and outside the Dept. MLE. He also has a Lonely Plot!

Handsome Whitledge is available for 1 thread. I'd love for it to be something relating to his Lonely Plot, but I'm also looking for someone to serve as a "mentor" of sorts for him since he's been struggling with the switch to adulthood.

Dolores Diggory is available for 1-3 threads! I'd love something relating to Inès Valentine's matchmaking services, but I'd also love to do some threads to establish her friendships IC!
[-] The following 2 users Like Edric Umbridge's post:
   February Umbridge, Orinda Ruskin

this is such a bee-autiful set!
Post Log