Emma Samantha Pendergast
February 28th 1862
Walnut, 11", veela hair strand
Killian MacMillan | Husband
- Killian is a respectable man and a good husband; however, he does not think that Emma is nearly as smart as she thinks he is, and he does not consult her on any personal matters. Neither has ever talked to the other about Megara's health issues.
Megara MacMillan | Daughter
- Megara Faith MacMillan is a demanding child, but Emma loves her anyways. However, she is also frail and frequently sickly.
Reuben Pendergast | Father
- While Emma does love her father, she also thinks that if he was more like Uncle Philip (or better yet, Aunt Olivia) she would be much happier. As a teenager she always desired his attention; as an adult she tries (and often fails) to keep a lid on that sort of childishness.
Atalanta Pendergast | Mother
- Unlike her youngest brother, Emma does not think her mother weak and ineffective - she just thinks that she is a bit soft, and she is not quite sure how to talk to her or even if she wants to. Emma is moderately bitter where Atalanta is concerned and cannot quite keep a lid on childish barbs when they are in the same place.
Minnie Pendergast | Sister
- Minnie is sunshine and darling and love, and has always been much less harsh than her sister. Emma isn't exactly sure how to deal with her, which makes her frustrated - and, accordingly, causes her to be mean at times.
Walter Pendergast | Brother
I should have worn the armor, and you the gown. Emma is most frustrated by her brothers. Walter is a progressive, which is fine and dandy for a second son but certainly not for an heir. At best she is snide where he is concerned.
Samuel Pendergast | Brother
- Is too young for Emma ever to have sought him out for a bond. He is quite ambitious, which his sister respects, but also seems to be a shit. Mostly Emma does not talk to him.
Notable: Charles MacMillan
- Emma's cousin through both blood and marriage, since before she can remember Emma has been talking Charles into doing what she wants. He is probably one of her favorites, even if she has never returned the feelings she is peripherally aware of.
Emma stands at a formidable 5'6", putting her at eye-level with some men and towering above some women. She has chocolate brown hair that lightens to dirty blonde when it gets sun. Her hair is almost always pinned up, and she tries to wear the latest fashions - blues, she finds, suit her particularly. Emma is slender, with brown eyes and a sharklike smile.
1862: Emma is born, a very pretty if excessively demanding child.
1865: Minnie is born. Emma is less than impressed by this new arrival who takes up people's time; she begins acting out for attention, especially as her father spends more and more time at his club.
1866: Emma throws a formidable fit, and demonstrates her magic by shattering every window in the sitting room.
1867: Walter is born. Emma is spectacularly unimpressed, though it is more because she wishes to be the air than anything.
1870: Samuel is born. Emma does not particularly care. She has decided that she is going to be a spectacular famous inventor when she grows up in vengeance, and often plays with a children's potions kit. Her fits grow less frequent, but she acts out more.
1871: Cousin Charles goes to school, where he is sorted into Slytherin. Emma is quite jealous, and continues to occupy herself by trying to be smarter than anyone else. (Not for the academic pursuit of it all, but rather because she wants to be the best.
1873-74: Emma finally goes to school, where she is sorted into Slytherin due to her ambition. Though Ravenclaw would have been a good choice, it is not her intelligence that motivates her, but a desire for attention, for power, for love.
Cersei Lannister references are Beanie's lifeblood.
She makes friends with boys because she thinks it is the most upsetting option, and works very hard to become good at flying for the same reason.
1874-75: Emma selects Ancient Runes and Arithmancy as her elective classes. She decides to join her house Quidditch team as a seeker - she has taken to flying and it is very much a childish act done for attention - and plays secretly for a season before her parents find out and she is removed from the team. Emma is almost satisfied.
1876-77: Her fourth year is notable only in that this is the year Minnie joins her at Hogwarts. Like their mother, Emma's sister is a Hufflepuff. Emma is not super thrilled and initiates several elaborate, potions-based pranks that result in her spending much of her fourth year in detention.
1877-78: Emma meets an attractive teenager who is just as petty as she is - he is lower class and a year above her in Slytherin house, and she takes him as a lover because she thinks that this is the best possible way to achieve her skewed sense of revenge. They dramatically screaming match break up through letters when he loses his scholarship and tries to blackmail her into paying him for whatever
- Emma mails him a potion that sets him on fire a little bit, and he starts to leave her alone.
1878-79: Walter goes to Hogwarts, where he is sorted into Gryffindor. After her rather dramatic summer, Emma decides that she is much better suited to using the tools available to her to cause havoc - she cuts off her male friends and works hard at fully integrating herself into the group of UCPB society. Anyone who mentions her season on the Quidditch team or her previous indiscretions receives an icy stare and Emma's full devotion to making their lives subtly terrible.
1879-80: Emma finishes her seventh year with impeccable NEWTs and a spectacular coming out. She is introduced to Killian MacMillan, a man of her father's choosing, and he proposes in September.
1881: Emma becomes Mrs. Killian MacMillan on February 2nd. She is rather bored by her station and put out that Killian will not consult with her. In November, Emma delivers Megara Faith MacMillan four weeks earlier than was expected - she is deeply worried for her eldest daughter, whom she considers rather charming.
1882: In March, Killian begins returning to Emma's bed. Megara barely survives a light case of dragonpox.
1883: In February, and before she tells Killian of the babe's existence, Emma miscarries. Her lady's maid tells Killian what's up and Emma fires the girl in a fit of rage, only to rehire her a day later. Later that year, her cousin Charles marries. Megara continues to struggle.
A petty teenager, Emma is kind of mean and occasionally terrible. Motivated by desires for power and love. Would never betray her family, even if she does not really like them. Incredibly intelligent, and very bored by her role as the Dutiful Wife - Emma thinks that dominating the social ladder will make her happy. Beanie thinks that Emma would be a better person if she had been born the male heir, but she was not fortunate in that regard.
Sample Roleplay Post:
[At least a paragraph.]