Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
Re-Introducing: Holly
Look I know his forum is for new characters but Holly is suffering from muselessness and absolutely NO PLOT THINGS so I need help.

• Holly is generally mean. She picks on anyone she perceives as weaker than herself, and while I used to think she did it as a way to boost her own self-esteem, I've come to the conclusion that she just finds it easier to push other people away than attempt to make friends. That means that even in the event that she finds someone she'd like to be friends with she's more likely to bully them than attempt awkward small-talk. That being said, as she's gotten older I've come to realize that she's CAPABLE of the awkward small-talk required to make friends, and I'd like to explore that.
  • Holly is a nerd. She's more likely to get along with other academic types and most of her pleasant IC conversations have centered around attempting magic above her grade level. Her favorite subjects are DADA and Potions, so if your character enjoys experimenting or trying to work ahead of everyone else, Holly's a great person to try that with.
  • Holly is insecure. She doesn't have a very good family life, doesn't enjoy typical feminine things as much as other girls, and had given herself a bad name at Hogwarts within the first week of her first year. If your character is good at exploiting that insecurity, they might be one of the only Hogwarts students who Holly is a little afraid of.
  • Holly is a lesbian, and she's finally decided to let me know that she's probably picked on a few girls as a way to push them away so she wouldn't have to deal with what could have been budding attraction towards them. I think that would be fun to explore as everyone in her age level gets older and teen hormones take over.
  • Holly is a prefect who probably abuses that power. I haven't explored that enough so LET'S DO IT.

Plz thread with her. Her life continued activity depends on it.

The following 1 user Likes Holly Scrimgeour's post:
   Clarissa Cosgrove

set by MJ <3
I offer you Alcyone Slughorn who is my only female student apparently for one of those few girls she might be starting to feel attraction to.

The following 1 user Likes Clarissa Cosgrove's post:
   Holly Scrimgeour

set by Lady!

I feel like she and Cad would be friends - he likes 'useful' people and the UCPB bit wouldn't hurt. Her casual bullying would amuse him, and he'd get a kick out of suggesting targets while not needing to do the bullying himself but also telling Holly she is right.

As a 'victim' I can offer Emma binns, she is flighty whimsical and imaginative, although academically bright comes off as a bit odd. Prime bully target

The following 1 user Likes Cadawalader Selwyn's post:
   Holly Scrimgeour

[Image: Dmd4EHa.png]
Behold the Awesome of Stefanie!
Queer lady hurling thread plz

The following 1 user Likes Venusia Crickerly's post:
   Holly Scrimgeour
I've got Sisse Smile, I know we discussed some ideas of them being enemies and possibly her falling in the possible push away crush catagory (or maybe I dreamed that up, no idea).

My other student is Ani, so if you have ideas with her I'm cool with it.

The following 1 user Likes Sisse Thompsett's post:
   Holly Scrimgeour

[Image: Xz1bS1e.png]
*sniff* Bee made her look all grown up <3
My two actives that I'm trying to beef up again are Ned and Billie.

Ned: Also a super nerd in DADA. Incredibly friendly and wouldn't take her meanness to heart unless she directed it toward a friend. (Especially Alice.) I have no idea how this pairing would work, but I'll put him out there because he exists.

Billie: My most likely culprit. You can feel free to bully her; she's an easy target. She doesn't give up on people easily and would likely make it her mission to be friends with Holly out of spite because she can't stand having real enemies. Bonus points if Holly also bullies Anne Moony because Billie has a crush she doesn't know she has will defend her even if it gets her into trouble.

When Archer returns, you can absolutely bully him, as well.

The following 1 user Likes Billie Farrow's post:
   Holly Scrimgeour

[Image: gmun6e3.png]

MJ, yet again working her magic.  <3 <3 Thank you
Reasons to bully Quincy!
  • He hasn't yet successfully cast a spell ( yet is constantly trying and it is probably getting annoying)
  • He is way to excited about everything and doesn't take hints to scram
  • At least five of his potion attempts have made various areas of the school smell unsavory.
  • He's easy prey in the form of a firstie muggleborn...  ( someday he'll start pranking people to get them back but that will be very delayed ).

Only use he might have to Holly is he'll happily dissect any small animal in the name of gathering potions ingredients and he'll have better tools for it after the Holidays.  ( I doubt this is a known thing, but if it really interests you you can pretend to have caught him with perfectly prepared organs then abused your prefect role to make him continue for you. )

The following 1 user Likes Quincy Smellie's post:
   Holly Scrimgeour
I think I've offered up Adrienne before, but I also offer her again xD She's friends with Venusia, but she hates bullies and people that openly pick on others, so there's that. I also, now that I think about it, have no idea what Adrienne's sexuality is so there's also that. Let's do something with them >D idk what but I'm down for whateverrr

The following 1 user Likes Adrienne Lestrange's post:
   Holly Scrimgeour

[Image: BFwdEC.gif]
stef made me pretties! <3

View a Printable Version