Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1892. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
“Got the morbs” was Victorian slang for a temporary melancholia — Dante
In a panic sort of reaction, she shut the door but neglected to make sure she was on the other side of it.
the thrill of the chase moves in mysterious ways

*N/A*
(Olive is) Lost in the Woods
Help.

So you may have noticed how obscenely scatty I've been... Well, basically all year. Yeah. I'm down to a measly number of threads that aren't getting any younger or more relevant, my plots are sparse and withered, and I'm currently guilt/stress avoiding like a champ. Now that I'm finally regaining some semblance of control of my life again I think I can be trusted to post reliably again.

Then why aren't you already caught up, Olive?
Please see the aforementioned 'guilt' thing. This is me trying to be proactive to assuage said guilt and actually get some balls rolling. I'm absolutely tragic at networking, I hate it, I'm terrible at following up with stuff, I'm useless. HALP MEHHH

As far as current threads go I plan to reply to everything even if it's dead (within reason) but I desperately need fun new stuff to get excited about. I will of course fill this in properly and tidy it up (tomorrow?) but the prospect of doing that right now is Too Much and I need to go to bed anyway. Baby steps! In the meantime if you have any plot ideas/suggestions/ANYTHING please come at me with it <3

Current open threads:

Ursula Black
34 • Slytherin • Married

Ursula needs:
— more pre-established UC friends
— plotty stuff

Antigone Lestrange
24 • Slytherin • Married

Tig needs:
— Older UC society ladies who don't have pre-existing grudges towards her (that she knows about).
— Blah blah blah

Charles Macmillan
31 • Slytherin • Widower

Charles needs stuff.

Hesper Gamp
13 • Slytherin • Unattached

Hesper needs stuff.

Mariana Macnair
51 • Ravenclaw • Married

Mariana needs stuff.

Nicodemus Zabini
14 • Ravenclaw • Unattached

Nico needs stuff.

November Malfoy
28 • Ravenclaw • Married

Nova needs stuff.

Questor Spryly
22 • Gryffindor• Unattached

Spryly might be going on a vacation if I can't get my ducks in a row.

The following 3 users Like Ursula Black's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Anthea Selwyn, Marlena Scamander

HELLO, I LOST CONTROL AGAIN HALP.*

*I'm no longer lead role in a play, just a cameo part so this shouldn't happen again, at least not for a while!

EDIT: The posts that were here before are only soft deleted, I didn't know where to start with pruning what wasn't needed anymore.

Malfoy pregnancy stuff
Brief chatty encounter? She is showing now!

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: B0me9x.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
(March 15, 2022 – 2:46 PM)Aldous Crouch Wrote:  Malfoy pregnancy stuff
Brief chatty encounter? She is showing now!

Malfoys - I'll put this on my list
Chatty - I love it, Charles will throw up.
Throw up figuratively. From emotions.
The following 1 user Likes Ursula Black's post:
   Aldous Crouch

For Ursula -
@Echo Lowe - Friend? Frienemy? I would love for them to be friends, honestly. I think they would be good friends.
@Agape Lestrange - UCPB child needs corrupting influence (and Ursula can try to get her kids to hang out with the young Lestrange, networking and all that)
@Cecilia Bulstrode - Does Ursula have any interest in debs at all these days? Does she care what they do?
@Lannister - Be uncomfortable around Lannister, you know you wanna.

For Antigone -
@Echo Lowe - Would probably tolerate her and say mean things behind her back, but they could be "friends"?
@Agape Lestrange - Yo, Lestranges.
@Cecilia Bulstrode - Would they have anything to talk about? Could Antigone put in a good word for Cecilia among the eligible men of the family?
@Rosie Binns - I can see Antigone getting invested enough to start trash talking her, be my guest. Even if it's just mentions, be my guest.

For Charles -
@Charles Marshall - The Charles Club; Legit, do they know each other? Maybe? Do they have any sort of connections towards one another at all? IDK.
@Cecilia Bulstrode - Marriage? Hurling? She'll be the sweet, innocent step-mother that doesn't know why her husband is super distant all the time, so he could make that work if you want. I've never envisioned Cecilia getting a 'happy ending'.
@Lannister - On his radar? Does Charles attend his parties? Don't have to be friends to enjoy a good party.

For Hesper -
@Pippa Faraday - IDK, might acknowledge her existence? Get into school related nonsense that neither of them could avoid?
@Agape Lestrange - Is Hesper the type to take younger students under her wing? Agape is in school next year if you want a summer thread or two to find out!

For Mariana -
@Vera Morgan - She'll be active soon, I promise. Would they be friendly? If Mariana doesn't mind her halfblood status, they could probably be friends?
@Cecilia Bulstrode - Mariana has single sons, Cecilia is a single deb. Any thoughts?
@Agape Lestrange - Any interest in the spending time with a cousin/niece? IDK, they're related somehow.

For Nicodemus -
@Pippa Faraday - Might acknowledge his existence?
@Agape Lestrange - Younger student and all that for next school year.

For November -
@Echo Lowe - Likely to be invited to her parties.
@Cecilia Bulstrode - New friend?
@Vera Morgan - Likely to get an invite to her parties, and she may try to get November to be friends with her daughters.

For Questor -
@Lannister - We could see if they would be friendly with one another?

Magic by Elaine!

With anything we had going previously, presume I am fine either with reviving or you starting something newer, I'm easy!

Alternatively, if there's anything new or different you want from me & mine now, just yell xD

Antigone - talk to me about her baby (and if you want her husband back or not)

Charles - had a thread with Jules which died, I'm up for whatever in terms of reviving or abandoning or starting fresh.

Mariana - I started a thread with Oz which died, again up for whatever.

November - Melody got injured and lost all her memories of the time she's been married to Ben. This can just be an FYI or if you're interested in a thread about it I always love their threads <3

I'm a lil scarce right now so none of this is high priority, just whatever you want :)

MJ is the light of my life <3
The code is boss by the way!

Ursula:
Her and @'Nelphele Lestrange' - they are similar in age and as Nel was always an arranged pairing she would never have been competition for Ursula - and Nel could probably use Ursula's advice on things. 

She would be the absolute opposite of @Ermengarde Delacour

Antigone:
Nel again - women who married Lestranges ought to stick together.  I can't think of any reason she might have to dislike Tig - and is one of the chiller/less catty lestranges, so if she needs a non-toxic relationship Nel would be a good start. 

If she could see her way to liking @Ermengarde Delacour - Minny would mother and support the shit out of her. 

Charles:
@Thaddeus Flint - hey! reckon they would make good friends, Thaddeus is definetly a grima wormtongue type, telling Charles all sorts of shit about how he should be in charge of the ministry if it were not for the filthy mudbloods yadda yadda - and he would definitely try and recruit him for the Knights

@Ginevra Blackwood for hurls - although I think that would make for a bad pairing - failhurls can be awkward though or a 'fuck it' - pragmatic arranged thing and with Ginny's extra curriculars it would be a fairly horrid realisation for him after the fact.

@Rose Hart - in need of a bawdy night out- she can arrange it

@Samuel St.John-Black would be a ministry contact, happy to have them as vague friends, or at least acquaintances.

Hesper:
I don't have much for  - other than @Meserimus Valenduris for head of housie stuff?

Mariana:
Nel would be her niece
@Lucretia Zabini would probably want to be in her good graces, and @Ermengarde Delacour would be overly friendly . 

Ginny would probably be suitably flattering as a socialite/public mother

Nicodemus:
Aunty Lucretia! I imagine that relationship would be awkward -but Lucretia probably tries to buy her way in gifts

He and Emma Binns are the same year- established friendship? perhaps more appropriate now that hshe has been moved to the upper classes.

Meserimus also has time for bright, enthusiastic students - or detentions! whichever make better threads! :D

November:
@Benevolence Montague - has things with Roman - scoping her out on the down low?

I also have @Christabel Dempsey - since she has friends with Prohyria she might have strong feelings on her. 

Questor:
@Isis Silverthorne - another dodgy barely legal business venture type. 

@Linus Meeks is for the scream plot BUT if Questor span him a good story about one of his Con's Linus would probably offer to write it up, as sort of a 'masked conman speaks out about what it takes to be a con artist' type thing.

Rose Hart - her place is basically Moulan Rouge with magic but he could drink there and be friendly with Rose and her girls.

[Image: nsqshLK.png]
MJ is queen
Gwen is referred to as Countess of Adinbury by others, but as Lady Adinbury when you are speaking to her
RAT BABY!
(March 15, 2022 – 3:12 PM)Acacia Ruskin Wrote:  For Ursula -
@Echo Lowe - Friend? Frienemy? I would love for them to be friends, honestly. I think they would be good friends.
@Agape Lestrange - UCPB child needs corrupting influence (and Ursula can try to get her kids to hang out with the young Lestrange, networking and all that)
@Cecilia Bulstrode - Does Ursula have any interest in debs at all these days? Does she care what they do?
Echo - unless their personalities are likely to clash then I'd agree, especially considering they shared a dorm for seven years.

Agape - I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly by a corrupting influence?

Cecilia - She dislikes debs because they remind her that she's old, she prefers to nitpick from a distance, enjoy their misfortunates, and pretend they don't exist xD

Lannister - Ursula hates vampires and would avoid them at all costs they terrify her.

Quote:For Antigone -
@Echo Lowe - Would probably tolerate her and say mean things behind her back, but they could be "friends"?
@Agape Lestrange - Yo, Lestranges.
@Cecilia Bulstrode - Would they have anything to talk about? Could Antigone put in a good word for Cecilia among the eligible men of the family?
@Rosie Binns - I can see Antigone getting invested enough to start trash talking her, be my guest. Even if it's just mentions, be my guest.
Echo - If there's a social benefit to befriending her then Tig may well make the effort to be fake friends although friends feels a little too intimate for what I'm imagining but acquaintance too distant?

Agape - Tig wouldn't go out her way to interact with her but if they were to interact I don't think Tig would bother much with putting on a 'nice' front xD

Cecilia - She technically could but she wouldn't do it out of the kindness of her heart, there'd have to be something in it for her and even then she'd probably lie and not bother.

Lannister - I don't know that he'd make her uncomfortable but she'd probably be lowkey fascinated, I don't think she's met a full blooded vampire. Ultimately though she thinks they're lesser because they don't use magic. Muggles+ gothic edition.

Quote:For Charles -
@Charles Marshall - The Charles Club; Legit, do they know each other? Maybe? Do they have any sort of connections towards one another at all? IDK.
@Cecilia Bulstrode - Marriage? Hurling? She'll be the sweet, innocent step-mother that doesn't know why her husband is super distant all the time, so he could make that work if you want. I've never envisioned Cecilia getting a 'happy ending'.
@Lannister - On his radar? Does Charles attend his parties? Don't have to be friends to enjoy a good party.
Charles - I feel like this is one of those instances where they could know each other but could just as easily only know each vaguely by reputation or from someone else mentioning them once or twice.

Cecilia - I'm up for hurling them, I can't promise Charles will play ball but who knows!

Lannister - I'm not sure whether he would go to his parties, potentially? I don't think he'd be determined to befriend him or anything unless there was political gain to be had but if he knew about the vampire thing he wouldn't want to be associated.

Quote:For Hesper -
@Pippa Faraday - IDK, might acknowledge her existence? Get into school related nonsense that neither of them could avoid?
@Agape Lestrange - Is Hesper the type to take younger students under her wing? Agape is in school next year if you want a summer thread or two to find out!
Pippa - potentially, I think they'd have to be drawn together by a chance situation to have any involvement.
Agape - I think she might if the kid reminded her of her lost sister for some reason or fate kept pushing them together and they got on well. Otherwise she would probably avoid first years to avoid seeming uncool (thanks Sirius)

Quote:For Mariana -
@Vera Morgan - She'll be active soon, I promise. Would they be friendly? If Mariana doesn't mind her halfblood status, they could probably be friends?
@Cecilia Bulstrode - Mariana has single sons, Cecilia is a single deb. Any thoughts?
@Agape Lestrange - Any interest in the spending time with a cousin/niece? IDK, they're related somehow.
Vera - Mariana is way more relaxed about blood status than her background would suggest! It would just depend on how much in common they had since Mariana does the bare minimum to maintain her place in society.

Cecilia - She might encourage one of her sons towards a match maybe if someone caught her attention as being a desirable daughter-in-law?

Agape - She's unlikely to go out of her way to spend time with her youngest nieces/nephews unless something about her took her interest or circumstance forced them together

Lannister - She unfazed by vampires but she's not the biggest fan of parties?

Quote:For Nicodemus -
@Pippa Faraday - Might acknowledge his existence?
@Agape Lestrange - Younger student and all that for next school year.
Nothing obvious here but if anyone has a bird fascination we might be in business xD

Quote:For November -
@Echo Lowe - Likely to be invited to her parties.
@Cecilia Bulstrode - New friend?
@Vera Morgan - Likely to get an invite to her parties, and she may try to get November to be friends with her daughters.
If Nova being very reserved and prim doesn't turn them off then she's unlikely to object to any friendship possibilities.
Lannister - He probably would make her uncomfortable

Quote:For Questor -
@Lannister - We could see if they would be friendly with one another?
I might be dropping Spryly for a little while but I'm not sure, it feels less necessary now than it did a few days ago.
I'm up for seeing what happens though.

(March 15, 2022 – 3:20 PM)Elias Grimstone Wrote:  With anything we had going previously, presume I am fine either with reviving or you starting something newer, I'm easy!

Alternatively, if there's anything new or different you want from me & mine now, just yell xD
I think I've revived and replied to all of our old stuff!

(March 15, 2022 – 3:57 PM)Ozymandias Dempsey Wrote:  November - Melody got injured and lost all her memories of the time she's been married to Ben. This can just be an FYI or if you're interested in a thread about it I always love their threads <3

How much would she know about this? I'm not so sure what she'd make of it.

--
I haven't forgotten other people's responses I just have to go now I'll hopefully pick up where i left off later this evening :P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Ursula Black
November 7, 2018 – 10:13 PM
View a Printable Version