Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1891. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
During the Victorian era, knitting became a staple of a well-bred woman. Queen Victoria is even reported to have been a fan of knitting herself. It was during this time that knitting wasn’t just restricted to plain yarn fabrics, but changed to involve bead and lace knitting. — Fallin
Yuri didn't know what being a steamed patron was but it sounded like it might be painful.
Anyway, Here's Wonderwall

Private
Fresh Bones
October 25th, 1891 - Pennyworth
Ivy didn't want to go to sleep, because that way laid only dreams of Baxter's Knoll. She'd woken up that morning with the taste of blood in her mouth, and while that was probably just because she'd bitten her tongue in her sleep — one couldn't be sure.

So she was sitting on her front stoop in her coat in the chilled fall air, drinking from a beer and reading that day's Daily Prophet, long after dinnertime. The sound of footsteps on the cobblestones caught her attention, and Ivy looked up, a flash of alarm in her chest before she recognized him.

"Jack Dorset! Home from the constabulary?" she asked, quirking her eyebrow at her neighbor. Ivy had tutored him in Potions when they were at Hogwarts, but their relationship now was that of amicable neighbors. "If you sit with me, I'll give you a beer." She thought he might take her up on it — and the longer they talked, the less likely it was she'd have to sleep.

"Just about!"  he replied back easily as he strolled up the road.  Point of fact, she'd called out before he'd actually made it home.  "With an offer like that, who would say no?" and his steps turned towards her stoop as easily as if that was where he'd been headed the whole time. It was funny how small the world seemed to him sometimes.  They'd gone to school together, she'd tried to help him survive potions, and now they were neighbors all these years later.

He came to a stop, a short space in front of her.  Taking in her seating choices and the fact that she was still wearing her coat, he reached for his wand.  "Can I offer you a chair?...at your own house?" His wide smile making it clear that he saw the irony and loved it, frankly. 

MJ is a wizard<3
[Image: gNfZ9M.png]
Jack is my nano bby so any and all threads are welcome :D
She'd brought a few other beers out with her, not because she intended on drinking all of them or because she had planned on having a guest, but because it seemed like the Done Thing when one was sitting on a stoop. Ivy grabbed one of the unopened bottles and held it out to Dorset in offering.

She smirked at him. "The steps aren't good enough?" Ivy asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"Not at all." he said, accepting the beer gladly. He went about lowering himself down on to the steps, making a bit of a show of it, until he was sat beside her.  Nearly shoulder to shoulder, he smirked and gave her a look as if to say their proximity was entirely her fault.

He raised his bottle to her in cheers.  "Long day?" he asked conversationally.

MJ is a wizard<3
[Image: gNfZ9M.png]
Jack is my nano bby so any and all threads are welcome :D

View a Printable Version