Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
In the Next Room, Or
Well, at least Zelda knew that her husband (!) was definitely suited to her. She didn't want to engage with that, because anything she said or any questions she asked would be too incriminating. "What — um, what else do you think I should know?"

[Image: xXXD462.png]
AMAZING set by MJ
No more comments on that score—Good, Ros thought. Discussing that sex could be pleasurable was one thing, giving details was another, one even she would be far too squeamish to discuss.

"Pregnancy occurs when a man's seed reaches your womb," she explained. "The condom—" she nodded to the box "will prevent it from doing so, though there are other ways in which pregnancy might be evaded if you do not feel ready for children."

Here, Ros stopped to look at Zelda, really look at her. The youngest of the Fisk children, she had always been so young in Roslyn's mind. It was still hard to reconcile the soon-to-be-married woman before her with the eager little toddler that still lived rent-free in the witch's mind. How could little Zelda be ready for marriage, let alone motherhood? It defied belief.

#PrettiesByMJ
Zelda shifted in her spot under Roslyn's gaze. Like in the house with Alfred and Caroline in July, she didn't know what to say when faced with the question of children. But it didn't seem like Ros expected her to be ready, so — she sighed. "I don't know if I'm ready," she admitted, "To be a mother."

AMAZING set by MJ
To be a wife is to be a mother.

Ros bit back the gentle admonishment on the tip of her tongue. It would not do to set Zelda upon the defensive.

"Even those who believe they are ready," she replied gently instead, "are apt to find themselves overwhelmed when the time comes. Anything to keep the seed from the garden, as it were, however, will delay 'the time' altogether—though, short of barring your husband from your bed altogether," Roslyn acknowledged, "no course of action is infallible."
Zelda Darrow

#PrettiesByMJ
Zelda had no intention of getting married and not having sex, but thought that this would probably not go over well if spoken. "That makes sense," she offered instead; it did make sense, even if it wasn't the answer she'd hoped for.

AMAZING set by MJ
Roslyn was relieved; she had been fairly earnest, but did not think she had any more frankness in her, at least on this particular topic. As natural as it was for a woman to lie with her husband, Zelda and Mr. Darrow were altogether different creatures, ones she did not care to ponder overmuch.

"Indeed—and indeed, it will come naturally," she offered, placing her hand warmly on Zelda's own. "I am sure you must be anxious about it, but you needn't be."
Zelda Darrow

#PrettiesByMJ
Zelda rotated her hand so she could squeeze Roslyn's. "It's just — Mama died when I was so young," she admitted. Maybe fifteen hadn't been so young — but she felt like she was worlds removed from that girl. And she had never gotten along especially well with her father. "And — what if I'm bad at being a mother, because of it?"

AMAZING set by MJ
"I have never known you," Ros answered earnestly, "to be bad at anything you set your mind to."

While Roslyn did not agree with all of her sister's choices in life, that much was true.
Zelda Darrow

#PrettiesByMJ
Zelda leaned her head against Ros' shoulder. "I love you," she said simply.

AMAZING set by MJ
Ros did not feel any need to verbalize the sentiment in response, instead, turning her head to kiss the top of Zelda's own. Zelda would, she reasoned, still be family even if when she became Darrow, and those were the sorts of bonds that very little could tear asunder.

"Even when I vex you?" she teased.
Zelda Darrow

#PrettiesByMJ
Zelda nudged Ros with her elbow. "Obviously," she replied.

Even if their conversation had been uncomfortable, she felt more at ease now than she had before.

AMAZING set by MJ
"Good," Ros replied primly. "Remember that, if ever you need anything, I love you dearly as well."

If Darrow hurt her sister, Ros resolved to hurt him, but not before soothing Zelda in whatever way the youngest of the Fisks needed.
Zelda Darrow

#PrettiesByMJ

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Balthazar Urquart
December 28, 2021 – 12:49 PM
Last Post by Lachlan MacFusty
March 2, 2021 – 2:11 AM
View a Printable Version