Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Open
murder(?) mystery

Except it's not murder. Or maybe it is. Nobody knows. Not even me, yet.

THE PREMISE: An event is being held in magical London, intended to attract a certain ~type of character. At first, everything looks completely normal and routine and legal—until it's revealed that the event is being used as a cover for some really shady shit. Or embarrassing shit. Or socially unacceptable shit. Whatever it is, all the characters realize that they never should have come.

THE CONFLICT: Someone dies. Maybe it's related to the nature of the event (i.e. the event is hosting something dangerous that ends up killing someone) or maybe someone does commit murder. Either way, the characters decide that they cannot afford to be caught in the middle of the mess.

THE RESOLUTION: The characters agree that none of them will talk to anyone about where they were or what they witnessed. They'll go about their daily lives as if nothing ever happened, and in the event that one of them is suspected of involvement they will do whatever is necessary to shift the blame. Maybe an unbreakable vow is made. Maybe they begin to wish an unbreakable vow had been made.

THE POINT OF THIS ALL: It's a fun way to get characters of different ages, social classes, and life circumstances together to see how they'll handle trauma. Also I get to write Daily Prophet articles, but that's more of a Bree!bonus.

HOW FAR WILL THIS GO?: Probably not a major plot, but something that could be recurring over the next few months. After the initial incident the characters can go back to their lives, so it won't hold up any other plots they have going on. Their reaction to and involvement with the incident after that is up to the player. Nobody will get arrested IC or suffer any consequences unless the player wants them to. I'm more interested in building unlikely character relationships than solving a huge mystery, if you get what I mean.

THE CHARACTERS:
Obviously the type of characters who get involved are wide open, but I would love a good mix! Here's some ideas:

— a bougie rich person, maybe a debutante or some rich man who wasn't built for this
— someone who works in the Ministry and is worried about losing their job
— someone whose secret is caught by the other people and decides to blackmail everyone into keeping it
— the person who was with the person who died
— someone who decides that other people have more to lose than them and tries to extort everyone for money
— the person who dies (a played character? An NPC with an active IC family?)
— a student type who doesn't have anyone to confide in
— two characters who decide they're going to take matters into their own hands

set by MJ <3
Depending on how the other characters shape up I could offer
Benevolence - who is not built for this
Ginny - who couod do without scandal/blackmailable
Elizabeth - who is out to take matters into her own hands
As would Ermingarde

Sweetie could be the person who was with the victim, and...

This could be the victim/someone wanna claim him as family? Could really give Sweetie more to do.

The School Bestie

___ ___

b. 1872 | UCAB/MCAB | Auror? Ministry | Suggested PB: Corey Fogelmanis
Medium Priority Character

Sweetie and ___ have been best friends since first year. ___ was always a bit of a trouble maker, though was careful not to get into too much trouble as that meant the possibility of too many detentions for his liking and possibly expulsion. Ever since the whole drama with Handsome, ___ has since wisened up a bit to try and help Sweetie out of her emotional pitt of sadness. Even if he got into trouble, he tried his best to keep her out of doing something stupid due to anger.

There is the possibility that he has a crush on her, given how much he's willing to help her and stand by her. His relationship with Chrysanta is up to you, but he wouldn't go starting a fight while Sweetie is around given how close the two girls are. He is a Slytherin.

❧ Immediate Ties: Sweetie Whitledge
❧ Potential Ties: Check out the Hogwarts Roster for fellow students of his year!

I would be into this! My first thought to offer was Kristoffer Lestrange, aka amoral & selfish but also incompetent...

OR I would be more than happy to bring back Sampson Yates if we needed WC people/scheming sorts in the mix. If people decided he was ~expendable (like "easy, let's pin the blame on the footman, who cares about servants anyway"), Sam would 100% go after people's secrets to blackmail them in an attempt to save his own skin.

The following 3 users Like Elias Grimstone's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Elladora Black, Holly Scrimgeour

look ANOTHER beautiful bee!set <3
I've only got Anthea and Nicolette who really suit this.

-- Anthea works for not really suited for it/possibly not wanting to lose her job (I feel like it's not 100% her motivation but I guess without her job she'd either have to marry, attempt to leech off the Selwyn fortune, or attempt to strike out on her own)

I have been toying with possibly starting to draw Antheas secret into plot relevance so perhaps — someone whose secret is caught by the other people and decides to blackmail everyone into keeping it. I'd have to maybe lay some foundations for it or have just a random letter from her biological mother that sounds suspicious and makes her start questioning her origins or something. (Probably up to MJ because hello dad)

--

Nicolette works as a general noisy person who likes to keep secrets and discover other people's secrets who may choose to take things into her own hands perhaps naively.

The following 1 user Likes Anthea Selwyn's post:
   Elias Grimstone

[Image: antheasigwinter.png]
I'm into this and could offer Ben, Emrys, or Dom depending on which fits the collective vibe better. Any of them would do desperate things but very different flavors of desperate/ different motivation.

MJ made this <3
ALL over this! Different offerings depending on needed vibes. Angelica, Odina, Fortuna, or Clifford could give super different vibes, depending what’s needed.

[Image: NpMgQU7.png]
MJ made this miracle!
I offer Tanwen or maybe Anthony or Octavia. Ohh if they suit better I would also be willing to reactivate Germander Macnair!

[Image: SQXZU54.png]
look at the pretties mj made me!!!
(July 23, 2021 – 9:01 PM)Holly Scrimgeour Wrote:  — someone who decides that other people have more to lose than them and tries to extort everyone for money
[/post]

I'm not saying that this person should also be 'real' Marlow Forfang - but in terms of leverage to black mail some society notables into supporting your identity claim, this could be a nice hook.

I think I'll be using Grace Greengrass, Bella Scrimgeour, Asa Scabior, or Delight Urquart depending on the other character types! <3

If you're using Grace I could also send Ford! I only excluded him from my original list because he's much busier than the other lot.

MJ made this <3
I volunteer Wystan Pomfrey as tribute

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —
Could def use somethin for Agrimony to do, so I also offer him as someone (aside from the victim pls I just made him xD)

The following 1 user Likes Agrimony Macnair's post:
   Aldous Crouch

[Image: xVmxReq.png]
If you use Asa, I'll use Aristide Selwyn but if you don't, I'll use Aleksei Nichols

Suggestion for how we might do this: maybe Bree can put together a rough timeline of the evening (or weekend or whatever the length of the event is) for continuity's sake and then we can opt in to threadding things that interest us. (A la chess). Like:

6pm characters A, B, C have drinks in the library
630pm characters D & E hear a scream
645pm the body is discovered
Etc etc ??

The following 1 user Likes Reuben Crouch's post:
   Flora Mulciber

MJ made this <3
Optional Event Premise: Some old, wealthy diviner believes someone in the group is "destined" to continue his legacy once he passes, but he can't figure out who it is. He sends out very different invitations to each attendee, promising something they would be interested in. Eventually the group realizes this, but once everyone begins to leave they find themselves trapped by some charm—and somehow the host ends up dead.

I'll do a schedule once I know who is participating. Does everyone want to choose their own character, or would you rather I choose out of the ones you guys have offered to make the most interesting pairings?

I think I'm going to use Grace <3

The following 3 users Like Flora Mulciber's post:
   Elias Grimstone, Emma Flitwick, Reuben Crouch

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Selene Gallivan
April 13, 2022 – 8:53 PM
Last Post by Percival Adlard
February 19, 2022 – 1:12 PM
View a Printable Version