Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1891. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
As clocks and other timepieces were expensive, working class folk who could not afford to rise with the sun could employ a “knocker-upper” to tap on their windowpane at a scheduled time. Knocker-uppers would work through the night and into the early morning. — Kayte
But then Miss Dempsey paid her so great a compliment that she wanted to hurl herself over the edge of the theater balcony in delight.
sobing alone in front of a haunted piano

Private
Danger? Ha! I Laugh in the Face of Danger.
July 10th, 1891 — The Slums, Hogsmeade
@James Fletcher

While Billie had been insistent that she would return to her old ways of dressing as a boy as soon as she stepped foot back in Hogsmeade, she had found such occasions to be few and far between. It was the busy season for Gideon, and she didn't wish to scare away customers because their delicate sensibilities simply couldn't handle a girl in trousers. Life didn't need to be difficult for the both of them. However, adventures certainly couldn't be had in skirts.

With an extra spring in her step, she zigzagged her way through Pennyworth and spilled out on Kidnapper's Lane, the haphazard housing of the slums quickly coming in to view. What she didn't expect was for another figure to also emerge from one of the alleys. Her eyes narrowed at the sight of him, and the left corner of her lip tugged up into a smirk.

"'Ey! Fletcher!" She hollered, attempting to sound as if she was bothered by his presence. In truth, she was almost happy to see him. Maybe they could share an adventure like old time, that is, as long as his knickers weren't still in a twist like at the end of the school year. "Ya going to see the creature down near Scut Lane, too?" It was as much of an unofficial invitation as it was an inquiry.

Despite her still much too small stride, she crossed the distance between them rather quickly a grinned a less than friendly smile to, of course, add an insult. "Or are ya a scaredy baby like that Milton Weatherby. I heard he was a snivveling mess all the way home to Irvingly." Which, she thought to herself, was to be expected of Irvingly children. They weren't tough like the scamps of Hogsmeade. Not by half.
The following 1 user Likes Billie Farrow's post:
   James Fletcher

[Image: gSiiwYS.png]
Awesome signature by MJ!  Thank yoooou!
At the yell, Jimmy’s shit-eating grin slipped off his face.

Because of course it was Billie Farrow, ruining his day.

“I’m a Gryffindor, if anyone’s a scaredy baby it’s you,” Jimmy shot back. “‘Course I’m going.” Which was a quicker way of saying even if I had better things to do I would have to go with you now, just to prove I ain’t a coward, if not a nicer one. Billie Farrow might be a seeker and might have caught a bunch of snitches and won her dumb house the quidditch cup – and Jimmy might have done more losing his house points all year and proving himself obnoxious and unpopular than anything – but he was still a Gryffindor, and that meant bravery was his thing. Officially.

Not hers.

Half a grin resurfaced at the mockery turned Weatherby’s way, though. Mocking Irvingly kids, that they could share. “I bet it’s nothin’,” Jimmy said carelessly as they fell into step; Milton Weatherby was probably scared of his own shadow. “Nothin’ fun, anyway. Someone’s probably just charmed their dog weird to trick ’em all,” he said, with a sniff. An enlarging spell, or a tooth-growing charm, to trick people into thinking there was some interesting magical, wild, (and maybe monstrous?) beast lurking in the alleys of the slums. He snorted. “Or their ugly mam.”

View a Printable Version