Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1891. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
As clocks and other timepieces were expensive, working class folk who could not afford to rise with the sun could employ a “knocker-upper” to tap on their windowpane at a scheduled time. Knocker-uppers would work through the night and into the early morning. — Kayte
But then Miss Dempsey paid her so great a compliment that she wanted to hurl herself over the edge of the theater balcony in delight.
sobing alone in front of a haunted piano

Private
Gal Pals
July 2nd, 1891 -  ABC
@Augusta Robins

This was a long time coming. Winnie knew for her own sanity she needed to reach out and make time to see her friends. Thank Merlin Gus was generally easy to get ahold of and flexible with times to get together. Winnie's schedule was always all over the place, but she carved out some time around dinner today to make it happen.

The Augurey was a predictable spot to meet, but frankly she liked the food and the company wasn't nearly as stuffy or as shady as some of the other establishments she frequented. In fact tonight it was rather lively with some music and a warm fire burning against the rain coming down outside. All in all it was a good decision. Win had even rewarded herself with a little brandy, just a little, while she waited for Gus to arrive. Food was also on the agenda as she desperately needed to eat. Had she had lunch? That was up in the air. It had been a busy day and she was ready to be off her feet for a little while.

"Oh there she is! Hello darling!" Winnie greeted her friend by standing and pressing a kiss to each cheek before resuming her seat in their little corner booth.

[Image: 5LGCwm.png]
“Win!” Gus exclaimed, once she had barrelled in, shaken off the rain, and greeted her with a broad grin. “Sorry I’m late, did I make it in time?” she gushed, mostly teasing. (Not teasing about being late; in spite of her best efforts, she had never been the most punctual. Or been a natural at reading clocks.) “Right, I need a drink,” she said, sizing up the one Winnie already had to see whether she could sneak her a second before they started on food, “but you promise you won’t dash out on me before I sit down, won’t you?” She raised her eyebrows in warning.

Though she knew what Moony’s job was like, and it was hardly Winnie’s fault. (But Merlin, where did all these expectant mothers come from? Honestly, who was having all these babies? People, apparently, but that whole business was a far cry from the world Gus knew, so. She would not pretend to understand.)

“Well, thank Merlin for that,” Gus added dramatically as she returned to their corner a minute or two later and found Winnie still planted on her chair. Luckily. Gus liked this place well enough, but she didn’t especially want to sit around all night with only her own company.

View a Printable Version