Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Adoptable Plots
plot idea: wealthy family loses all their money (maybe gambling ala featheringtons from bridgerton) and has to try and adjust to life in poverty - either by decieving their neighbours or having to relocate and completely start over as poor.

[Image: jdwjMQy.png]
Thanks go to the marvelous MJ for her sensational set.

[Image: s-age.png]
A bachelor, having met a lady the evening before, thinks himself infatuated. She is hopeful that their dances will lead to something more. He pays a call to her residence the next day, only to find her not at home—fortunately, her sister is and she's just as good, he guesses (and more convenient!)

For maximum enjoyment, bachelor and BOTH sisters ought to be played.

The following 2 users Like Fitzroy Prewett's post:
   Bernadette Fernsby, Holly Scrimgeour

[Image: KWQb2uI.jpg]
graphics by lady ❤ —
Another from the wonders of Facebook!
---

A married couple begin an affair by letter not realising that the person they are having an affair with is each other.

The following 3 users Like Dorothy Gumball's post:
   Elias Grimstone, Fitzroy Prewett, Violette Fernsby
Social Season Gambling: In which for the amusement of the non-participants they bet on when certain eligible bachelors and debutantes will become bethrothed, or married.

The following 2 users Like Ariel Sherington's post:
   Gwendolyn Vane-Tempest, Sweetie Whitledge
I am very into the Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn (which, by the way, you should all read because it does much more for my muse than the Netflix series did!) and I am very into the idea of seeing some similar plots between Charming characters. Of course, these aren't ONLY for me but I would be devastated if you didn't include me :P.

A MODIFIED CINDERELLA TALE
    A lady attends a masquerade-type ball (or is somehow able to hide her identity) and finds herself becoming more open to a man's advances than she might usually be. They find themselves alone, only for her to realize after a long conversation/inappropriate make out session/whatever that she should probably put a halt to it before she does permanent damage to her reputation. She flees, but not before leaving a clue about her identity, either physical or by her words. It doesn't have to be a shippy plot, but it could chew a lady up to realize she's left a clue about her identity after doing things a lady really shouldn't be doing, and it makes for all the more fun meeting threads where either he (or both!) have no clue that they'd been in such an intimate position with the other. (Until they do, of course.)

ENEMIES-TO-FRIENDS (-TO-LOVERS?) BUT MAKE IT BOUGIE
    In society it's terrible to show outright disdain for someone of the opposite sex, but these two characters cannot help it after getting themselves into a scenario that shows off their worst attributes. Both think the other is terrible and are dead-set on these opinions, going as far as to publicly express them. Until, slowly, they begin to realize that the traits they've labeled the other with are inaccurate, and they're forced into the realization that they might actually like each other.

THE BEST FRIEND'S BROTHER (OR SISTER)
    Girl has an older brother, older brother has a best friend (alternatively: girl has a best friend, best friend has an older brother) and they've met in passing, but neither has been in a position to properly interact until she's out. He takes an interest in her, or she takes an interest in him, and the other is completely oblivious.

The following 1 user Likes Holly Scrimgeour's post:
   Greta Gillenwater

set by MJ <3
Two characters' relationship begins with... their marriage. Maybe it was an arranged marriage that neither of them were privy to until a few weeks before they were set to marry, or maybe they were forced together due to scandal or other unforeseen circumstances. From the awkward wedding night to settling into a daily routine with each other, there's always room for drama, misunderstandings, and bonding over the weirdest things.

set by MJ <3
Another group of Hogwarts students rediscover the Room of Requirement.

The following 2 users Like Flora Mulciber's post:
   Greta Gillenwater, Madeleine Backus

Players from two different teams get into a pub fight and it starts a bitter rivalry between the teams, who then go to extreme lengths both on and off the pitch to prove their superiority.

The following 1 user Likes Lachlan MacFusty's post:
   Madeleine Backus

way too attractive set by mj <3
A lonely lady's maid-turned-companion to an old widow is out of a job when her mistress passes suddenly. She is left a generous sum of money by the widow and decides to use it to change her life to the better. She moved from the country to the city, lets a townhome, and begins trying to figure out what wealthy family she could reasonably claim kinship to in hopes of worming her way into their lives and their fortunes...

The following 3 users Like Delight Urquart's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Naeva Marshall, Sweetie Whitledge

DELIGHTful set by lady <3
(March 4, 2021 – 7:35 AM)Delight Urquart Wrote:  
A lonely lady's maid-turned-companion to an old widow is out of a job when her mistress passes suddenly. She is left a generous sum of money by the widow and decides to use it to change her life to the better. She moved from the country to the city, lets a townhome, and begins trying to figure out what wealthy family she could reasonably claim kinship to in hopes of worming her way into their lives and their fortunes...

To add a twist to that... She impersonates the dead lady to live the good life.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

[Image: spldSej.png]
SET BY MJ
A Hogwarts student—former beater? Quidditch enthusiast? Hates The Man?—goes about trying to get people to sign a petition to bring bludgers back to school quidditch.

The following 2 users Like Madeline Bell's post:
   Greta Gillenwater, Holly Scrimgeour

Bree is a graphics genius ♡
A wealthy book publisher who enjoys publishing controversial work under separate DBA from their main business, and has gone through great lengths to ensure his/her name won't be attached to things that cause outrage (but takes secret satisfaction in knowing that they've helped cause it). It would be a fun way to attach some of the published characters on the board!

set by MJ <3
A character pulls a Meg from Little Women and marries beneath herself for love, only to struggle with the realities of the lifestyle

ALTERNATIVELY:

A character marries above his station and is elevated due to his bride's dowry or whatever favors her family grants him as a result of marrying their daughter. Cue him struggle to adjust to lifestyle changes while trying to stay in his in-law's good graces.

I loooove Edith Wharton and someone should do an Age of Innocence inspired plot. Elements can include:
- my husband is in love with my hot cousin and I know but he doesn't think I do
- husband tries to leave wife who tells him she's pregnant, but isn't ~sure
- romanticizing someone so much that you know the reality of them would be dissappointing

based off this chitty chitty bang bang subplot.
Character A and Character B are married and are disgustingly in love. At least that is what the world and Character B think. Secretly, Character A has been trying to murder Character B for years and Character B keeps unknowingly avoiding death traps, surviving without realizing they almost died, thinking things were accidents that they narrowly escaped from, etc.

The following 4 users Like Roberto Devine's post:
   Cassius Lestrange, Elladora Black, Fallon Hatchitt, Reuben Crouch
Things I would love to see on the board, inspired by my favourite Percy Bysshe Shelley anecdotes:
Mad Shelley: Weird kid at Hogwarts refuses to join in with mean clique things / is just weird, so becomes everyone's bullying target, for which their peers conduct particular "[Shelley]-baiting" sessions to make their life a living torment.

The Necessity Of Atheism: some kind of incendiary anonymous pamphlet (sex ed? women's rights?) spreads around Oxford Hogwarts and causes scenes; the instigator is ferreted out and gets expelled for it.

Custody Issues: When he became a widower, Shelley was denied custody of his children and they were fostered elsewhere because, as an atheist, he was deemed an "unfit parent". Idk what the wizarding equivalent is, but love to see some ~legally unfit fathers.

A Complicated Elopement: Young man elopes* and runs away to Europe with his lover... and her sister. As you do.

(The Shelleys' version also includes: a carriage trip through Europe until they run out of money; someone immediately sprains their ankle when they have to walk; everyone's jealous of each other and writing snippy diary entries and is miserable; and then to make everything worse, Claire Clairmont throws herself at Byron.)
*technically not a legal elopement because Shelley had eloped before >.>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Friendless Night
March 24, 2024 – 11:44 PM
Last Post by Billie Farrow
January 10, 2022 – 11:34 PM
View a Printable Version