Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1891. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
As clocks and other timepieces were expensive, working class folk who could not afford to rise with the sun could employ a “knocker-upper” to tap on their windowpane at a scheduled time. Knocker-uppers would work through the night and into the early morning. — Kayte
But then Miss Dempsey paid her so great a compliment that she wanted to hurl herself over the edge of the theater balcony in delight.
sobing alone in front of a haunted piano

Private
Odd Jobs
June 24th, 1891 - Pennyworth
@Edison Moony

Ever since Ned had given Sloane the handmade book of tips and tricks for metamorphmagi, she'd been making huge strides in her skills. She could do easy things to her appearance, hair color, facial features, but she wanted to be able to really control it from head to toe and that meant she needed some actual instruction. She was not a natural student and could therefore only get so much from a book.

"You don't have to help, you know." Sloane looked over the garden they were currently weeding at Ned pointedly. "I'm the one who wants the lessons, I can do the work." It was a pretty fair trade, do some odd jobs for the woman and she would get a few lessons in her skills. Weeding a garden was something she did for fun with Calla at her house, it wasn't like this was hard.

Sloane yanked a stubborn plant from the soil and tossed it onto the pile. Not that she didn't mind spending time with Ned, in fact she quite enjoyed it. Like Hatch, he was easy to be around, more so than just about everyone else these days. Sisse, Alice, Cam, even Calla, they all had restrictions around the relationship, things that couldn't be discussed or mentioned, no matter how much they weighed on her mind. Poor Hatch was burdened with all of her problems and Ned, none of them. Here nothing was wrong and she could just be herself and pretend the problems didn't exist.

In the spirit of that though, she tossed the next weed she pulled up at him playfully, grinning mischievously.

[Image: aylpAQ.png]
such-a-Sloane-set by Lady!
"I do not mind helping," Ned retorted, calmly. In truth, it helped keep him busy enough to not think about the impending OWL results. He would soon learn whether his future aspirations were for naught, or if he'd need to buckle down even harder in the coming two years. Both outcomes would be trying, but he wished for the latter. "Besides, the sooner the work is done, the sooner you can get to lessons."

Ned was a bit clumsier at weeding than Sloane, proving once again that gardening wasn't his forte. However, he had improved greatly from earlier years and only certain people would notice his mediocre skills. Just as he pulled a weed from the ground, he felt another collide with the side of his face. "Oy!" He exclaimed, shaking the plant he held, so that some of the dirt flew off in Sloane's direction. "Watch it, or I might accidentally tip one of Anne's experiments into your morning pumpkin juice." He wouldn't ever; he didn't want to accidentally murder his friend.

"What are you to learn from Mrs. MacNiven this time?"

[Image: FmFuKc.png]
Pretties by Bee <3 <3
Of course he didn't mind, he was Ned, but she still felt a little guilty. It was nice to spend time with him though. Sloane made a noncommittal noise at his expected logical reason, but smiled anyway.

Squealing in delight as he tossed some dirt back in her direction, she uttered a, "Sorry!" Mid-laugh. She hadn't meant to hit him in the face. That was why she didn't play chaser. Or hadn't anyway. "What's Anne up to these days anyway?" The little Slytherin could give Sloane a run for her money in the mischief-making category.

"Something along the lines of full body transformations. I can do all things facial features and hair related, even the length now. I can even do my eyes, it's weird to watch." She concentrated for a moment and her eyes shifted color from brown to purple to green and back to blue. "Being a little taller would be nice, Mother seems to think I'm done growing." She hadn't even made it to five feet!

[Image: aylpAQ.png]
such-a-Sloane-set by Lady!

View a Printable Version