Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Eliphas's Network
Player's Name: Rick

Character: Eliphas Walsh
Quick Facts: Werewolf (secret), Apothecary Owner (Hogsmeade), Pure blood, dropped Hogwarts in the end of the 6th year
House: Ravenclaw
Grad Year: Didn't graduate, but would've graduated in 1884
Class: Working Class
Blood/Race: PB

Needs:
Friends/Classmates/Former Classmates: Clients (Apothecary); Neighbours (Hogsmeade); Former classmates (studied in Hogwarts, 1877-1883)
Hurls: Strongly resistant to romantic relationships due to his illness

So Juliana here secretly conducts research into werewolves, which is published under a pseudonym. She's been writing werewolves for their experiences for the past ten years, and has also recently teamed up with Odina Hill who works at the apothecary to do chemical analysis of werewolf fur and such. They've been conducting those experiences in the back of the apothecary after Odina closes it to customers. So there's plot potential either way there Smile

Also Fortitude Greengrass would have been a yearmate of his in school! His younger brother is a potioneer so their paths might cross on occasion, though due to the class difference I can't imagine they would be anything more than passingly friendly.

Prof. Marlowe Forfang

Jules
There is potential indeed! Our characters can easily meet, considering that you two conduct your researches on the back of the Apothecary. I will send a private message to Odina to see if we can work a topic of us meeting, once that my character recently bought the Apothecary and is its new owner.

Then I think we can all three easily meet. We can make a topic where Eliphas wants to check your researches or something else (I'm open for suggestions). Plus, I think that it will be quite difficult for Eliphas to hide his condition considering Odina's knowledge about werewolves. I mean, he will disappear at least for a few days every month and come back looking seriously ill. If we were talking of someone ignorant about it, okay. But someone with knowledge? Hm...

I will also keep in mind Fortitude Greengrass, but I think that a plot between Odina, Eliphas and Juliana can lead to a more interesting and deep path.

I have three classmates of his! Angie Swan was also a Ravenclaw, though went by Angie Sinnet at the time. In school she was upper class and kind of snobby, but had since been disowned to pursue her dream job of cursebreaking! She's now working class and lives in London, but frequents Hogsmeade and probably the apothecary often!

Nemo Fisk was a Hufflepuff in his year and is super friendly and non-judgemental.

Elsie here was a Gryffindor in his year as well, she's quiet and bookish and now she's a librarian in London.

@"Daffodil Potts" was a Ravenclaw a few years younger, but her family owns the florist in Hogsmeade, so I'm sure they do business together!

That's probably a good place to start!

[Image: Elsie-MJSig.png]
MJ always makes her so pretty
George Robins is a WCHB that was a Hufflepuff in his year. He works in the Ministry and is a timid, shy creature.
Friendless Night is a homeless rent boy that is mainly based in Hogsmeade. I have said in a thread before that he once slept in the alley beside the Apothecary and he is likely to do so again. He is also a werewolf but as he never tells anyone his true identity (he gives aliases instead), it is unlikely that Eliphas knows this fact. He spends the Moons hiding deep within the Forbidden Forest because he doesn't trust the Ministry.

Hello! I have a few options <3

I have a few characters who I've mentioned IC as frequenting the Apothecary:
- Bella Scrimgeour, an apprentice magizoologist who was interning in the Potion & Plant Poisoning ward at St. Mungo's before she was disowned. She still does potion-making on the side for extra money.
- Dionisia Fisk is a mediwitch who frequents the Apothecary to get supplies for her personal supplies.
- Lachlan MacFusty sells a lot of dragon parts—scales, blood, saliva, whatever can be sold for money.
- Billy Darrow is hooked on a potion he was given while sick in the hospital, and he's probably gone to the Apothecary to procure ingredients when he can't get away from stealing from the hospital's supply cabinet.
- I also have Valerian Macnair, who probably doesn't pay him any attention but has probably visited the Apothecary before with his own shady business in mind.

MJ is MAGICAL
Oh, my. First, thank you all for all the great suggestions. I wasn't expecting that many. I'll answer each one of you in separate paragraphs. Feel free to PM me with the replies. I'll give suggestions, but I'm also open to opinions.

@"Elsie Beauregard" , I think that Angie will be a great way to start. They were from the same house and they have the same age. Plus, Eliphas was a bit more wealthy during his Hogwarts year too. He got banished from his family after the werewolf situation. They can meet again in Hogsmeade. Eliphas dropped school without no reason (the werewolf reason, but he didn't tell anyone) in his 6th year, so they'll have a lot to catch up!

Roberto Devine I think that Friendless Night is a good one. Even though Eliphas doesn't know about his condition, he'll probably feel sory for the kid and offer some help. This can be a starter.

Bella Scrimgeour So many great characters! I think that my favourite ones are Bella and Lachlan. Lachlan would sure be someone from whom Eliphas would buy dragon stuff, but having Bella as a client would be great too. I'll let you choose between these two, alright?

Again, thank you all for the great suggestions! I'll wait you guys to contact me so that we can follow with our plans!

The following 1 user Likes Eliphas Walsh's post:
   Reuben Crouch
I have Meserimus Valenduris - potioneer extraordinaire!
He is a bit of a soft touch when someone has talent, so he would have supported and patronised the shop. Up to some plottage there!

I have Madeleine Backus - who would know him as another high street shop family, and would have been in school at the same time.

Elizabeth Cardew and he would have been in the same house and year.

@"Benevolence Montague" would be the same, and she breeds plants so he might have occasion to work with her, or purchase some of her plants as ingredients.

[Image: IqdY1tT.png]
Look what MJ did!!
Hi Rick!

So I have a fair few working class characters & people who live in Hogsmeade, the rest of whom you can probably look through more easily in my networking here, but my most obvious option is Leila Scott, who is a known werewolf! She used to be middle class and a hospital intern but since the attack has fallen to the working class and now works at the Hog's Head, while also offering cheaper healing services around the Slums. So she is likely to visit the apothecary quite a lot, although she's usually grumpy. xD

(I also have Emerett Picardy who is an upper class pureblood who hates werewolves more than anything in the world and publishes books about how they're terrible, in case you need an enemy.)

The following 1 user Likes Elias Grimstone's post:
   Elladora Black

look ANOTHER beautiful bee!set <3
Hi there!

I think the best bet for Hogwarts classmates I have is Marlena Scamander who was a Gryffindor the year below him but they could have definitely crossed paths. There's also Angeline Malfoy who again was the year below him and a Slytherin but she's also v.v. unlikely to interact with a poor person xD

Otherwise there's Xandra Radlett who probably buys potion supplies from him and Morwenna Skeeter who is the Head of the Department for the Control of Magical Creatures, and therefore the werewolf capture unit, but she is herself a werewolf and not above sabotaging their efforts. She also collects young werewolf boys as pseudo nephews and tries to feed them up because she assumes all young men are hopeless at looking after themselves.

The following 1 user Likes Harriet Prewett's post:
   Reuben Crouch

[Image: l2NTPe.png]
Lady is magnificent and so is this set <3
Hi Rick! I've got a couple options for you:

Kieran Abernathy is the Daily Prophet reporter who covers werewolves, and also a secret werewolf himself. He was turned in '84 and tends to hang around London, and is friendly with ^ Juliana Binns.
Noble Greengrass is a potioneer and therefor very often at the apothecary!
Cash, here, was actually one of his roommates at Hogwarts, but tended to be sort of aloof & would recognize Eliphas but probably would have dropped him when he was disowned. He probably felt weird about it at the time and may still if they run into each other now?

MJ made this!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Tommy Tupper
October 18, 2021 – 3:23 AM
Last Post by Calla Potts
July 6, 2021 – 2:30 AM
Last Post by Bobby Moon
August 22, 2020 – 12:02 PM
View a Printable Version