Cbox
Chat
UPDATES
Did you know?
Charming has a number of lonely plots looking for love. Why not take a gander and see what hijinks your character can get up to? — Kayte ( Submit your own)
Featured Adoptable

Clare Victoria Basiltree for Christopher Basiltree.
Meddlesome mother, but make her a squib <3
The thought of marrying Cecily Gallivan had occurred to Fitz in the way that the thought of marrying any attractive young lady did: a firm maybe and a hasty step away to more pleasurable topics, like sport or brandy.Fitzroy Prewett in Well. That took a turn.
— Nominate a quote —
Featured Stamp
Complete five threads where your character experiences good luck, such as finding a sickle on the ground or being saved from a fall!
>
<

There's a moment you know you're fucked
Private

April 26th, 1891 — Headmaster's Office
The indents in her palms were going to be permanent if she didn't get it together. Even as Head Girl, engaging Professor Black required courage and thick skin. Angelica avoided the man whenever she wished to enjoy her day. Thanks to the damned hags at Witch Weekly, Angelica would not be enjoying her day.

Climbing the stairs to the Headmaster's office as she would climb to the gallows, Angel was sure this would be worse than her attempts to win Black's favor as a student. Announcing herself and approaching at the first hint of acknowledgment, Angelica took in the perpetually perturbed man. He hadn't been mentor material then and he hadn't mellowed now. She'd had a better chance when she a girl.

Approaching the Headmaster's desk, she placed her unearned scarlet letter before Black. Miraculously, her hands were steady. Taking a step out of his space, she channeled all of her energy into keeping her body neutral. Her fire would be deadly here. "Headmaster, I apologize for the disturbance." Verbally apologized, internally railed. "I must bring to your attention a slanderous article printed yesterday. The Witch Weekly alleges that I am the person publishing nonsense." Angel took a quick breath before launching into a topic she never wanted to discuss with Phineas Black. "It also speculates on my platonic friendship with Mr. Felix Prewett and makes assumptions about my marriage and late husband." Muggles were right, there was a hell. And it had far more than nine levels. "Sir, I value this institution, our heritage," might as well remind him of the importance of purebloods as child role models (even if she thought it irrelevant as long as Wizardkind wasn't subordinated to muggles). "And I value my reputation. This nonsense is not accurate."

[Image: 3yopnb.png]
MJ made this miracle!

Phineas hated to be disturbed while working. What he hated even more than being disturbed was when it was unannounced. His staff knew this, so whoever it was had already earned his ire by simply breaking the unspoken rule of scheduling a damn appointment. He was a busy man, running a busy institution after all.

He barely had time to register his displeasure as Verona launched into her a tirade about Witch Weekly of all things and Phineas could only glance at the gossip rag in distaste before turning his unpleasant stare back at the Arithmancy professor. Had she any sense, she may have realized that Phineas was not currently a subscriber to Witch Weekly or its particular brand of nonsense, but now he had unfortunate evidence in front of his face that he had to deal with. Despite Professor Verona's insistence that the grounds upon which the article were written were nonsense, Phineas tended to believe that most gossip was rooted in some kind of fact.

"I'm not entirely sure what you want me to do with this information." He drawled when she finally finished ranting at him.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Phineas Black's post:
   Angelica Vorona

“Toujours Pur.”

deep quote code by Soph ♥ av by MJ

How was she still naive enough to believe a conversation with Phineas Black would be anything but frustrating? Was it possible for him to act like a human being instead of like a porlock with an injured limb? Perhaps it was how much he reminded her of Renzo, but Angel had to wrestle every impulse to refrain from snapping at the headmaster as if he was her oldest brother and every other man her father respected.

Narrowing her eyes, but biting hard on her lip, Angel collected herself before she continued. "I want you to confirm that you know a colleague well enough to see a clear fabrication when you see it. I have never given you reason to doubt me and I want you to pay attention. Is that so much to ask?" It came out clipped and piercing, Angelica ready to hiss. Were she a man, this would be met with a toast and a laugh, but here she was hoping to Merlin that Black would do his bloody job and support her when this inevitably became problematic.

MJ made this miracle!

Phineas was bored with this already.

He quirked a dangerous eyebrow at her, lips set in a stern line at her outburst. "I should think you would tread lightly here, Mrs. Verona," He cautioned slowly. Phineas did not much care for being told what to do, especially when no, he didn't actually care to know most of his staff or anything about their personal lives. Much less how they went and wound up in gossip magazines like the one on the desk before him.

"I should suggest you would take greater care in whatever it is you have to say next. I am not one to suffer fools in my office, let alone my school." Really it would be better if she left now before he got annoyed.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Phineas Black's post:
   Angelica Vorona

“Toujours Pur.”

deep quote code by Soph ♥ av by MJ

Sadly, this was going better than expected.

Angelica clamped her mouth shut, forcing herself to take a deep breath before she got herself permanently dismissed. Merlin, he was bloody infuriating, but Angelica needed him in her corner on this, or at least not actively working against her.

"I apologize, Headmaster. I only come to you so that you're prepared in case the Board of Governors has concerns on the matter. You know how intrusive they can be in school matters." In truth, Angel would rather deal with the Board, but it was no secret that Black hated interference in the school. If she could point at a common enemy, perhaps he would at least listen to her concern. Maybe. Probably not.

MJ made this miracle!