Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

making a lark of the misery
March 25th, 1891
Benevolence,
I apologize for being distant as of late. Pregnancy doesn't agree with me, I don't think. Or are all women this ill and only better at hiding it? Though, I will say my condition is not as dire as Witch Weekly would make it out to be. I'm not dying.

I hope to have better days ahead, and would love to visit with you on happier terms than my last. You're well, I presume? The shop and everything else remains unchanged? Have you much business in preparation for Easter?
Yours,
Melody

@'Benevolence Montague' / Madeleine Backus

Melody,
There is no need to apologise! I cannot imagine how difficult a pregnancy must be, although I am incredibly pleased to hear that you are not as ill as the gossips would have society believe.

The business takes care of itself for the most part, I have a lovely new manager who is wonderfully capable of handling the shops which leaves me more time for the part that I enjoy the most - that is the plant breeding.

As soon as you are able I would love to see you but if the first time I see you is to fawn over your new addition I shall not at all be offended!

The tea and the plant are meant to help with symptoms, but I admit that it is mostly anecdotal, but they will do no harm, but might offer some comfort.

Love,
Benevolence

Included is a magical plant that is meant to help alleviate symptoms of morning sickness and mostly just looks pretty, and a tea meant to help reduce nausea

[Image: wl0I79B.jpg]
Lady is a wonder
March 27th, 1891
Benevolence,
You have always had a marvelous talent for plant breeding. I know you'll succeed in whatever your endeavors are.

As it stands, I'm quite available for company provided you don't mind my excusing myself every so often. Might I come to you? I could use a change of scenery from the quiet nature of Irvingly.
Yours,
Melody

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Timoleon Maxime
January 1, 2024 – 1:18 AM
Last Post by Jessamine Parkinson
September 15, 2023 – 9:55 AM
Last Post by Flora Mulciber
November 27, 2022 – 11:04 PM
Last Post by Gus Lissington
October 7, 2022 – 1:19 AM