Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Ribbing
Jan 18th
Evander,

Hoping if I send this now it might reach you on your birthday. I'm writing from off the coast near Gibraltar and I'm never certain about owls over such distances. I picked it up the other day in Lisbon (which is in Portugal in case you didn't know, untraveled and uncultured old man that you are); it's supposed to go well with cheese courses so perhaps will come in handy at your next terribly awkward dinner party.

Have you proposed to Miss Delaney yet? You're not getting any younger and I'd wager she might be getting impatient.

Alfred

Bottle of port included.

Evander Darrow Elias Grimstone

The following 1 user Likes J. Alfred Darrow's post:
   Caroline Darrow

MJ made the most Alfredy of sets and then two years later she made it EVEN BETTER
21st January, 1891
Alfred,

Thank you for the bottle of port. It arrived last night, so I cannot even disparage you for being late. On the subject of being on time, though - I have proposed to Miss Delaney, actually, thank you, and she has accepted me. I had meant to tell you when you returned; we are waiting for word from her parents in Boston before we share the news any further, though I do not anticipate any objections in that corner.

Speaking of engagements, how fares your suit of Miss Fisk? Are you any nearer such a date, yourself?

Evander
P.S. I am not certain if you recall it, but you once offered to grant me some sailing experience - show me the ropes or whatnot. If the offer still stands, I might be inclined to take you up on it at some stage when you’re back. Let me know.

The following 2 users Like Evander Darrow's post:
   Caroline Darrow, J. Alfred Darrow

Jan 23rd
Evander,

Bloody good work! Part of me can't believe she accepted but I'm glad — if she hadn't you might never have gotten over it, I don't think. Of course I remember offering to take you sailing, and yes, the offer still stands. This is rather a rubbish time of year to learn, with winds and seas being what they are, but if we took a little boat from the Sanditon and stayed within the confines of the weather charms I think you might be able to manage it. I'll be back home in February. When do you actually plan to marry her? Or I suppose you must be waiting on word from her parents before setting a date.

Wait — are you marrying her here or in America? I had never considered you might need to go abroad for it — I don't think you'll care much for Boston, to be honest, but as long as you don't plan to honeymoon there I suppose you'll be alright.

And I have every intention of marrying Miss Fisk as soon as I am able. There are — complications there, as I'm sure you're aware.

Alfred

MJ made the most Alfredy of sets and then two years later she made it EVEN BETTER

View a Printable Version