Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Private
I'll Be Needing Stitches
If Verity thought the conversation had begun to turn against her before Audra's interference, then the added explanation towards her finishing could only be explained as horrifying. The damage wouldn't have been terrible had Audra stopped at the mention of her father, but then she went on to unintentionally insult Mrs. Devine's parenting abilities. Were she any less educated, Verity would have stared at her mother in horror, or, more likely, frantically pulled her aside to question her motives.

She could do no such thing, though.

Verity kept her eyes trained on the clothing before her as the pair spoke, working swiftly to ensure the garment would be whole again before it was time for her to speak once more. When it was time, though, she could think of nothing of substance to salvage her mother's statements. "Your children will be delighted to be granted such opportunities, I'm sure" Verity acknowledged with a smile. As far as she knew, Mrs. Devine had but the one son, but she wasn't going to add insult to injury by assuming the woman to be barren.

Once the garment in her hands was gently folded, Verity added it to what she presumed to be the complete pile, she smiled once more towards the socialite. "It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mrs. Devine."

"The pleasure is all mine," Ophelia said with a tight smile that did not particularly imply that it was. "I'll be watching your performance this season with great interest, Miss Greengrass. Perhaps I shall be able to learn something to pass on to my own children when the time comes."

(As if.)

View a Printable Version