Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Calla's Dairy
the journal has been spelled with a few basic charms to keep people out but they seem lacking. calla doesn't really think anyone would try to read it, though she might add more once she goes home to keep her sister's out.

[Image: SQXZU54.png]
look at the pretties mj made me!!!
06 March, 1887
There are only a few more months before I am allowed to attend Hogwarts as well as my siblings. I wonder if Mother and Father would will be sad, after all, I am the youngest. No one to baby until I come home on breaks. Though I'm sure none of my sisters will see this as an excuse to stop treating me like a little girl. If anything it will only be worse - I will once again be surrounded by those I grew up with. Do not get me wrong, I love all of my sisters, but Amaryllis and Senna were both already off at school when I was born and Thistle too left before I can really remember. I know Zinnia best of the eldest four, but she still was away after I turned five. Many of my sisters I have gotten to know over break and after they have graduated. All but Zinnia, Daffy, and Dahlia are home again, done with their schooling. Still, Amaryllis is married now and does not live with us anymore and she is over twice my age if I did my arthmics arithmetics correctly. I've never been too good at numbers.

Still, maybe I won't be the baby too much longer. Amaryllis has been married long enough to have a child - it would actually be expected of her soon. I'm certain that father would love a grandson. I just think it would be fun to be an aunt. Maybe I can be like Aunt Myrtle was - though I would wish to marry at some point. I laugh at what Amaryllis would think if she read this, but hopefully, she won't. I plan to keep this journal hidden away. And it would most definitely be coming to Hogwarts with me this September. Seven more months, minus a few days. Five to be exact. I am so so excited. The idea of finally being allowed to attend Hogwarts is absolutely thrilling. I will miss the greenhouses a lot, though, but I am told that they have decent ones at school. I think I'll miss the freedom as well. And Mother and Father of course.

I got a letter today from Daffy, she wants to meet me next weekend at Honeydukes, she knows me slightly too well. It will be so nice to see her again. She means to buy sweets for a friend's birthday but hopefully, I can get a few things as well. I believe we are going to the store as well for her to pick up a few plants for the same friend as well. She asked for my help choosing!
Calla Potts

11 September, 1887
Oh dear, I had forgotten about this. So much has happened in the last six months. I got my Hogwarts letter finally! I went with Sloane to Ollivanders and we got our wands. He said mine was dogwood with a unicorn hair! I quite like it. I was also sorted into Hufflepuff - I'm not disappointed but I'm not excited either. I didn't really want to be in one house over another, so I do suppose it suits me I am here.

Today in DADA, Miss Meta Lestrange and Miss Holly Scrimgeour got really upset about losing and Miss Scrimgeour tried to petrify a kid and Miss Lestrange tried to set another kid's robes on fire! And then, even after they got in trouble, Mr Elijah Urquart tried to set me on fire! It was chaos! Thankfully I was able to duck, but I did eventually get the shield charm right!
Calla Potts

12 September, 1887
I tried out for the Quidditch team the other day and I made it! I am a chaser now! There were only two other first years that made it, both to Gryffindor.

Yesterday, after the Quidditch results were posted I ended up talking to this one boy - he is one of the Ravenclaw chasers and well, he seemed really surprised I made the team. He first asked if I had a friend who made it like there wasn't even a chance of me making it! So what if I didn't come from a Quidditch family? Everyone has to start someone where.

Now everyone one is talking about me and it annys me. No one seems to be second guessing the other first years from Gryffindor!
Calla Potts

17 September, 1887
Today in Herbology we got to help Professor Skeeter move the Devil's Snare. He turned it into a relay race and we had to use lumos to keep the snare from leaving the pot. They were only clippings so they weren't really that dangerous but, it still was fun.

I actually managed to get it across the first time! Which only half the class could do, and most everyone who did was on my team. Would you believe it, we actually ended up winning! Professor Sketter actually seemed a little proud of us.
Calla Potts

04 October, 1887
We have a group project for DADA this month. We met today in the library to do it. I ended up partnered with another first year Gryffindor by the name of Sisse Thompsett and a second year Slytherin, Zadie Pine, who turns out to be the younger sister of that Ravenclaw who didn't think I could play Quidditch.

It got to be on the hex of out choosing and we chose a horn growing hex. Both girls ended up being really nice and I think I might even end up being friends with them after. They didn't mind me being late and both were willing to do their share of the work, which was nice. I am kind of glad I got the group of three - we could split the work more evenly.

I'm only disapointed we didn't actually get to try the hex.
Calla Potts

07 October, 1887
The OWL and NEWT students got to go to Hogsmeade this weekend. Daffy and Dahlia both got to go. I wish I could of. The class work is starting to get hard and I do miss home. I miss my sisters and Mother and Father. Daffy won't be here next year and I think Hogwarts will feel a little less like home then. Still, I got Dahlia to bring me back some sweets so it isn't all a loss, really.
Calla Potts

22 October, 1887
There was a potion brewing contest today and I was really excited for it but I didn't even get past the first round honestly. I messed up the forgetfullness potion - ironically I forgot how many Valerian sprigs I was supposed to add and I added to many and it had this weird smoke coming from it. The instructions were even written on the board.

My round ended up coming down to Miss Scrimegour, the same one that tried to petrify a kid in DADA class, and Miss Thompsett, one of my partners this month for the DADA project, but Miss Scrimegour won out - I don't know yet who won the whole thing but I am really disappointed in myself for not doing better.

I've heard later in the year there is a dueling contest. Now that sounds fun. I wonder if I would do better in that. I will have to work really hard to do better in that than the potion brewing contest!
Calla Potts

03 November, 1887
Miss Scrimegour approached me in the greenhouse today - well, it was more like she cornered me, but I don't think I minded that much. I think she has my name confused - she kept calling me Pippy, but my name is Calla. I tried to correct her but I do not think she noticed. Anyways, she wanted help on her herbology sketches.

I'm not too sure why she asked me - my family runs a florist, not an apothecary. I know more about what goes better together to the eye that what part you can use for what potion. All I'm really good at is knowing what a plant is, not what it is for. I still tried to help her though. I was lucky she didn't ask me any kind of harder plants. Just germander and wormwood. Though she kept stumbling over the name 'germander', I simply can't think of why. It isn't like it is even used for anything embarrassing. I didn't ask though and I am not interested enough to ask around.

She had a really neat hand in drawing but seemed to have trouble remember what is what. I told her she would just have to go over it again and again and physically do something with it to become familier with it. I don't know if it will help her, but I hope it does.
Calla Potts

12 November, 1887
Today was my birthday. I didn't think anyone knew but Tatianna left me a cupcake on my nightstand in the morning with a note and it was just so sweet of her and it meant a lot to me that she would do that, though I am not to sure she knew that. I saw her in the great hall and she had saved me a seat.

I had missed the mail and she had saved my package for me so I didn't have to go find it later, thankfully. I would have spent all day searching in the owlery for it. Momma and poppa sent me a pair of quidditch gloves - which will be great for the match!
Calla Potts

17 November, 1887
I really ought find out if it is against the rules to sit a another house's table during meals. No one has told me that it is against the rules but at the same time, I have never actually seen anyone do it before. So it there a rule against it or some unspoken rule that in all honesty, is not really a rule? Because if it is not a rule, I have a lot more friends I could be sitting with.

Miss Thompsett - my partner last month for the DADA project, she is another first year but she is in Gryffindor - called me out at dinner this afternoon to ask me how practice went as I was wearing my robes still. I found it kind of funny she saught me out today when we did horn growing hexes in class today, the very thing we did our project on last month, or maybe she thought to find me because of that.

I still have not gotten to actually trya horn growing hex yet.
Calla Potts

17 November, 1887
A buch of us were out on the lawn talking and studying - well, I was mostly talking, I do admit I did not even bother to bring my homeworks. Anyways, Tatianna randomly got up at one point and started to follow something. I could not see what she was following from where I was sitting so I was honestly really confused, so I got up and followed her.

As it turned out she was following a trail and at the end of was this hole and what would pop out of the hole but a niffler. A real live niffler! I have never seen a niffler before - or I suppose a wild on. I think they have one at the zoo, but I am not positive right now. But it had stolen one of the girl's necklaces but I could not get too mad at it. It is a niffler after all, it will only follow its nature.

I wish I could have kept it as a pet.
Calla Potts

1 November, 1890
I'd quite forgotten this existed. Reading what I had written three years ago and the worries I had then, now they seem so minor. Maybe in another three years my worries now will seem minor as well, but for now they seem so big. That is why I dug this out of the bottom of my trunk for I feel as if I have no one to talk to but everything is bubbling up inside my head and it has been so long that I just need to get it out. I'm not sure if it will help, but it I have to try. If anything maybe it will help me organize my thoughts even if I can't find a solution.

It is just . . . well everything feels so wrong. My friends and I, we've been friends since first year. I thought we would always be friends but now I am not so sure anymore. Last year Sloane and Cammie always fought so we were always tiptoeing around them but this year now they've stopped and you'd think that I would be happy about that and I am but now everything else is wrong. Sloane and Cam seem closer than ever, they seem to close and I am wprried that I am loosing my best friend now.

I've known Sloane longer than I can remember. We've always just been friends - no questions asked. She told me everything and I told her. But now I can tell she's keeping something from me. I think she thinks I can't tell, but I've known Sloane for nearly thirteen years. I can tell when she is keeping something from me even now that her hair doesn't tell me. She seems like she's always walking on ice, scared of saying or doing the wrong thing and now I feel that too.

Sisse as well. I can tell she and Sloane got in a fight. They go out of their way to avoid each other now. They claim they aren't but we all know they are. Sisse and Cam are awkward too, but I'm not sure if that is because Cam was involved in Sisse and Sloane's fight or if he feels as id he has to take Sloane's side. They always were closer. I told her the other day she could talk to me if something was wrong but she just moved on to something else.

Even Alice and Sisse seem to be tiptoeing around each other but I can't tell why. I don't think they are mad at each other but something there changed as well.

I'm worried about everything falling apart. I'm jealous that Sloane won't tell me what happened. That Sisse won't either. I think Sisse told Alice more than she told me. Do they not trust me? I want to help but how can I help if I don't even know what is wrong?! I think I am mad too. Even more than I'm worried and I'm jealous and possibly mad . . . I'm scared.

I'm scared of what is going to happen. I'm scared I'm going to loose my friends. I'm scared they don't trust me. I'm scared of being left out.

I'm scared of not being good enough.

I've started trying to hand out with some other people. I think I'm trying to protect myself. If I distance myself from my friends then they can't hurt me, right? I just don't know what to do anymore.

Calla Potts

13 February, 1891
Everything is still happening.

I talked to Sloane on Thursday. I told her how I feel, or at least parts of it. I told her that it hurt that everyone shut me out and that I just wanted to help. It seems so silly that it was such a big deal to me when it took so little space on paper. But, I don't think it did anything. I left the conversation feeling just as hurt, sad, and desperate as I felt before. Again, the paper can't express how long it took me to pinpoint exactly how I was feeling. I feel like I've been writing this for so long now.

For once I'm glad I'm in Hufflepuff away from everyone else. I don't think I'd be brave enough to write this down if my friends could come across it at any time or ask me what I was writing. I want to think I would trust them not to read it, and I think I would still trust some of them. But some of them might be angry enough that the violation of trust and personal space wouldn't matter. Here it is quiet and I can reflect in peace.

But it doesn't change. Writing Daffy didn't help. Talking to Sloane didn't help. And writing here doesn't really help solve things either. I know Hufflepuffs are supposed to be loyal but a part of me just wants to leave. I want to tell them that if they don't want my help then they can sort it out on their own. That they can tell me when or if they ever solve it and that I'm going to find other friends to be with. I know that isn't loyal to me, but it hurts right now and I'm not sure how much more I can take.

I'm tired of feeling like scraps tossed to the dogs. Thrown from beast to beast. I really wish Ethel was here right now. I could use a hug. I think I'll go home next Hogsmeade day. I need it. I want Momma's hugs and cook's sweets.

Calla Potts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Lucille Lukeson
December 5, 2019 – 4:38 PM
View a Printable Version