Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Rambles
March 10 , 1890
— Diana —
Classes are okay this week, Di. School is school. You know how it is for me. There is a reason I wasn't sorted into Ravenclaw. I try, and that is what matters, right? It isn't like my grades actually matter anyway. I'm only going to debut. I simply cannot wait for the coming-out ball, sister. All the lovely dresses and the lights and the people. I imagine a ball is simply glorious. I think I want my dress to be pink. Well, pink-ish. I know I need to wear white but surely the faintest tint of pink will be fine. I do believe I'll look better in that than stark white.

I think I'll miss Hogwarts, but I think I'll enjoy the season more. I think I'll be better suited to it than classes. It will please mother at least. Maybe I'll even marry before you, sister! The thought of that alone makes me laugh. You'll have to find someone to marry soon, so I can find someone as well, without worrying about you. I truly hope this season sees you someone you might even love. I am rambling, Di, I know. It is unsightly, but I simply cannot contain myself. The season comes closer and closer. The coming out ball is in two months and fourteen days. I keep counting.

I write to you today to ask if you wish to meet this upcoming weekend. We have a trip to Hogsmeade on the 15th and I would love to see you, Di, if you have no prior plans. We could meet at the Painted Lady is you are available.
Missing you always,
— Octavia Rose —
@"Diana Fawley"

[Image: n6cJGfq.jpg]
Lady makes such lovely things.
10th March 1890
Tavie,
First of all, I'd love to join you at the Painted Lady during your next Hogsmeade Weekend! I shall have to treat you to some ice cream afterwards, or perhaps a trip to Honeydukes. Whatever your heart desires!

Now Tavie, I know that grades hardly matter in that respect seeing as we are so fortunate enough as to not have to work, but they are still important to your education. Just remember, if you get all T's you don't get to re-take the classes! But really, I think you too hard upon yourself. You're intelligent and you know it Octavia Rose.

Mother was just mentioning to me how stark white in your dress would not suit you. Of course she had to mention it was such a pity I was to be the example of what stark white would look like on a complexion like mine, but here we are. She wanted me to pass along that she'll be attending one of your next Hogsmeade Weekends to take you dress shopping. I managed to convince her to stay this time around, as I wanted to be selfish (my words, not hers) and catch up with you myself!

Tavie you must know you can be less formal with me than with mother or father, I truly do not mind your rambling. We will get you ready for your coming out ball, I promise there is no need to worry.

I look forward to seeing you at the Painted Lady this weekend. Shall we say 2pm? Let me know what time you have to be back by too. Is it still just before nightfall?
Ever your fond sister,
Di

[Image: sSM2r4E.jpg]
March 10 , 1890
— Diana —

Ice cream sounds lovely, Diana. If you bring sweets, you'll have to bring some of cook's. I miss her pastries like nothing else. I do not think the food at Hogwarts could ever compair. But I suppose it is for the best I cannot have her sweets every day or I would gain so much weight. I'd have to get another wardrobe.

I think I would rather just do a year at Pendergast than have to repeat a year at Hogwarts. Having to move down a dorm and watch all my friends graduate would be so humiliating. I may be intelligent, but I'm certainly not book smart like you and Henry. The hat didn't make a mistake not placing me in Ravenclaw. I am just more comfortable socializing and hosting than I would ever be writing essays or reading about magic theory.

You would look lovely in white, Di, and you know mother only pushes you because she wants what is best for us. She wants to see you well cared for, even after they are gone, and happy, that is why she nags you about finding a husband. She cares, she just does not express it well. But thank you, I am glad we have this weekend. Tell Mother that I look forward to seeing her but I will write to her before then.

Thank you, Di. Like I said before, the life of a society woman is all I think I'm suited for. I would never make it if I had to work in the ministry. Maybe as a healer, but I wouldn't have the N.E.W.T.s for it. I'm taking Astronomy, Herbology, Divination, Ancient Runes, and COMC. What in the world would I do with that? So I worry. But everything will work out right?

Yes, it is still nightfall. Seeing you at two would work perfectly!
Missing you always,
— Octavia Rose —

10th March 1890
Tavie,
Regardless I will bring you some extra sweets of cooks. Im sure she's just dying to dote on you as well, so they're bound to be quite delicious.

You know I completed a few years at Pendergast, so I will talk to mother about it. I'm sure we have ample funds to provide you, me and Henry at Pendergast so it should be an easy talk. Nevertheless, she's eager to hear from you, and I'll let her know to expect letters from you soon.

Everything will work out yes, but you must play your cards right, Tavie. You've heard what's happened to poor Melody. She was so poised to be the belle of the ball and yet see what she's gotten into? I love her so, but in all logic her path is not one I would recommend you follow lest you want to be disowned from the family. Of course, I do not say this as a threat and merely as a warning that I feel obliged to pass onto you. You'll likely hear a harsher version from mother once you get home, and yet another once you've come into Society.

I look forward to our meeting. Papa sends his love as well!
Ever your fond sister,
Di

[Image: sSM2r4E.jpg]
March 10 , 1890
— Diana —
I could see the benefit of going to Pendergast, but at the same time the idea of waiting another year or more to be in society makes my stomach curl. I think mother has us trained up so well I am not sure that Pendergast could even teach of anything. You went, what do you think Di? Does Momma do Pendergast justice?

I'll start my letter to mother as soon as I finish this, she'll have it when I send yours. I'll send them both with Cyra.

Oh I heard about Miss Finch Mrs Crouch even here in the castle. That was terrible what she did! I'm sure with the quick manor it was conducted they think themselves in love - all of which if they want to be together is terribly romantic - but her poor family and well ex-fiancee now I suppose. And from what I know of Ruban Crouch I doubt he is someone who can support her.

You needn't worry, Di, I would never do such a think to you all. I simply cannot imagine living in such a manor I imagine she finds herself in now regardless. And I love you all, I wouldn't want to be disowned from you all not even a day! Though I imagine Mother and Father would never arrange a marriage for me with someone I could not stand at all - I hope.

I look forward to seeing you soon.
Missing you always,
— Octavia Rose —

View a Printable Version