Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Creature Inquiry
January 25th, 1890
@'Percival Adlard Jr.'
Mr. Adlard,

I apologize if you are not the correct person with whom I need to address this matter, but I'm afraid my knowledge of the British Ministry and its departments is woefully minimal and you happened to be in the last copy of the Prophet I have read, so you are my only resource at the moment.

My name is Eavan MacKay and I am an avian magizoologist typically employed at the Podmore Zoo in Irvingly. For the last six months I have been abroad in the United States studying Thunderbirds in the Arizona territory. My research trip concludes in the next few months, so my questions may be a bit premature, but I am currently in charge of a small batch of hatchlings that will soon be eventually be released to the wild- all except for one. You see, I have a wee babe that was hatched with a deformed wing and therefore will not be able to survive in the wild. The sanctuary I am currently working at will be able to keep her, however the option to return with her to the Podmore Zoo this spring has also been brought up as an option, hence why I am writing to you to see if it is even possible, and if so, what channels must I go through to properly return with her.

Again, I apologize if you are not the person with whom I need to speak, but if not, could you please redirect me to the right department or official? I would greatly appreciate it!
Kind regards,
Miss E. MacKay

5Potfd.png
January 30, 1890
Dear Miss MacKay,

I am writing in response to your February 5 letter regarding the legal transportation of a Thunderbird to the United Kingdom. This can be done, however, there are several steps which I will outline below that must first be followed:

1. Paperwork regarding the creature and its specifics shall need to be submitted to my office.

2. A plan detailing training and methods that will be used to protect the British population shall need to be written up and submitted to my office.

3. Official paperwork from the Podmore Zoo accepting responsibility for the creature will need to be submitted.

4. Finally, an interview and inspection of the creature shall need to take place at the time of immegration.

Please be aware that Thunderbirds are not among magical creatures which can be brought into the country as pets and as such a zoo or other establishment shall have to take responsibility for the creature.

Perhaps you will forgive my forwardness, but your letter rather intrigued me into the research you are doing. I have long found the creatures of North America a source of curiosity. If you do chose to bring the Thunderbird to Podmore Zoo, I should greatly look forward to the opportunity to discuss this further with you.

Sincerely,
Mr. P. Adlard, Jr.
Asst. Head of the Regulation & Control of Magical Creatures
Ministry of Magic.

[Image: 1wsKcIW.jpg]
Pretties from Lady <3
February 5th, 1890
@'Percival Adlard Jr.'
Mr. Adlard,

I appreciate your swift response and detailed information in response to my inquiry. I do suspect these things take time and our timeline is, as of right now, hopefully a mid-March return for myself and now the Thunderbird (I've named her Astra).

If you wouldn't mind sending both myself and Mr. Zachariah Podmore (at the zoo) a copy of the necessary paperwork, we will get started on all of the needed arrangements and plans for your approval as soon as possible.

As for my research, I have been studying the breeding habits and habitats of the birds since the beginning of August. We are mainly working to boost their populations and work collaboratively with MACUSA to protect these magnificent beasts. I've sent along some of my personal research (if you're interested, as it includes some of the training I will utilize!) and copies the official documents we will submit to the Congress to start the process of this side.

I cannot thank you enough for your assistance Mr. Adlard, these birds are my life's work and I look forward to working with you in the future!
Kind regards,
Miss E. MacKay

5Potfd.png

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Alasdair Greyback
October 8, 2023 – 5:24 PM
Last Post by Louisa Clearwater
August 9, 2022 – 6:21 AM
Last Post by George Waterford
March 22, 2022 – 12:11 PM
Last Post by Prosper Cresswell