Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

*N/A*
Character Ideas I Shouldn't Make
Somebody should base a wizard or at least his wife off this guy: Guillaume let gentil . His story keep popping up on Facebook. Specifically the part about missing the Venus transist and staying in India for 8years only to for the transit to still be too cloudy to be seen and when he return home to find he'd lost his job, his wife and his estate had been plundered because every letter he'd sent had been lost.

[Image: obsig.png]
A lower-class half-giant or quarter-giant that moves around a bit and based on his height picks an age to be and pretends to be much older ( would need to start around 9/10 or earlier ).  Then they get a Hogwarts letter and they just quit their jobs to catch the train.  Bonus points if pre-plotting makes them see people they interacted with prior when they were pretending to be older.

[Image: Wy5E1l1.png]
Shiny set by MJ
A portrait of a long dead famous rake of a man that consistently makes jokes about being well hung.

The following 5 users Like Tycho Dodonus's post:
   Aldous Crouch, Basil Foxwood, Galina, Rose Hart, Tilda MacFusty

I like antagonist spirits <3 Have some ideas I can't commit to -- I would love to see them used tho!

The ghost of a witch who used dark magic.. No one really knows how she died but she seems to have passed within the very early part of this century: she claims to be a UCPB but only goes by a first name (should be a common one). Some people suspect she's lying but no one knows for certain (OOC: she is). She tells a vicious, maybe even graphic story about how a mudblood werewolf murdered her (with the emphasis that she never got the justice she deserved) for any sympathetic soul that will lend an ear -- given her funeral garb, it's impossible to dispute her story and she will get angry if you try. She doesn't like other ghosts! What are her real goals though? Does her former practice in the dark arts have anything to do with them? No clue but she is very shady (and probably puts on an innocent act for any suspicious characters, as to avoid the Spirit Division).

OR

A poltergeist that has set up residency in Hogsmeade somewhere (has to be where there are semi-regular to regular constable patrols), but only comes out at night. They (though most people call them "she" due to their appearance) like to cause mischief and mayhem for the local constables (and occasionally the members of the law enforcement department for the ministry whenever such employees cross their path) among the usual poltergeist shenanigans. There have been several times where they were forced to settle down for a short while, but they have always come back as, unfortunately, you can't get rid of a poltergeist -- a fact that this one reminds the constables (and probably the Spirit Division employees who come to deal with them). They've only picked to bother Hogsmeade since '79. Why? Hogsmeade wished it knew.

The following 1 user Likes Bethel Nye's post:
   Aldous Crouch

Lovely set by Kit <3
[Image: qLh1ks.png]
We have all these "happy from outside appearances but secretly very fraught" marriages and I kinda want the opposite. A married couple who are known to be vitriolic and awful to each other to the point where it makes other characters uncomfortable but actually they're very happy together and use phrases like "ignorant oaf" as pet names.

(January 2, 2022 – 2:44 AM)Eldritch Morgan Wrote:  We have all these "happy from outside appearances but secretly very fraught" marriages and I kinda want the opposite. A married couple who are known to be vitriolic and awful to each other to the point where it makes other characters uncomfortable but actually they're very happy together and use phrases like "ignorant oaf" as pet names.
I would honestly love this xD

The following 1 user Likes Clarissa Cosgrove's post:
   Acacia Darlington

set by Lady!

A character everyone thinks is a seer because they have crazy accurate predictions, but in reality they think divination is kinda bs and they're just incredibly observant and stating things they believe are obvious.

Two Characters: /making so many sexy eyes at each other
Not-a-Seer: They'll be married by the end of the year.
Everyone else: !!!

The following 1 user Likes Reuben Crouch's post:
   Holly Scrimgeour

MJ made this <3
(January 11, 2022 – 11:23 PM)Reuben Crouch Wrote:  A character everyone thinks is a seer because they have crazy accurate predictions, but in reality they think divination is kinda bs and they're just incredibly observant and stating things they believe are obvious.

Two Characters: /making so many sexy eyes at each other
Not-a-Seer: They'll be married by the end of the year.
Everyone else: !!!

For bonus points an Irvingly muggle who manages to convince people he's a seer, like the TV show psyche and through standard victorian psychic fakery.

[Image: IqdY1tT.png]
Look what MJ did!!
A ghost who convinces people they can convey messages from the dead by traveling to the Great Beyond and back, but actually they're just snooping around and making educated guesses based on what they find.

The following 1 user Likes Ozymandias Dempsey's post:
   George Waterford

MJ is the light of my life <3
This is a full-on FAMILY I shouldn't make, because y'all know how I am about want ads.

There is always one seer in the _____ family. It is this individual who mans the helm, who gives each member of the family their Guiding Prediction on their seventeenth birthday. Except for their successor, normally discovered at the age of seven. It has long been realized that, on the seventeenth birthday of the next child who shares this gift, the Family Seer tends to drop dead. Sometimes of a heart attack, sometimes a murder. One lived to be one hundred and ten, and simply did not get up from his chair.

• The Seer should be played.
  • The Successor should be in Hogwarts year 3-5 for maximum drama (Seer: "omg I'm going to die soon").
  • Want ads are accompanied by a list of predictions (varying degrees of specificity from "a great shadow dogs your steps" to "you will fall out a window and die") for the players who take them to choose from; under-17s will have their predictions given IC as the time nears

The following 3 users Like George Waterford's post:
   Dorian Fisk, Naeva Marshall, Reuben Crouch

Beauty set by Soph <3

He/Him/His by those around her.
She/Her/Hers OOC and in her own narration.
a Mrs Russell Type -
Someone who's husband is entirely self made, with more money than God and in the upper echelons financially. But who is shunned by the establishment elite, despite their party throwing skills.

Everyone WANTS To go but can't be seen to be lowering themselves and so people engineer situations were they are 'forced' to go to her events.

[Image: WXgUmdP.jpg]
Less of a character I shouldn't make and more a character I know I wouldn't be able to do justice to!

A self made man, risen from the middle classes, who is a proud and ferociously loyal family man - he backs his family on every play. wickedly smart and supremely ambitious. If you're in with him, you're in with him and he is the strongest player on your team but cross him and there could be few enemies more potent.

[Image: IqdY1tT.png]
Look what MJ did!!
A character who marries for ~less than noble reasons but their plans are foiled. Repeatedly. Tried running away with the money but spouse accidentally crashed the getaway and now they're on a lavish honeymoon. Decided to lightly poison the soup but spouse had a cold and took a pepper-up potion so instead of passing out they're just fine. Stole the heirloom jewelry but spouse's sister spots them selling it and now they've somehow talked their way into adding two extra rubies to it instead as a surprise gift.

After several months of this the spouse starts to suspect something is ~up but can't really tell anyone because all of their examples just sound like a very thoughtful partner activities.

MJ made this <3
More like a plot idea: similar to Lynn's. Two characters are trapped in a place where they develop a deep connection for what feel like a soul wrenching amount of time and when they manage to escape no time has passed at all.

Only downside is: only one of them actually remembers the experience. The other is left none the wiser. The remembering character now has a problem: they know the other person so very intimately - will they try and get the person to remember? Convince themselves that it was really just them in the experience all along? Accept that the other person doesn't remember them and either leave them to have their own life but be left with the aching question about what could've been or will they try to establish a new relationship with them where they know everything about the other person without being told and if that's the case... How quickly would it take the other to be creeped out and suspicious of the fact that the person with the memories is a stalker...

Also. Names I come across that are awesome: Quartermaine.

The following 1 user Likes Anthea Selwyn's post:
   Melody Crouch

[Image: antheasigwinter.png]
A portrait of a family so constantly at each other's throats that they couldn't play nice even for their portrait sitting. So, all the figures in the painting inherited the annoyances and grievances that their models were airing out as the portrait was being painted. Now trapped in their frame together at the Magical Portrait Gallery and still going on about their old squabbles and dragging other paintings and visitors to the gallery into their problems.

The following 1 user Likes Theodosia Bartlett's post:
   Aldous Crouch

[Image: 85h4kTf.png]
The Beast Division employee tasked with processing (checking in, locking up, seeing naked, etc.) the werewolves who are kept at the ministry on the full moon

The following 5 users Like Aldous Crouch's post:
   Clarissa Cosgrove, Faustus Prewett, Greta Gillenwater, Seneca Lestrange, Victor Daphnel

— Aldous walks with a cane and pronounced limp as the result of a splinching accident. —
[Image: TrSGeWR.jpg]
— graphics by lady ❤ —

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jemima Greengrass
August 27, 2021 – 5:18 PM
Last Post by Reuben Crouch
December 30, 2020 – 8:39 PM
View a Printable Version