Updates
Welcome to Charming
Welcome to Charming, the year is now 1894. It’s time to join us and immerse yourself in scandal and drama interlaced with magic both light and dark.

Where will you fall?

Featured Stamp

Add it to your collection...

Did You Know?
Queen Victoria was known for putting jackets and dresses on her pups, causing clothing for dogs to become so popular that fashion houses for just dog clothes started popping up all over Paris. — Fox
It would be easy to assume that Evangeline came to the Lady Morgana only to pick fights. That wasn't true at all. They also had very good biscuits.
Check Your Privilege

Lily's Journal

30 November, 1889
Another new year will soon be upon us and I am still not wed. I am not even courting. I am not even close. How has my life become like this? When I was young, I was engaged but now I cannot even get courted. Is it me?

With love,
Lily

27  August 1890
My father has officially forbidden me from attending Quidditch games. That bludger that killed that poor woman is to blame. I am not particularly attached to Quidditch but all the same, I think he is overreacting a bit. I am sure the incident has caused those in charge to take better precautions. I should hope anyway.

With love,
Lily

7  September 1890
Father will not budge on the Quidditch issue though I am not fighting against it as hard as I might have were it literally anything else. At this point, I'm just testing him. Seems his limit of giving into me is things that could result in my death. It is a comforting, safe thought. He really is a great father.

With love,
Lily

19 November 1890
I think I need to spice up my Lonely Hearts ad a little more but I cannot think of what to say. I have had some odd letters so maybe it isn't the best way to find a husband. But it is entertaining, at least.

With love,
Lily

January 1, 1890
I only have one New Years resolution and that is to be married. It has been my resolution for years past but even more so now. I will soon be twenty six! I am gathering dust on this shelf and I refuse for things in my life to be this way. I was not made to be a career girl nor a spinster!
With love,
Lily

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by January Lynch
July 31, 2021 – 7:05 AM
Last Post by Nimiane Delaney
January 7, 2020 – 4:38 PM
View a Printable Version